+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default Open Letter to Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy

EDIT: Translators needed! Get in touch if you have some time, and can help with either the Agartha or Critical Mass projects. We're running crowdtranslation projects to make everything simple and quick...

Cureheartbook@gmail.com

Dear Bill and Kerry,

This is an open letter on behalf of lots of anyone having a tough time right now, asking for your help in breaking a set of materials dedicated to improving the grassroots situation on Earth.

Kerry has been contacted once, Bill has been contacted 2-3 times since spring 2013. So far, no response.

Some of the materials are known as the Critical Mass articles. Some are made by other Avalonians with no input from me.

1) A list of water purification technology.

http://www.quora.com/What-devices-co...d=n7uC&share=1

2) An overview of simple technology that can stop world hunger.

http://www.quora.com/What-devices-co...d=n7uC&share=1

3) Grassroots business ideas for ethical entrepreneurs.

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/...s-c003b8de7564

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/...n-a2f6417c7e03

4) An overview of outstanding modern doctors, including Dr Mark Sircus, an Avalonian.

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/...n-6579c3960eee

Much, much more, here:

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/...-now-dfc16d1aa

Is that in line with your mission statement?

Not Self Promotion

If you check the Avalon archives, many writers here have started threads on all sorts of solutions. There are far more than one writer can cover here.

Useful Threads by Other Avalon Writers

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...at-are-awesome

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...In-Two-Minutes

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...n-water-how-to.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...vid-Brownstein

Critical Mass

90-95 percent of our writing is free to copy. We have some innovative business models and ideas in development which would mean ALL Avalonians could benefit from starting ethical businesses, if they wanted. It's our aim to stimulate a wave of ethical businesses that transform out society from the ground up.

Bill

Bill, these would be ideal for Vilcabamba, and go a long way to diffusing the tension between expat haves and native have nots. The writing is far less controversial than Jim Humble's MMS.

Kerry

Kerry, you had to cancel Malta cos lots of people are skint right now. We want to start a set of reasonably priced (5-15 USD) online text conferences dedicated to strategizing ethical grassroots projects. You can help if you want.

Our backstory is much less outlandish than the EU official story you broke last year.

Text Only

We much prefer text interviews, but we can talk details if you respond. We also prefer to focus on the grassroots business side, instead of the subterranean aspect, if that's too hot for you to touch.

Multiple casual requests for help since 2013 have fallen on deaf ears, so this is now a formal, open letter. We didn't want to get dramatic, but the silence has forced our hand.

Where do we all want to be by Christmas?

Thanks for listening, and thanks for an interesting project so far...

Peace

Last edited by Daozen; 5th November 2014 at 01:02.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

4evrneo (4th November 2014), A Voice from the Mountains (4th November 2014), Adi (5th November 2014), astridmari (4th November 2014), Becky (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), birddog (4th November 2014), cheez_2806 (5th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), Deega (6th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), Kano (4th November 2014), kersley (5th November 2014), ks4ever (4th November 2014), Neal (5th November 2014), onawah (4th November 2014), Peace&Love (4th November 2014), Pilgrim (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), sandy (5th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), Sith73 (4th November 2014), Spiral of Light (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014), thepainterdoug (4th November 2014), wegge (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Default Re: Open Letter to Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy

I appreciate your verve and the general idea of what you're putting forward, but why load this project of yours onto Bill and Kerry? It's a phenomenon I see often that people go to those who are already doing a lot to tell them to please do this and that on top of what they're already doing. It's like asking others to start a project. Just create a website and a project yourself. Take on board who is willing and who you consider competent and just go for it. Make an effort to spread the word and see how it develops. But waiting for any big name to get on board to start is not a recipe for success, in my experience.

4. The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

4evrneo (4th November 2014), A Voice from the Mountains (4th November 2014), animovado (4th November 2014), astridmari (4th November 2014), Becky (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), Billy (4th November 2014), Carmody (5th November 2014), cheez_2806 (5th November 2014), Christine (4th November 2014), David Ansible (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), Fellow Aspirant (4th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), HypnoDoc (4th November 2014), karelia (4th November 2014), kersley (5th November 2014), kirolak (4th November 2014), Kryztian (4th November 2014), ks4ever (4th November 2014), Limor Wolf (4th November 2014), Marianne (4th November 2014), Michael Moewes (4th November 2014), Mike Gorman (4th November 2014), mountain_jim (5th November 2014), Muzz (4th November 2014), Neal (5th November 2014), onawah (4th November 2014), Pam (4th November 2014), Pilgrim (4th November 2014), Pris (5th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Sebastion (4th November 2014), seko (4th November 2014), Selene (4th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Spiral of Light (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (4th November 2014), ThePythonicCow (4th November 2014), Tommy (4th November 2014), Truglivartna (4th November 2014), ulli (4th November 2014), Verdilac (7th November 2014), wegge (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014), Words of Joy (5th November 2014), Zanshin (5th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by christian (here)
    I appreciate your verve and the general idea of what you're putting forward, but why load this project of yours onto Bill and Kerry? It's a phenomenon I see often that people go to those who are already doing a lot to tell them to please do this and that on top of what they're already doing. It's like asking others to start a project. Just create a website and a project yourself. Take on board who is willing and who you consider competent and just go for it. Make an effort to spread the word and see how it develops. But waiting for any big name to get on board to start is not a recipe for success, in my experience.
    Please don't use misleading phrases like "load a project onto", "tell them to please do this and that" and "waiting for a big name"

- I'm making an offer to them. They can do a 1-2 hour interview or leave it alone as they wish.

Quote Make an effort to spread the word and see how it develops
    This thread is part of that effort. The project started in September Two Thousand Nine. It's been ignored by alt media. In the meantime I've seen dozens and dozens of fake predictions, duff time-frames, and false panics. Readers are stuck on an intel treadmill.

I was going to leave Bill alone, then a few days ago he started a thread containing a lot of predictions that I think will almost definitely not come true. There were similar threads last summer. Readers are completely free to ignore this project. I just need to know that I've done my best to get the word out, and made Avalon an offer to try a sane, pragmatic path.

EDIT: If they message me and say, "Thanks, but we're busy right now." I'll understand.
    Last edited by Daozen; 4th November 2014 at 11:27.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

animovado (4th November 2014), astridmari (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), cheez_2806 (5th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), David Ansible (5th November 2014), Kano (4th November 2014), Neal (5th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014), yelik (4th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Please don't use misleading phrases like "load a project onto", "tell them to please do this and that" and "waiting for a big name"

- I'm making an offer to them. They can do a 1-2 hour interview or leave it alone as they wish.

Quote Make an effort to spread the word and see how it develops
    This thread is part of that effort. The project started in September Two Thousand Nine. It's been ignored by alt media. In the meantime I've seen dozens and dozens of fake predictions, duff time-frames, and false panics. Readers are stuck on an intel treadmill.

I was going to leave Bill alone, then a few days ago he started a thread containing a lot of predictions that I think will almost definitely not come true. There were similar threads last summer. Readers are completely free to ignore this project. I just need to know that I've done my best to get the word out, and made Avalon an offer to try a sane, pragmatic path.
    I'm sorry if I misrepresented what you meant to communicate here.

To put it very bluntly: There are many empowering strategies and tools and it would be wonderful to have them presented in a reader friendly format on a site. I see that you want to do that and that you collected a few in the links in your signature, but I don't see that you manifested a proper, comprehensive platform for the things you're speaking of. As a rule of thumb, look at what is doable right now and then go for it. If you don't proceed at one place, work on another. Just get in a flow and do your work. Petitioning others to interview you when in five years you have not even produced a proper website seems like an inefficient use of energy to me.

And whatever Bill or anybody wants to cover is their choice. You can always comment and object, but you've got to respect people's choices of what they do with their time and energy, even if you don't understand it. If you think covering other information or doing other things would be better, then you're the one who should go for it and lead by example. You can always ask people to interview you, but there's no point in beleaguering them if they don't respond. You've also got to consider that people with a high amount of incoming emails can't possibly read all of their mail, let alone answer all of it.

I honestly think your proactive approach of focusing alternative media information on empowering solutions is wonderful. What I don't understand is why you don't focus more energy on creating a place where it's available for people to see in a comprehensive, clear and structured format. Or maybe you have and you just didn't share the link to it here?

Rolling up your sleeves and pushing others to work is not a recipe for success. Live an empowered life yourself, offer others to go along, but be detached. Otherwise you'll thwart your own efforts. Focus first and foremost on creating. Have a good product and radiate the success of what you're doing, that's what attracts people to seek your leadership and guidance. Rolling up your sleeves and urging others to work is simply not something that yields good results, however good your intentions are.

8. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

4evrneo (4th November 2014), animovado (4th November 2014), astridmari (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), David Ansible (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), Hazel (4th November 2014), karelia (4th November 2014), Kryztian (4th November 2014), Neal (5th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Sebastion (4th November 2014), Selene (4th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014), thunder24 (5th November 2014), Tommy (4th November 2014), ulli (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the pep talk.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

astridmari (4th November 2014), betoobig (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), David Ansible (5th November 2014), Kbrammcdonald (4th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

Dear friend Daozen, i know you had to rise your strength and bravenes to go ahead with this thread. You needed to rise your voice. Even do i am not Bill nor Karry let me tell you: you are not alone, and i need to say in public Thanks for your grass roots job... i am using it ... and following your example... THANKS
    To Bill and Karry i am thankfull too and i will love to overcome once for all the situation so they could have a nice rest after all they have done... THANKS
    Real Freewill (with awareness) for all
    Love

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

animovado (4th November 2014), astridmari (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), Daozen (4th November 2014), David Ansible (5th November 2014), Iloveyou (4th November 2014), Limor Wolf (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Selene (4th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote I'm sorry if I misrepresented what you meant to communicate here.

To put it very bluntly: There are many empowering strategies and tools and it would be wonderful to have them presented in a reader friendly format on a site. I see that you want to do that and that you collected a few in the links in your signature, but I don't see that you manifested a proper, comprehensive platform for the things you're speaking of. As a rule of thumb, look at what is doable right now and then go for it. If you don't proceed at one place, work on another. Just get in a flow and do your work. Petitioning others to interview you when in five years you have not even produced a proper website seems like an inefficient use of energy to me.

And whatever Bill or anybody wants to cover is their choice. You can always comment and object, but you've got to respect people's choices of what they do with their time and energy, even if you don't understand it. If you think covering other information or doing other things would be better, then you're the one who should go for it and lead by example. You can always ask people to interview you, but there's no point in beleaguering them if they don't respond. You've also got to consider that people with a high amount of incoming emails can't possibly read all of their mail, let alone answer all of it.

I honestly think your proactive approach of focusing alternative media information on empowering solutions is wonderful. What I don't understand is why you don't focus more energy on creating a place where it's available for people to see in a comprehensive, clear and structured format. Or maybe you have and you just didn't share the link to it here?

Rolling up your sleeves and pushing others to work is not a recipe for success. Live an empowered life yourself, offer others to go along, but be detached. Otherwise you'll thwart your own efforts. Focus first and foremost on creating. Have a good product and radiate the success of what you're doing, that's what attracts people to seek your leadership and guidance. Rolling up your sleeves and urging others to work is simply not something that yields good results, however good your intentions are.
    Christian,

- You don't need to explain concepts like: "whatever Bill or anybody wants to cover is their choice. You can always comment and object, but you've got to respect people's choices of what they do with their time and energy, even if you don't understand it."

- Please don't use implicative or weasel words like "beleaguer". 3 emails in 18 months is not exactly beleaguering anyone. Your choice of words creates a false impression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

-
    Quote You've also got to consider that people with a high amount of incoming emails can't possibly read all of their mail, let alone answer all of it.
    Hence this open letter. It stops all the back and forth. They read it, they say a quick yes or no, and the issue's laid to rest.

-
    Quote What I don't understand is why you don't focus more energy on creating a place where it's available for people to see in a comprehensive, clear and structured format. Or maybe you have and you just didn't share the link to it here?
    1) I have a Reddit site created. I was unclear about the rules for promoting other forums. Another reason to try and get in touch with them.

2) The articles here are laid out clearly enough. Subject by subject, in short, focused essays.

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/...w-dfc16d1aa50b

Quote Petitioning others to interview you when in five years you have not even produced a proper website seems like an inefficient use of energy to me.
    1) More than enough concepts here:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread500968/pg1

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/...08014/pg1&mem=

2) Many, many Avalon whistleblowers have been interviewed without a 'proper' website. It's about the content, not the flashy Java loaders. I agree that I need to create a proper platform. I haven't done it yet, but I'll get there.

This is not about self promotion. There are so many good writers on here who are getting drowned out by the short term speculation and panic mongering. If Bill and Kerry decline for now I'll accept that. I just need it on record that they were contacted, so everyone knows where they are.

Thanks for the lecture.
    Last edited by Daozen; 4th November 2014 at 12:40.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

astridmari (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), bennycog (4th November 2014), betoobig (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), Meggings (4th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Got to go home now... I'll be back in about 24 hours... Thanks for reading everyone.
    Last edited by Daozen; 4th November 2014 at 12:41.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

astridmari (4th November 2014), betoobig (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote You've also got to consider that people with a high amount of incoming emails can't possibly read all of their mail, let alone answer all of it.
    Hence this open letter. It stops all the back and forth. They read it, they say a quick yes or no, and the issue's laid to rest. […] If Bill and Kerry decline for now I'll accept that. I just need it on record that they were contacted, so everyone knows where they are.
    You need it on record? To prove it to whom and for what case? What is it you're actually trying to achieve, where's your focus?

Just for clarification, nobody has to respond to any request you make of them, however you phrase it. That's their prerogative. It's a basic rule of non-violent communication and interaction. You can make requests, but you must accept when people choose to decline or ignore them. Nobody has to give you a 'yes' or 'no,' you can't demand any action from others, period.

If you're not sure whether or not to post a link, just drop a note to the moderators. In general, promoting empowering information is of course encouraged. What we don't want is when people use Avalon merely as a sales pitch.

For the creation of a website, I'm not talking about flashy anything. Just concrete, structured content that's easy to navigate and preferably stands on its own, otherwise it's more likely to drown in the sea of the site on which it appears in some sub-section. You don't need to defend what you did so far, all that is certainly not bad. See my feedback as that of a customer. It's always hard to persuade the customer that he's got it wrong. Adjusting the product to meet the needs of the customer is the way to go.

As for 'beleaguering,' at no point I said that you did that to anyone, no need to take it personal. I just meant to present my understanding of general mechanisms. I thought this was pertinent here, because I'm concerned about your balance between creating and promoting/networking.

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

animovado (4th November 2014), astridmari (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), Billy (4th November 2014), David Ansible (5th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), Hervé (4th November 2014), Limor Wolf (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Sebastion (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014), thepainterdoug (4th November 2014), Tommy (4th November 2014), ulli (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,578 times in 32,794 posts

-------

Hi, Everyone — I have just seen and read this thread. Thank you!

I deeply appreciate everyone and anyone who's working hard to bring solutions to awareness, and striving to make the world a better place. This is why I'm here, and that also applies to many or most reading this.

I get requests very often from people (not just forum members) asking if I could be kind enough to put my focused energy behind a particular specialized project. I always take it as a sincere compliment that I'm asked. But in almost all cases, it's just not possible for me to do this... like in the comedy film MULTIPLICITY, I'd have to clone myself many times over.

But I want to encourage all members to do whatever they can, always. And never give up or be discouraged... we are MEANT to feel discouraged. We are MEANT to feel powerless. We are MEANT to wake up in the morning and feel we can do little or nothing. That's all part of the engineered lie.

So anyone who picks up a ball and runs with it has my support, respect and admiration. We have to try. What else is there to do?

Projects roll out, expand, and become popular and supported in surprising ways. I've discovered that one cannot plan or strategize this. Project Management of a new idea can't be counted upon to work.

What DOES work is something rather different, that they would never teach you in Business Management School.

Inspiration, commitment, passion, faith (a strange word!) and simply ASKING the universe for support, and then being open to ALLOWANCE, can literally enable miracles to manifest. Support, openings and opportunities may come from totally unexpected directions.

But one has to communicate, and 'put it out there'. Then the response may come from behind you.... maybe from someone reading this who's not even a forum member.

What you DO need to do here (maybe you have and I've missed it!) is make it possible to be contacted. What I CAN easily say is that any non-member reading this who wants to get in touch can write to staff@projectavalon.net (or to me personally at bill@projectavalon.net) and everything will be immediately forwarded to Daozen for him to pick that up and run with it as well.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th November 2014 at 16:48.

20. The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (4th November 2014), Adi (5th November 2014), animovado (4th November 2014), araucaria (4th November 2014), astridmari (4th November 2014), Baby Steps (4th November 2014), Becky (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (5th November 2014), Billy (4th November 2014), Camilo (4th November 2014), Carmody (5th November 2014), cheez_2806 (5th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), Gemma13 (7th November 2014), ghostrider (4th November 2014), Hervé (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), kanishk (8th November 2014), karelia (4th November 2014), Krist (5th November 2014), ks4ever (4th November 2014), Limor Wolf (4th November 2014), meeradas (11th November 2014), Omni (4th November 2014), philippe betambeau (4th November 2014), Pris (5th November 2014), regnak (4th November 2014), Rollo (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Selene (4th November 2014), Sierra (4th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014), Skyhaven (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Sophocles (4th November 2014), Spiral of Light (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014), thepainterdoug (4th November 2014), thunder24 (5th November 2014), ulli (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Thanx Bill, loved yer post... as can plainly be seen.. I ain't quite as eloquent as you.
    Last edited by Sierra; 6th November 2014 at 12:33.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), RUSirius (4th November 2014), sigma6 (5th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

bill/ this is a wonderful summation of things not taught to us in school, in our upbringing, at least not mine, haha, and a great bit of clarity i will share with others. you don't candy coat our difficulties, or make believe they are cured by positive thinking etc, you say, go out and live it, do it, whats real for you, honestly without shortcuts, which only we know to be truthful or not, and then ASK! Ask the great unknown whatever you choose to call it to guide you, to put wind in your sails. this is where the mustard seed of faith comes in.
    the alternative is to simply not . Thanks for reminding me again

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), Krist (5th November 2014), Limor Wolf (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Selene (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------
    But I want to encourage all members to do whatever they can, always. And never give up or be discouraged... we are MEANT to feel discouraged. We are MEANT to feel powerless. We are MEANT to wake up in the morning and feel we can do little or nothing. That's all part of the engineered lie.
    This is absolutely TRUE. And I would like to add that encouraging others is not only an act of kindness (and we cannot ever know how much that encouragement is desperately needed, or how much it may improve the world)... it is also a SUBVERSIVE act. The action of a free human being.
    Last edited by soulsinger; 4th November 2014 at 18:32.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to soulsinger For This Post:

belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (5th November 2014), Bill Ryan (4th November 2014), christian (4th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), Krist (5th November 2014), Limor Wolf (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), sandy (5th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Spiral of Light (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

I can give you no advice on how to make your info "go viral"; if I knew, The Reset Button would have "gone viral."

I think Christian gave good advice, good council, and was encouraging. Go back and read what he wrote, blot out the words/phrases that sting if you must, but do re-read it.

I have thought about directly asking some well-known people to put their name and stamp of approval on The Reset Button Movement, but realized that the intent is a movement that literally springs from the grassroots - not infused with some celebrity's aura. Celebrated individuals also are a two-edged sword: those people you're trying to reach that like/respect this well-known individual may be impressed and take a closer look; those that dislike/disrespect this individual throw your efforts into the same gutter where they have (emotionally) kicked the person they dislike/disrespect. A really good example is Russell Brand speaking the truth - and half the people reject everything he says because they don't like him, or don't respect him, or have a problem with his celebrity and money.

You have the additional "problem" of trying to make money from your ideas. Regardless how much you give away, how good your intentions, how pure your integrity (and maybe even want to adhere to the Buddhist concept of "Right Occupation"), you are still selling something. I'm not sure if there is a direct correlation, but take a look at the "open source" software community, and figure out how they make money. They give something for free, and offer services to expand upon, assist, offer consultation, and further develop/customize the free software. Maybe you could incorporate this concept (and your site visitors no longer see you as being a "self-help book salesman."

In my opinion, you don't want a high-tech or glitzy website - but you do want a well-organized site with ubiquitous, familiar user interface functionality (such as a banner and a menu system.) You don't want to look too amateurish or disorganized or like a zealot. In the modern world, a website is more critical than having a "brick and mortar" physical building/address/organization, more critical than business cards, more critical than advertising (which many small business people erroneously believe can be stopped when a website becomes active), more critical than a phone number, more critical than an individual person. All of those technologies have been at the top of the most critical list at some point - but right now, it's a website. It is the watering hole, the cozy coffee house, the hitching post, the anchor that contains enough good content to hold visitors and keep them coming back.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

animovado (4th November 2014), Becky (4th November 2014), Bill Ryan (5th November 2014), Billy (4th November 2014), christian (9th November 2014), Krist (5th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), sandy (5th November 2014), Sierra (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Spiral of Light (4th November 2014), Spirithorse (4th November 2014), thepainterdoug (4th November 2014), ulli (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

great observations dennis. its a perplexing wavelength to manage when trying to" illuminate" while needing to compensate ones self financially. money makes the mare go until something changes this paradigm. thanks!

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), Bill Ryan (5th November 2014), christian (9th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), Krist (5th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Sierra (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    Oh yah and by the way??? Go Home??? back in 24??? Does that mean you don't have a "Computer" at Home???

Don't have a Computer at HOME???? What's up with that??? Can't afford one??? Live out in the sticks???

In this day and age and for what you are suggesting... how can you do what you are asking... without even a COMPUTER at Home???

So confusing???!!!
    sirdipswitch, you’d be surprised how many people can’t afford to either purchases or replace their old computers. Did you know that some on Avalon go to libraries for computer time?

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    And what's up with that stupid video??? Oh it's a cool,video... but...

Ain't really pertinate to this discusion.. is it???

Sortta makes ya look like some sort of... ccc. nah I won't say that... ccc.
    Though I haven't seen the movie nor read Dune's five sequels, by Frank Herbert. From a quick search, it doesn't seem like a "stupid video". I see that it's Daozen's way to punch up his post through music and movies that many can relate too.

The YouTube video that Daozen added is from “Prophecy Theme,” by Brian Eno from the “Dune” soundtrack.

Dune film “A three-part miniseries on politics, betrayal, lust, greed and the coming of a Messiah. Based on Frank Herbert's classic science fiction novel.

RunningDeer

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (4th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (5th November 2014), Bill Ryan (5th November 2014), Brodie75 (6th November 2014), Camilo (4th November 2014), christian (9th November 2014), Daozen (4th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), Krist (5th November 2014), sandy (5th November 2014), Sierra (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), ulli (4th November 2014)

33. Link to Post #17
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

Hi, Everyone — I have just seen and read this thread. Thank you!

I deeply appreciate everyone and anyone who's working hard to bring solutions to awareness, and striving to make the world a better place. This is why I'm here, and that also applies to many or most reading this.

I get requests very often from people (not just forum members) asking if I could be kind enough to put my focused energy behind a particular specialized project. I always take it as a sincere compliment that I'm asked. But in almost all cases, it's just not possible for me to do this... like in the comedy film MULTIPLICITY, I'd have to clone myself many times over.

So anyone who picks up a ball and runs with it has my support, respect and admiration. We have to try. What else is there to do?

Projects roll out, expand, and become popular and supported in surprising ways. I've discovered that one cannot plan or strategize this. Project Management of a new idea can't be counted upon to work.

What DOES work is something rather different, that they would never teach you in Business Management School.

Inspiration, commitment, passion, faith (a strange word!) and simply ASKING the universe for support, and then being open to ALLOWANCE, can literally enable miracles to manifest. Support, openings and opportunities may come from totally unexpected directions.

But one has to communicate, and 'put it out there'. Then the response may come from behind you.... maybe from someone reading this who's not even a forum member.

What you DO need to do here (maybe you have and I've missed it!) is make it possible to be contacted. What I CAN easily say is that any non-member reading this who wants to get in touch can write to staff@projectavalon.net (or to me personally at bill@projectavalon.net) and everything will be immediately forwarded to Daozen for him to pick that up and run with it as well.
    Aright thanks Bill. I asked and you answered.... I appreciate your encouragement. Just so people realize, I only wrote this after a few attempts to contact you fell flat. This could well be because you're snowed under. Now I'll continue to hang out here and collate all the excellent research you have here in the archives.

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread, respond, and give some encouragement...

This is a 20 year project so there's no rush.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

andrewgreen (5th November 2014), animovado (4th November 2014), betoobig (5th November 2014), Bill Ryan (5th November 2014), christian (9th November 2014), Krist (5th November 2014), Matisse (6th November 2014), philippe betambeau (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), Sierra (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), ulli (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

35. Link to Post #18
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I can give you no advice on how to make your info "go viral"; if I knew, The Reset Button would have "gone viral."

I think Christian gave good advice, good council, and was encouraging. Go back and read what he wrote, blot out the words/phrases that sting if you must, but do re-read it.

I have thought about directly asking some well-known people to put their name and stamp of approval on The Reset Button Movement, but realized that the intent is a movement that literally springs from the grassroots - not infused with some celebrity's aura. Celebrated individuals also are a two-edged sword: those people you're trying to reach that like/respect this well-known individual may be impressed and take a closer look; those that dislike/disrespect this individual throw your efforts into the same gutter where they have (emotionally) kicked the person they dislike/disrespect. A really good example is Russell Brand speaking the truth - and half the people reject everything he says because they don't like him, or don't respect him, or have a problem with his celebrity and money.

You have the additional "problem" of trying to make money from your ideas. Regardless how much you give away, how good your intentions, how pure your integrity (and maybe even want to adhere to the Buddhist concept of "Right Occupation"), you are still selling something. I'm not sure if there is a direct correlation, but take a look at the "open source" software community, and figure out how they make money. They give something for free, and offer services to expand upon, assist, offer consultation, and further develop/customize the free software. Maybe you could incorporate this concept (and your site visitors no longer see you as being a "self-help book salesman."

In my opinion, you don't want a high-tech or glitzy website - but you do want a well-organized site with ubiquitous, familiar user interface functionality (such as a banner and a menu system.) You don't want to look too amateurish or disorganized or like a zealot. In the modern world, a website is more critical than having a "brick and mortar" physical building/address/organization, more critical than business cards, more critical than advertising (which many small business people erroneously believe can be stopped when a website becomes active), more critical than a phone number, more critical than an individual person. All of those technologies have been at the top of the most critical list at some point - but right now, it's a website. It is the watering hole, the cozy coffee house, the hitching post, the anchor that contains enough good content to hold visitors and keep them coming back.

Hope this helps,

Dennis
    Thanks for some excellent advice Dennis. I'll take it all on board and think about what you said over the next few weeks. I think you're right about the website. I'll start with a Reddit community. I guess I should PM Paul and ask if it's OK to mention it here. As far as the money thing goes, I've been a long standing member here and never flogged anything... I honestly think the notion that 'business is evil' is a misconception on the part of on alternative communities, but no time to go into this here.

No one wants to commercialize this website, that'd be awful, but I see this Renaissance dragging on, and something needs to happen to speed things up.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Becky (5th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (5th November 2014), Bill Ryan (5th November 2014), christian (5th November 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

37. Link to Post #19
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by christian (here)
    Hence this open letter. It stops all the back and forth. They read it, they say a quick yes or no, and the issue's laid to rest. […] If Bill and Kerry decline for now I'll accept that. I just need it on record that they were contacted, so everyone knows where they are.
    You need it on record? To prove it to whom and for what case? What is it you're actually trying to achieve, where's your focus?

Just for clarification, nobody has to respond to any request you make of them, however you phrase it. That's their prerogative. It's a basic rule of non-violent communication and interaction. You can make requests, but you must accept when people choose to decline or ignore them. Nobody has to give you a 'yes' or 'no,' you can't demand any action from others, period.

If you're not sure whether or not to post a link, just drop a note to the moderators. In general, promoting empowering information is of course encouraged. What we don't want is when people use Avalon merely as a sales pitch.

For the creation of a website, I'm not talking about flashy anything. Just concrete, structured content that's easy to navigate and preferably stands on its own, otherwise it's more likely to drown in the sea of the site on which it appears in some sub-section. You don't need to defend what you did so far, all that is certainly not bad. See my feedback as that of a customer. It's always hard to persuade the customer that he's got it wrong. Adjusting the product to meet the needs of the customer is the way to go.

As for 'beleaguering,' at no point I said that you did that to anyone, no need to take it personal. I just meant to present my understanding of general mechanisms. I thought this was pertinent here, because I'm concerned about your balance between creating and promoting/networking.
    Christian, if you get time, read Dennis' post. You both gave similar ideas, but he talked straight, like I was an equal. You make some OK points, but you sound like a careers adviser lecturing a 14 year old. You make blindingly obvious observations like:

Quote Just for clarification, nobody has to respond to any request you make of them, however you phrase it. That's their prerogative. It's a basic rule of non-violent communication and interaction. You can make requests, but you must accept when people choose to decline or ignore them. Nobody has to give you a 'yes' or 'no,' you can't demand any action from others, period.
    You are superficially helpful, but your posts are laced with a lot of double-talk and subtly provocative language. I've got no time to go through it point by point right now. Thanks for the ideas. You are basically right about the website and the customer feedback. It'd be good if you could just drop that info straight without any of the head patting and condescension.
    Last edited by Daozen; 4th November 2014 at 22:09.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (5th November 2014), Bill Ryan (5th November 2014), christian (5th November 2014), Pris (5th November 2014), Ultima Thule (8th November 2014)

39. Link to Post #20
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    great observations dennis. its a perplexing wavelength to manage when trying to" illuminate" while needing to compensate ones self financially. money makes the mare go until something changes this paradigm. thanks!
    Just so people are clear. I have a day job that pays fine. I'm not trying to cynically pitch something here or leech off the forum. Painterdoug, you've summed up the dilemma of this transition period nicely. I believe, in the absence of paradigm shifting "Black Swan" events, ethical business might be the surest route to planetary prosperity.

Take water filtration. What is the best, quickest, route to getting water filters out all over Earth? Charities are stretched. Governments don't care. NGO's are corrupt. Mythical funds don't pay a penny.

Maybe simple buying and selling is the only way out. You can filter water from as cheap as 5 cents per 10 liters.

I deliberately don't use internet at home. 1) If I did, I'd be on FB 10 hours a day. I use cybercafes cos it gets me out of the house, allows me to meet people, and stops me from sitting indoors. 2) I have an iPad and tether at home, I have concerns about Wifrying myself, so I only use them in emergencies.

Christian

Quote Christian: If you're not sure whether or not to post a link, just drop a note to the moderators. In general, promoting empowering information is of course encouraged. What we don't want is when people use Avalon merely as a sales pitch.
    Again with the under-the-table implications. Again the bizarre mixture of encouragement and high handed lecturing. Oh wait... I got you all wrong, right? You didn't mean it like that. I just took it the wrong way. What you meant was...

If you read my posts, you'll see I'm a long standing member who's contributed significantly. If you read and understand the OP, you'll see I was talking about stimulating "a wave" of businesses that would help everyone. There are several humanitarian emergencies going on right now. Governments, charities and NGO's are not stepping up, maybe the free market can do this.

Quote 90-95 percent of our writing is free to copy. We have some innovative business models and ideas in development which would mean ALL Avalonians could benefit from starting ethical businesses, if they wanted. It's our aim to stimulate a wave of ethical businesses that transform out society from the ground up.
    Quote ...use Avalon merely as a sales pitch.
    Don't imply. Don't misrepresent. Don't obfuscate what I was doing. Don't use the word "we" as if you're speaking for the whole forum. Let everyone speak for themselves. I won't string this out. If you drop the issue, I'll drop it too. You talk blunt, but you don't talk straight. If you make bullet point suggestions without immediately undercutting them in your next sentence, I'll listen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak

I'd prefer to have a roundtable discussion on how I can improve the project (everyone else has pitched in with good ideas) without the patronizing undertones.

No need for anyone to come along and say "Gee Daozen, you took it the wrong way... what Christian was trying to say was..."

Onward.

Sir Dipswitch, try this soundtrack:

Last edited by Daozen; 4th November 2014 at 23:32.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

animovado (5th November 2014), belljoshua565 (6th November 2014), betoobig (5th November 2014), Bill Ryan (5th November 2014), christian (5th November 2014), william r sanford72 (5th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast