+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grants Cottage Mt. Mc Gregor //Strange security responce to local news reporters filming at surpposed empty correctional facility

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Default Grants Cottage Mt. Mc Gregor //Strange security responce to local news reporters filming at surpposed empty correctional facility

New York news crew uncovers potentially operational FEMA camp by mistake, threatened

new Tuesday 4th November 2014 at 09:45 By david-icke

Published on 29 Jul 2014
    For More Videos Visit www.turndatupmusic.com

Covert Black Ops
    Editor's Corner..U.S.

New York news crew uncovers potentially operational FEMA camp by mistake, threatened
    November 3, 2014 3:51 pm EST

News crew threatened with arrest and confiscation of footage after stumbling
    across a potentially operational FEMA camp facility inside a “closed” prison
    By Shepard Ambellas

‘WNYT News 13′s Mark Mulholland and his cameraman had a few rather interesting
    encounters with overly aggressive State correctional officers while trying to do a
    story on a historic monument, Grant’s Cottage, which is located at the top of Mount McGregor.

During the encounters, which were all caught on video, the crew was repeatedly
    asked to stop filming what appeared to be a closed prison facility in the backdrop.

“You are on State property right now. You can’t film here.”, said the officer after
    pulling up to the news crew on a public roadway in an aggressive manner with his
    unmarked vehicle. “You are going to leave the mountain now.”, the officer
    continued, insinuating that the news crew was on the mountain for a “different
    reason”.’

After the conflict, the correctional officer, identified only as Lt. Dorn, radioed to his
    co-worker to block the roadway with another vehicle as the crew tried to enter the
    historic monument where the supposed “closed” prison facility.

Finally after bickering with Lt. Dorn and the State Police for over an hour, the crew
    managed to be released with all of their footage.

Now, some like myself, suspect that the old McGregor prison facility may be a
    newly staffed FEMA camp in preparation for the coming Ebola outbreak that has
    been hyped by the media. I encourage any citizen reporters who may be in the
    area to investigate and report back to us at the email newstips@intellihub.com.

Source:

NewsChannel 13 crew threatened with arrest at Mount McGregor — WNYT13

Read more: New York news crew uncovers potentially operational FEMA camp by mistake, threatened

http://www.intellihub.com/new-york-n...ke-threatened/
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 4th November 2014 at 11:47.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

4evrneo (4th November 2014), Ecnal61 (4th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Default Re: Grants Cottage Mt. Mc Gregor //Strange security responce to local news reporters filming at surpposed empty correctional facility

Here is a link to a Google Map showing the Mt McGregor Correctional Facility, and one mile to the south along Mt McGregor Road, the location of Grants Cottage:
    http://goo.gl/maps/RClPA
    This all happens to be 20 miles west of where I grew up, in upstate New York, near the Vermont state border.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (4th November 2014), Cidersomerset (4th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Grants Cottage Mt. Mc Gregor //Strange security responce to local news reporters filming at surpposed empty correctional facility

Three months ago from now, and a few days after the above posted incident with the NewsChannel 13 television crew, in the Saratogian News, Security firm takes control of former Wilton prison:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A private security firm has taken control of access to Mount McGregor Correctional Facility, which recently closed, and Grant Cottage State Historic Site.

The move took effect Saturday afternoon, two days after a state corrections officer allegedly detained and threatened to have a NewsChannel 13 television crew arrested.

However, corrections officials say the security change is part of the prison’s shutdown process and not related to last Thursday’s incident.
    Advertisement

“It’s been part of the planned transition,” corrections spokesman Tom Mailey said.

Friends of Grant Cottage President Tim Welch said he’s concerned that negative publicity surrounding last week’s conflict could deter people from visiting the site.

“We don’t want people to be intimidated,” he said.

Published reports say that NewsChannel 13 reporter Mark Mulholland and a videographer inadvertently filmed exterior shots of the prison while doing a piece about Grant Cottage when a corrections officer told them to stop.

During the incident, New York State Police were called and the corrections officer allegedly told the news crew they couldn’t leave with film showing the prison’s exterior. However, they eventually did.

Welch called the incident “quite avoidable.”

“The irony is that no inmates have been at the prison for three months and that two days after this occurred there wouldn’t be any corrections officers, either,” Welch said. “It just seemed like it was a completely avoidable, nasty incident.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The NewsChannel13 website report on the above incident:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewsChannel 13 crew threatened with arrest at Mount McGregor

Updated: 07/24/2014 11:32 PM
    Created: 07/24/2014 7:07 PM WNYT.com
    By: WNYT Staff

WILTON - A NewsChannel 13 crew was threatened with arrest on Thursday. It happened as they were working on a story about the historic Grant Cottage in Wilton where President Ulysses S. Grant spent his final days.

The cottage is located on Mount McGregor near the correctional facility that's scheduled to close this weekend.

Corrections employees who are still working at the empty prison made every attempt to stop Mark Mulholland from doing his job.

Mulholland says in more than 20 years in the business, he’s rarely encountered anything quite like this.

Grant's Cottage is located at the top of Mount McGregor. Wednesday was the 129th anniversary of Grant's death there.

NewsChannel 13 shot some of the re-enactment Wednesday and Mulholland and his photographer were assigned to go back there Thursday to get some additional shots.

As they were doing a piece on-camera, in the shadows of the empty Mount McGregor prison, a man who identified himself as a corrections lieutenant came speeding towards the crew in a car.

Mulholland and photographer Matt Soriano spoke with the lieutenant.

“No filming,” said the officer, who identified himself as Lt. Dorn.

“We’re doing a story on Grant’s Cottage,” Mulholland tried to explain.

“It doesn’t matter,” the officer continued. After a few more exchanges he then said ,“You’re going to leave the mountain now.”

“You’re telling us we can’t visit a historic site?” Mulholland asked.

“No, you’re going to have to run that through Albany,” the officer replied, saying the news crew was on state ground.

“Look, I’m not going to go around with you on this. You’re going to leave the property,” the officer insisted.

So our crew proceeded to make its way closer to Grant's Cottage.

However, another corrections employee parked his car across the road, denying and blocking the crew’s access to the historic site.

After several minutes, he moves his car to allow other visitors to get to and from Grant's Cottage and slowly inches his car along in front of our crew. Ironically, once there, Mulholland and Soriano noticed a film crew, apparently shooting a movie on the grounds of the prison.

On their way back down the mountain, as the news crew attempted to leave, Dorn had called the state police and ask them to detain the journalists and demanded their video.

“If I’m a member of the public, and I’m taking pictures of Grant’s Cottage, and there’s a facility right behind it,” Mulholland started to say before getting cut off.

“If we’re aware that facility is in the background, those photos will be confiscated,” the officer said.

Dorn told the crew if they didn’t hand over their video they would be arrested.

After roughly an hour and calls between newsroom leadership, state police, and the Department of Corrections, our crew was allowed to leave without surrendering the video.

The state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision released a statement to NewsChannel 13 late Thursday afternoon that reads:
    "We regret that this situation escalated, however the WNYT news crew blatantly disregarded a state officer who informed them they were trespassing. Department regulations state that photographs taken while on Prison property require prior permission. This policy is for the safety of all staff, visitors and prisoners."
    NewsChannel 13 wants to point out that our crew tried to leave the grounds and there are no prisoners at the facility.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The State of New York permanently closed the Mt McGregor Correctional Facility on Saturday, July 26, 2014, so perhaps it is not surprising that some crews were doing some final work on the site on Thursday, July 24, 2014, when the above incident occurred.

The incident was "condemned", appropriately enough, by the New York State Associated Press Association: NYS Associated Press Association issues Mount McGregor statement .

The Albany Times Union report on this prison closure and this incident: Prison set to close, but not quietly. Albany is the capital of New York State, and located some 36 miles south of Wilton, New York, where Grants Cottage and the Mt McGregor Correctional Facility are located.

===

Irrelevant details from my past, relating to this region<grin>:
    Back in the 1770's, my home town of Salem, New York (20 miles east of Wilton), missed by one vote of becoming the state capital of New York. Our county legislator's horse lost a nail from its horse shoe, so he didn't get there in time to vote. That left it a tie, and the speaker of the legislature broke the tie, in Albany's favor. At that point, the population of both Salem and Albany were both about 2000. Over two centuries later, the population of Salem is still about 2000. But the first Lieutenant Governor of the State of New York was a graduate of the same school I went to, a couple centuries later, Salem Washington Academy, the second oldest school in the state.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 4th November 2014 at 12:37.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Cidersomerset (4th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote The State of New York permanently closed the Mt McGregor Correctional Facility on Saturday, July 26, 2014, so perhaps it is not
    surprising that some crews were doing some final work on the site on Thursday, July 24, 2014, when the above incident occurred.
    Could just be coincidence and over zealous security, but as there are two local news stories here
    the closure of the facility as a correctional institute, and the anniversary of President and General.
    Ulssys 'Unconditional Surrender ' Grants death at the cottage where the film crew were assigned
    to do their report and presumed showed their credentials ? The security men and police response
    seemed over the top. Especially as there was another film crew on the property they saw filming
    when they eventually were allowed back up to Grants cottage.

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 4th November 2014 at 13:43.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014), ThePythonicCow (4th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Moderator/Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 783 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Here is a link to a Google Map showing the Mt McGregor Correctional Facility, and one mile to the south along Mt McGregor Road, the location of Grants Cottage:
    http://goo.gl/maps/RClPA
    This all happens to be 20 miles west of where I grew up, in upstate New York, near the Vermont state border.
    Looking closely at Google Map link supplied....I found Mt. McGregor Correctional Facility quite interesting. Are those two large open caves in the centre of the facility?
    They seem to be a natural feature of the terrain.....does anybody have any information on this feature?

Paul, beautiful country side.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Post:

Cidersomerset (4th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), ThePythonicCow (4th November 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

Film crew already there?

Filming a movie?

Has anyone found out who's film crew it was?

Or, was it like 'Israeli art students', who were known in some cases.... to not be that at all?

Possibly the filming was of some other nature?
    Last edited by Carmody; 4th November 2014 at 15:40.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014), ThePythonicCow (4th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sstarss (here)
    Are those two large open caves in the centre of the facility?
    They seem to be a natural feature of the terrain.....does anybody have any information on this feature?

Paul, beautiful country side.
    To my eye, it looks like a small lake, formed in the rock, perhaps where some granite was quarried. We (my high school) played football against a town that still had an active granite quarry. Their linemen were unusually strong in the shoulders, from working the quarries, or growing up in families that worked the quarries.

Here's a photo of what an abandoned quarry looks like:

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

animovado (4th November 2014), Frank V (4th November 2014), Jean-Marie (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

I'm confused? How can David Ike post this as a new story when it happened in July? I remember this story as it happened, and it isn't a new story.

What's up with that?? Just wonderin out loud!!?? chuckle chuckle.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

conk (5th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote I'm confused? How can David Ike post this as a new story when it happened in July? I remember this story as it happened, and it isn't a new story.

What's up with that?? Just wonderin out loud!!?? chuckle chuckle.
    I wondered that as well when I saw the U'tube date , then the Intellihub
    story is dated 3rd Nov so thought it worth throwing out , to see if any
    body had any views. Also the odd way the security and police acted
    with a mainstream local news outlet seemed very odd to me , especially
    live on camera , even though Lt Doran wanted to stop them filming.

+ Reply to Thread