+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Safest Alternatives to Antibiotics?

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Default Safest Alternatives to Antibiotics?

Today I got a severe (delayed) allergic reaction to antibiotics that I have been taking for 3 days. It started with a red itchy rash on my elbows, then a bigger rash (hives) developed on my right hip and forehead, and then left hip and a few other places...and got bigger with time, and my eyes swelled up one at a time and so I went to the doctor who told me to stop the antibiotics and all supplements and to take steroids and anti histamines straight away. I am ok now, as symptoms have not got worse.

I do not want to take antibiotics again if I can help it (this was my first allergic reaction to an antibiotic).

What safer more natural alternatives to antibiotics have you used for infections that has worked? (including urine infections which was what I was prescribed them for). Is there any scientific evidence that they have worked well and are safe (for most people at least)?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Natalia; 4th November 2014 at 19:27.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 times in 245 posts

Default Re: Safest Alternatives to Antibiotics?

I could give you a list of what I have used that worked for me such as: garlic,colloidal silver, olive leaf extract, oregano oil etc. but I can't. I'm not a doctor, I just play one in my little corner of my house! So you didn't hear it from me Good luck. I hope you get this thing out of your system without more complications.

P.S. I don't think you will find many "scientific" papers on natural remedies since they can't be patented. Hence, no money to be made.
    Last edited by Blacklight43; 4th November 2014 at 19:40.

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

13th Warrior (4th November 2014), angelichuman (7th November 2014), Baby Steps (4th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (4th November 2014), eaglespirit (4th November 2014), Ikarusion (7th November 2014), Iloveyou (5th November 2014), Matt P (4th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (4th November 2014), WhiteFeather (20th April 2016), Wind (5th November 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Oil of Oregano (to double-up on BlackLight43's recommendation) has done amazing things for me. Stopped the worst flu I ever had, very quickly.

Also, I had MRSA on my leg, and I sprayed it with colloidal silver, then broke open an Oil of Oregano gel cap and smeared it on (and rotated those 2 substances for a few days. Just as the scientific literature said (yes, there is scientific literature), Oil of Oregano can kill MRSA - and the colloidal silver was my double-whammy silver-bullet to make sure I killed it.

Dennis

{edit, to add} p.s. Here is a link to a post I made on Oil of Oregano last year: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post646213
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 4th November 2014 at 20:08. Reason: added link

5. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

13th Warrior (4th November 2014), andrewgreen (4th November 2014), angelichuman (7th November 2014), Baby Steps (4th November 2014), CivilDawn (5th November 2014), Cobus (5th November 2014), eaglespirit (4th November 2014), Ikarusion (7th November 2014), Iloveyou (5th November 2014), Matt P (4th November 2014), meat suit (4th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Nasu (8th November 2014), Natalia (4th November 2014), PathWalker (4th November 2014), poetbil (5th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), Stephanie (4th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (4th November 2014), TraineeHuman (4th November 2014), WhiteFeather (20th April 2016), Wind (5th November 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 times in 909 posts

colloidal silver... and mms if your body likes it...

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), eaglespirit (4th November 2014), PathWalker (4th November 2014), WhiteFeather (20th April 2016), Wind (5th November 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thank you, I will buy some colloidal silver and maybe oregano oil.

I do believe that alternative medicines do work as effective anti biotics, but the odd scientific study (not on animals) would be nice, even just case studies.

9. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 times in 689 posts

I have heard many say that cranberry juice is helpful in getting rid of urinary tract infections.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

13th Warrior (4th November 2014), angelichuman (7th November 2014), Cobus (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), eaglespirit (4th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (4th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Snookie (here)
    I have heard many say that cranberry juice is helpful in getting rid of urinary tract infections.
    I have heard that (constant use of) cranberry juice is more effective in preventing urine infections (?) - but definitely a good reminder to get some!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

"Clinical Studies and Reports on the Antimicrobial Qualities of Colloidal Silver

The following PDF documents consist of a variety of clinical studies and independent research reports on the antimicrobial qualities of colloidal silver-related products including silver ions, silver compounds, silver nanoparticles, nanosilver compounds, silver-impregnated and silver-coated products, and many other forms of silver being used in a wide variety of ways, but almost all for the purpose of benefitting from the powerful antimicrobial qualities of silver itself."

http://thesilveredge.com/studies.shtml#.VFk1cMmO7FY

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

What is Yunnan Baiyao?

Yunnan Baiyao(云南白药), a.k.a. yunnan paiyao, yun nan bai-yao, yunan bai yao, yunan paiyao, yunnan pai-yao, hunnan baiyao, yuhnahn pie yow, White Medicine from Yunnan, has been extensively used in Asia for many years and is considered a sort of miracle drug for wounds, pain, and hemorrhage. It is famous for being carried in their first aid kits by the Vietcong during the Vietnam War. It has been used by Chinese soldiers for hundreds of years. In China, its reputation is similar to that of Penicillin in the U.S.

Function:
    Stops bleeding, dispels blood stasis, disperses swelling, clears heat, resolves toxins, relives pain

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), eaglespirit (4th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Pam (5th November 2014), PathWalker (4th November 2014), Snookie (4th November 2014), TraineeHuman (4th November 2014), Wind (5th November 2014)

14. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Oil of oregano for me too, after reading The Cure is in the Cupboard
    The Sage does not talk, The Talented Ones talk, And the Stupid Ones argue
    King Tingan
    Journey of Awakening

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meesh For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), eaglespirit (4th November 2014), Iloveyou (5th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014)

16. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)

I do not want to take antibiotics again if I can help it (this was my first allergic reaction to an antibiotic).

What safer more natural alternatives to antibiotics have you used for infections that has worked? (including urine infections which was what I was prescribed them for). Is there any scientific evidence that they have worked well and are safe (for most people at least)?

Thank you.
    Nascent Iodine.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), eaglespirit (4th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014)

18. Link to Post #11
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

Don't use ANTI Biotics. the word says everything. I go with freshpressed ginger juice, then green vegetable juice including parsley.
    And add some very hot chillies. workes allways for me. I like the idea with the colodial silver and the oregano oil. as well the yunnan
    baiyao seems interresting. so give it a try. the important thing is that you get your immune system back in line.
    Couple of years ago I had several allergies. (Grass seeds, penicilin, chalk and dust). a friend of mine, a professor for chinese medicine
    gave me a herbal treatment over three years. and for 9 years now I'm allergie free. every illness is a disballance of the energies in the body. and some missrouted lungs( inner winds). It's a vast theme, but if you may get a hold to a traditional chinese healer, go for it. it's worth it.
    Life healthy

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

Cobus (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), Matt P (4th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (5th November 2014), Wind (5th November 2014)

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

I can promise you that if you use any combination (the more the merrier!) of Blacklight43's suggestions, you will not need to take any other pharmaceutical antibiotic. Those are some of the champions of the natural antibiotics. My statement and confidence is based on years of experience, built upon others' experience, not some "study." Just for kicks, my father had recent prostate surgery and cured a resulting urinary tract infection with colloidal silver and oregano oil, at my suggestion, after the doctor's antibiotics didn't work and made matters worse.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Baby Steps (21st November 2014), Blacklight43 (5th November 2014), Cobus (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (5th November 2014), philippe betambeau (5th November 2014), poetbil (5th November 2014), spiritwind (5th November 2014), Wind (5th November 2014)

22. Link to Post #13
    Croatia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I had few years ago a inflammation of the middle ear, so that my ear was completly swollen and closed. My dr. give me 7 days-antibiotics, but i take just one day mms. every our 5 drops. the next day was evrything fine. Than I have used also collodial silver, wich I make by my self. You need just a small silver generator and destilled water.

What snookie said, cranberry juice and juice of all RED berrys is helpfull.

In Croatia they drink just UVIN Tee for this kind of problems but I dont know is it available in UK.

o i found some at amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Cedevita-Uvin-.../dp/B000LQLNO0

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nikola Tesla For This Post:

Cobus (5th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (5th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (5th November 2014), Wind (5th November 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Snookie (here)
    I read the OP so fast that I somehow didn't see this is a UTI. Pure cranberry juice (not the sugary watered-down stuff) is amazing against UTI. I know several female doctors that swear by it.

So, I concur with Snookie.

Dennis

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (5th November 2014)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Black seed oil.
    Will kill any nasty bugs and parasites... bacteria, viruses, funguses, etc.
    and it's an anti-inflamatory.
    "It cures all diseases except for death" ... according to the Koran (i kid you not).

There's also significant anti-biotic activity in Coconut oil and turmeric.

be happy

lucidity :-)
    Last edited by lucidity; 5th November 2014 at 01:45.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Cobus (5th November 2014), NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (5th November 2014), Wind (5th November 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Cranberry juice is good, and there is also a preparation called Hiprex (here in Oz) which is concentrated cranberry in tablet form. It is taken daily and acts as a disinfectant for urinary infections. Also, just because one antibiotic does not agree with you another might, and there is a considerable variety now. However in this case the cranberry will help I am sure.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

NancyV (5th November 2014), Natalia (5th November 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Was in penicillin based? Quite a few people are allergic to such antibiotics..

I heard that honey is quite antibiotic, maybe you could consume some and see if that helps.

31. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Retired Member KaiLee's Avatar
    Thanks

UTI is regularly given anti biotics as a preventative. In Aus we have a product called ural. It's basically bicarb and citric acid. I would go further though. UTI requires prevention in the first place. It is often a consequence of sexual interaction. It is a common reason many women go to the bathroom soon after sex.

32. Link to Post #19
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

BTW, you can buy Nascent Iodine as Detoxadine in the UK. I don't sell the stuff, I just like it a lot. It completely revolutionized my health beyond all expectations. It's not the only supp you need. B Vitamins are important too, but it helped me recover from life threatening heart disease in about 2 weeks. It knocked out a friends herpes too. I had a shipment from the U.S. LOST in the post. 3 bottles down the drain. Damn.

From skimming the posts, it looks like there's some excellent advice here.

Getting healthy is not so much what you do, but what you avoid as well. White carbs, sugar, alcohol, cheap oils and other major toxins will keep the whole immune system down.

Drinking many non caffeinated herbal teas all day long day helps too. Dr Schulze is my favourite online doctor.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0213205AAvuXIv

http://www.whale.to/a/bladder_tumor_gone.html

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=547054

https://www.thefinchleyclinic.com/sh...ne-p-1042.html

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Natalia (5th November 2014)

34. Link to Post #20
    Great Britain Avalon Member Cobus's Avatar
    Thanks

Amethyst,

I highly recommend making a habit of adding a slice of fresh lemon to your drinking water.

Constancy is important, so adjust your basic living procedures.

And by all means try to avoid processed sugar ... it feeds the bad bugs!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobus For This Post:

angelichuman (7th November 2014), halffull (5th November 2014), Natalia (5th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast