+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Are fear, vanity, guilt, and anger actually 'bad' emotions?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Default Re: Are fear, vanity, guilt, and anger actually 'bad' emotions?

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    One thing I've noticed a lot with so-called 'enlightened' people is the general discouragement of the use of what may be considered 'bad' emotions or feelings like fear, vanity, guilt, and anger.

In particular, the 'anger' one pops up a lot as a bad thing that ought to be avoided.

People who express anger are often shamed and/or shunned.

There's a lot of this 'we are all One' talk, 'we need to love everyone', 'we can't fight them, it's like fighting ourselves', 'we have to play nice', 'we just need to stay calm and think positive thoughts' etc. This is all with regard to the current situation on the planet.

I'm not saying that positive thinking and/or meditation doesn't work. It all helps.

I remembered a scene from an episode in 'Red Dwarf' that does a hilarious (I think) job of illustrating the importance of fear, vanity, guilt, and anger when dealing with an outside threat -- in this case, the Polymorph.

Just replace 'Polymorph' with 'Cabal'.

Have we been brainwashed to undervalue and discourage so-called 'bad' emotions like anger because they actually empower us?

Everything needs to be in balance, right? You can't have your yin without your yang.

What do you think?
    Cabal wouldn't be Cabal without a yin and a yang, right?

Cabal isn't half of an equation.

Isn't an outside threat inside as well?

2. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,215 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by Craig (here)
    Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    So, sheer bliss is a 'good' thing and not actually related to emotions (where excessive emotions -- not necessarily emotions in general -- are supposedly 'bad'). That's rather convoluted, eh? Over-thinking is certainly overrated. Still, I'm glad we cleared up that 'bliss' part of it lol.
    Think of bliss as the natural state of that pure awareness that we all are at core, and the emotional states as the lesser expression of the mind and the physical body. So, this experience, of pleasure, pain and all their permutations are occurring with a bubble floating in this sea of bliss. A bubble that contains both time and space, while the bliss is ever-present, and accessible to those who do the work necessary to find it. If they can just break through the walls of that bubble, for just a little while.
    Rahkyt - can bliss become tiresome? by that I mean to us here in the 3D environment where if you have too much of something whether good or bad you tire of it? or do you need to experience the contrast in order to understand how it feels? In order to know what paradise is do you need to understand what hell is like? Without reference can you truly feel if a situation is good or bad? I hope this makes sense for you.
    Lol, I'm not Rahkyt, but I've experienced bliss during OBEs. It's certainly incomparable to anything else. Personally, I don't think you have to 'understand' what 'hell' is like first in order to know what 'paradise' is like.

When I felt bliss, it just felt like I was home -- without beginning and without end. For me, because I like roller coasters, it's kind of like that feeling you get on the best part of a roller coaster ride, and for a moment, you're screaming in sheer joy/amusement/happiness -- but the feeling doesn't stop.

My gosh, it felt good (my pathetic attempt at words, sorry!).
    Last edited by Pris; 7th November 2014 at 02:24.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Craig (7th November 2014), hohoemi (26th November 2014), justntime2learn (8th November 2014), Mark (7th November 2014), maurice (7th November 2014), PathWalker (8th November 2014), PurpleLama (7th November 2014), Wind (7th November 2014)

4. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by joeecho (here)
    One thing I've noticed a lot with so-called 'enlightened' people is the general discouragement of the use of what may be considered 'bad' emotions or feelings like fear, vanity, guilt, and anger.

In particular, the 'anger' one pops up a lot as a bad thing that ought to be avoided.

People who express anger are often shamed and/or shunned.

There's a lot of this 'we are all One' talk, 'we need to love everyone', 'we can't fight them, it's like fighting ourselves', 'we have to play nice', 'we just need to stay calm and think positive thoughts' etc. This is all with regard to the current situation on the planet.

I'm not saying that positive thinking and/or meditation doesn't work. It all helps.

I remembered a scene from an episode in 'Red Dwarf' that does a hilarious (I think) job of illustrating the importance of fear, vanity, guilt, and anger when dealing with an outside threat -- in this case, the Polymorph.

Just replace 'Polymorph' with 'Cabal'.

Have we been brainwashed to undervalue and discourage so-called 'bad' emotions like anger because they actually empower us?

Everything needs to be in balance, right? You can't have your yin without your yang.

What do you think?
    Cabal wouldn't be Cabal without a yin and a yang, right?

Cabal isn't half of an equation.

Isn't an outside threat inside as well?

Okay, smartie-arse.

I'll take my yin and raise your yang.

Sorry, am I suppressing your yang?
    Last edited by Pris; 22nd November 2014 at 22:34.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Craig (7th November 2014), joeecho (7th November 2014), justntime2learn (8th November 2014), Mark (7th November 2014), maurice (7th November 2014), Selene (7th November 2014), Wind (7th November 2014)

6. Link to Post #24
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,748 times in 261 posts

Oh yes , this is my kind of thread . Before I say anything though I want to qualify my words with a warning . Everything I say will be both serious and tongue in cheek at the same time . In other words I will be using British humor .

Now if I wanted to be brief and not get in to a long winded conversation I would simply say "all things in moderation " then walk off with two hot canadian chicks on each arm and a bottle of quality single malt .

If that makes you angry then I have already made my point. If it has not I am happy to work harder to achieve Nirvana .

In a professional situation anger is not a useful emotion . Neither is fear , hate, lust , jealousy , vanity , PC or rage . I know that my best work is done in a state of calm focus . But when I down tools im ready to get lucky . Now its true that fools rush in and grab the first dolly bird that whistles dixie . Personaly I prefer more of a challenge . I like a girl that tells me to F@$% off, then qualifies it with 'but not to quickly'.

The chase is always better than the catch , but since we are all in the hunt for something better whether it be peace or a healthy tantrum , you gotta do it with style . I like to get angry . But I like to combine it with biting humour so it goes further . get the most bang for my buck . And I like to make love , slowly . Emotion is not a disposable nappy , its a gift to be savored at length with someone who is worth the candle . Or the fireplace .

Romance ,true romance is not for lightweights and PC civil servants with comb over hair cuts . NO my friends , its raw and crazy, yet harnessed for the long ride rather than a quicky in the back seat . Ever made love after an argument with that special someone ? you know what im talking about .

If you can make a woman angry with a little gentle teasing ,then follow it up with sincere flattery and humor , she will admire you for it and see depth . What is a relationship without emotion ? Its dead , a convenience store for the lazy . No , give it to me straight up with a stiff single malt and Ill cook a nice meal after wards . Its not about if or when , its all about timing .

Learn how to make love to a woman and you learn how to make love to life . Everything's sweeter when you Love with passion .
    Last edited by maurice; 7th November 2014 at 03:06.

7. Link to Post #25
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Oh god look what the cat dragged in . I fold . With pleasure .

8. Link to Post #26
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

If emotion creates bad car ma , run me over in your big truck, put it in reverse and go over me again . Love and hate , the later is just the lack of the former .

If people started playing the right music in their vehicle , we would all be rocking down lovers lane instead of being stuck in the fast lane.

9. Link to Post #27
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

What do I think ? Well the trouble with men is we cant think and feel at the same time . In some ways that's good and other ways its convenient .

I have always liked women who are in touch with their masculine side and the strength that gives them .But I notice that the only men who are comfortable with that are men who are comfortable with their feminine side . But men are easily emasculated IF they dont go through authentic individuation while still young . That process involves a number of dangerous adventures that conformists fear , the PTB frowns on and your mother knows will give you to much independence to want to look after her in her old age .
    To many mothers suffocate their sons . To many fathers dont spend enough time with their daughters . The system encourages dysfunctional relationships that are constrained. Emotion is constipated so it comes outs in painful spasms instead of conscious expression. Hemorrhoids are a pain in the ass no matter how you get them . Or pains in the ass give you hemorrhoids . Its the system that keeps on taking . Thanks big brother , here , sleep with my wife while I take out the trash .

Sometimes a man has to walk away and spend time alone . Its a good thing but many women dont understand or feel comfortable with it . Some men fear commitment because they dont respect themselves enough to be authentic .

I have not met a woman yet who respected a man for being weak and immature . She may marry him for financial security but that is all either will ever know . The system kills men's spirit and prostitutes women's bodies to the highest bidder . How many men and women have the courage to walk away and build themselves long enough to then find each other ?

Only the man of Tao .

Every woman knows deep down what she wants from a man but he has to find it in himself first .

Yin and yang .Sounds like a warner brothers cartoon to me .

10. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by maurice (here)
    I have always liked women who are in touch with their masculine side and the strength that gives them .But I notice that the only men who are comfortable with that are men who are comfortable with their feminine side . But men are easily emasculated IF they dont go through authentic individuation while still young . That process involves a number of dangerous adventures that conformists fear , the PTB frowns on and your mother knows will give you to much independence to want to look after her in her old age .
    Wow, that's deep. Well said.

Quote The system encourages dysfunctional relationships that are constrained. Emotion is constipated so it comes outs in painful spasms instead of conscious expression. Hemorrhoids are a pain in the ass no matter how you get them . Or pains in the ass give you hemorrhoids .
    You know, maurice, you make some good points. You're also hilarious! Your communication style is super!

Quote Yin and yang .Sounds like a warner brothers cartoon to me .
    Do you mean like 'Itchy & Scratchy'?

11. Link to Post #29
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Nice thread Pris ,happy to be a part of it . Relieved to see you got the humour . I itch therefore I scratch . I have not been chased around the back yard by my mother in law weilding a chain saw , it was much worse than that .

'You gotta yin for that yang your carryin' son ? '

' No officer , but if you can tell me where to get one I would be most gratefull.'

' Are you ridiculing an officer of the law ?'

' No officer , I just wanna get in touch with my badself and look good in front of my homies !'

'Then go north my son , to Canada ! Where the women are so fine ,like sweet summer wine , Id go there myself but ive run out of time . And thats a rap .Run along now kid and dont let me see you playing with your own yang again . You'll go blind '
    Last edited by maurice; 7th November 2014 at 09:47.

12. Link to Post #30
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Ever made love to a complete stranger ? Ever surrendered completely to intense emotion and damn the consequence ? Ever wondered what the shotgun marriage statistics are when your catholic ? Protection therefore is the wise mans choice when the moment seizes him. I let go of the church and embraced passion without guilt . It was good then and its still good now. Not advocating promiscuity , that's for amateurs and poseurs. Non, mon ami . What I am saying is make love when you can , dont let such a simple sublime pleasure go begging while others scream themselves hoarse from unrequited love .

Anger is unexpressed love more often than not .

13. Link to Post #31
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by maurice (here)
    Wow, that's deep. Well said.

Quote The system encourages dysfunctional relationships that are constrained. Emotion is constipated so it comes outs in painful spasms instead of conscious expression. Hemorrhoids are a pain in the ass no matter how you get them . Or pains in the ass give you hemorrhoids .
    You know, maurice, you make some good points. You're also hilarious! Your communication style is super!

Quote Yin and yang .Sounds like a warner brothers cartoon to me .
    Do you mean like 'Itchy & Scratchy'?

You like my communication style ? That's good, because I like yours too and I have an urge to communicate WITH YOU , and I must answer that urge . WE must be friends yes ? do you consent ? tell me you will or I shall die .

14. Link to Post #32
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

All negative emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided. If you think anger impowers you, than you are a demon or an oger. there is no true power in negativity. but much more in positivity and love. If you express negative emotions all the time to make yourself feeling "powerfull", you will end up allone without any true friends. If this are your intentions go ahead but you have to deal with the results of your actions. cause and effect is a natural law.
    to your brainwashed statement. I asume you have to evolve quickly to some other level

15. Link to Post #33
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

I did not mean to imply that one needs to work at killing emotions, nor is that a good idea. Emotions are an important part of life. It is just that one should not let emotions rule our lives. Only then do they become bad. It has been said that the purpose of life is to live it. Strong emotions can get in the way of that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

justntime2learn (8th November 2014), Pris (8th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #34
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Emotion is energy in motion. That's what the word means . A lot of the time people dont even know why they are angry which begs the question why ? Vanity , sure its unhealthy if you dont really love yourself because its a simulacrum , its not the real thing .

Greed is the one you really have to watch out for .Its arrogance born of self hate and isolation .Its an extreme compensation for the lack of love and self respect .

Whats tragic is that most people compensate for lack of self respect with ego , A totally different synthetic programing based reactive algorithm . Ever notice how illogical ego driven people are . Notice how they screw up everything and never take responsibility ?

I believe what pris is saying is that when you shut down your heart to attain purity you shoot yourself in the foot . But I would rather hear what she has to say . I would take a bullet in the foot any day for a woman like that .

18. Link to Post #35
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

What most men dont understand is that when a woman's heart is stirred it is such a powerful emotion that she is often frightened by it because there is no going back . A woman's heart is a deep sea of feelings that once stirred is never quieted . Unless she finds fulfillment with the beloved . Men are stupid about such things . Men have to take a long journey to find their feminine nature and be at peace with it . But when the seeds are sown he finds his own path and is content to take it regardless of what others think say or do .He becomes a man of destiny and all women find men of destiny attractive . He carries a seed worth transmitting to further generations .

There is a hard nosed pragmatism in every woman's heart that is tougher than admamant . More mysterious and therefore more beguiling . Men are haunted by a woman's beauty no matter how immature they may be . But such beauty cannot be bought , it can be hired , enslaved and coerced may be . But true hearts meet where destiny is seeded in them first . This much I do know .

there is a saying that I have found very true

'If a fool would persist in his folly he will become wise'

19. Link to Post #36
    UK Avalon Member
    Mainly Earth but I do regularly commute to various other dimensions ;)
    Thanks

Bad emotions, negative emotions...
    Perhaps the real issue is not with the energy pattern itself but our unwillingness to feel our emotions. So many on the so called path of ascension can't get off the runway because of their trying to be 'enlightened'. Holding naive and even juvenile ideas of what enlightenment must feel like. And thus model ourselves on those ideas.

If we are to ostracise our so called negative emotions then we are to remain decompartmentalised and spiritually fragmented. Instead we should feel those emotions and move into them deeply with our attention so as to know our own dimensions well. Let us be ready to feel our fear and our anger and let us see clearly our guilt and our vanity.

When we stop avoiding and ostracising our own energy patterns we begin to establish a more steady and less reactionary relationship with ourselves… this naturally leads to deeper integration with ourselves and we our less prone to extreme polarity swings in our energy.

All of the so called negative emotions have been dubbed so only because they are expressions of our suffering, but suffering is natural and there is no one on any path of ascension whom is not accustomed to it.

Why give one emotion more importance than another. well I'll tell you why... because people are despairing for the emancipation that they believe enlightenment must bring them. Desperate to be free from the suffering of the world with all of its war and hatred and disease and lies. But the enlightened one does not shy away from darkness, she goes directly into the deepest darkness and becomes a light. And when the light is blinding and dominearing she can enter into the light and cast darkness.

So in summary… Ive got 99 problems but emotions aint one.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pharaohs Maze For This Post:

animovado (8th November 2014), heyokah (8th November 2014), hohoemi (28th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), Pris (8th November 2014), PurpleLama (8th November 2014), Selene (8th November 2014), Shezbeth (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #37
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Enlightenment . You know , I think its easier to let that ephemeral goal go and just get on with living and feeling what you need to do . Its like ascension . Live, learn from your mistakes instead of beating yourself up by repeating them . The illuminati treat humans like battery hens . They cage them and feed them and harvest them. watch how any cage animal behaves and you understand why humans don't process their emotions in a healthy way. because they are not free to make mistakes .They think they have to be perfect from the get go. I like screwing things up , I like feeling the pain and joy of falling in love and out . I grow through that stuff . This I know . The illuminati are not allowed to **** with anyone who gets it on and goes their own way . They may try and you may experience isolation but F#% the drones if they want to stay in the cage . This is my bloody life and im going to bloody well live it . Freedom is passion , freedom is saying F@#$ you , this is my life bitches .

22. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michael Moewes (here)
    All negative emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided. If you think anger impowers you, than you are a demon or an oger. there is no true power in negativity. but much more in positivity and love. If you express negative emotions all the time to make yourself feeling "powerfull", you will end up allone without any true friends. If this are your intentions go ahead but you have to deal with the results of your actions. cause and effect is a natural law.
    to your brainwashed statement. I asume you have to evolve quickly to some other level
    Can you explain why you say that ALL 'negative' emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided? That's a blanket statement. How can you be so sure?

Personally, I know that anger has empowered me. It has helped me to overcome fear, build up courage, stand up for myself and express my thoughts. I don't think I am a demon or an ogre -- at least not the last time I checked.

The scene from 'Red Dwarf' that I presented is an amusing way to consider what might happen to a person if a strong 'negative' emotion is entirely removed from a person and suggests we'd be rendered... rather dysfunctional. Sure, it's a work of fiction, but the whole point is to consider the possibility.

I'm not so sure the line is clear cut when we describe 'negative' and 'positive' emotions. It was suggested earlier in this thread that intense negative and intense positive emotions are both 'bad'. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that, but it's interesting.

Btw, your comment overall seems a bit hostile, which is amusing... all things considered.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Mark (8th November 2014), PurpleLama (8th November 2014), Shezbeth (8th November 2014)

24. Link to Post #39
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Quote Posted by Michael Moewes (here)
    Can you explain why you say that ALL 'negative' emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided? That's a blanket statement. How can you be so sure?

Personally, I know that anger has empowered me. It has helped me to overcome fear, build up courage, stand up for myself and express my thoughts. I don't think I am a demon or an ogre -- at least not the last time I checked.

The scene from 'Red Dwarf' that I presented is an amusing way to consider what might happen to a person if a strong 'negative' emotion is entirely removed from a person and suggests we'd be rendered... rather dysfunctional. Sure, it's a work of fiction, but the whole point is to consider the possibility.

I'm not so sure the line is clear cut when we describe 'negative' and 'positive' emotions. It was suggested earlier in this thread that intense negative and intense positive emotions are both 'bad'. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that, but it's interesting.

Btw, your comment overall seems a bit hostile, which is amusing... all things considered.
    Because if it is directed at you you wouldn't like it, would you? The universe works like a mirror, what you put out is what you get back, its very simple.

25. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    I did not mean to imply that one needs to work at killing emotions, nor is that a good idea. Emotions are an important part of life. It is just that one should not let emotions rule our lives. Only then do they become bad. It has been said that the purpose of life is to live it. Strong emotions can get in the way of that.
    I happen to be a female. For what it's worth because of that, from my own perspective and experience, I'd say that it is impossible not to let emotion rule my life.

We 'shouldn't' do this and we 'shouldn't' do that... oh, why not? I completely agree that the purpose of life is to live it. For me, strong emotion is like... the cherry on top.

I'm not suggesting to live in strong emotion all the time like that's 'normal'. But, try being a woman for a day.

We are literally wired differently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast