+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Are fear, vanity, guilt, and anger actually 'bad' emotions?

1. Link to Post #61
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Default Re: Are fear, vanity, guilt, and anger actually 'bad' emotions?

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    Maybe I'am a bit weird here, but I don't feel any anger at all, its just not there... I try to see the bigger picture, and often try to understand why things are as they are, or why people act like they act.... and from there nothing happens except avoidance, if that gets me out of an undesired situation.
    Hey Skyhaven, maybe you are not a human being. No offense, it is quite normal here. There are many beings here dressed in human form that are not human. We are all taking the great ride to the "Event".
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Pris (9th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    Btw, I get lots of 'answers' when I go back and remember what it was like when I was a kid.
    Yes. This encompasses so much, thank you for making this connection Pris. Children of probably between 3 - 8 have such an ability to flow with life. They experience the strongest of emotions, anger, happiness, etc. but can release them all in an instant. They can be crying and upset one moment, happy and bubbling the next, and they do not hold on to the emotion or the memory of it. That happens later as family and societal structures take hold and that early innocence is lost. The buildup of experience, both negative and positive, hardens those synaptic pathways and habit and repetition, in thinking and acting, become ingrained. To our jaded eyes that early grace looks like savagery in a way, uncivilized behavior as they are beset by their desires and are learning to temper them in the process of their early learning on how to be a member of society.

It is a sad process to have to civilize a child. But if a parent does not do it, society will.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Carmen (9th November 2014), Craig (11th November 2014), Pris (9th November 2014), Sebastion (9th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #63
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Emotional are not good or bad, they are just emotions, but they can become very habitual and addictive. Ever known people who hang on to their emotions, let them build, then spew them over unsuspecting friends or relatives. It's bloody tiresome! Some people it takes alcohol to start the spewing, others it just takes a wee trigger! It's easy to recognise in other people, maybe not so easy in yourself initially! But it is pretty obvious. and it's just like a drug! They need a 'hit' every now and then! They feel marvellous afterwards because they have gotten rid of their crap. Unfortunately it's all over their friends or loved ones.

In spiritual terms I think the emotions could be called the 'veils'. They certainly stop spiritual advancement in my opinion. This emotional addiction can very easily be explained in scientific term also. The huge release of adrenalin at the spewing of emotions stage then the cortisone of the calming influence afterwards. It's a chemical addiction entirely produced in ones body.

Thank you Rahkyt, you explain things very well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Mark (9th November 2014), maurice (11th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #64
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,216 times in 2,398 posts

Maybe I'am a bit weird here, but I don't feel any anger at all, its just not there... I try to see the bigger picture, and often try to understand why things are as they are, or why people act like they act.... and from there nothing happens except avoidance, if that gets me out of an undesired situation.
    Yeah. I agree with the maybe on that. You weirdo, you.

Maybe it's your personality type. People just don't 'feel' the same way. Some feel more intensely or less intensely than others. For example, I am an ENFP and I live with an ISTJ. There's a huge difference in intensity of emotion between us.
    To each their own, I can see how some people like the roller-coaster feeling of emotions. Its not really for me though, it drains my energies, and I have to recover from that for like two days.
    Haha! Yes, 'the roller-coaster feeling of emotions' is something you either like or dislike, but I think it depends on how you're wired (whether to like or dislike). Also, the amount -- or intensity -- of emotion you have may also not be your 'choice'. Rather, it comes with the human package so to speak. So, if you fight whatever happens to be your 'true' nature, you'll have personality problems.

Learning to feel/explore all our emotions deeply (well, as deeply as your wiring permits) is what may be required to allow us to transcend them... but, only after they have been assimilated.

Isn't that an oxymoron lol?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Shezbeth (9th November 2014), Skyhaven (10th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #65
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Btw, I get lots of 'answers' when I go back and remember what it was like when I was a kid.
    Yes. This encompasses so much, thank you for making this connection Pris. Children of probably between 3 - 8 have such an ability to flow with life. They experience the strongest of emotions, anger, happiness, etc. but can release them all in an instant. They can be crying and upset one moment, happy and bubbling the next, and they do not hold on to the emotion or the memory of it. That happens later as family and societal structures take hold and that early innocence is lost. The buildup of experience, both negative and positive, hardens those synaptic pathways and habit and repetition, in thinking and acting, become ingrained. To our jaded eyes that early grace looks like savagery in a way, uncivilized behavior as they are beset by their desires and are learning to temper them in the process of their early learning on how to be a member of society.

It is a sad process to have to civilize a child. But if a parent does not do it, society will.
    Absolutely. Then, as an adult we must learn how to become savage and uncivilized once again.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Mark (10th November 2014), Shezbeth (9th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #66
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    Emotional are not good or bad, they are just emotions, but they can become very habitual and addictive. Ever known people who hang on to their emotions, let them build, then spew them over unsuspecting friends or relatives. It's bloody tiresome! Some people it takes alcohol to start the spewing, others it just takes a wee trigger! It's easy to recognise in other people, maybe not so easy in yourself initially! But it is pretty obvious. and it's just like a drug! They need a 'hit' every now and then! They feel marvellous afterwards because they have gotten rid of their crap. Unfortunately it's all over their friends or loved ones.

In spiritual terms I think the emotions could be called the 'veils'. They certainly stop spiritual advancement in my opinion. This emotional addiction can very easily be explained in scientific term also. The huge release of adrenalin at the spewing of emotions stage then the cortisone of the calming influence afterwards. It's a chemical addiction entirely produced in ones body.

Thank you Rahkyt, you explain things very well.

One must allow the spewing of others' emotions to roll off one's back.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Mark (10th November 2014), Shezbeth (9th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #67
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Yeah, that's the trick, but emotional spewers seem to be able to suss out vulnerable people who cannot let it roll off their backs! They recognise those who will not put up with their **** and don't even go there! They are often control freaks!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Mark (10th November 2014), maurice (11th November 2014), Pris (10th November 2014), Shezbeth (10th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

15. Link to Post #68
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    Yeah, that's the trick, but emotional spewers seem to be able to suss out vulnerable people who cannot let it roll off their backs! They recognise those who will not put up with their **** and don't even go there! They are often control freaks!
    That's right. It's a tough lesson, unfortunately. That's why those who are vulnerable need to learn how to build up the proverbial shield to protect themselves so that they are no longer vulnerable.

Btw, who did you mean is the control freak? The control freak or the one who won't put up with their crappola?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Shezbeth (10th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #69
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

She means those who like spewing their crap are often control freaks.

18. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

Absolutely. Then, as an adult we must learn how to become savage and uncivilized once again.
    Yes, that is so.

Able to express those emotions you mention in the OP, fear, vanity, guilt, anger, with the purity of innocence, which is a lack of judgment and acceptance, as well as their oppositional expressions, fearlessness, selflessness, responsibility and calmness, also with that same purity of innocence. This is balance. Truth without duplicity. The lion and the lamb within us each, coexisting in perfect harmony.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Pris (10th November 2014), PurpleLama (10th November 2014), Shezbeth (10th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

20. Link to Post #71
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    She means those who like spewing their crap are often control freaks.
    Personally, I happen to be a control freak that won't put up with crappola. Hmmm...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Post:

PurpleLama (10th November 2014)

22. Link to Post #72
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Yes, that is so.

Able to express those emotions you mention in the OP, fear, vanity, guilt, anger, with the purity of innocence, which is a lack of judgment and acceptance, as well as their oppositional expressions, fearlessness, selflessness, responsibility and calmness, also with that same purity of innocence. This is balance. Truth without duplicity. The lion and the lamb within us each, coexisting in perfect harmony.
    Super comment, Rahkyt! That really gets to the core of it!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Carmen (10th November 2014), Mark (10th November 2014), PurpleLama (10th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4