+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had two children, lost gospel reveals

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had two children, lost gospel reveals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-reveals.html

There's a significant number of threads on Jesus, so happy for this one to be merged if appropriate.

In a nutshell, a couple of researchers claim to have cracked the code of an ancient manuscript dating back to 500AD which has been collecting dust in the British library for several years. The sizeable manuscript which spans 26 chapters was initially disregarded by scholars as unremarkable, but a Professor from Toronto and an Israeli-Canadian film maker believe they have uncovered the true story of Jesus life, contradicting the original 4 gospel's version of events.

This has been an area I've really wanted to get stuck into (brought up catholic, but never could resonate with the chorus line). I vaguely remember Bill starting a thread about Jesus' story a while back. Would anyone be able to direct me to where to find it. (I'm being lazy).

For those of you who know their stuff, where does this fit in with the dead sea and nag hemmadi scrolls? Are there any concise documentories or books you could direct a novice like myself?

Thanks in advance guys.

Matt

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Napping For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (10th November 2014), Alpha (10th November 2014), animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), Chester (10th November 2014), Joanne Shepard (10th November 2014), ks4ever (11th November 2014), Mercedes (10th November 2014), Neal (11th November 2014), observer (10th November 2014), Omni (12th November 2014), Stephanie (11th November 2014), sunflower (10th November 2014), TelosianEmbrace (13th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Default Re: Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had two children, lost gospel reveals

Quote Posted by Napping (here)

This has been an area I've really wanted to get stuck into (...) (I'm being lazy).
    Make your mind up

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

aranuk (11th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Joanne Shepard (10th November 2014), Napping (10th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had two children, lost gospel reveals

Summed up in a nutshell araucaria, thank you.

Back on topic, I've since found Bill's previous thread relating to all of this. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...smear-campaign

It could well be another drip in the disclosure and dismantling of old paradigms. This has smothered the mainstream media over the past 24 hours.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Napping For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (10th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Now, I was raised a Catholic, but I'm not a Catholic anymore, and I have done some research of my own into this area. Mary Magdalene was indeed Yeshua's wife, and his primary apostle - much to the chagrin of Peter. She was also the mother of his three children - two girls and a boy, in that order. After Yeshua's death, she traveled to Europe in the company of her eldest daughter, Sara, and her brother in law, Joseph of Arimathea. As I understand it - but I could be wrong - Sara then stayed behind in the region currently known as the south of France, while Mary Magdalene and Joseph traveled on towards what is now the United Kingdom. Dan Brown wasn't too far off the mark when he wrote "The Da Vinci Code".

However, I must disagree with both the title of this thread and with the premise of the article that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute or that she would have been the prostitute who was saved by Yeshua from stoning, according to the four official gospels. The myth that this prostitute and Mary Magdalene would have been one and the same woman was created and propagated by the Roman Catholic Church, due to the fact that its two founders, Peter and Paul, were misogynists - Paul had never even known or even met Yeshua during his lifetime - and the intent was to rule out women from occupying any position in the Catholic Church, other than as nuns.

The Catholic Church has in the meantime - somewhere in the middle of the past decade - also already officially apologized for its age-long depiction of Mary Magdalene as a prostitute, and the truth of the matter is that Mary Magdalene was actually a very well-educated woman from a well-respected family. She was the woman of whom the four canonical gospels say that she dried Yeshua's feet with her hair after she had washed them, which was a clear sign of the fact that she was in love with him.

As for the Dead Sea scrolls, Yeshua was known to have spent some time with the people of Qum Ran (who wrote the scrolls) before he became a public figure.
    Last edited by Frank V; 10th November 2014 at 14:10.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Its very easy to say MM was a prostitute if you just follow the official script, but dig a bit and you will see what was not to be seen.
    I recommend reading Lars Muhl's "The O Manuscript" which certainly enlightened my view on all of this.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), jjjones (11th November 2014), Lefty Dave (10th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), Omni (12th November 2014), onawah (10th November 2014), Shezbeth (10th November 2014), sunflower (10th November 2014), thunder24 (10th November 2014), WhiteFeather (10th November 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

Napping, please ask Paul to remove the word "prostitute" from your thread title. It is misleading especially since research has pointed out that she was NOT.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), gripreaper (11th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), observer (10th November 2014), Omni (12th November 2014), vmk22 (10th November 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

Quote Posted by Aragorn (here)
    Now, I was raised a Catholic, but I'm not a Catholic anymore, and I have done some research of my own into this area. Mary Magdalene was indeed Yeshua's wife, and his primary apostle - much to the chagrin of Peter. She was also the mother of his three children - two girls and a boy, in that order. After Yeshua's death, she traveled to Europe in the company of her eldest daughter, Sara, and her brother in law, Joseph of Arimathea. As I understand it - but I could be wrong - Sara then stayed behind in the region currently known as the south of France, while Mary Magdalene and Joseph traveled on towards what is now the United Kingdom. Dan Brown wasn't too far off the mark when he wrote "The Da Vinci Code".

However, I must disagree with both the title of this thread and with the premise of the article that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute or that she would have been the prostitute who was saved by Yeshua from stoning, according to the four official gospels. The myth that this prostitute and Mary Magdalene would have been one and the same woman was created and propagated by the Roman Catholic Church, due to the fact that its two founders, Peter and Paul, were misogynists - Paul had never even known or even met Yeshua during his lifetime - and the intent was to rule out women from occupying any position in the Catholic Church, other than as nuns.

The Catholic Church has in the meantime - somewhere in the middle of the past decade - also already officially apologized for its age-long depiction of Mary Magdalene as a prostitute, and the truth of the matter is that Mary Magdalene was actually a very well-educated woman from a well-respected family. She was the woman of whom the four canonical gospels say that she dried Yeshua's feet with her hair after she had washed them, which was a clear sign of the fact that she was in love with him.

As for the Dead Sea scrolls, Yeshua was known to have spent some time with the people of Qum Ran (who wrote the scrolls) before he became a public figure.
    Yes I thought Mary had 2 daughters - I was surprised at the 2 son's part of the story...do you know both the daughters names Aragorn? Or the sons name?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

She wasn't a prostitute!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), onawah (10th November 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The Talmud of Immanuel is the actual account of the life of Immanuel , who they say was never called by the name Jesus ... He did survive the crucifixion , and then travel to India where he took a wife and had children ... He was known then as the traveling Hebrew ... the sixth prophet in the incarnation line of the seven prophets from the seven sisters ... He was tutored like all prophets by the plejaren/angels ... people will choose what to believe , it's up to you who's information you choose to follow , I choose to run from England and King James ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Frank V (11th November 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Cool, first Star Wars gets 'the later years' treatment, now they are working on The Bible: Next Generation.

I'd like to see the entire translated script, as it stands it makes little sense in its true context, or shall we expect 2 small sun/moon hybrids to form soon? Although Mrs Christ (LOL) did get around a bit, never stayed in the house for more than 2.5 days, can we be sure who the father is? And I'm not attacking her as Jesus also got around, but he took his time and was the light and sol of the party.

I'll just sneak away...

Additional bit: I suspect they'll find the kids are twins, or at least have strangely recognisable names.
    Last edited by GK76; 10th November 2014 at 15:09.

17. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Becky (here)

Yes I thought Mary had 2 daughters - I was surprised at the 2 son's part of the story...do you know both the daughters names Aragorn? Or the sons name?
    Two daughters, one son. The eldest daughter's name was Sara, but I'm afraid I've forgotten the name of the second daughter. The son was called Seth, after Adam and Eve's proverbial third son - Adam and Eve have never really existed, of course.

Joseph of Arimathea, who traveled to Europe with Mary Magdalene and Sara, was not Yeshua's son, but his younger brother. I'm not sure anymore whether Yeshua had five brothers or whether he was one of five children.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

She wasn't a prostitute!
    Indeed not. She was a well-respected and well-educated woman, and she was Yeshua's Prime Apostle, above and before all others, but Peter couldn't stand the fact that he had to answer to a woman. In his eyes, women were less worthy than a rogue dog - regardless of the fact that he himself was actually married.

Paul himself - as I stated - had never even known Yeshua, because he was initially a Jewish Roman (named Saul) who hunted down Christians, and he converted to Christianity after allegedly having heard Yeshua's voice saying to him "Saul, why are you doing this to me?". He then teamed up with Peter and the two of them created what is now known as the Roman Catholic Church.

The fact that Paul/Saul was a Roman citizen was why he was beheaded with a sword, whereas Peter was crucified upside down. And the latter is in turn why Satanists use an upside down crucifix as their symbol.

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

However, I must disagree with both the title of this thread and with the premise of the article that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute
    Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    Its very easy to say MM was a prostitute if you just follow the official script, but dig a bit and you will see what was not to be seen.
    Quote Posted by sunflower (here)
    Napping, please ask Paul to remove the word "prostitute" from your thread title. It is misleading especially since research has pointed out that she was NOT.
    However, I must disagree with both the title of this thread and with the premise of the article that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute
    Good points -- the word "prostitute" is now removed from this thread's title .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alpha (10th November 2014), animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), gripreaper (11th November 2014), heyokah (10th November 2014), Jake (10th November 2014), Jean-Marie (10th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), observer (10th November 2014), Omni (12th November 2014)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,484 times in 32,925 posts

-------

Here's Simcha Jacobovici, who helped translate the new text:

http://projectavalon.net/Mariamne_the_Master.mov

4 minutes... do watch.

One thing he very probably got wrong was the origin of her name 'Magdalene'. It doesn't seem to have come from Magdala, the fishing village (which many scholars now think did not actually exist at that time) — but from the Aramaic 'Magdala', which means ELEGANT, GREAT or TOWER.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdala

Like... "Mary, the Great Tower of Strength".
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 10th November 2014 at 16:35.

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Becky (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), ghostrider (11th November 2014), ginnyk (10th November 2014), heyokah (10th November 2014), Jake (10th November 2014), jjjones (11th November 2014), JRS (11th November 2014), Lifebringer (11th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), Neal (11th November 2014), observer (10th November 2014), Omni (12th November 2014), Wind (11th November 2014)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,484 times in 32,925 posts

Here's the entire article:

Is this proof Jesus married and had two sons? Ancient manuscript said to be 'lost gospel' with a sensational twist

• New book 'The Lost Gospel' claims Mary Magdalene was original Virgin Mary
    • It is based on manuscript found in British Library dating back 1,450 years
    • Professor Barrie Wilson and writer Simcha Jacobovici translated text
    • They claim there was an assassination attempt on Mary's two children
    • Church of England has dismissed claims comparing it to Dan Brown's work

Did Jesus Christ marry Mary Magdalene and have children with her? Surely, you’re thinking, that’s the kind of sensationalist mumbo-jumbo you find only in the pages of fiction.

In fact, The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown’s 2003 best-selling thriller, was hinged on that very premise: a secret bloodline had sprung from the union between Jesus and Mary.

But now the authors of a new book, The Lost Gospel, claim to have unearthed evidence of a manuscript which tells the story of Jesus’s two sons and his marriage to Mary, one of his closest followers, who was at his crucifixion, burial and the discovery of his empty tomb.

Of course, there have been various discoveries of ‘new’ gospels over the years and allegations about a romantic relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene have persisted for centuries.

Indeed, they have frequently been explored in popular culture. For example, in the Fifties, the book The Last Temptation Of Christ suggested that the pair married after Jesus was taken down from the cross. Martin Scorsese turned the idea into a film of the same name in 1988.

However, this new book focuses on a story to be found in a manuscript dating back to 570 AD and written in Syriac — a Middle Eastern literary language used between the 4th and 8th centuries and related to Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus.

Written on vellum — treated animal skin — it had been in the archives of the British Library for about 20 years, where it was put after the British Museum had originally bought it in 1847 from a dealer who said he had obtained it from the ancient St Macarius Monastery in Egypt.

For the past 160 years, the document has been studied by a few scholars but has been considered pretty unremarkable.

But then Simcha Jacobovici, an Israeli-Canadian film-maker, and Barrie Wilson, a professor of religious studies in Toronto, took a look. After six years of study, they are convinced they’ve uncovered a missing fifth gospel — to add to the four gospels, which tell the story of the life of Christ and are said to have been written by the evangelists Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, in the 1st century AD.

If true, this would make it the greatest revelation into the life of Jesus in nearly 2,000 years. Jacobovici claims the manuscript, which is 29 chapters long, is a 6th century copy of another 1st-century gospel and casts parts of the Bible in a very different light.
    Later this week, he will present his findings at a conference hosted by the British Library.

Like the fictional The Da Vinci Code, which had its hero scouring works of art for secret, religious messages, the document is in code. According to Jacobovici and Wilson, it tells of Jesus’s marriage through the story of the Old Testament character Joseph and his wife Aseneth.

Jacobovici decided to look more deeply into Joseph and Aseneth, when he compared their story with other Old Testament tales.

In order to test the British Library documents, the researchers used hi-tech digital imaging to photograph them 13 times. They then got the manuscript translated for the first time from Syriac into English.

There have been other, later, versions of the Joseph and Aseneth story, written in Latin and Greek, which have been preserved in monasteries. But by returning to the ancient Syriac, Wilson and Jacobovici say it was possible to read the text as it was intended and to decode the hidden story.

Central to their claim is that Joseph was actually Jesus — and that Aseneth was actually Mary Magdalene.

The new translation, according to Jacobovici and Wilson, records that the Pharaoh of Egypt officiated at the wedding between the couple, saying to Aseneth: ‘Blessed are you by the Lord God of Joseph, because he is the first-born of God, and you will be called the Daughter of God Most High and the bride of Joseph now and for ever.’

Gospel truth? The manuscript dating back to 570 AD (above) is written in Syriac — a Middle Eastern literary language used between the 4th and 8th centuries and related to Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus

After a seven-day wedding feast, the text is said to read: ‘Joseph had intercourse with Aseneth... And Aseneth conceived from Joseph and gave birth to Manasseh and his brother Ephraim in Joseph’s house.’

And so, could centuries of Christian teaching be wrong and that Jesus was a husband and father?

There are many, many more pieces of the jigsaw to be put together before this can be proved conclusively.

The theory is based on the claims that this ‘lost’ gospel and the ‘encrypted’ story of Jesus’s marriage was the work of a group of persecuted Christians. It apparently disappeared from public view around 325 AD.

It was at the time that the then Roman emperor Constantine — the first Christian emperor — was said to have ordered all other gospels to be destroyed, leaving only Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to tell Jesus’s story because their version fitted with Constantine’s view of Christianity.

‘Since then, people have found bits and pieces of those other [destroyed] gospels,’ says Jacobovici. ‘They usually come up through the antiquities market and they’re attacked as forgeries. Or they’re just a few lines.’

But the British Library manuscript, he says, ‘is a full-blown gospel’.

He and his colleague Wilson point to several clues that they say give away its true meaning. Principally, the story about Joseph has little connection with other Old Testament stories about a man who is best-known for the tale of his murderous brothers, which inspired the popular musical Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

What’s more, Joseph is often seen in early Syriac Christianity as a symbol of Jesus. The manuscript calls Joseph — like Jesus — the son of God.

At one point in the British Library manuscript, an angel-like figure marks a piece of honeycomb in blood with the sign of the cross. When Aseneth — purportedly the Mary Magdalene figure — eats a piece of honeycomb, the angel tells her: ‘So now you have eaten the bread of life and drunk the cup of life.’

The parallels with Christian Holy Communion, according to Jacobovici, means that this is a ‘Christian text’.

The document is also preceded by a covering letter, written in the 6th century by the man who translated the document from its original Greek into Syriac.

It says the document has an ‘inner meaning’ about ‘our Lord, our God, the Word’.

But just at the point when it seems as if the text’s hidden inner meaning is about to be disclosed, there is a big tear in the manuscript — suggesting someone deliberately censored the revelation that was to follow.

‘There is a cut across the page, right through a line of Syriac writing,’ Jacobovici and Wilson say. ‘This indicates that the section is missing, not because of deterioration but because of censorship.’

While some academics agree that it is possible that others gospels — recounting Jesus’s marriage — may have existed but since been lost, others are adamant that the idea is a complete nonsense.

History is littered with such debates.

In 1213, for example, a chronicle recorded that the inhabitants of Béziers, in southern France, had been burned alive four years earlier for ‘their scandalous assertion that Mary Magdalene and Christ were lovers’. A different story — that Mary was a prostitute — was proposed by scholars who merged her identity with the unnamed sinner who anoints Jesus’s feet in Luke’s gospel. However, this interpretation has almost universally been discounted.

Just two years ago, Harvard professor Karen L. King declared that she’d found a papyrus fragment — thought to be from Egypt — called The Gospel Of Jesus’s Wife. In it, there were four words, written in Coptic (an Egyptian language), saying: ‘Jesus said to them, “My wife...” ’

Jacobovici believes that his ‘lost gospel’ supports Professor King’s studies.
    He is also convinced the story of Jesus’s marriage is already incorporated into four gospels in the New Testament.

He says: ‘Jesus is called a “rabbi” in the gospels. And a rabbi, to this day, in order to have a congregation and a ministry, has to be married. If he’s going to lead a congregation, he’s got to be a model for that congregation. In the first century, you reach manhood — you get married.’

And therefore, he insists, there can be ‘no question’ that, even in the established gospels, Jesus must have a wife.

To emphasise his belief that Mary of Magdalene was Jesus’s wife, he describes her decision to visit his body on the Sunday after the Crucifixion. ‘The gospels told us why she went there — to wash and anoint his body. She’s just a follower and yet she’s going to unwrap his naked body? Women do not wash rabbis or male bodies. Only males do it — unless you are the man’s wife.’

Equally intriguingly, Jacobovici and Wilson claim there was a plot to kill Jesus by a love rival 13 years before the Crucifixion.

They say that the manuscript says the Pharaoh’s son wanted to marry Aseneth and planned to kill Joseph and their children, but was foiled by Joseph’s brothers. Jacobovici identifies the man as Roman emperor Tiberius’s adopted son Germanicus, who was in Galilee when Jesus was there.

This rewriting of the greatest story ever told has, understandably, led the publisher to compare the book by Jacobovici and Wilson to the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the ancient Biblical papyri found in caves in the West Bank which contain passages from the Old Testament.

‘If you look at the cumulative evidence for Jesus’s marriage, it’s getting overwhelming,’ says Jacobovici. ‘This new discovery is probably the most important piece.

‘Its provenance is known, sitting in the British Library all these years. It’s not crazy to say it’s a copy of a work from the first century — many scholars say it is. And it’s not nuts to say it’s Christian — as many scholars have said.’

Not surprisingly, the vast majority of Christian historians are not convinced.

Typical is Diarmaid MacCulloch, professor of the history of the church at Oxford University. He says the ‘lost gospel’ claims sound ‘like the deepest bilge’, adding: ‘I’m very surprised that the British Library gives these authors houseroom.’

As for the British Library itself, staff have refused to endorse the new book.

Undaunted, Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson insist: ‘The only way there is no evidence is if you keep ignoring the evidence.’

But they still have a huge amount of convincing to do — particularly to the Church of England which naturally scoffs at the claims, dismissing them as closer to popular fiction and sharing more with The Da Vinci Code than the historical records of Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.

The Lost Gospel by Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson is published by Pegasus Books.

23. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alpha (10th November 2014), animovado (11th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), ceetee9 (12th November 2014), Chester (10th November 2014), danegeroussacredgeometry (15th May 2015), Frank V (10th November 2014), ginnyk (10th November 2014), Jake (10th November 2014), Jean-Marie (16th November 2014), Joseph McAree (10th November 2014), JRS (11th November 2014), kiwikid (10th November 2014), Lifebringer (11th November 2014), meeradas (11th November 2014), Michael Moewes (10th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), Neal (11th November 2014), observer (10th November 2014), Olam (10th November 2014), penn (11th November 2014), TelosianEmbrace (13th November 2014), Wind (11th November 2014), zebowho (12th November 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,548 times in 20,693 posts

I recommend reading the work of the late Sir Lawrence Gardner, though using discernment.
    David Icke said Gardner was a Reptilian, which he certainly may have been, but I still think there is a good deal of truth in his books.
    Why that is could make for an interesting discussion.
    http://www.graal.co.uk/
    http://www.karenlyster.com/body_bookish.html
    Last edited by onawah; 10th November 2014 at 17:18.
    Each breath a gift...

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Aspen (1st May 2015), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), ginnyk (10th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), Michael Moewes (11th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), Neal (11th November 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Gospel of the Holy Twelve — Translated from the original Aramaic by Rev. G.J.R. Ouseley

http://www.spiritual-minds.com/religion/Gnosticts/gospel%20of%20the%20holy%20twelveL.pdf
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 10th November 2014 at 23:55. Reason: Added caption and tidied link

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Joseph of Aramathea was Yeshua's Uncle - his mother Mary's brother. So Joseph would have been Sara's great uncle. Joseph of Aramathea was an extremely wealthy man who transported tin from Cornwall around the world in his fleet of ships. I think that Yeshua's mother Mary (and her brother Joseph) was half Cornish - her father was Jewish, but their mother was fair - strawberry blond hair and blue eyes - a real beauty. Mary mostly had this colouring too, as did Yeshua, but a bit darker and his eyes were more greeny. Yeshua may well have visited Glastonbury with his uncle during his travels with his uncle when he was a teenager, after he finished studying in Qumran with the Essenes.
    I've been to the top of Glastonbury Tor when the Somerset levels have been flooded and you can really see and get a feel for how the sea came right up to Glastonbury back in those times 2000 years ago. It's really quite eerie.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Frank V (10th November 2014), gripreaper (11th November 2014), heyokah (11th November 2014), Jean-Marie (16th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), onawah (11th November 2014), Spirithorse (10th November 2014)

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Two daughters, one son. The eldest daughter's name was Sara, but I'm afraid I've forgotten the name of the second daughter. The son was called Seth, after Adam and Eve's proverbial third son - Adam and Eve have never really existed, of course.
    Lol, tell that to Simon Parkes! He has many clear memories of being The Adam.

Why would Yeshua and Maria name their son after Adam and Eve's son, if Adam, Eve and their third son Seth didn't really exist? Did Cain and Abel not exist also?
    Sorry Aragorn, I'm not trying to be challenging at all, just questioning in an interested way.
    All the best :-)
    Becky
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 10th November 2014 at 20:29. Reason: fix quoting

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), Chester (11th November 2014), Frank V (11th November 2014), Jean-Marie (16th November 2014), Spirithorse (10th November 2014)

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Some info here with regard to the scrolls found my Billy and Rashid

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_d...p?q=1283888004

Also the Phoenix Journels almost identical here...Bills friend George had a helping hand with many of the Journels..

Journel number 2

http://www.fourwinds10.net/journals/J1-25.html#J002

Viking
    Last edited by Eric J (Viking); 10th November 2014 at 21:49.
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

animovado (11th November 2014), Bill Ryan (10th November 2014), birddog (11th November 2014), danegeroussacredgeometry (16th May 2015), Frank V (11th November 2014), ghostrider (11th November 2014), Jean-Marie (16th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), Olam (10th November 2014)

35. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    I recommend reading Lars Muhl's "The O Manuscript" which certainly enlightened my view on all of this.
    Not to Olam but to all...

even in the Holy Babble, there is not one single statement that said MM was a prostitute. That conclusion was derived by the self appointed interpreters of the books of their own making anyways.

Even if she had been, so what? I mean seriously... so what?

EDITED the rest of my post out - it might unintentionally derail.
    Last edited by Chester; 10th November 2014 at 23:57.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Frank V (11th November 2014), Napping (11th November 2014), Shezbeth (10th November 2014), sunflower (11th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast