+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's this mean? Star Trek convention...?

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 times in 772 posts

Default What's this mean? Star Trek convention...?

any body got idea what the hell is this? the meaning of wearing Star Trek Clothes at G20 Submit? what are they trying to say? look like they in Star Trek convention...

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

21g (11th November 2014), Aragorn (11th November 2014), BMJ (17th May 2016), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), citsym (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), donk (11th November 2014), ElfeMya (11th November 2014), Ellisa (11th November 2014), genevieve (11th November 2014), Innocent Warrior (11th November 2014), justntime2learn (11th November 2014), KaiLee (13th November 2014), KiwiElf (11th November 2014), Lifebringer (11th November 2014), Matisse (11th November 2014), meeradas (11th November 2014), Mercedes (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014), RichD (11th November 2014), skyflower (11th November 2014), Star Tsar (11th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 times in 950 posts

Default Re: What's this mean? Star Trek convention...?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!! That made my day!!! And it explains EVERYTHING!!!! Still laughing!!!

P.S. I think this is APEC not G20, maybe the best is yet to come!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), justntime2learn (11th November 2014), Mercedes (11th November 2014), Star Tsar (11th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

Just awesome !!!! Thanks for posting !
    Love and Light

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014), Star Tsar (11th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 times in 343 posts

WTH is this???? Are they really wearing that? Why are they mocking Star Trek? Would someone please explain? It just looks too crazy.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), Nasu (11th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I think its just APEC leaders just reassuring the public -

`We will go to any lengths to KLING-ON to power `.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 21g For This Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), Circe (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), genevieve (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014), Star Tsar (11th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,144 times in 1,683 posts

Perhaps it was an attempt to confirm that Star Trek,
    was a depiction of our "Real" Space program... hmm.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014), seeker/reader (13th November 2014), Star Tsar (11th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,717 posts

Synchronistically…I popped on the newest Star Trek movie (directed by JJ Abrahms) last night, as I totally had forgotten what it was about.

Our hero (Captain Kirk) had to work with the supersoldier/super human type being (Kahn)
    Kahn was woken up from being cryogenically frozen, by a rogue Star Fleet Admiral
    The rogue (breakaway civ elite?) admiral did so to get his hands on the tech that would protect humanity from hostile alien threats (white hat/black hat story?)

Was listening to Kerry’s “interview” with Mark Richards, the description of the reptilians reminded me of Kahn, working with humans until he felt like eating them.

....maybe disclosure will come in JJ's new Star Wars (Disney) movie...what a world...

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Also: it was called "into the darkness", right?

and Spock from the future give advice to "present" Spock to help "us" win...

Oh yeah...it starts out on "Niribu". Spock stops a volcano from erupting, saving the "primitive" (hairless, chalky white, "Prometheus"-looking) inhabitants from extinction....violating the Prime Dirctive in the process.

I said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: JJ Abrahms is trying to tell us....something. Not sure if it is disinfo or truth...or both. But something...
    Last edited by donk; 11th November 2014 at 17:22.

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 times in 686 posts

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    Synchronistically…I popped on the newest Star Trek movie (directed by JJ Abrahms) last night, as I totally had forgotten what it was about.

Our hero (Captain Kirk) had to work with the supersoldier/super human type being (Kahn)
    Kahn was woken up from being cryogenically frozen, by a rogue Star Fleet Admiral
    The rogue (breakaway civ elite?) admiral did so to get his hands on the tech that would protect humanity from hostile alien threats (white hat/black hat story?)

Was listening to Kerry’s “interview” with Mark Richards, the description of the reptilians reminded me of Kahn, working with humans until he felt like eating them.

....maybe disclosure will come in JJ's new Star Wars (Disney) movie...what a world...
    Actually, Khan Noonien Singh isn't a new adversary. He first appeared in two episodes of the original Star Trek series of the late 1960s, and he was also the primary villain of the second Star Trek motion picture with the crew (and actors) from the original series, called The Wrath Of Khan. This is why the future Spock - remember, Star Trek: Into Darkness takes place on an alternate time line, created during the events of J.J. Abrams' first Star Trek movie, when both the aged Spock and the Romulan mining ship of Captain Nero were thrown back in time by a black hole - knew about Khan, and why he could as such tell his younger self about Khan.

Considering that J.J. Abrams - who also produced the series Lost - opted for a reinstallment of the original crew (albeit with different actors), and thus the Star Trek era of the 23rd century - as opposed to Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG), Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (DS9) and Star Trek: Voyager (VOY), which take place in the 24th century, or Enterprise (ENT), which takes place in the 22nd century - he utilized some of the ideas from TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT. One of those ideas was a recurring theme in DS9 and ENT about a rogue section within Starfleet Intelligence, called Section 31. The admiral literally refers to his covert operations department as Section 31 in J.J. Abrams' second Star Trek movie.

As an important aside, in the original series and its second motion picture on the one hand, as well as in Star Trek: Into Darkness, it was not Section 31 who were responsible for the creation of Khan and his people. In the original series of the late 1960s, the Enterprise comes across Khan and his people by accident, after they had been put in hibernation hundreds of years ago by the population of their own world. When the crew of the Enterprise then awakens Khan, he informs Kirk, Spock and McCoy that he and his people were genetically engineered to be the perfect humans - not necessarily supersoldiers - but that they were so perfect that others on their planet became jealous of them and wanted to get rid of them. Truth of the matter was, of course - and as also described in Star Trek: Into Darkness - that Khan was a psychotic megalomaniac, and that he and his fellow "augments" were highly dangerous, which is why they were put in permanent hibernation by the people from their own planet.

Although it is not explicitly stated on the series whether there is a connection, the name Noonien Singh reoccurs as Noonien Soong during the events of TNG and its respective motion pictures, as the name of the scientist who created the android Data, his "evil twin brother" Lore, and the obviously less sophisticated prototype B4, who appears in the last TNG movie, Star Trek: Nemesis, in which Lt. Commander Data sacrifices his own life to save the Enterprise.

As for a planet named Nibiru... Well, that's obvious, isn't it? The whole Internet has been swamped in Nibiru stories for over a decade already, so it's only logical that if you're a movie producer, you would pick up on some of the stuff floating around on the Internet. ;-)

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Post:

Camilo (11th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), donk (11th November 2014), KiwiElf (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014), seeker/reader (13th November 2014), Star Tsar (11th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote who also produced the series Lost -
    And Fringe...and Alias...

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Gatita's Avatar
    Thanks

If I remember correctly, Khan and his followers were products of eugenics experiments of the 1990's. I haven't seen the original series in a while, so my memory might be off. Nothing new there.

Cat

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gatita For This Post:

21g (12th November 2014), Aragorn (12th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), donk (11th November 2014), KiwiElf (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)

any body got idea what the hell is this? the meaning of wearing Star Trek Clothes at G20 Submit? what are they trying to say? look like they in Star Trek convention...

Well according to an article from RT:

"Dressing up in local attire has become a feature of the APEC summit.

The national costume tradition for APEC summits began when US President Bill Clinton handed out leather bomber jackets in Seattle in 1993. Since then, world leaders have worn attire ranging from ponchos in Peru, which were described as looking like potato sacks, to South Korean silk overcoats.

The jackets were based on the "Mao tunics" once beloved by China's leaders. However, they were given a makeover, with the participants able to wear a brown, purple or green version."

Source: APEC leaders in China don Star Trek-style jackets

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

21g (12th November 2014), Aragorn (12th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), DeDukshyn (11th November 2014), donk (11th November 2014), genevieve (12th November 2014), KiwiElf (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 533 posts

It's a great thought and a bit of fun but the old photoshop brush has been at work I suspect. Here is a link to view the actual photos

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...11-11k385.html

Abbot just isn't a Vulcan it defies logic.. lol

However it is all a bit spooky and on the money when you listen to things put together such as the Corbett report found below:

http://www.corbettreport.com/episode...w-world-order/

It all starts to sound very FEDERATION ish............

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Aragorn (12th November 2014), Cidersomerset (11th November 2014), donk (11th November 2014), KaiLee (13th November 2014), KiwiElf (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,243 times in 18,665 posts

Very funny.......Ion did say on one of Bobs Dobbs shows a few years
    ago that China had been helped by a ET group since the mid 1990's.
    Thats maybe why they have been 'Living Longer and prospering '
    Well some of them...LOL

GO forth and PROSPER ‘APEC leaders in CHINA don Star Trek style JACKETS’

Published on 11 Nov 2014

China on my mind? Not quite, as the annual photo shoot at the APEC summit steered
    away from severe Mao-style tunics. For this year's fashion parade, the traditional
    Chinese gowns had more of a business logic, Starship Enterprise-Spock feel to them.

The leaders seemed to have arranged it between themselves to play out a covert
    Comic-Con - putting most of the red suits and shining faces into the front row.

==================================================
    ==================================================

Slight tangent as this U'tube came up on side list as I was looking for RT article...

From the short lived but very good imo Enterprise prequel....

Star Trek Enterprise - Vulcan Epic

Uploaded on 25 Jan 2007

Star Trek Ent. Music by Enya.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th November 2014 at 21:55.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

21g (12th November 2014), Aragorn (12th November 2014), donk (11th November 2014), KiwiElf (11th November 2014), maurice (11th November 2014), Nasu (13th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread