Thread: Substantial debunking articles on Gordon Duff and Veterans Today

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

Default Substantial debunking articles on Gordon Duff and Veterans Today

I'm not sure what to make of the following three articles yet, in part because I have not read this blogger before.

However these three articles purport to uncover a number of discrepancies and overblown claims in the reporting of Gordon Duff and of his Veterans Today website.
    I will confess to being prone to substantial skepticism, myself, regarding the story of Leo Wanta, so I share the skepticism evident in the second article above.

My initial skimming of the other two articles led me to think that these articles might be reasonably accurate in their reporting, though I have not verified anything independently myself.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

161803398 (15th November 2014), 4evrneo (14th November 2014), A Voice from the Mountains (14th November 2014), Amenjo (13th November 2014), Aspen (14th November 2014), Baby Steps (14th November 2014), Calz (14th November 2014), ceetee9 (14th November 2014), cursichella1 (14th November 2014), DeDukshyn (14th November 2014), donk (14th November 2014), Griff (14th November 2014), Innocent Warrior (13th November 2014), Jake (14th November 2014), jjjones (14th November 2014), justntime2learn (13th November 2014), kirolak (14th November 2014), Kryztian (13th November 2014), Matt P (13th November 2014), Maunagarjana (14th November 2014), mountain_jim (14th November 2014), NancyV (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), nicktobias7 (14th November 2014), Omni (14th November 2014), PurpleLama (13th November 2014), Pweeky (14th November 2014), Richard S. (14th November 2014), risveglio (14th November 2014), RunningDeer (13th July 2015), sandy (13th November 2014), seko (14th November 2014), Shane (14th November 2014), Sophocles (14th November 2014), Spiral of Light (14th November 2014), the_real_dave-id (13th November 2014), Zionbrion (13th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

Default Re: Substantial debunking articles on Gordon Duff and Veterans Today

The first of the above three links has a link to another "debunking" article on Gordon Duff - that link is Veterans Today’s Gordon Duff and his elite bio (Exposing Faux Capitalism). That article also appears to me, on the surface, to be in touch with reality.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

cursichella1 (14th November 2014), Matt P (13th November 2014), NancyV (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), Richard S. (14th November 2014), sandy (13th November 2014), the_real_dave-id (13th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member Xanth's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok some unknown blogger with an email address of "crikeymail-blog@yahoo.com" and next to no links on google posts some stuff ... and I need to read it because?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xanth For This Post:

avid (15th November 2014), David Ansible (14th November 2014), Jude2016 (14th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

I think this guy is onto something...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (14th November 2014), Aspen (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), sandy (13th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

When and if the debunking points are posted and debated then this post might be worth spending time on. There is enough negative stuff floating on the internet distracting from the truth. Might check in later for facts.

Peace!
    Perceive beyond the box!

" A warm handshake and a smile will lift more people than any elevator in the world. " - L. Hamel

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

David Ansible (14th November 2014), Jude2016 (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

This is another interesting take on disclosure written by this man. http://redefininggod.com/category/extraterrestrials/
    Last edited by Zionbrion; 13th November 2014 at 22:44.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by spiritguide (here)
    When and if the debunking points are posted and debated then this post might be worth spending time on. There is enough negative stuff floating on the internet distracting from the truth. Might check in later for facts.

Peace!
    I do not view it as negative, it is another seeker seeking deep for the truth. Of course there is all kinds of information distracting from the truth, and in part thats what this blogger is trying to point out. Gordon Duff admits himself that 40% of what he writes on VT is purpousfully false, other wise he wouldn't be alive, is his reasoning. I wish I had a computer Id bullet list the facts, but I just have a tablet and its hard to create such things.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Aspen (14th November 2014), ceetee9 (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), Omni (14th November 2014), sandy (13th November 2014), sunflower (14th November 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

These posts about gordon duff immediately reminded me this recent episode:

VT issues first Ebola warning (VeteransToday.com website is now down)

The narrative 'leo wanta' is really very strange.

The blogger Ken makes some strong arguments in their related articles above.

I'll take a good look at his stuff because there seems to be some other interesting articles.
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 14th November 2014 at 01:42.

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Thanks Paul,

Just spend some time having a look at all the links and let me say............I often think that this whole alternatives theme could all be just another turn in the social programming of the masses, along with all the other antics we are and have been programmed by thoughout the milennia.

I'm big believer in personal reponsibility in all realms of my Being and thus find none of the projected propaganda acceptable in the management of Mother Earth, and all her creatures. She will prevail, with us or without us and my guess is it will be without us and our games of power and control in the long run>>>
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (14th November 2014), ceetee9 (14th November 2014), Ernie Nemeth (14th November 2014), Finefeather (14th November 2014), Gardener (14th November 2014), gripreaper (15th November 2014), kirolak (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), Pam (14th November 2014), seko (14th November 2014), Snookie (14th November 2014), TargeT (13th November 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Thanks for sharing, Paul, I read VT. I agree with RedefiningGod, it's shady. Disappointing.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Aspen (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), TargeT (13th November 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I'm not sure what to make of the following three articles yet, in part because I have not read this blogger before.

However these three articles purport to uncover a number of discrepancies and overblown claims in the reporting of Gordon Duff and of his Veterans Today website.
    I will confess to being prone to substantial skepticism, myself, regarding the story of Leo Wanta, so I share the skepticism evident in the second article above.

My initial skimming of the other two articles led me to think that these articles might be reasonably accurate in their reporting, though I have not verified anything independently myself.
    I don't even have to read them to intuitively agree with them, Duff reeks of either controlled opposition or something "else" off... his stories are at times very fantastical and he blindly supports the figure head Obama.

It just doesn't "read true" to me, or not "true enough" anyway.

I categorize him in the same camp as Prison Planet / InfoWars.... with out a "release valve" the population might truly be dangerous...

Quote Posted by Zionbrion (here)
    Gordon Duff admits himself that 40% of what he writes on VT is purpousfully false, other wise he wouldn't be alive, is his reasoning.
    to me this always seemed like the WORST of cop-outs. Pathetic, Dangerous and basically the exact definition of "disinfo agent".

I would never do this, I DO NOT do this and never would I stoop so low.
    Last edited by TargeT; 13th November 2014 at 23:56.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (14th November 2014), Aspen (14th November 2014), bodhii71 (14th November 2014), ceetee9 (14th November 2014), Ernie Nemeth (14th November 2014), Gardener (14th November 2014), kirolak (14th November 2014), NancyV (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), Phoenix1304 (14th November 2014), risveglio (14th November 2014), Shane (14th November 2014), Snookie (14th November 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,964 times in 3,473 posts

Kerry Cassidy has said of Duff on the Mike Harris show that he is CIA which wouldn't surprise me. His resume is exactly what a NSA/CIA employee would look for in an asset.

One of the stories that Duff broke two years ago was that there was a major international military operation at an undersea Reptillian base in the Pacific, hundred of miles west of San Francisco. After about three months, that story vanished - hard to believe that if there was any truth in such a story that we would not have lingering reports in the conspiracy community two years later. Ever since that time, I have taken everything Uncle Gordy says with a big grain of salt.

UFO War: Chinese and US Navy off San Francisco
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/09/17/ufo-war-chinese-and-us-navy-off-san-francisco/

Kerry Cassidy also says of many of her interviewees, that many of them do not always tell the truth. What they say is a mixture of the two, and we have to use our discerning minds to figure out what is really happening. In that spirit, I still do listen to Duff now and then. Exactly who's agenda he is carrying out, I don't know, but you are either learning about the truth, or you are learning about what the people that lie want you to think.

One thing I will say in Uncle Gordy's favor: he is a fast talker and quick witted. People like that, if they are intentionally lying, do tend to contradict themselves as they weave their web of deceit. I have yet to catch him doing that - if he is intentionally lying, he keeps that to a few basic untruths.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Aspen (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th November 2014), Snookie (14th November 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)

I don't even have to read them to intuitively agree with them, Duff reeks of either controlled opposition or something "else" off... his stories are at times very fantastical and he blindly supports the figure head Obama.

It just doesn't "read true" to me, or not "true enough" anyway.

I categorize him in the same camp as Prison Planet / InfoWars.... with out a "release valve" the population might truly be dangerous...

Quote Posted by Zionbrion (here)
    Gordon Duff admits himself that 40% of what he writes on VT is purpousfully false, other wise he wouldn't be alive, is his reasoning.
    to me this always seemed like the WORST of cop-outs. Pathetic, Dangerous and basically the exact definition of "disinfo agent".

I would never do this, I DO NOT do this and never would I stoop so low.
    Yeah, without VT the population might truly be dangerous. Are you kidding?
    You would never "do this" or "stoop so low." Since when have you had the kind of information that could get you killed? How the hell do you know what you'd do?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to David Ansible For This Post:

Jude2016 (14th November 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

man, I just looked at one of the articles - the one talking about Duff being a 100% disabled vet.
    Total hit piece, absolutely ridiculous. Oh, he modified his bio a few times. Big deal. And you do not have to be incapable of work to be a 100% disabled vet. The guy who wrote this is a joke.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Kerry Cassidy has said of Duff on the Mike Harris show that he is CIA which wouldn't surprise me. His resume is exactly what a NSA/CIA employee would look for in an asset.

One of the stories that Duff broke two years ago was that there was a major international military operation at an undersea Reptillian base in the Pacific, hundred of miles west of San Francisco. After about three months, that story vanished - hard to believe that if there was any truth in such a story that we would not have lingering reports in the conspiracy community two years later. Ever since that time, I have taken everything Uncle Gordy says with a big grain of salt.

UFO War: Chinese and US Navy off San Francisco
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/09/17/ufo-war-chinese-and-us-navy-off-san-francisco/

Kerry Cassidy also says of many of her interviewees, that many of them do not always tell the truth. What they say is a mixture of the two, and we have to use our discerning minds to figure out what is really happening. In that spirit, I still do listen to Duff now and then. Exactly who's agenda he is carrying out, I don't know, but you are either learning about the truth, or you are learning about what the people that lie want you to think.

One thing I will say in Uncle Gordy's favor: he is a fast talker and quick witted. People like that, if they are intentionally lying, do tend to contradict themselves as they weave their web of deceit. I have yet to catch him doing that - if he is intentionally lying, he keeps that to a few basic untruths.
    Of course Duff is/was CIA. He has admitted as much himself.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to David Ansible For This Post:

Aspen (14th November 2014), avid (15th November 2014), idiit (20th April 2015), jake gittes (14th November 2014), Jude2016 (14th November 2014)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Same can be said of any alternative media out there , and ALL MSM ,we just have to separate the wheat from the chaff

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

donk (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (14th November 2014)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I am a fairly regular reader of VT, often for the entertainment value more than anything. Part of the entertainment factor is trying to discern the truth from the mis- or dis-info. I think of it as like reading a Hunter S. Thompson novel. There are some brilliant grains of truth in there, along with some steaming piles of B.S., and it is often not clear which is which. The challenge of finding that out may be why I enjoy reading them both.
    VT does breach many topics you won't find written about in many other places, but I would never consider them as a primary source. If I do find something there that piques my interest, I will try to confirm (at least in part) what I read there with other sources, if possible. A lot of what is written there are also opinion pieces, and while they may be based at least in part on factual information, the conclusions drawn are often a bit of a stretch. There is also more than a little bit of self promotion going on there, but when someone has a platform to freely say whatever the hell they want, that is more often the case than not.

As always, read what you want, take it all with a liberal amount of (sea) salt, and make up your own mind.

Griff

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Griff For This Post:

Aspen (14th November 2014), ceetee9 (14th November 2014), jjjones (14th November 2014), mountain_jim (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (14th November 2014), Omni (14th November 2014), Snookie (14th November 2014), TelosianEmbrace (16th November 2014)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,347 times in 8,672 posts

I can appreciate the Hunter S. Thompson reference concerning Truth mixed in with creatively rendered other-stuff. Another example in my view was Robert Anton Wilson's (with Robert Shea) Illuminatus Trilogy, details of which I thought were made up the first time I read it and later discovered were weird but had a factual basis. Trying to figure out the fact from fiction stimulated my consciousness in interesting expansive ways.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Griff (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (14th November 2014), PurpleLama (14th November 2014)

34. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Gordan Duff to me was always more of "consider this" as opposed to "Here it is!" type of info anyway .. so nothing changes for me with this ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

avid (15th November 2014), Griff (15th November 2014), Innocent Warrior (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (14th November 2014), TargeT (14th November 2014)

36. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Retired Member KaiLee's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought everyone knew VT was a disinformation racket. Always wondered why ppl here took VT articles so seriously. Like any good propaganda, sprinkle truth with lies and let them eat cake.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KaiLee For This Post:

gripreaper (15th November 2014), NancyV (14th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (14th November 2014)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Thanks for posting this. I'll look over it in more detail later but it doesn't surprise me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast