+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War addict Barack Obama extends Afghanistan war for another year

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Default War addict Barack Obama extends Afghanistan war for another year

Perhaps the President could outline his achievements in Libya, Iraq, Syria as well as Afghanistan and make the case for continued US involvement in this country. Tragically, nonsensically, the opposition in the US seems to get angry when such operations are brought to an end, so I suspect there will be no dissent on this outrageous extension.

Quote Barack Obama has extended the combat role for US troops in Afghanistan for another year, in a classified order he signed in recent weeks, the New York Times reports.

Previously, the president had said US-led NATO combat operations would finish at the end of this year.

The NATO follow up mission, to take over on January 1 with 9,800 US troops and about 3,000 soldiers from Germany, Italy and other member nations, was to focus on supporting Afghan forces as they take on the Taliban, in parallel with US counter-terrorism operations.

But in a strategic shift, the New York Times said, Mr Obama signed an order authorising US troops through 2015 to carry out missions against militant groups, including the Taliban, that threaten them or the Afghan government.

The new order also allows for air support - from US jets, bombers and drones - for Afghan combat missions.

The newspaper said civilian advisors argued against the broader mission for 2015, objecting to putting American lives in danger in the fight against the Taliban and recommending a narrower, counter-terrorism focus against Al Qaeda.

"There was a school of thought that wanted the mission to be very limited, focused solely on Al Qaeda," one American official told the paper.

But, the official said, "the military pretty much got what it wanted."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-2...report/5911728

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Gaia (23rd November 2014), ghostrider (22nd November 2014), justntime2learn (22nd November 2014), Nasu (22nd November 2014), sigma6 (22nd November 2014), ZooLife (22nd November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: War addict Barack Obama extends Afghanistan war for another year

Is it really Obama though? He is but a front for the real power structure, a topic oft touched upon on this forum with a lot of mystery and speculation. It goes up to the big power names such as Rockefeller & Rothschild along with the conglomerate of corporations who are all interconnected and own and operate the societal structures internationally and globally. After that, it get's a lot more mysterious but basically nothing is verifiable by fact.

The fabricated "war on terror" serves the multi-purpose agenda of these people, allowing them to pursue their foreign agenda matters overseas and around the world, all the while stripping liberties and systematically altering other governments such as the US who pose themselves off as a democracy. In other words, it knocks off and disregards the barriers once instilled to protect against tyranny. Not that they actually abide to them anyhow, but the eventuality of their plans leads to all this being out in the open and that they no longer have to operate in the shadows.

I'm rambling, however... I'm sure most people here are well familiar with these developments. I guess my point is the "war on terror" is endless, and the US with it's military being used as it's pawn, will always be sending troops to another region riling up conflicts all the while we're supposedly pulling out of another is tremendously delayed. Obama is just an illusion that the people of the US have an actual say into what occurs in this country and that we're doing all this in the name of FREEDOM! Woooo

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueMuffin For This Post:

alh02 (24th November 2014), Nasu (22nd November 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (23rd November 2014), Tesseract (22nd November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

There's an ancient Roman dictum - when there is trouble in the senate, rattle the sabers abroad... Seems even if we do study history, we are doomed to repeat it... N

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

alh02 (24th November 2014), Gaia (23rd November 2014), ghostrider (23rd November 2014), NancyV (23rd November 2014), Operator (23rd November 2014), Pam (23rd November 2014), sandpainter (23rd November 2014), Tesseract (22nd November 2014), ZooLife (22nd November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Maybe it is going to take another year of fear mongering to get WWW111 off the ground thus have to keep the War machine and economy intact!!
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Gaia (23rd November 2014), Nasu (23rd November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

War addict? Mr Obama didn't start either war. His predecessor did and with Iraq succeeded in destabilising the whole region, with the repercussions we now see. Republican hawks have slated Obama for pulling out of Iraq. Can't have it all ways.

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    There's an ancient Roman dictum - when there is trouble in the senate, rattle the sabers abroad... Seems even if we do study history, we are doomed to repeat it... N
    Nail has been hit on the head ... that's exactly what the controllers want , the Roman Empire brought back ... one world -leader, religion , economy, army ... at one time one third of the Earth was under the rule of Rome ... Ever seen a time when so much happens DAILY a person cannot track it all ??? The Elite are in overdrive , please fasten seat belts , return trays to the upright position , turbulence expected ... I love flying ... Has War in Afghanistan since 1990 changed anything ??? just curious, oh that's right , here in America we have more laws and less freedom ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Gaia (23rd November 2014), Nasu (23rd November 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

The U.S. continues to frame its purpose in Afghanistan as part of a fight against terrorism. U.S. policy pronouncements continue to conflate al Qaeda with the Taliban, even though the Taliban rejects al Qaeda as being as foreign as Americans. Even in 2001, the training bases in Afghanistan were established and run by Saudis.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Nasu (25th November 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Mini Flash's Avatar
    Thanks

I plainly think that the opium poppies plantations are not yet completely under US control (meaning US cabal) and therefore the US military has to remain there for a while in order to protect the poppies market and enhance its growth. It could be that basic.

I just realised i posted with my dauhgter's name here. I stole her computer, mine is not working.

So it is Flash writing here.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Flash For This Post:

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

War addict? I think so. Tried to keep troops in Iraq, extends operation in Afghanistan, bombs Libya for 6 months, Drone wars over numerous countries. The man is a war addict.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread