+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Electric anomaly in night sky.....help needed please.

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member loveoneanother's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Electric anomaly in night sky.....help needed please.

Hi guys

One evening in September of this year (2014), i was fishing on my local beach when i happened to look to the east and i noticed some strange lights in the sky.

At first, i thought it was just normal lightning but as i continued to watch, it became apparent it was something more than that.

The lights seemed to have a life of their own and just kept going, almost non-stop, for what seemed like a very long time. Even stranger was the fact there was no noise like one might expect to hear.

By a strange quirk of fate, someone had left me a camcorder that they didn't need any more and i had this with me at the time. I had been practicing using the camcorder by filming some of my previous fishing sessions and i was intending to do the same on this particular evening.

What i'm hoping is that someone can take a look at the film footage and hopefully explain to me the mechanics of what i saw and how it's possible for that much light to be constantly manifested in the atmosphere without any sound ?

I expect this a common phenomenon in other parts of the world but in all my time as a fisherman living on the south coast of England in the UK, i have never experienced anything like that event before. (Is it an indicator of change in the electro-magnetic field or something along those lines.....i simply don't know ?).

If anyone can point me in the right direction to understand this event further it would be much appreciated. There are also a couple of links that i put in the comment section of the video which might help with any explanations. One link is to the local newspaper coverage of the event and the other link is to some other film footage that someone else took of the same event but from a different location.

Thank you very much for any help you can give and my apologies for the quality of the footage i took and the possible strain on the eyes (and brain ).

Here's the video.....cheers.....William

Last edited by loveoneanother; 23rd November 2014 at 12:45.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to loveoneanother For This Post:

Ahnung-quay (24th November 2014), Atlas (23rd November 2014), betoobig (23rd November 2014), Fellow Aspirant (23rd November 2014), ghostrider (23rd November 2014), Ivanhoe (10th December 2014), justntime2learn (23rd November 2014), ktlight (4th December 2014), NancyV (23rd November 2014), naste.de.lumina (23rd November 2014), observer (27th November 2014), panpravda (23rd November 2014), Spiral of Light (23rd November 2014), Sunny-side-up (23rd November 2014), Violet (10th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Default Re: Electric anomaly in night sky.....help needed please.

It is a natural phenomenon:

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

ghostrider (23rd November 2014), Ivanhoe (10th December 2014), Lifebringer (24th November 2014), loveoneanother (24th November 2014), Michael Moewes (23rd November 2014), naste.de.lumina (23rd November 2014), Sunny-side-up (23rd November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

It's just lightning. With a storm more than a few miles away, and the wind in a particular direction, you often hear nothing. Your video suggests the storm is at least five mile away, and with a clear horizon with no cloud between you and the storm, you get what you videoed. Nice catch.

The link you posted with your video confirms all this...

Nick

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

animovado (24th November 2014), Atlas (23rd November 2014), ghostrider (23rd November 2014), justntime2learn (23rd November 2014), loveoneanother (24th November 2014), Spiral of Light (23rd November 2014), Sunny-side-up (23rd November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

In the south we call it heat lighting , it jumps around in the sky , and doesn't make any noise . I see it also in upstate NY around FT. Drum ... that area has some beautiful storms, completely different from down here in the south ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Atlas (23rd November 2014), justntime2learn (23rd November 2014), lelmaleh (23rd November 2014), loveoneanother (24th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (23rd November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Gatita's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks very much like the light shows we get along the front range between Denver and Colorado Springs in the summer. My daughter and I used to have conversations consisting mostly of "did you see that one?" As one looks east from Interstate 25 out across the plains, it's very easy to catch a show like that at night. They're much nicer at a distance. I drove through one in the Texas panhandle in 1988. The lightning lit things up like daylight in the dark.

Cat

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gatita For This Post:

Atlas (23rd November 2014), ghostrider (23rd November 2014), loveoneanother (24th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Hi loveoneanother, well caught bit of filming there

I notice that the flashes and pulses of light repeatedly occur in/from the same points, very interesting!

I witnessed something very similar. I was walking my dog's about 21:30 in a grim, heavy drizzle rain. The cloud was very low around 500/1000 foot above me (Well it was so low I was vertically walking in the cloud)

When directly above my a very strong, bright point of flickering light started to manifest. It got brighter and brighter then blinked out, this happened over and over again like the cloud was trying to ignite! Each time it blinked out it would leave lesser intense colored light around the edges of the cloud (the whole sky was one gray cloud, only when lighted up I could make outer edge details) at times more than one intense light point! No sounds at all!

I have a also seen in the past a strange type of contained lightening, from a distance it looked like the shield from the film "War of the worlds" this was just one little area of lightening, no sounds again!

PS: hi Atlas I have seen the documentary about that area of recurring storm's, very impressive but I don't think it's the same thing happening in loveoneanother's vid or my experience's, also to say it's natural well! whats natural ?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Atlas (23rd November 2014), ghostrider (23rd November 2014), ktlight (4th December 2014), loveoneanother (24th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Honored, Retired Member. panpravda passed in July 2021..
    Language
    English
    Thanks

loveoneanother: It's true for sure that, so far, "not fully explainable" electrical phenomena do manifest within our atmosphere, from ground level to the highest reaches of the ionosphere; elves, sprites and blue jets come to mind, not to mention ball lightning and other, apparently plasma related mysteries. Various explanations have been put forward, but none of these seem to be based on a full understanding of what is actually going on. Some of them however are better than others.

For instance, our typical "official" weather forecasters base ALL of their predictions on their understanding of three fundamental aspects of our biosphere; temperature, pressure, and humidity. Everything they explain and tell us is going to happen in terms of our weather, is based on the interrelationships between these three things. This, in my opinion, and in the opinion of a rapidly growing number of others is embarrassingly short sighted, for this practice does not look beyond the ionosphere to consider what is going on in space. This reference to "standard meteorology" is my example of a likely fruitless area for researching what is going on with what you have observed.

On the other hand, there is a far more credible area of research being pursued these days, one that could well be key to many of our science and space-related puzzles, and one which, in my opinion will likely provide at least some solid clues to pursue for the answers you seek. Here, I recommend the work of plasma scientists and physicists whom, in growing numbers are now turning their attention to the electromagnetic force and its relationship with matter, especially matter that is in the plasma state. Plasma, as it happens, exists everywhere in space, this being matter which, through the process of ionisation [essentially the removal of electrons], has been endowed with some level of electrical charge; this charge being differentiated by the forms and amounts of matter involved. The appropriate example in your case being the electric charge differentials that will have been established between our upper atmosphere (the ionosphere) and solid ground (the lithosphere), and most importantly, between the ionosphere and the sparse "plasma atmosphere" of the solar system, this being the heliosphere; the vast area within which the so-called "solar wind" is active and which stretches out to the heliopause.

If you would like to understand more about how our weather patterns and geologic events are actually instigated and influenced, then to begin with, I suggest you investigate these two sources:

Ben Davidson at www.Suspicious0bserv­ers.org
    and
    Piers Corbyn at www.weatheraction.com

And, if you would like to look further into what the electromagnetic force and plasma have to do with pretty much everything that is already out there and the events that happen in space -- as opposed to the gravity-related explanations we have been given -- then I suggest you look at the the work of following people and groups:

Wallace Thornhill is the lead scientist of the Electric Universe model www.holoscience.com There are many highly informative and easy to read articles on his website.

The Thunderbolts Project at www.thunderbolts.info Follow the forum and look at other things here to get a flavour of what is being discussed in terms of the Electric Universe model and its theories. One of the latest and most interesting subjects being the current puzzlement of NASA and ESA scientists regarding what they have already observed and are now finding in the data returned by the Rosetta mission to comet 67P. In summary; comets are not dirty snowballs; they are in fact electrically charged rocks!

And, for a comprehensive and easy to read beginners introduction to the Electric Universe model (highly recommended) you can pick up Tom Findlay's free, copiously illustrated book at www.newtoeu.com

Sorry that I can't provide solid suggestions regarding what you observed and video taped; all I can do is empathise with your sense of wonder and assure you that this particular journey of discovery is very likely to have an electrical answer that arises from our "plasma universe" being ruled by the electromagnetic force rather than by gravity.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panpravda For This Post:

loveoneanother (24th November 2014), NancyV (23rd November 2014), Sunny-side-up (23rd November 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Ever consider this , the thought/thinking patterns of Earth humans goes out like giant waves in the ocean , they reach out into the cosmos ... these waves influence nature , the Earth , the climate ... the reason some areas are effected by storms in the same places over and over , is the thinking patterns of the human beings living at that location are the same ... same thoughts=same results ... mankind needs to get this , if we are going to make headway ... the way you think can effect your health , the atmosphere in the room ( a downer or negative person enters the room, everyone feels the tension immediately )the mood changes ... A positive person enters , likewise , immediately the mood changes ... the only change in reality , is the way you are thinking at that moment ... thoughts create waves , waves are felt , they can knock you over or be soothing ...hint I have never seen a tornado rip up the rain forest , or a sinkhole swallow a monks' temple , or an earthquake destroy natures garden , it's usually coastal overcrowded cities ... I have seen lightning strike the Vatican...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Limor Wolf (23rd November 2014), loveoneanother (24th November 2014), Michael Moewes (23rd November 2014), Spiral of Light (23rd November 2014), Sunny-side-up (23rd November 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

I've seen this kind of lightnings all over europe while traveling and this for over 30 years. they never have sound, as it all happens very far up. the sound of the lightnig actually is only heard when it strikes ground. the flash by it's own is noiseless. and most of the time "usual" lightnig goes upwards to the clouds.
    Live healthy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

loveoneanother (24th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

To clarify some possible confusion about lightning:

Apart from ball lightning, and St Elmo's fire (neither of which are considered to be true lightening by some, but which match the descriptions in a few previous posts), all lightning is an explosive electrical discharge in air. As such this 'explosion' will create a great deal of noise. It matters not whether the lighting is inter-cloud or cloud to ground, or hidden by clouds, trees, smoke or angels. It makes a very loud noise!

It's an explosion in air,; how could it not make a noise? The point is that sometimes it is visible, but too far away or too high to be audible. The path of the sound may also be steered by temperature inversions or wind, so it could be 'silent' from your observation point. But anyone close enough will hear it.

So-called sheet lightning (sometimes called heat lightning) is just lightning obscured by cloud, so all you see is a broad, wide flash, not a defined, jagged discharge. It often occurs within clouds where the light becomes scattered and diffused.

Newly investigated lightning-related phenomena like 'sprites', 'elves' and 'blue jets' appear to manifest in the ionosphere, so will not be heard from the ground. Nevertheless, the lighting that caused them would be audible if you were near the discharge that triggered them.

Nick

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Ahnung-quay (24th November 2014), loveoneanother (24th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

I had an experience like this about twenty-five years ago in the winter. It was about 20 degrees F. There were low, heavy clouds and the lights just kept flashing all around above me in the clouds. No sound. I stayed out for about half an hour and just kept looking and wondering what it was. I would have stayed out longer but, I got cold.

I haven't seen anything like it since. I've seen distant lightening with no apparent sound but, only during warmer weather. Thanks for sharing.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

loveoneanother (24th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Thank you for the replies.....it's much appreciated

I may be getting unnecessarily anal about what i experienced but i still feel there is more i need to understand regarding the actual 'mechanics' of what i saw.

When i was filming the electric storm, it came to my mind at the time, that what i was 'seeing' was some sort of live cable or wire that was lighting up or switching on and off in a particular part of the atmosphere.

With a weakened heliosphere and a weakened magnetosphere, is it possible that cosmic rays can now penetrate the atmosphere in greater densities and connect with something like a 'charged' cloud (positive and negative) and effectively light up, with the 'pulsing' being due to the proximity of excess electrons feeding into the area from the ionosphere ?

I have absolutely no idea what i just said there but hopefully someone gets the gist of what i'm asking !

Here are a couple of extracts from wikipedia about cosmic rays which i thought were interesting.

Thanks

Cosmic Rays
    Cosmic rays are immensely high-energy radiation, mainly originating outside the Solar System. They may produce showers of secondary particles that penetrate and impact the Earth's atmosphere and sometimes even reach the surface. Composed primarily of high-energy protons and atomic nuclei, they are of mysterious origin. Data from the Fermi space telescope (2013) have been interpreted as evidence that a significant fraction of primary cosmic rays originate from the supernovae of massive stars. However, this is not thought to be their only source. Active galactic nuclei probably also produce cosmic rays.

Secondary Cosmic Rays
    When cosmic rays enter the Earth's atmosphere they collide with molecules, mainly oxygen and nitrogen. The interaction produces a cascade of lighter particles, a so-called air shower secondary radiation that rains down, including x-rays, muons, protons, alpha particles, pions, electrons, and neutrons. All of the produced particles stay within about one degree of the primary particle's path.

Cosmic Ray Flux
    The flux of incoming cosmic rays at the upper atmosphere is dependent on the solar wind, the Earth's magnetic field, and the energy of the cosmic rays. At distances of ~94 AU from the Sun, the solar wind undergoes a transition, called the termination shock, from supersonic to subsonic speeds. The region between the termination shock and the heliopause acts as a barrier to cosmic rays, decreasing the flux at lower energies (≤ 1 GeV) by about 90%. However, the strength of the solar wind is not constant, and hence it has been observed that cosmic ray flux is correlated with solar activity.
    In addition, the Earth's magnetic field acts to deflect cosmic rays from its surface, giving rise to the observation that the flux is apparently dependent on latitude,longitude, and azimuth angle. The magnetic field lines deflect the cosmic rays towards the poles, giving rise to the aurorae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_ray
    Last edited by loveoneanother; 27th November 2014 at 01:03.

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Hi.....i thought the following article was interesting and might help explain some of the unusual lights in the atmosphere that some of us have experienced

Quote Sun's rotating 'magnet' pulls lightning towards UK.

The Sun may be playing a part in the generation of lightning strikes on Earth by temporarily 'bending' the Earth's magnetic field and allowing a shower of energetic particles to enter the upper atmosphere.

This is according to researchers at the University of Reading who have found that over a five year period the UK experienced around 50% more lightning strikes when the Earth's magnetic field was skewed by the Sun's own magnetic field.

The Earth's magnetic field usually functions as an in-built force-field to shield against a bombardment of particles from space, known as galactic cosmic rays, which have previously been found to prompt a chain-reaction of events in thunderclouds that trigger lightning bolts.

It is hoped these new insights, which have been published today, 19 November, in IOP Publishing's journal Environmental Research Letters, could lead to a reliable lightning forecast system that could provide warnings of hazardous events many weeks in advance.

To do so, weather forecasters would need to combine conventional forecasts with accurate predictions of the Sun's spiral-shaped magnetic field known as the heliospheric magnetic field (HMF), which is spewed out as the Sun rotates and is dragged through the solar system by the solar wind.

Lead author of the research Dr Matt Owens said: "We've discovered that the Sun's powerful magnetic field is having a big influence on UK lightning rates.
    "The Sun's magnetic field is like a bar magnet, so as the Sun rotates its magnetic field alternately points toward and away from the Earth, pulling the Earth's own magnetic field one way and then another."

In their study, the researchers used satellite and Met Office data to show that between 2001 and 2006, the UK experienced a 50% increase in thunderstorms when the HMF pointed towards the Sun and away from Earth.

This change of direction can skew or 'bend' the Earth's own magnetic field and the researchers believe that this could expose some regions of the upper atmosphere to more galactic cosmic rays--tiny particles from across the Universe accelerated to close to the speed of light by exploding stars.

"From our results, we propose that galactic cosmic rays are channelled to different locations around the globe, which can trigger lightning in already charged-up thunderclouds. The changes to our magnetic field could also make thunderstorms more likely by acting like an extra battery in the atmospheric electric circuit, helping to further 'charge up' clouds," Dr Owens continued.

The results build on a previous study by University of Reading researchers, also published in Environmental Research Letters, which found an unexpected link between energetic particles from the Sun and lightning rates on Earth.

Professor Giles Harrison, head of Reading's Department of Meteorology and co-author of both studies, said: "This latest finding is an important step forward in our knowledge of how the weather on Earth is influenced by what goes on in space. The University of Reading's continuing success in this area shows that new insights follow from atmospheric and space scientists working together."

Dr Owens continued: "Scientists have been reliably predicting the solar magnetic field polarity since the 1970s by watching the surface of the Sun. We just never knew it had any implications on the weather on Earth. We now plan to combine regular weather forecasts, which predict when and where thunderclouds will form, with solar magnetic field predictions. This means a reliable lightning forecast could now be a genuine possibility."
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1119204849.htm

It might be an over-reaction on my part but i was so excited with finding the above research paper that i sent the lead researcher, Dr.Owens, an e.mail about my experience, along with a link to my 'Electric Storm' video to hopefully get an opinion from him regarding what i saw
    Last edited by loveoneanother; 27th November 2014 at 01:05.

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

loveoneanother: I think what also might help you is to consider the earth's relationship with the heliosphere as a "capacitor type" relationship, as described here:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/20...apacitator.htm

And here's another article along the same vein that may be of interest, in terms of its thoughts about electric charge in the ionosphere and the effect of that on our weather:

http://www.holoscience.com/wp/electric-weather/

Hope this helps ...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panpravda For This Post:

loveoneanother (27th November 2014), observer (27th November 2014)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by panpravda (here)
    loveoneanother: I think what also might help you is to consider the earth's relationship with the heliosphere as a "capacitor type" relationship, as described here:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/20...apacitator.htm

And here's another article along the same vein that may be of interest, in terms of its thoughts about electric charge in the ionosphere and the effect of that on our weather:

http://www.holoscience.com/wp/electric-weather/

Hope this helps ...
    Thank you for your interest and the links panpravda......it is much appreciated

In my previous post, i mentioned that i sent an e.mail to the lead researcher of the research paper i came across on the iopScience website. Well joy of joys, i've received a reply.

It was a very brief reply considering i did request further help to look into the 'electric storm' event i witnessed but i guess i should be grateful i was sent any reply at all.

This was the reply :

Quote Hi Billy,

Many thanks for your interest and the video. I just had a look at the spacecraft data (attached) and the heliospheric magnetic field was indeed pointed towards the Sun throughout Sept 18-20 this year. The important panel is labelled "Long Ang of B," which is ~315 degrees when "Toward" and ~135 degrees when "Away."

Best regards, Matt.

I didn't even know there was data graphs available showing the direction of the heliospheric magnetic field ? What do you (or anyone else) make of it ? What is each graph measuring because i have no idea ? How does the heliospheric magnetic field get to point towards the Sun ? Questions questions.....lots of lovely questions !

If you (or anyone else) knows which spacecraft is measuring the heliospheric magnetic field, could you let me know please or maybe provide a link to the data graphs. That would be really helpful.

Thank you
    Last edited by loveoneanother; 27th November 2014 at 00:10.

28. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

loveoneanother: Again, my friend, what I think might help you here is to look closely at the work of people who are in full command of what they talk about. In this respect, I once more recommend Ben Davidson at Suspicious Observers. Here below is his website and a beginner's video play-list on his YouTube channel (the Sun Series); this being an excellent set of video tutorials about what the sun's behaviour is all about, and the space weather related "tools" that are available, where to find them, how to use them, and how to interpret the data they offer. A word of caution; arm yourself well before talking to anyone in mainstream science.

YT - Sun Series videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...z7Bggso7qg2PDj

Cheers ...

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panpravda For This Post:

loveoneanother (9th December 2014), observer (27th November 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Hello loveoneanother,

To clearly understand what you observed one must take a course in Plasma Physics.

Perhaps the best Plasma Physics Class 101 is this one hour video, "Thunderbolts of the Gods". It is not mandatory one listen to the video, but by doing so, one will have a much better understanding of where we are actually dwelling.

A shortened version of how our sun plays an important part in what you observed can be understood by watching this short video:

Our Electric Sun and Its Environment -

More can be discovered by linking to The Thunderbolts Project YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ThunderboltsProject

31. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi,

Here in Finland we call that type of lightning as live lightning. I don't know where the name comes, but main thing with them is, that they are relatively far away and no sound is heard from them.

Bit of offtopic:
    I have been following EU theory for nearrly 10 years now, and I truly believe that that theory is a lot closer to the truth than our current gravity alone theory of the Universe.
    In my oppinion it is quit obvious from observation made by mainstream scientists. EU theory predicts a lot of those observations that gravity alone scientists find puzzling, surprising or baffling. You can read all the time that our current theorys don't match what is being observed in space.

Edit: Here is the latest spooky thing that EU theory has predicted to be the case for a long time already.
    http://www.astronomy.com/news/2014/1...of-light-years
    Last edited by McMaster; 2nd December 2014 at 05:24.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to McMaster For This Post:

loveoneanother (9th December 2014)

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by panpravda (here)
    loveoneanother:
    Quote Posted by observer (here)
    Hello loveoneanother,
    Quote Posted by McMaster (here)
    Hi,
    Hi Guys.....i hope you don't mind me calling you back to this thread via the Quote Notification system

I am on the horns of a dilemma regarding the Electric Universe theory and i was wondering whether you think it is possible that the energy that powers the Sun could weaken enough that it stops the Sun from emitting the Light that we use to see by and we are plunged into Darkness ?

I keep my eye on the Sun on a fairly regular basis and i'm sure the coronal holes north and south keep getting bigger ? According to the Primer Field theory, doesn't the energy that powers the Sun get channeled into the north and south poles ?

I came across the following YouTuber a couple of years ago, who i have been 'trying' to follow and this guy seems to have his own unique perspective on what he thinks is happening with the Sun.

This is a brief description of what the video is about if you would like to watch it :

Quote This video draws into focus a unique historic event in astrophysics that intersects with the Great Science Challenge before us on which the future existence of humanity largely depends.
    The video begins with a wide view of what stands behind the solar dynamics, beginning at the galactic level. The focus then narrows gradually to what directly powers the solar corona. Here the historic event comes into view that presents evidence of the ongoing weakening of the solar corona as a part the electrodynamic weakening in the solar system in the larger context that promises an inactive Sun in the 2050s.
    Last edited by loveoneanother; 10th December 2014 at 00:43.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to loveoneanother For This Post:

McMaster (11th December 2014)

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote I am on the horns of a dilemma regarding the Electric Universe theory and i was wondering whether you think it is possible that the energy that powers the Sun could weaken enough that it stops the Sun from emitting the Light that we use to see by and we are plunged into Darkness ?
    Our sun is a very average star. There are billions of similar stars in our galaxy. Astronomers have lots of tools to watch stars to check for any variability and their sudden death in a supernova.

To my knowledge no astronomers have ever recorded a star suddenly just 'going out' or becoming invisible, so why should the sun?

Nevertheless, if you think it may be possible why not post the question on an astronomy website or forum.

But I don't think I'd lie awake worrying about the possibility... really.

Nick

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Atlas (10th December 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast