+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any gold bugs in the house? PETER SCHIFF: Gold Will Take A Rocketship Higher

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Default Any gold bugs in the house? PETER SCHIFF: Gold Will Take A Rocketship Higher

"You have the choice between owning fiat currency and owning real gold. And I think right now the only thing that’s keeping gold from going ballistic is the false belief that the FED is the lone holdout in this race to the bottom, that the FED is out of the QE business and is going to be raising rates, and when people find out that is wrong and when they find out that we’re going to do more QE than Japan and Europe combined, they’ll realize they’ve jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.” – Peter Schiff, CEO, Euro Pacific Capital

… “Greenspan ought to know how hot the fire is going to get – he lit it!”

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

Buzzie (24th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2014), Krist (24th November 2014), NancyV (24th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (24th November 2014), Snookie (25th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (24th November 2014), Tesseract (24th November 2014), vano915 (24th November 2014), Zanshin (24th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Default Re: Any gold bugs in the house? PETER SCHIFF: Gold Will Take A Rocketship Higher

When everyone and his brother in the "alternative" financial media is telling me that gold is going to go through the roof ... I start doubting.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

bearcow (25th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2014), jerry (3rd December 2014), NancyV (24th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (24th November 2014), TargeT (24th November 2014), Tesseract (24th November 2014), the_real_dave-id (24th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Any gold bugs in the house? PETER SCHIFF: Gold Will Take A Rocketship Higher

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    When everyone and his brother in the "alternative" financial media is telling me that gold is going to go through the roof ... I start doubting.
    And when everyone in the MSM and their affiliates telling me gold is going to tank .... I start doubling

On a more serious note Paul what do you make of Greenspan's flipping comments?

is that not cause for pause?
    Last edited by jerry; 24th November 2014 at 08:32.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (24th November 2014), NancyV (24th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (24th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Quote Posted by jerry (here)
    When Paul Craig Roberts, Alan Greenspan and Peter Schiff are all suggesting to us that gold is the "real money", then clearly, some powerful people want that word out.

But also clearly, when I look around at my friends, family and neighbors in the "real" world, as well as the primary message from Main Stream Media, gold is archaic nonsense, unworthy of a second thought.

Neither of these observations tells me what gold is actually going to be worth ... they just tell me that there is, on the topic of gold as on many topics, multiple conflicting "messages" being dispersed by (at least some of) the bastards in power.

My current best guess (which keeps changing) is that "they" are intending to anoint the "new world monetary system", which will replace the US Dollar, with a "halo of gold", as all dominant monetary systems in Western Civilization have anointed through out recorded history. Eastern Civilizations more often used silver rather than gold, for the same purpose.

Gold is the mark of the King. His crown and his coin are gold.

So the meme that "gold is real money" must be reinserted into Western, especially American, thought.

Presently, the thought leaders are being sold that idea. In a little while, after a major economic depression has "softened up" the masses (fear, hunger, sickness, and homelessness will do that), then the larger population will be "sold" on a new monetary system, which restructures the world monetary system on a new basis, leaving America and Americans poor, in debt and under imposed austerity measures.

The current Federal Reserve system and the failings of the current political system in Washington will be blamed for this, and some larger, world-wide, organizations will be America's "saviour", granting the US the credit line to restructure her immense debt (and imposing austerity conditions.) That new money will be "gold backed" (in some way that's of little meaning in the long run to ordinary people.)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (24th November 2014), jerry (25th November 2014), Krist (24th November 2014), NancyV (24th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (24th November 2014), Snookie (25th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (24th November 2014), TargeT (24th November 2014), toppy (24th November 2014), vano915 (24th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Gold's run up in 2007-2008 was a result of panic buying by many to take advantage of gold as a store of value.

Its subsequent slide is based on tradition economic movements. Slow to zero growth, no inflation and perhaps rigged markets for true price discovery.

Of course this is based on an unrigged market, which is more than likely not the case.

Gold will rise -- as a store of value -- when inflation rears its head. That cannot happen when wages are stifled. You can have price inflation on some goods, but without wages going up, you have to call that austerity, not inflation.

I know Mr. Schiff, nice guy who truly believes what he says. But remember he is not a relation to the Schiff banker family, so it's not like he speaks for the insiders.

As more countries -- EU, Japan and China -- come out with recessionary or slowing economic news, it will keep a ceiling on gold prices.

I personally have roughly 11 percent of my assets in physical gold and as the price falls, I add a little to lower my average costs.

But I don't think there will be an explosion to the upside soon, barring a stream of bank failures, which have happen only very quietly with central banks stepping in.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Alan (25th November 2014), conk (25th November 2014), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2014), Gardener (25th November 2014), jerry (25th November 2014), Krist (24th November 2014), NancyV (24th November 2014), Snookie (25th November 2014), TargeT (24th November 2014), toppy (24th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 times in 466 posts

My attraction to the yellow metal goes beyond financial.
    Anyone with Gold fever would understand. I am not looking forward to the day I might have to sell what I've found.
    My apologies if I've side tracked this thread from Gold as an investment tool. The physical beauty of Gold is astounding (well, is for me anyways).
    If anyone lives near a Gold bearing region, I would suggest to go hunt for some yourself. It will get you outside, offer plenty of exercise and if you find some it will fill you with a memory that won't ever be lost.
    It has been my hobby for over 15 years and has now turned into my primary retirement fund. That is, if I'm able to part with my collection. Everyone of my "nuggets" has a story.
    This one below, for example was found about 15 minutes after a very loud boom was heard overhead that turned out to be the explosion of Spaceship 2.
    So yes, you were looking for "Gold Bugs" in the house. I am definitely one of them, but as I might have alluded it goes beyond the physical to the meta.
    As it turns out however, it has turned into a financial meme. Although it was never intended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	910.2 KB
ID:	28080  

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

jerry (24th November 2014), kevlor (27th November 2014), Krist (24th November 2014), NancyV (24th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Buzzie's Avatar
    Thanks

China is buying all the gold they can get. Russia is a net buyer of gold. Indian citizens buy huge amounts of gold. Germany has attempted to repatriate their gold and failed. The Ukraine's gold was taken to the U.S. for "safe keeping". Libya's gold disappeared with Khadafy. On and on and on. This tells me that gold is extremely desirable and in great demand. There is a limited supply of gold mined each year and with the price as low as it is, many miners can't make reasonable profits and may either curtail or stop production.

The use of gold as a "safe haven" in troubled times aside, does it look like the price of gold will rise or fall?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Buzzie For This Post:

jerry (25th November 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Not so fast. Here's the other side of the coin. I would also encourage you to listen to Joseph Farrell, Katherine Austin Fitts, and Richard Dolan.

"Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

bluestflame (25th November 2014), jerry (25th November 2014), observer (29th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

the-answer-to-this-question-will-change-silver-forever its becoming more apparent that manipulation of the price of gold and silver is undeniable anymore
    http://thewealthwatchman.com/the-ans...ilver-forever/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jerry For This Post:

bluestflame (25th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by jerry (here)
    When Paul Craig Roberts, Alan Greenspan and Peter Schiff are all suggesting to us that gold is the "real money", then clearly, some powerful people want that word out.

But also clearly, when I look around at my friends, family and neighbors in the "real" world, as well as the primary message from Main Stream Media, gold is archaic nonsense, unworthy of a second thought.

Neither of these observations tells me what gold is actually going to be worth ... they just tell me that there is, on the topic of gold as on many topics, multiple conflicting "messages" being dispersed by (at least some of) the bastards in power.

My current best guess (which keeps changing) is that "they" are intending to anoint the "new world monetary system", which will replace the US Dollar, with a "halo of gold", as all dominant monetary systems in Western Civilization have anointed through out recorded history. Eastern Civilizations more often used silver rather than gold, for the same purpose.

Gold is the mark of the King. His crown and his coin are gold.

So the meme that "gold is real money" must be reinserted into Western, especially American, thought.

Presently, the thought leaders are being sold that idea. In a little while, after a major economic depression has "softened up" the masses (fear, hunger, sickness, and homelessness will do that), then the larger population will be "sold" on a new monetary system, which restructures the world monetary system on a new basis, leaving America and Americans poor, in debt and under imposed austerity measures.

The current Federal Reserve system and the failings of the current political system in Washington will be blamed for this, and some larger, world-wide, organizations will be America's "saviour", granting the US the credit line to restructure her immense debt (and imposing austerity conditions.) That new money will be "gold backed" (in some way that's of little meaning in the long run to ordinary people.)
    Austrian economics appeals to me more than the system that we use now. And its seems that all of the financial woes began after we left the gold standard. This is a designed path we are on and the outcome to TPTB is decided

Sorry for not posting a longer response for this discussion but I'm having tech difficulties

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

I earn a part of my income from trading options and in 2013 I made a number of trades on options on precious metal ETFs. I have been a huge bear, made a lot of bearish metals trades (and a few opportunistic bullish ones) in 2013. Stopped trading metals in 2014. Now after a long hiatus I have started again and just closed a successful semi-bull trade on SLV. Incidentally I have no interest in hoarding physical. I think the most violent part of the decline is over, so I am setting up trades that win so long as the price has only a small decline, stays flat or rises by any amount. I do not expect explosive price movement back to 2010 levels, and as Paul alluded to, making investments based on alternative commentary is usually a good way to lose money.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)
    I earn a part of my income from trading options and in 2013 I made a number of trades on options on precious metal ETFs. I have been a huge bear, made a lot of bearish metals trades (and a few opportunistic bullish ones) in 2013. Stopped trading metals in 2014. Now after a long hiatus I have started again and just closed a successful semi-bull trade on SLV. Incidentally I have no interest in hoarding physical. I think the most violent part of the decline is over, so I am setting up trades that win so long as the price has only a small decline, stays flat or rises by any amount. I do not expect explosive price movement back to 2010 levels, and as Paul alluded to, making investments based on alternative commentary is usually a good way to lose money.
    Theres is a lot of talk about gold lately but very little centers on investing

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Jim Willie says were going back to a gold standard with a good argument for it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jerry For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (25th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

Mmm well my little Jiminy Cricket smells a Pinocchio story.......... when everyone feels compelled to swap their notes for physical (it IS all being monitored and watched) then history will be about to repeat itself....

Remember back then in them there olden days......

Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The order criminalized the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

Get ready for the ultimate SNATCH AND GRAB
    Last edited by phillipbbg; 25th November 2014 at 06:32.

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Why it wont happen is in the following reply to phillipbbg
    Last edited by jerry; 25th November 2014 at 16:12.

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I haven't watched the whole video But will get to it soon. I always enjoy Morgan's take on the metals market and Hagmann's spin on things. So it should be educational at the least.
    Last edited by jerry; 25th November 2014 at 16:04.

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by phillipbbg (here)
    Mmm well my little Jiminy Cricket smells a Pinocchio story.......... when everyone feels compelled to swap their notes for physical (it IS all being monitored and watched) then history will be about to repeat itself....

Remember back then in them there olden days......

Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The order criminalized the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

Get ready for the ultimate SNATCH AND GRAB
    Not happening ,it cant ! it would be a futile meaningless attempt. There's nothing left to grab Russia China, India and central bankers have it all.

https://asipmdirect.com/special-repo...e-bullion-gone

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-...zUveyfi9nd6ZlQ

http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/where-all-gold-gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZPHZxiDp4I

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/experts-a...-gold-is-gone/

http://www.theinternationalforecaste...x_for_its_Gold

29. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

i suspect gold will trade up to about $1300 in the coming months, maybe slightly higher, but it wont return to 2010 levels anytime soon. I prefer trading silver anyways because the level of manipulation in that market isn't as severe.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

31. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bearcow (here)
    i suspect gold will trade up to about $1300 in the coming months, maybe slightly higher, but it wont return to 2010 levels anytime soon. I prefer trading silver anyways because the level of manipulation in that market isn't as severe.
    Silver as historical values go has in the past retained a 16 to ratio to gold. And why many see silver currently being undervalued by at least 75 to 80% I'm of the same mindset that silver would be the metal of choice for those looking to retain their wealth or investing for the long term.

32. Link to Post #20
    Australia Avalon Member MESHUGENE's Avatar
    Thanks

'small' problem no one is mentioning:

yes, gold will 'go to the moon'
    but
    remember the Georgia Guide stones:
    THERE WILL BE NO ONE AROUND TO BUY IT!

so,
    when Obama will get out of his bunker
    he will not need to confiscate it, he will just collect it.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MESHUGENE For This Post:

jerry (25th November 2014), Tangri (26th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast