+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Black Friday

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Default Happy Black Friday

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

Lone Bean (29th November 2014), Matt P (29th November 2014), Yetti (29th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Default Re: Happy Black Friday

I'm not going to watch it because you didn't give a short introduction in your opening post.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

grannyfranny100 (29th November 2014), jerry (29th November 2014), MorningFox (29th November 2014), Omni (29th November 2014), seehas (29th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,447 times in 10,165 posts

Happy Black Friday to all the Programmed American Unfortunates

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

jerry (29th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)
    I'm not going to watch it because you didn't give a short introduction in your opening post.
    thanks for sharing

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

Gerald Paris (29th November 2014), MorningFox (29th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 332 posts

We didn't buy anything today because we try to educate people ,let them know there is no such a good deal to go like obedient robot and suffer the cold weather at the door of any dep store to by some china made crap! we start days ago a kinda boycott against bl/Friday, via F/B. Do not by on black Friday, let the people travel to see their family.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yetti For This Post:

jerry (29th November 2014), Matt P (29th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Many years ago there were some things I needed, er (wanted) so I decide to go the Starday "Before" Black Friday, to mark the prices to see if I couls save some money and how much that would be. Along the way searching for my stuff, I marked some other stuff. Black Friday I was excited to get to town to see how big my savings would be. I returned home empty handed. Vowing quietly to myself NEVER to get involved with "Black-Rip-Off"... again. While none of my "stuff" was on sale, their prices, were all marked... UP! The more expensive items were UP, as much as 30%!!! So I switched my shopping to Christmas EVE, for my 50% savings on EVERYTING I needed. I have found over the years that February is the all time cheapest month, when they ate "clearing" shleves for "Inventory Tax" savings!
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th November 2014), genevieve (29th November 2014), Matt P (29th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

Yesterday morning I was disturbed early by noisy neighbours as usual at 5.15am. I sat with my coffee and looked at the Daily Mail Online, not that I believe most of what I read there, I do like to check in occasionally to see how they're trying to herd us cash cows. I was struck by headline photos of insane crowds of shoppers flinging TVs at each others and seeing the British public branded as 'animals'. Most curious since this was long before 7am and long before the shops had opened. These must have been stock photos and I rather wish I'd taken a snapshot of the screen to show the date and time. You'll just have to take my word for it that this was lies and manipulation. Just another example of the media's use as a behaviour modification tool. I can only guess at the purpose of this particular lie.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

jerry (29th November 2014), Matt P (29th November 2014), MorningFox (29th November 2014), Operator (29th November 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

I see that in some countries worldwide 'black Friday' is adopted, even without having 'thanksgiving' just
    not to miss out on a good 'sales' day ...

Perhaps we need to stress on the 'happy' indeed in black Friday to emphasize the actual contradiction
    of it !!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

I don't believe in being suckered by ANY of the consumerist "holidays" and I truly pity those that participate, just like I pity those that fall for the many other cons of the fake reality control matrix. The gifts I like to give, and especially receive, on these occasions are the gifts of company with those I care about. I have made it clear over the years to my family that even for my birthday and christmas, keep your money in your pocket and just spend a little time if you can. I am an un-programmable divergent and damn proud of it.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

gardener2 (29th November 2014), jerry (29th November 2014), Operator (29th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,324 times in 2,101 posts

Quote Most curious since this was long before 7am and long before the shops had opened. These must have been stock photos and I rather wish I'd taken a snapshot of the screen to show the date and time.
    I believe you Phoenix, and not just because of the headlines below.

I just saw the headlines on the local morning newspaper. Many people are, according to the paper, shopping at small local shops, purchasing locally made items as gifts and consuming less.

Maybe more of American public are waking up from the crass consumerism that has characterized the holidays to shop locally.

Giving and receiving gifts is fun for a lot of people whether they make or buy the gifts. I "bake away my stress" and have gotten good at it over the years People enjoy my offerings and I rarely spend more than 40-100 USD total on Christmas gifts; I have a lot of fun with it.

I look for balance in the holidays and truly enjoy them. It gives me a chance to get together, cook and eat a lovely meal with friends and family. Itʻs a whole day of being together, no work, no tv blaring a football game, no shopping trips. Just being at home and spending time together.

Iʻm sure many people look for their own balance in similar ways.

Happy holidays to all.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Heartsong (29th November 2014), jerry (29th November 2014), Phoenix1304 (29th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

Most of the hype about Black Friday is media generated with the big box stores encouragement. Their thinking is "the more kerfuffle, the more attention the store gets, the better the prices must be, the more customers we'll get."

Truth be told, there are very few tugging matches, fist fights or other signs of greed. People stand in line peacefully for the most part. My friends who partake in Black Friday shopping do it because they have the day off from work and family members are around to stay with the children. They can get all of their Christmas gift shopping done in one day and be done with it. They are not given to excess, they are driven by efficiency.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread