+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jupiter Ascending (New Wachowski Film)

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Jupiter Ascending (New Wachowski Film)

Jupiter (Lucifer) Ascending & the Harvesting of Souls

Wednesday 18th February 2015 at 10:33 By David Icke

Through Ancient Eyes

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Jupiter (Lucifer) Ascending & the Harvesting of Souls

‘Well its been almost a year since I put a review up on ‘Through Ancient Eyes’,
    mainly due to other commitments, but the current release by the Chicago born
    Wachowskis, Jupiter Ascending, gave me the push to write something once again.
    Don’t get too excited though the movie wasn’t that great.

The Wachowskis, (Lana Wachowski – previously Laurence Wachowski and Andy
    Wachowski), have given us ground-breaking movies like The Matrix (1999),
    V for Vendetta (2005), a live action version of a Japanese anime series, Speed
    Racer (2008) and the epic Cloud Atlas (2012) see my review here. What has
    become clear after looking at what the Wachowski’s direct is that they do have
    knowledge of both Gnostic occult symbolism and the true nature of reality? The
    movie has everything in it, except ‘Lion Symbolism’, in terms of Alien overlords,
    DNA seeding of humanity and of course the reaping of planets by an Elite.’

In this review I am not going to spend much time telling you the plot, mainly
    because I thought the storyline was pretty dull, compared to some of their
    other projects. But of course I am going to look at some of the ‘symbolism’
    and wider themes connected to this narrative.

The Abrasax Dynasty (see also ancient Egypt, Rome, Babylon and our Royalty, etc)
    In the movie we are shown an alien dynasty called the Abrasax, notably two
    brothers Balem (Eddie Redmayne), Titus (Douglas Booth) and a sister called
    and Kalique (Tuppence Middleton). Balem is the elder heir to a ruling alien
    dynasty that appear to be living like our earthly elite ‘magnified hundreds of
    thousands of times’. Where Earth’s Elite own countries, these kids own planets.
    The royalty in Jupiter Ascending ‘rule by DNA’, the DNA of the ‘gods’ (aliens)
    and the main plot is about looking for the true heir to one of their planets – the Earth.

Balem (below) the son with the most at stake is the ‘darkest’ of the three a
    classic psychopathic entity with no remorse for his actions.

War, death, I want it all!
    The word play on ‘Bal’, ‘Titus’ and ‘Kali’ are so obvious to the trained eye and of
    course Bal or Ba’al especially was a God of the Levant and the ‘Jupiter figure’
    worshipped by the Pre Christians and the Phoenicians as a ‘Christ figure’. The
    word Ba'al can be translated as ‘lord’, ‘owner’, ‘master’, or ‘husband’, and
    referred to a ‘group of deities’ (see above). Titus is a lucid connection to the
    Titans and to Saturn’s reign and of course Kalique is the Dark Goddess of the
    Underworld in Hindu myth. The ‘triad of Abrasax siblings’ in the movie were
    born to the Goddess Seraph, which is another lucid connection to the Seraph
    of Biblical text.

The Abraxas found in insignia and Masonic art (no surpises there eh?)
    Abrasax also comes from the Gnostic and Egyptian knowledge alluding to the
    Archons and their creators. Abrasax is therefore the God of ‘division’ and
    ‘separation’ (the great Architect), the one that Essenes warned of at Qumran
    and the later Cathars of Southern France preached about, saying that the
    world was the creation of Abrasax. It could also be that the three siblings
    (four if you add the ‘Queen to bee’, Jupiter herself) are connected not least
    symbolically in the movie to the dwarf stars ‘Jupiter’, ‘Saturn’ and the
    wanderer Venus. What the movie does brilliantly is show the ‘scale’ and
    ‘vastness’ of these planets (stars) and therefore the size of the structures
    they could harbour? Are we so sure that these celestial bodies don’t
    harbour other life? Come on folks, its time to expand out imaginations!

Balem on his floating seat

Ancient depictions of Abraxas

Seraph the mother of the Abrasax siblings

Read more: Jupiter (Lucifer) Ascending & the Harvesting of Souls

http://throughancienteyes.blogspot.c...esting-of.html

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Anchor (8th June 2015), Becky (19th February 2015), Billy (8th June 2015), CD7 (24th February 2015), Flash (19th February 2015), fourty-two (19th February 2015), gripreaper (28th February 2015), MorningFox (19th February 2015), Muzz (19th February 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015), seko (12th May 2015), spizella (19th February 2015), Wind (19th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Interesting article Cider thanks. He explores a lot of different links to ancient symbolism from all over the world. Quite a few I had missed and I just realised that's Neil Hague who did the cover art for David Icke's books.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Billy (8th June 2015), Cidersomerset (19th February 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

[IMG]Interesting article Cider thanks. He explores a lot of different links to ancient symbolism from all over the world. Quite a few I had missed and I just realised that's Neil Hague who did the cover art for David Icke's books.[/IMG]

Yeah I thought Abraxas must stand for something and this post looked indeph
    and yeah I did not click it was that Neil Haig. That would explain how he and
    David marry the wonderful illustrations with his narrative....

Neil Hague - The Rise of the True Human Being

Published on 18 Sep 2013

Neil Hague's talk entitled "The Rise of the True Human Being: Keys to Unlocking the
    Imagination Through the Untold History of Art" at the ARC Convention in Bath,
    February 2010.

Neil Hague is a UK artist, authorial illustrator and lecturer, originally trained in
    graphics and book publishing. Over the past fifteen years he has developed
    a 'unique' vision through his unique style of art and creativity. One that has been
    described as both spiritual and 'neo-shamanic' by people who have heard him lecture or who have seen his work.

Neil's website: http://www.neilhague.com/
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 19th February 2015 at 17:26.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

fourty-two (24th February 2015), GaelVictor (8th June 2015), Muzz (19th February 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015), seko (12th May 2015)

7. Link to Post #64
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

i kind of regret went to see this film what i should have is waiting good quality releases on the net. alot of stuff they talked about many of you have discuss before in this forum, nothing new they bring on the table. I find Jupiter Ascending suitable for TV show rather than a film.

even tho the story is dull but behind it have full of messages...
    Last edited by apokalypse; 21st February 2015 at 10:34.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st February 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

ABSOLUTELY loved the movie!! For those in the "alternate" scene there were so many things touched upon in the movie that have been talked about for yearssss...IT was very strange seeing and hearing alternative ideas/beliefs in a movie main stream type of setting.

AND incidentally ITS always about fighting brothers!!!! Two opposing brothers is such a repeated theme in SO many stories/myths-----WILL YOU TWO GET ALONG ALREADY! !!!
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Becky (13th May 2015), fourty-two (24th February 2015), HORIZONS (13th May 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015), sigma6 (28th February 2015)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

I found something especially of interest to me... around 1:00:00 there is a scene in the movie where she goes through a process of "claiming her title", which must surely be symbolism of the Birth Certificate process... especially since it is coming from the authors of the Matrix... which was clearly about the corporate fiction world vs the common law, 'man on the land' world, where the machines represent corporations which were supposed to serve mankind but are instead taking over, etc, note also they had to use a "landline" whenever they wanted to escape the corporate fiction world and dozen of little details, just like Wiz of Oz... full of allegory and hidden meaning...

The idea of claiming the BC is a huge topic and would be the perfect follow up to what the Matrix was symbolizing... the idea being the BC represents a potential birthright claim, the very value the State is monetizing and borrowing funds into existence against... we also have the right to make a claim against that same value... (in principle) It is the true basis of "where the money comes from" when someone goes to a bank to "get a loan" (the bank really just has a license to "monetize" securities) for anyone who has studied this stuff... It's still the holy grail of Commercial Redemption... and it will ultimately be understood within a trust interpretation...

That scene was clearly alluding to that issue, and Tatum says "...it means your majesty's life is going to change, if she wants it to..." right after she has claimed her "title" and there was even mention of trusts I think a few times leading up to it...

And it was such a rather odd scene, within the whole context of the movie... how they reverted back to 'common everyday Earth government' bureaucracy and inserted it into the movie...? it seemed out of context, it was supposed to be 'comedic relief' from the "intense action scenes" ;D ...but it was too transparent.... therefore it stuck out, I think they were laying out a possible interpretation of how one could go about the process of claiming title to BCs... a tricky issue to understand logistically, will have to watch it again... but that absolutely had to be significant...

this is a classic example, where they try to squeeze so much into the symbolism, they lose the surface level of the original storyline!... and people not looking for symbolism, will only see a poorly constructed story. We take for granted how superbly crafted the Matrix movie was in that sense... None the less I absolutely love Wachowski Bro movies... they are trying to wake people up... :D
    Last edited by sigma6; 28th February 2015 at 05:04.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Anchor (8th June 2015), CdnSirian (8th June 2015), gripreaper (28th February 2015), Maunagarjana (28th February 2015), Muzz (28th February 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015), Operator (28th February 2015), seko (13th May 2015), skyflower (16th March 2015)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    I found something especially of interest to me... around 1:00:00 there is a scene in the movie where she goes through a process of "claiming her title", which must surely be symbolism of the Birth Certificate process... especially since it is coming from the authors of the Matrix... which was clearly about the corporate fiction world vs the common law, 'man on the land' world, where the machines represent corporations which were supposed to serve mankind but are instead taking over, etc, note also they had to use a "landline" whenever they wanted to escape the corporate fiction world and dozen of little details, just like Wiz of Oz... full of allegory and hidden meaning...

The idea of claiming the BC is a huge topic and would be the perfect follow up to what the Matrix was symbolizing... the idea being the BC represents a potential birthright claim, the very value the State is monetizing and borrowing funds into existence against... we also have the right to make a claim against that same value... (in principle) It is the true basis of "where the money comes from" when someone goes to a bank to "get a loan" (the bank really just has a license to "monetize" securities) for anyone who has studied this stuff... It's still the holy grail of Commercial Redemption... and it will ultimately be understood within a trust interpretation...

That scene was clearly alluding to that issue, and Tatum says "you can change your life, if you want to" right after she has claimed her "title" and there was even mention of trusts I think a few times leading up to it...

And it was such a rather odd scene, within the whole context of the movie... how they reverted back to 'common everyday Earth government' bureaucracy and inserted it into the movie...? it seemed out of context, it was supposed to be 'comedic relief' from the "intense action scenes" ;D ...but it was too transparent.... therefore it stuck out, I think they were laying out a possible interpretation of how one could go about the process of claiming title to BCs... a tricky issue to understand logistically, will have to watch it again... but that absolutely had to be significant...

this is a classic example, where they try to squeeze so much into the symbolism, they lose the surface level of the original storyline!... and people not looking for symbolism, will only see a poorly constructed story. We take for granted how superbly crafted the Matrix movie was in that sense... None the less I absolutely love Wachowski Bro movies... they are trying to wake people up... :D
    It's an interesting point. But the title she got was something that she wanted and needed. It's not really like the corporate strawman getting foisted on people pretty much effortlessly without them knowing the implications. Caine Wise tipped her off that she had to get that title in order to claim her inheritance. It was the only way she could exert the power given to her by virtue of her genetics. And as soon as she does get it, then she had to learn that to have that title meant she has power that she could be tricked into giving away if she's not careful. So, I'm saying it's not really presented as a negative thing in the sense that she worked within the system and played by its rules, and this allowed her to secure the safety of Earth.
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Nasu (8th June 2015)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

One thing I think would have made the movie better for me, is if they would have made the ET humans taller. Like comparable to how humans and elves were much taller than hobbits and dwarves in The Lord of the Rings movies. But maybe even taller than that, with lots of varying heights, some much taller. It would have been only a slight change, but a good one. Obviously, with Caine Wise being the love interest character, he would have to be similar in height to Jupiter.
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Quote It's an interesting point. But the title she got was something that she wanted and needed. It's not really like the corporate strawman getting foisted on people pretty much effortlessly without them knowing the implications. Caine Wise tipped her off that she had to get that title in order to claim her inheritance. It was the only way she could exert the power given to her by virtue of her genetics. And as soon as she does get it, then she had to learn that to have that title meant she has power that she could be tricked into giving away if she's not careful. So, I'm saying it's not really presented as a negative thing in the sense that she worked within the system and played by its rules, and this allowed her to secure the safety of Earth.
    I'd have to say there is more to it than what you think you saw... thanks for sharing your perception, interesting to see how others look it... just as the hidden story line in the Matrix is unmistakable, and carries on into the sequels, which is why it was harder to make the sequels I imagine, as they wrestled with the "dual storyline" But it has been and is still being endlessly analyzed... and just as there are now many insiders on record saying the same for the Wiz of Oz... including the author's political history, the freemason symbolism, the timing... There is no doubt the Wachowski's are hip to what is going on... many of the 'well to do' are... it would interesting to know exactly what they know, and how they came across it, what groups they are members of, etc... there is a hidden trust interpretation in there, I'm going to have to get an original DVD... with captions... ;-D
    Last edited by sigma6; 28th February 2015 at 05:17.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Muzz (28th February 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015), Operator (28th February 2015)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by Maunagarjana (here)
    One thing I think would have made the movie better for me, is if they would have made the ET humans taller. Like comparable to how humans and elves were much taller than hobbits and dwarves in The Lord of the Rings movies. But maybe even taller than that, with lots of varying heights, some much taller. It would have been only a slight change, but a good one. Obviously, with Caine Wise being the love interest character, he would have to be similar in height to Jupiter.
    One thing that would have made the move better for me, would have been to cut ALL the action scenes (probably 50%) of the movie and replaced them with a story arc that was actually engaging. Anything would have done - Caine Wise's backstory, why all those bees? who was Dad, and if Mum lived for 91,000 years, what did she do with her day?
    Memo to myself never, ever see these types of films in a cinema but only on DVD where there is a fast forward button

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

awakeningmom (28th February 2015), Becky (13th May 2015), bodhii71 (1st March 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015), sigma6 (9th March 2015)

20. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    One thing that would have made the move better for me, would have been to cut ALL the action scenes (probably 50%) of the movie and replaced them with a story arc that was actually engaging. Anything would have done - Caine Wise's backstory, why all those bees? who was Dad, and if Mum lived for 91,000 years, what did she do with her day?
    Memo to myself never, ever see these types of films in a cinema but only on DVD where there is a fast forward button
    Finding the answers on the questions that you have now is the reason for them to be present in the content of the movie ...
    E.g. bees can be found in (sacred) historical storytelling and clearly have relation to hive mentality ('they' would recognize a real queen ...)

The overkill on action scenes is probably to attract/keep the non-esoteric public to/in the cinema too. Keep in mind that if you would want to
    make a mind-blowing esoteric movie with straight in your face explanation without action etc. you would have trouble finding a financier with
    deep pockets. TPTB do like to flash 'their' paradigm under your nose ... but only in such a way that semi-initiated people feel invited to make
    a next step. Becoming a witness of the knowledge automatically gives you a level of responsibility, if you want it or not ...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Nasu (8th June 2015), sigma6 (9th March 2015)

22. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    ---
    Finding the answers on the questions that you have now is the reason for them to be present in the content of the movie ...
    ---
    By the way the best way to convince people is not to tell them but to let them seek it themselves. E.g. children that are told
    that Santa Claus does not exits are in disbelieve for a while. They don't want to accept that getting the goodies and gifts is over.

But the kid that discovers by him/herself that Santa is a fairy tale will be over it instantly ...

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Nasu (8th June 2015), seko (13th May 2015), sigma6 (9th March 2015)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    E.g. bees can be found in (sacred) historical storytelling and clearly have relation to hive mentality ('they' would recognize a real queen ...)

The overkill on action scenes is probably to attract/keep the non-esoteric public to/in the cinema too. Keep in mind that if you would want to
    make a mind-blowing esoteric movie with straight in your face explanation without action etc. you would have trouble finding a financier with
    deep pockets. TPTB do like to flash 'their' paradigm under your nose ... but only in such a way that semi-initiated people feel invited to make
    a next step. Becoming a witness of the knowledge automatically gives you a level of responsibility, if you want it or not ...
    After I wrote this post, I read David Icke's discussion on the film, there is a link earlier in the thread. One of the reasons for the bees is that Sting Apini has bee DNA, which I didn't pick up on.

I think it is the studios that believe that action scenes will bring the crowds, but I dont think it's true. Quality will bring the crowds and keep people watching the film long past its release weekend.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Becky (14th June 2015), Flash (3rd June 2015), Operator (1st March 2015), sigma6 (9th March 2015)

26. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_Ascending

Quote Amid the criticism, the film picked up an enthusiastic following, particularly among female sci-fi fans who have embraced the film with the general attitude of: "This movie is garbage, but it's OUR garbage!"[15] Donna Dickens of HitFix.com noted that many viewers found the film attractive for providing "the wish-fulfillment of prepubescent girls". Dickens explained that where Hollywood typically portrays strong women in action films as "Arnold Schwarzenegger with boobs", Jupiter Ascending presents Kunis' character differently. "Women don't always want superhuman robots to look up to. We want to be the same klutzy nobody who is cosseted and petted and told we're special — despite all evidence to the contrary," she wrote.[15] Gavia Baker-Whitelaw of The Daily Dot had a similar perspective, praising the film for avoiding sexist jokes. Baker-Whitelaw described the film as "catnip for a certain subset of geeky, self-aware young women", adding that it "is dumb, and weird, and beautiful, and it wants you to be happy."[16] David Blaustein of ABC News wrote that the film "is a campy visual sci-fi spectacle that could very well become a cult classic."[75]
    The film has probably done what it set out to do.

Perhaps they will never equal the Matrix series again, but you gotta give them credit for the social messages tied up in timely story packages. I never once got the impression they were in it for the money. Which does make it hard to make a profit at times, but..well..there you go. They definitely cruise the forums......(as for further films from the Wachowski's, the film has gone gently into the black, profit/loss wise..which for them, is a good thing. FYI, Cloud Atlas was ultimately profitable (barely), as well)
    Last edited by Carmody; 12th May 2015 at 23:13.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Anchor (8th June 2015), Billy (8th June 2015), Calz (3rd June 2015), CdnSirian (8th June 2015), DeDukshyn (12th May 2015), Flash (3rd June 2015), fourty-two (14th May 2015), mountain_jim (4th June 2015), Muzz (14th May 2015), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2015), seko (8th June 2015), sunflower (6th June 2015), Wind (12th May 2015)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

The other thing they did, is they moved the DVD/Bluray release date, from it's original announced release date..... to the Full Moon of June 2nd, 2015.

Hitting the high points/notes, astrologically, is always a good thing. it was released yesterday, on the full moon.

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $47,387,723 26.1%
    + Foreign: $134,500,000 73.9%
    = Worldwide: $181,887,723

Budget: ~$179 million US.

Studios rent space, to film makers and film making companies. Crews are hired crews. They do many films a year, if they are lucky, and some crews are in demand, some like to work with given directors, and so on. The vast majority are separate companies (individuals, groups, etc).

Everyone likes to work.

What I'm saying, is that the Wachowski's pay their bills, and don't go under. Which means they will have the opportunity to make more films.

So even if the box offices says things are marginal, it's still a case of everyone got paid, and there were bums on the seats in the theaters. The film is small in standing regarding a developing cultism, but people who are hot on it... will return to it. So once in the black, which it is (costs vs profit), residuals, in some given form of perpetuity - will come into play.
    Last edited by Carmody; 3rd June 2015 at 16:07.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Anchor (8th June 2015), Calz (3rd June 2015), CdnSirian (8th June 2015), Neal (4th June 2015), skyflower (5th June 2015), spizella (3rd June 2015), Wind (3rd June 2015)

30. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 times in 275 posts

So I finally watched Jupiter Ascending -- what a disappointment! I had been so excited to see it for so long because I knew it had all of the “themes” I’ve been reading about for the last two years. But I think I finally figured out what’s wrong with the Wachowskis’ films in general -- other than the first Matrix (the other two were very painful for me to watch). Their films beg, borrow, and steal from all of the alternative/alien/illuminati themes – i.e., living in a matrix, humans as batteries (or serving as fountain of youth serum in Jupiter Ascending), psychopathic ruling dynastic families, greys and Reptilians, mind wipes, etc…. But they completely miss the most interesting part behind all of these themes: the esoteric/spiritual aspects. The belief that humans are much more than we think we are.

There were so many lost esoteric opportunities in Jupiter Ascending. For example: (Spoiler Alert: do not read on if you haven’t seen the movie yet):

1. Reincarnation/Past Life Memory: Jupiter is supposed to be the reincarnation of the Matriarch of this nasty clan of Royal Humanoids, who supposedly lived through 91 millennia. But throughout the entire movie, Jupiter never remembers anything from this very long past life. It certainly would have been a whole lot more interesting if at some point Jupiter started to “remember” who she was. I mean, isn’t that what so many are telling us we are supposed to be able to do: Wake Up and Recover Our Memories of Who We Really Are? Jupiter remembers nothing. She becomes NOTHING. Instead, all Jupiter does throughout the entire movie is wait for Wolfie (Cain Wise?) to come rescue her as the various Horrible Royalty Clan members try to trick her into giving up her birthright, Earth. Most pathetic damsel-in-distress protagonist ever.

2. Astrological Significance: In the beginning of the movie, Jupiter tells the audience in voice-over that she was born with “Jupiter Ascending at 23 degrees Leo” – she says her aunt tells her that this means she’s going to do something big….then she says, as she faces her life as a working- class toilet cleaner: “Astrology is bull****.” Of course, we’re supposed to understand that astrology is NOT bull**** because, after all, Jupiter turns out to be the owner of Earth and a reincarnation of the most powerful Horrible Royalty Clan Member. But where’s the scene where someone wise (the Oracle? Morpheus?) tells Jupiter what her birth chart means and what she’s really supposed to do? Or even better -- why doesn’t she discover this herself? I mean, supposedly the Matriarch had a change of heart after harvesting/feeding off various human races for 91 millennia. Couldn’t the Matriarch have left clues for her future reincarnated self? Maybe some helpful hints on how to wake up humanity to their farmed status and perhaps how to get their hands on some technology to defeat the Horrid Royal Clans that harvest them?

3. Speaking of Waking Up Humanity – at the end of the film, Jupiter does nothing with her new found knowledge and royal power. In the beginning of the movie, she tells Wolfie’s friend Stinger that she thinks humanity “would want to know the truth about their real origins.” Yet, at the end, Jupiter lets her bickering working-class family live in ignorance of their origins and their destinies. She shares nothing! (is that what really happens when people gain the Knowledge of the Universe?) This is probably because Jupiter herself learned nothing more meaningful than how to use Wolfie’s cool flying shoes. Jupiter claims she doesn’t want to say anything because her family will think she’s crazy, but hell, she now OWNS the earth and is dating a spliced human/dog hybrid -- I think she could make her family – and the other poor ignorant Earth Schmucks -- believe her.

4. Reptilians – the only useful thing this movie did for my own current hypothesis of who runs the planet is to make me think there’s definitely someone above the Reptilians around here. Whether it’s the Annunaki or Tall Whites or Horrid Royal Clan from some unknown origin, if the Reptilians were ruling the world, would they really sign off on this Hollywood film where they are all portrayed as grunting, not-so-bright buffoons?

Anyway, so many lost esoteric opportunities. I wish I had a direct line to the Wachowskis – maybe I could help them understand that the people most interested in their movies aren’t in it for the special effects and battle scenes. At least for myself, I want Ancient Knowledge, Esoteric Truths, and an Awakening, Empowered Humanity at the heart of the film. I want Neo of the first Matrix -- but even better. Any other good films out there I should watch to shake this disappointment away?

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to awakeningmom For This Post:

Becky (14th June 2015), Bruno (12th March 2017), CdnSirian (8th June 2015), fourty-two (15th June 2015), Nasu (8th June 2015), spizella (8th June 2015)

32. Link to Post #77
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

I haven't seen this movie. I'm curious now - great review! Lots of issues - human of course since we're human producers and human audience - or are we ha ha. I too want Neo of the first Matrix and better!

It almost sounds like early Feminism - and the instant hijacking of the not-yet-even-a-movement.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

awakeningmom (8th June 2015), fourty-two (15th June 2015)

34. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Quote Posted by lightseeker (here)
    The concept of Balem harvesting earth reminds me of RA and law of one, where in RA speaks of the harvest to come also known as ascension. I find the RA material should be taken with a grain of salt. I do not put much credance in it at all. But the movie is a good thriller with lots of action.
    The word ascension is not even used once in the RA material. Similarly, the Harvest in this film has nothing remotely to do with the how the term harvest is used in the RA material, something stated already in this thread.

I watched Jupiter Ascending this weekend. I enjoyed it as an entertaining film.

Afterwards it was fun talking to Mrs Anchor who also watched it with me and identifying all the references in that film towards the elite/illuminati/SSP etc...

We liked that Mila Kunis went back to cleaning toilets (pretty sure there is a Ghandi reference here : “So long as you do not take the broom and the bucket in your hands, you cannot make your towns and cities clean.") and the humans and earth were all saved - yay!
    Last edited by Anchor; 8th June 2015 at 08:04. Reason: sorry about all the edits
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

fourty-two (15th June 2015)

36. Link to Post #79
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Quote Posted by lightseeker (here)
    The concept of Balem harvesting earth reminds me of RA and law of one, where in RA speaks of the harvest to come also known as ascension. I find the RA material should be taken with a grain of salt. I do not put much credance in it at all. But the movie is a good thriller with lots of action.
    The word ascension is not even used once in the RA material. Similarly, the Harvest in this film has nothing remotely to do with the how the term harvest is used in the RA material, something stated already in this thread.

I watched Jupiter Ascending this weekend. I enjoyed it as an entertaining film.

Afterwards it was fun talking to Mrs Anchor who also watched it with me and identifying all the references in that film towards the elite/illuminati/SSP etc...

We liked that Mila Kunis went back to cleaning toilets (pretty sure there is a Ghandi reference here : “So long as you do not take the broom and the bucket in your hands, you cannot make your towns and cities clean.") and the humans and earth were all saved - yay!
    Gandhi also made his wife clean the toilet, which,in India, is a job for the untouchable. She was really insulted but the household queen, his wife, did it. Toilet in reference to the misery we imposed on earth too.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Anchor (8th June 2015), fourty-two (15th June 2015)

38. Link to Post #80
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 times in 275 posts

Here's an interesting take on the film (from a website I often check out) that I hadn't read before. Apologies if this was already posted -- I didn't know how to quickly find that out without scrolling through four pages of posts.

https://deusnexus.wordpress.com/2015...ter-ascending/

I personally still think the film squandered its esoteric potential!

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to awakeningmom For This Post:

Bruno (12th March 2017), fourty-two (15th June 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th June 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast