+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aussie comedian goes to town on the 2nd amendment.

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: Aussie comedian goes to town on the 2nd amendment.

The day when everyone is telepathic and has the ability to kill with their mind, or dial up a laser beam on their spacesuits, or some other technology replaces them, is when I think we won't need guns anymore.

Until then, like someone else was saying, if you just give all the governments a monopoly on firearms then all you're doing is setting up for another round of fascist mass murder.

2. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Well, let’s take an example. Waco, Branch Davidian’s, April 19, 1993. A sovereign group of individuals, who had rescinded their corporate citizenship of slavery and retained their rights to allodial land patent title, their sovereign rights to believe as they wished and to maintain their own community without contracts of adhesion to the state, were summarily burned alive and slaughtered by the US corporate government, who did not and does not like those who step outside their mandated slavery.

And the Branch Davidian’s had guns. The government went in there with tanks and blow torches, so not a very even match when it comes to fighting tyranny.

You know how most of the people responded? Oh what a shame… that 82 men, women and children were burned alive by our government...well I guess tyranny has fully arrived and is greater than our ability to withstand it so I guess I’ll comply and follow all their rules and be a good slave. By the way, what else is on TV tonight and do we have any more of that fried chicken?

To couch the debate as a “gun control” issue misses the point of tyranny and why the second amendment was included by those who were not died in the wool masons tied to the crown, who saw an opportunity for self determination, self responsibility and self actualization, with ONE RULE. Do no harm to your fellow man.

America is now a failed experiment, the global elite banksters took control and run their statutory slave system, and we acquiesce to it and support it every day with our energy. Yes we do, admit it. WE built their military industrial complex and their sophisticated state sponsored draconian police force, and we did it by commercial use of debt. More debt, more raping and pillaging of this planet to service the usury on more and more debt, and more screwing your fellow man to "get ahead" of this slave system, which is impossible to get ahead in.

Small wonder people are losing it and violence is escalating. The system of usury and slavery has run its course. Its time for a whole new paradigm.
    You said it so well. Yes we have been supporting their machine by paying taxes, etc. However the alphabet agencies have been far from transparent with regards to what they actually do/did with our funds. If everyone was aware of the unthinkable ways they treat people (ie MK Ultra, Satanic sacrifices) there would be total outrage.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

genevieve (6th December 2014), gripreaper (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (5th December 2014)

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    The day when everyone is telepathic and has the ability to kill with their mind, or dial up a laser beam on their spacesuits, or some other technology replaces them, is when I think we won't need guns anymore.
    As long as we have the need to kill anything we won't have much hope as a species. We will have the need for guns as long as we have the current mindset and paradigm, a paradigm of primitive species...
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Debra (15th December 2014), jerry (6th December 2014), Napping (5th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), Tyy1907 (5th December 2014)

6. Link to Post #44
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

That's alright Observer, rip in. You'll feel better for minute or two. I take your point re the arming against a tyrannical elite, I just happen to disagree and think it's as laughable as the comedian. We're not talking guns vs guns anymore. If "they" want you/us wiped off the place of this planet, do you honestly think defending yourself with guns is going to hold them back? It might have worked against the Brits in yesteryear but I'm sure you're aware that goal posts have changed regarding what "they" have in their possession to several decades back.

So no, I don't buy that argument at all, in fact in my mind it's ridiculous. There's some other valid points others have made re justifying guns, and that's worth mulling over.

The thing I that I find a little bemusing about many of you on this issue and other issues for that matter, is your unwillingness to see the shades of grey. It's just black or white and whoever is on the other side are just unawakened mainstream loving sheep. That's where you'll lose many/most people you are trying to "awaken". It's actually the middle road where I think the best answer to many an issues lies, the problem is both sides are too busy advocating that it's their way or the highway that much progress gets stunted.

This comedian is doing a good job of encouraging people to step back and reassess their own opinion. Some interesting points re Target's post on comedy nonetheless.

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    The last thing I wish to be characterized as, is the member who resorted to ad hominem in reply to this thread. Sometimes you just have to call them like you see them - rules be damned.

I'm old, I'm cranky, I'm about fed-up with all the naysaying to the legitimate exposé concerning the tyranny of the Global Elite at this website, and when I see an apparent shill pushing an agenda.... well, it just pisses me off.

"Napping".... such an appropriate nic for someone with such little understanding of what they are advocating.

The first thing the Nazis did when they came to power was disarm all the "undesirables". Next, they rounded-up all those "undesirables", and summarily exterminated them. Do we learn anything from history?

I agree with everything each member articulated who has expressed their distaste for what was promoted in the OP.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Napping For This Post:

Ellisa (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (5th December 2014), Wind (6th December 2014)

8. Link to Post #45
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Thanks for taking it so lightly, Napping.

Does anyone really think, when the $hit hits the fan, and the storm-troopers come jack-booting down your street, you will have any chance to survive that holocaust?

My debate regarding personal gun ownership is all about drawing a line in the sand and making a stand.

I have no intentions of being marched down into an excavated pit, huddled among a hundred, or so people, begging for mercy. They will have to take me fighting - superior weapons notwithstanding.
    Last edited by observer; 6th December 2014 at 00:11.

9. Link to Post #46
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Quote Posted by Napping (here)
    If "they" want you/us wiped off the place of this planet, do you honestly think defending yourself with guns is going to hold them back? It might have worked against the Brits in yesteryear but I'm sure you're aware that goal posts have changed regarding what "they" have in their possession to several decades back.
    I think you are putting the ideas in the wrong context. As an example (a fictitious one, as I don't own a gun) if the dynamic was "Me vs. the government" you're right that I would lose, gun or no. That's not what gun ownership was originally intended for. Gun ownership in the US was intended to make the dynamic one of "The People (and their guns) vs. the government".

10. Link to Post #47
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Port Arthur in Tasmania was only one of a series of massacres in Australia. There previously was a shooter on a busy arterial road who picked off people in their cars before surrendering to police. This is rare as most people committing mass murder either kill themselves or are killed by police. He is still alive, in prison. Then there was a shooting in a high-rise building of offices by a disgruntled customer. He killed a number of people. I know all about that one as my daughter was evacuated from the building. This guy died at the time, I think shot by police. Guns were often used in crime. They were easy to obtain. There was a gun shop in the town where I live--- there isn't now. Port Arthur seemed like the last straw, and the Prime Minister of the day promised much welcome reform with huge support. Since that time there has not been a massacre or multiple gun incident in Australia, and the death rate from guns is very low by international standards. I don't think think that is coincidental, but is a deliberate and successful attempt to reduce one way of killing people.

Whilst this topic has been debated here, another unarmed citizen of the US has been shot, by police. As an observer I find it hard to see why it is so difficult to understand that the fear of harm will become toxic for everyone, and so all the frightened people carry guns, law officers and criminals alike, and they will use them, even on people who are not armed at all. Doesn't this seem wrong?-- it does to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Napping (6th December 2014)

12. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    Port Arthur in Tasmania was only one of a series of massacres in Australia. There previously was a shooter on a busy arterial road who picked off people in their cars before surrendering to police. This is rare as most people committing mass murder either kill themselves or are killed by police. He is still alive, in prison. Then there was a shooting in a high-rise building of offices by a disgruntled customer. He killed a number of people. I know all about that one as my daughter was evacuated from the building. This guy died at the time, I think shot by police. Guns were often used in crime. They were easy to obtain. There was a gun shop in the town where I live--- there isn't now. Port Arthur seemed like the last straw, and the Prime Minister of the day promised much welcome reform with huge support. Since that time there has not been a massacre or multiple gun incident in Australia, and the death rate from guns is very low by international standards. I don't think think that is coincidental, but is a deliberate and successful attempt to reduce one way of killing people.

Whilst this topic has been debated here, another unarmed citizen of the US has been shot, by police. As an observer I find it hard to see why it is so difficult to understand that the fear of harm will become toxic for everyone, and so all the frightened people carry guns, law officers and criminals alike, and they will use them, even on people who are not armed at all. Doesn't this seem wrong?-- it does to me.
    No, it doesn't seem "wrong" to me. How can it be wrong that people are fearful when they have always been fearful throughout the entire history of the human race? How can it be wrong to want to protect yourself and your loved ones with the best tools you can find when we humans have done this all throughout our entire history? What seems very wrong to me is when people cannot look at the reality of human nature, when they actually think that humans can become peaceful and loving in some illusionary future, when they totally ignore all the killing that is going on all over the world and still persist in denying that humans are, have always been and will always be a rather violent species.

Even if you reduce gun violence through confiscation of guns it is a proven fact that there will still be as much or more violence using different tools besides guns. I want to have the BEST tool at my disposal to defend myself and my loved ones against anyone or any government that would like to attack me, steal from me or take away my freedom. Taking our guns is attempting to take our freedom and leave us more defenseless against aggressors, including possibly our government at some point. That's what it's all about.... FREEDOM. There is no middle ground and we will not compromise.

Quote ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Two little words. With these two words, two concepts were verbalized that have lived for nearly two and a half Millennia. They signify and characterize both the heart of the Warrior, and the indomitable spirit of mankind. From the ancient Greek, they are the reply of the Spartan General-King Leonidas to Xerxes, the Persian Emperor who came with 600,000 of the fiercest fighting troops in the world to conquer and invade little Greece, then the center and birthplace of civilization as we know it. When Xerxes offered to spare the lives of Leonidas, his 300 personal bodyguards and a handful of Thebans and others who volunteered to defend their country, if they would lay down their arms, Leonidas shouted these two words back.

Molon Labe! (mo-lone lah-veh)

They mean, “Come and get them!” They live on today as the most notable quote in military history.

We have adopted this defiant utterance as a battle cry in our war against oppression because it says so clearly and simply towards those who would take our arms.

It signifies our determination to not strike the first blow, but also to not stand mute and allow our loved ones, and all that we believe in and stand for, to be trampled by men who would deprive us of our God-given – or natural, if you will – rights to suit their own ends.

http://thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

My husband put a couple of Molon Labe stickers on our car. Most people don't know what it means but it's a defiant flipping off of the government or anyone who would attempt to take our guns, our freedom. Remember....There is no middle ground and we will not compromise.

Most of us who have guns are NOT fearful, in fact we are not fearful whether we have guns or not, but we do believe in having the best tool for any potential problems and guns are a great tool for stopping bad people quickly. Probably most of the people who are fearful don't want others to have guns because they live in fear of not only guns but likely fear many things in life. They also have some mistaken idea that fewer guns means fewer deaths. They crow about the fact there are fewer "gun" deaths but conveniently leave out how many people are killed by knives, baseball bats, and other creative ways to rob or kill which always increase when guns are outlawed. In fact gun crimes often increase too....after guns are banned. For example:

Quote Since Australia banned semiautomatic rifles, shotguns and pump action shotguns the gun crime rates have skyrocketed throughout the country.
    Murders committed with guns increased by 19%.
    Home invasions increased by 21%.
    Assaults committed with guns increased by 28%.
    Armed robberies skyrocketed with an increase of 69%

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/8975/au...Mx8lSCDhJDz.99
    What IS wrong is to think that we Americans who cherish our natural right to bear arms, which is confirmed in the Constitution, will ever let anyone take that away. There is no middle ground and we will not compromise. Molon Labe!
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

alh02 (6th December 2014), jerry (6th December 2014), Joe Sustaire (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014), Sebastion (6th December 2014), Shezbeth (6th December 2014)

14. Link to Post #49
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

I'm not prone to posting large volumes of text. I prefer to post the links and let the membership do the research on their own.

Over the years, here at Avalon, I've come to realize few of the members ever actually go to the links I offer in my comments. I'm a stickler for posting documentation relevant to my comments, so I see the fact that few ever really do the research is their loss, not mine.

In this case, I'm going to make an exception to my rule of not posting large volumes of text. The quote is from Jim Marrs' book, "Rise Of The Fourth Reich":

Quote Jim Marrs -

"Hitler realized that he needed the support of his wealthy conservative followers, so he directed much of his public statements to them, particularly in the areas of rearmament and foreign policy. But his social programs in many cases were a liberal’s dream come true.

For example, gun control was already widespread in a pre-Nazi Europe unaccustomed to the freedom to bear arms. Anti–gun control advocates have long pointed out that it was an unarmed population that allowed the Nazis to both gain and maintain power. Ironically, the Nazis used the Weimar Republic’s gun-control laws - intended to restrict private armies such as Hitler’s SA - to keep the population disarmed.

Hitler and his ilk were against keeping arms in the hands of citizens, especially conquered peoples.

Hitler once declared:

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty.”

Still, the Nazis were not content with the stringent gun laws already on the books. In 1938, they strengthened these laws by asserting that only loyal Nazis could own weapons. This was codified in the Nazi Weapons Law of March 18, 1938.

A group opposed to gun control, called Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, Inc. (JPFO), has made the shocking but well-supported argument that U.S. gun-control legislation is based on this Nazi law.

“JPFO has hard evidence that shows that the Nazi Weapons Law (March 18, 1938) is the source of the U.S. Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA ’68),” stated the group on its Web site.

“The Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition of April 13, 1928. The 1928 law was enacted by a center-right, freely elected German government that wanted to curb ‘gang activity,’ violent street fights between Nazi party and Communist party thugs. All firearm owners and their firearms had to be registered. Sound familiar? ‘Gun control’ did not save democracy in Germany. It helped to make sure that the toughest criminals - the Nazis - prevailed.”

JPFO literature noted:

“The Nazis inherited lists of firearm owners and their firearms when they ‘lawfully’ took over in March 1933. The Nazis used these inherited registration lists to seize privately held firearms from persons who were not ‘reliable.’ Knowing exactly who owned which firearms, the Nazis had only to revoke the annual ownership permits or decline to renew them.”

The assassination of President John F. Kennedy precipitated a cry for gun control in the United States, and the corporate media went into high gear promoting this agenda.

Yet, resistance was strong and the idea languished until after the 1968 murders of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on April 4 and Robert F. Kennedy on June 6. Following these shocking deaths, the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) was passed in October of that year, after strenuous debate and compromise. Some conspiracy researchers see this as a classic example of creating a problem, offering a draconian solution, and settling for a compromise that still fulfills the original agenda.

The gun legislation of 1968 stated only licensed dealers could send and receive firearms across state lines, thus ending mail-order sales. It also allowed bureaucrats in Washington to decide what types of firearms Americans could own.

The term “sporting” guns was not clearly defined, allowing whole classes of firearms to be banned.

“Given the parallels between the Nazi Weapons Law and the GCA ’68, we concluded that the framers of the GCA ’68 - lacking any basis in American law to sharply cut back the civil rights of law-abiding Americans - drew on the Nazi Weapons Law of 1938,” stated JPFO literature.

There seems to be some support for this argument, because the architect of the 1968 Gun Control Act was Connecticut senator Thomas J. Dodd, a Democrat who lost to Republican Prescott Bush in a 1956 Senate election but gained the state’s other Senate seat two years later.

Dodd had served as a special agent for the FBI in the 1930s and as executive trial counsel for the Office of the United States Chief of Counsel for the Prosecution of Axis Criminality at the Nuremberg war crimes trials at the end of the war. It may have been during his time in Nuremberg that he became familiar with the Nazi gun laws.

A letter from the Library of Congress to Dodd in July 1968 showed that four months prior to his gun-control legislation being passed, he received an English translation of the Nazi Weapons Law based on the original German law document he supplied to the library.

Dodd died of a heart attack in 1971. In 1980, his son, Christopher J. Dodd, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, won his father’s seat in the Senate. The younger Dodd, a liberal, nevertheless took money from and lent considerable support to corporate miscreants like Enron and Arthur Andersen, indicating his willingness to support the globalists."
    Read more at http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...america03a.htm The part quoted here came out of the section on, "GUNS, DRUGS, AND EUGENICS", about half way down. The entire Third Part of Jim's book is an excellent read for those who still have the ability to give a critical thought to this Gun Control issue.

From my perspective on this issue, everyone who is in favor of disarming private citizens has been brain washed by those Globalists bent on controlling the world, and you're all simply feeding the machine.

15. Link to Post #50
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

If you want to own a gun, buy a gun. If it's that easy in a country. If you don't want one in the house, well don't buy one.

Here in Europe one can't buy arms just like that and it's not in our culture either. At least I've never felt that I missed one, on the contrary, I would feel uncomfortable with a weapon in my house. I might kill someone 'by accident' when in fear, or angry

I think one of the reasons that Americans cling to their arms is that people fear their Government.

In France, it is the government who is afraid of the people, because the people make it known when they are pissed off.
    These people know how to have their voices heard, as they will riot TOGETHER against the government, or they're up for going on strike.

It's about coming together as a people and making the government more responsible and accountable.
    The government needs you, but you don't need the government. This is why people have true power.

Quote It could be argued that the United States started the new age of the protest during the 1960's, however has the US lost its voice? People in France are taking to the streets rioting in mass protest against the potential new law which would raise the minimum age for retirement. Brian Becker with the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition predicts next year frustrated Americans may take to the streets to reclaim their rights

16. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    Quote Posted by GalaxyHorse (here)
    I know this topic is divisive, and the apparent logic is that if people don't have easy access to guns you don't get these awful civilian massacres
    ---
    We should take the massacres out of the equation. They are only there as means for the division.
    What should be on the agenda is "Is it a good idea if authorities have a monopoly on access to weaponry ?"
    Yes, I agree - this is the essence of the whole matter really. But the firepower of the bankster backed cabal (so to speak) is almost limitless
    can we picture limited nukes being used in civil unrest for instance.? 'Rebel strongholds' being bombed. We need to beat them with more subtle tactics -BUT bearing arms is at least a measure of
    deterrent

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

alh02 (7th December 2014), Debra (15th December 2014), jerry (6th December 2014), NancyV (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014), Operator (6th December 2014), Shezbeth (6th December 2014)

18. Link to Post #52
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Quote Posted by heyokah (here)
    I would feel uncomfortable with a weapon in my house. I might kill someone 'by accident' when in fear, or angry
    I hope you'll pardon me for singling this statement (and subsequently, you) out on this but,....

Really? You don't practice rationality or calm reservation? You couldn't,... oh I don't know,... not kill someone 'by accident'? Take me for example, I've owned a blade (in some capacity) since I was 8,... somehow I have managed to not stab anyone (even 'accidentally', despite having experienced apprehension, threats, violence, etc.). I suppose that's one of those 'not yet' statements though right?

19. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

If I was convinced re Port Arthur and Sandy Hook I'd 100% agree with those points Target. Call it cognitive dissonance, but I'm still not convinced. To suggest all of the mass killings in recent years are false flags for me is a stretch. To suggest all of the mass shootings pre Port Arthur in Australia were false flags is a stretch. That's just my humble opinion.

I'm not suggesting for a minute there aren't some surprising facts re pro gun ownership if they are to be believed. Like anything it's far from a black and white issue, there's plenty of shades of grey.

However, take the potential false flag scenarios that you're referring to away, and I bet Jim had you self reflecting a couple of times thinking, "yep, you've got a point". That's what I loved most about the video, the power comedy can have in tackling controversial issues and enabling individuals to question their beliefs without immediately antagonising.

Cheers,

Matt
    Matt do yourself a big favor and watch this well done documentary .....please ...if this doesn't convince you ....then nothing will
    http://www.mediasolidarity.com/watch_video.html

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

alh02 (7th December 2014), NancyV (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014)

21. Link to Post #54
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

Quote Posted by Shezbeth (here)
    Quote Posted by heyokah (here)
    I would feel uncomfortable with a weapon in my house. I might kill someone 'by accident' when in fear, or angry
    I hope you'll pardon me for singling this statement (and subsequently, you) out on this but,....

Really? You don't practice rationality or calm reservation? You couldn't,... oh I don't know,... not kill someone 'by accident'? Take me for example, I've owned a blade (in some capacity) since I was 8,... somehow I have managed to not stab anyone (even 'accidentally', despite having experienced apprehension, threats, violence, etc.). I suppose that's one of those 'not yet' statements though right?
    Well, I could kill myself while cleaning it, or a burglar, or someone who seems a burglar (my husband pottering round the house at night LOL). One of my grandchildren could find it and get an accident.... Don't tell me these things never occur.
    The angry part was with a wink of course. I never felt the urge to take a knife either, don't worry .
    As I said, it's a cultural thing. I'm simply not used to arms. Have actually never seen a real one in my life.....
    Ooops, am I 'not of this world' to you now?
    Last edited by heyokah; 6th December 2014 at 15:21. Reason: spelling

22. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

That's alright Observer, rip in. You'll feel better for minute or two. I take your point re the arming against a tyrannical elite, I just happen to disagree and think it's as laughable as the comedian. We're not talking guns vs guns anymore. If "they" want you/us wiped off the place of this planet, do you honestly think defending yourself with guns is going to hold them back? It might have worked against the Brits in yesteryear but I'm sure you're aware that goal posts have changed regarding what "they" have in their possession to several decades back.

So no, I don't buy that argument at all, in fact in my mind it's ridiculous. There's some other valid points others have made re justifying guns, and that's worth mulling over.

The thing I that I find a little bemusing about many of you on this issue and other issues for that matter, is your unwillingness to see the shades of grey. It's just black or white and whoever is on the other side are just unawakened mainstream loving sheep. That's where you'll lose many/most people you are trying to "awaken". It's actually the middle road where I think the best answer to many an issues lies, the problem is both sides are too busy advocating that it's their way or the highway that much progress gets stunted.

This comedian is doing a good job of encouraging people to step back and reassess their own opinion. Some interesting points re Target's post on comedy nonetheless.

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    The last thing I wish to be characterized as, is the member who resorted to ad hominem in reply to this thread. Sometimes you just have to call them like you see them - rules be damned.

I'm old, I'm cranky, I'm about fed-up with all the naysaying to the legitimate exposé concerning the tyranny of the Global Elite at this website, and when I see an apparent shill pushing an agenda.... well, it just pisses me off.

"Napping".... such an appropriate nic for someone with such little understanding of what they are advocating.

The first thing the Nazis did when they came to power was disarm all the "undesirables". Next, they rounded-up all those "undesirables", and summarily exterminated them. Do we learn anything from history?

I agree with everything each member articulated who has expressed their distaste for what was promoted in the OP.
    Mao took the guns Stalin took the guns, Hitler took the guns, They all took the guns , then what happened ? they took your freedom to defend yourself against a tyrannical State. It makes no sense to take the guns for reasons they portray. Sandy Hook is the best and most recent example of the lengths they will go to , ask yourself Why? Its not about protecting the children.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

alh02 (7th December 2014), Debra (15th December 2014), NancyV (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014)

24. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

the key phrase in your compelling argument is "Since that time". and to that I say YET

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jerry For This Post:

observer (6th December 2014)

26. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zamolxe (here)
    If the leaders would really want to solve Brazil's issues they could in a heartbeat, and not by arming everyone. Wouldn't that just be sweeping the issues under the rug?
    Solve the poverty, education, housing and social inequality issues and crime would disappear. Also, decriminalize drugs as most violence and corruption is related to drug trafficking in Rio.
    And I can agree with this on the terms of that we take the states guns as well, as the real statistics prove that it is the State, so called officials whom kill 100,000,000,s MORE with guns than citizens do. So your comment is well taken I just hope the fact of the matter , for you sinks in.
    Last edited by jerry; 6th December 2014 at 19:15.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

alh02 (7th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014)

28. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

I still don't know if US citizens feel safer in an American state with virtually unrestricted gun laws or in a country where guns are banned or restricted to only soldiers, farmers and possibly police.

A gun has only one function. It is built to kill something. Modern guns can kill multiple targets in seconds. I just don't think that makes anyone safer.
    As much as I agree I must counter , that yes guns are made to kill, but remember they are made to protect. A point that you seem to be over looking. Ask yourself why every alphabet agency in the US now carries one. Yet your of the mind set I cant.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th December 2014), alh02 (7th December 2014), NancyV (6th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014)

30. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    Those are good ideas Zamolxe, but they don't protect innocent people in the short term and neither do the police there apparently.

The police even in countries where guns are totally outlawed are still probably going to have access to guns, even if they don't always carry them. An of course militaries are going to have guns, and I don't hear people too often calling for their militaries to get rid of all their guns. So maybe the idea coming out of Europe is simply that not everyone is qualified enough to have a gun. Is that it?
    Posse Comitatus there was good a reason for it. things have changed

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th December 2014), alh02 (7th December 2014), NancyV (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014)

32. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

With so many of the posters supporting gun ownership, could you tell me how you people feel in countries in which it is very unlikely that the people you meet have access to guns. Do you assume that what I just wrote is wrong, and everyone really, in fact, does have guns? Would you be very worried for your safety because there are so few armed people about the place? Would you feel frightened? Would you you feel safer in the US where the woman or man next to you may have a gun in their pocket?

Have you, in fact, ever actually travelled to a country in which personal gun ownership is uncommon (not illegal, farmers are usually allowed to have simple rifles)? Did you feel any different regarding personal safety there?
    Switzerland, by the way, where gun ownership is encouraged, has the highest gun murder rate in the EU, and their rate is also high on the world scale. I think it is common sense to assume that easy access to guns would allow the death toll from gunshot to be high- for example there often seem to be tragic accidents involving the family gun.
    Im really not clear on Swiss stats but I would wager many people die at the hands of people wanting to harm them as much as those done with guns, where there's a will there's a way, taking guns will not solve the issue . So lets ban cars, trains, and planes too

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th December 2014), alh02 (7th December 2014), NancyV (6th December 2014), Nasu (6th December 2014), observer (6th December 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast