+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: [hoax] Smithsonian Admits Destroying Thousands Of Giant Human Skeletons In Early 1900′s

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: [hoax] Smithsonian Admits Destroying Thousands Of Giant Human Skeletons In Early 1900′s

I am not taking his "bait." I agree with what he wrote.

I was unaware of your "history" with him. His comments
    are valid in any case.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to David Ansible For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: [hoax] Smithsonian Admits Destroying Thousands Of Giant Human Skeletons In Early 1900′s

Quote Posted by David Ansible (here)
    I am not taking his "bait." I agree with what he wrote.

I was unaware of your "history" with him. His comments
    are valid in any case.
    duly noted, and I disagree... and re history: then you are lacking in that area... and I am basing it on info you are not privy to, by definition... not your fault, if that's your position... but it limits the value of your opinion... in this context...

Quote Posted by bodhii71 (here)
    I have seen a trend on this forum, a decay of fact checking or impulsive posts over the last year or two. This is unfortunate since it floods the forum with a myriad of posts which dilutes and misdirects... and also lessens the impact on true or relative information to what is currently happening and lessens the ability for members to communicate effectively.
    I believe the backlash you are experiencing sigma6, has more to do with this than any kind of personal vendetta against you, but perhaps this has happened before. I do not know, only that this post is misleading. Had it gone unchecked, some people would have taken this at face value believing that this truly occurred. At any rate, this equates to bad investigation (at best).
    It is easy to impulsively bite the hook, I've fallen victim to this in the past and learned from making such mistakes...to attack others who begin to question the validity of a post? I think this degenerates the entire process of the forum and likens it closer to something like FaceBook. We can and should do better.
    Then you miss the value that is right in front of you... I rather like the fact that it got sorted out so quickly, if you want to call that degenerate, you are lacking discernment in static vs dynamic... To me the input was rather fast and to the point, I do bring in points of religiosity and the cognitive dissonance, because they are very real factors and therefore I do want people to think twice... everyone is entitled to their view... what I find "degenerate" are "political operatives" who try to use these posts to pass of their own political agendas, or create psychological victim responses...

To me this "acting out stuff" (victims seeking...) has nothing to do with the topic matter at hand, ie. issue of the article, legitimacy of the information, general opinions on the topic in general... gets side tracked with comments of those who want to impose "moral evaluations" on the "quality of commentary", with no concern for degenerating the post into something that has absolutely nothing to do with the main topic... like I said there are certain patterns I have adapted to almost instinctively... unfortunately that doesn't happen in a vacuum... there's more to diplomacy then kissing up, pretending, or being politically correct... which I will have none of... thank you very much... : )
    Last edited by sigma6; 6th December 2014 at 17:33.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)

Ah sorry, exactly which "criticism"???
    Well if I would be asked to cite a source when I post something and I wouldn't have it then I would just reply that I don't have it. Going all the way to accuse others of cognitive dissonance and ordering them to go search when yourself haven't done it, otherwise it would have become apparent to you that there wasn't anything there to research, it's a bit unfair. After all asking for more information around a post could also mean GENUINE INTEREST. Have you thought about that? Would you respond in the same manner if you had accepted that aspect first?

Perhaps in all the real time postings you missed a few posts... maybe double check that...
    Indeed I had missed some posts. I still didn't see you in any of them showing any regrets for misguiding and then attacking the forum members and that's just unfortunate. Brave are the men who accept their mistakes and move on, instead of over-dramatizing situations. I couldn't care less about your past with mods, the point is can we/you move on and accept genuine interest as it is and nothing more?

Anyways those were my two cents. Have a good day.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

animovado (19th December 2014), Atlas (6th December 2014), bodhii71 (6th December 2014), David Ansible (6th December 2014)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

And now might be a good time to add a little context relating to the topic matter... I still think the suppression is overwhelming despite the fact that Cremo has been trying to get this message out for over 25 years... if you're looking for a victim... consider what they have take away from this man... all in the name of a false philosophical political agenda... (Given the evidence that Eastern philosophies are clearly more in alignment with the quantum physics for examples)

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Gerald Paris (6th December 2014), heyokah (8th December 2014)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member bodhii71's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 times in 230 posts

Then you miss the value that is right in front of you... I rather like the fact that it got sorted out so quickly, if you want to call that degenerate, you are lacking discernment in static vs dynamic... To me the input was rather fast and to the point, I do bring in points of religiosity and the cognitive dissonance, because they are very real factors and therefore I do want people to think twice... everyone is entitled to their view... what I find "degenerate" are "political operatives" who try to use these posts to pass of their own political agendas, or create psychological victim responses... To me this "acting out stuff" that has nothing to do with the topic matter at hand, ie. issue of the article, legitimacy of the information, general opinions on the topic in general gets side tracked with all these people who want to impose "moral evaluations" on the quality of commentary, with no concern for degenerating the post into something that has absolutely nothing to do with the main topic... like I said there are certain patterns I have adapted to almost instinctively... unfortunately that doesn't happen in a vacuum... there's more to diplomacy then kissing up and pretending and to be politically correct... which I will have none of... thank you very much... : )

If I lack discernment in a static vs dynamic something, has nothing to do with a bad or misleading post. Lurking on your own post to make quick, passive aggressive responses does nothing helpful for anyone.

...sigh
    You posted an article that had NO BASIS on ANY FACT. It isn't speculative, historical, or an interpretation. I do agree it is good that it was quickly remedied, one of the reasons why I enjoy this forum. Taking a few moments to investigate before making a post could have alleviated two pages of nonsense. What is even more unfortunate is now you must feel obligated to defend yourself and attack others. By your words you have further derailed the topic, and it will probably continue, since I, regrettably, replied.

I find the topic very interesting and it probably points towards a "truth". Taking a few moments to check the validity of your own post or at the very least share a link with a disclaimer... something?

If I had the ability to succinctly convey a thought, it could have been done with a single sentence, but would have probably caused greater ill will. So what do we really know of this article? It was a creation of someone, with some kind of agenda ( I imagine it took some time to write and then publish) for money, or misdirection...

I would like to believe this post was made in good faith, but all possibilities are being considered.

Best,
    Bodhi

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bodhii71 For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2014), David Ansible (6th December 2014), Hervé (6th December 2014)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fractal being (here)

Ah sorry, exactly which "criticism"???
    Well if I would be asked to cite a source when I post something and I wouldn't have it then I would just reply that I don't have it.
    duly posted...

Quote Going all the way to accuse others of cognitive dissonance and ordering them to go search when yourself haven't done it
    Already responded to...

Quote After all asking for more information around a post could also mean GENUINE INTEREST. Have you thought about that? Would you respond in the same manner if you had accepted that aspect first?
    Maybe, maybe not, hindsight is 20/20... but I am not going to repost what is already posted above ie.. same question, same answer...

Perhaps in all the real time postings you missed a few posts... maybe double check that...
    Quote Indeed I had missed some posts. I still didn't see you in any of them showing any regrets for misguiding and then attacking the forum members and that's just unfortunate.
    Then try looking for the posts that are there first, instead of "reading between the lines" of posts that don't exist (as much as you would wish it) i.e. I choose not to join in your subjective evaluations more than that... if someone wants to start a thread on the psychological interpretation of subconscious wish fulfillment I will commit to contributing...

Quote Brave are the men who accept their mistakes and move on,
    I would agree... and those would be the posts you missed as pointed out...
    Last edited by sigma6; 6th December 2014 at 18:02.

11. Link to Post #27
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

the American Institution of Alternative Archeology (AIAA)
    There is no such Institution in America.

The article appeared in World News Daily Report (http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/smit...n-early-1900s/)

Quote World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction. http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disc....7NL9S27o.dpuf
    The information presented here is a hoax.

-----------------------

I added [satire] to the title of the thread and moved it to "off-topic".
    Last edited by Atlas; 6th December 2014 at 18:22.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

bodhii71 (6th December 2014), Curt (8th December 2014), David Ansible (6th December 2014), DeDukshyn (6th December 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th December 2014), fractal being (6th December 2014), Hervé (6th December 2014), Pam (6th December 2014)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

If I lack discernment in a static vs dynamic something, has nothing to do with a bad or misleading post. Lurking on your own post to make quick, passive aggressive responses does nothing helpful for anyone.
    I think you have that complete a** backward this is the thread I started... the lurkers are people who refuse to read the posts and ask the same stupid, non topic matter questions (albeit in slightly different ways... see posts above...) otherwise what exactly is the usefulness of this ???

Quote You posted an article that had NO BASIS on ANY FACT
    au contraire, we are not arguing the existence of Giant bones, they are already established as quite real (at least imo) the article that I am referencing was the issue... (try reading the posts? it really will help you...)

Quote I do agree it is good that it was quickly remedied, one of the reasons why I enjoy this forum.
    Wonderful, thanks for appreciating that... ; )

Quote Taking a few moments to investigate before making a post could have alleviated two pages of nonsense.
    or just avoiding these types of posts altogether, I can't respond to non-existent posts

Quote What is even more unfortunate is now you must feel obligated to defend yourself
    Absolutely, I see it as a moral obligation NOT to be misunderstood... or have others twist my meaning...

Quote ...and attack others.
    can't agree here...

Quote By your words you have further derailed the topic, and it will probably continue, since I, regrettably, replied.
    most regrettable, can't argue that...

Quote So what do we really know of this article? It was a creation of someone, with some kind of agenda ( I imagine it took some time to write and then publish) for money, or misdirection...
    Hmm... ok, I honestly think you have something here... was it really a misdirection? Since in fact it could be true, if we lived in a world where truth was the highest value, so in a strange way... I still like this article, even though it appears to be false, and despite the moralizing and pity party... it has brought this to people's conscious awareness of an important issue (the real suppression of truth)... Call whoever did it what you like, using a form of cheap publicity, and maybe I wouldn't completely agree with this approach (tough call, maybe) but again given the context of a media filled with lies, this article did catch my attention and my imagination...

I think it is a good exercise, granted it was unintended, but I am glad this has got people to look at it, and think about it... the counter propaganda never stops, so why shouldn't we constantly bring to the attention of others, their constant lies too?

I have to admit, ever since I have become aware of how much suppression of these artifacts is going, ruining careers of real scientists and paying handsome salaries to suckups who know they are lying through their teeth (let's not forget that it is being done with our TAX dollars, and this agenda has to be in the billions if count the whole history... so it's a legitimate topic... So yes this article did catch my eye... and I did post it, I still don't necessarily regret it though... (just the non topic stuff weighing it down) Doesn't anybody think this archeological stuff is interesting or more important??? lol...

This only changes the entire interpretation of who and what we are, all the history books, exposes the Matrix of Deception, the Powers that be, how far they go back... does anyone have something to contribute in that dept...??? ':D
    Last edited by sigma6; 6th December 2014 at 18:36.

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Atlas (here)
    the American Institution of Alternative Archeology (AIAA)
    There is no such Institution in America.

The article appeared in World News Daily Report (http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/smit...n-early-1900s/)

Quote World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction. http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disc....7NL9S27o.dpuf
    The information presented here is a hoax.

-----------------------

I added [satire] to the title of the thread and moved it to "off-topic".
    a little late to the dung fest ... lol...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

heyokah (8th December 2014)

16. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I have seen a trend on this forum, a decay of fact checking or impulsive posts over the last year or two. This is unfortunate since it floods the forum with a myriad of posts which dilutes and misdirects... and also lessens the impact on true or relative information to what is currently happening and lessens the ability for members to communicate effectively.
    I believe the backlash you are experiencing sigma6, has more to do with this than any kind of personal vendetta against you, but perhaps this has happened before. I do not know, only that this post is misleading. Had it gone unchecked, some people would have taken this at face value believing that this truly occurred. At any rate, this equates to bad investigation (at best).
    It is easy to impulsively bite the hook, I've fallen victim to this in the past and learned from making such mistakes...to attack others who begin to question the validity of a post? I think this degenerates the entire process of the forum and likens it closer to something like FaceBook. We can and should do better.
    My experiences this last week in two different threads have led to exactly this. Why does it seem that there is trend in Avalon members where passion for truth finding and reporting is replaced with emotional drama and defense of these emotions? When we lose our ability or motivation to freely fact find, dig deeper, and be discerning without bias, then we might as well all go home, because at that point we have become more the problem than the solution.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2014), bodhii71 (6th December 2014), Corncrake (18th December 2014), Curt (8th December 2014), David Ansible (6th December 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th December 2014), Hervé (6th December 2014), Pam (6th December 2014), sigma6 (6th December 2014), ulli (6th December 2014), Verdilac (6th December 2014)

18. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I have seen a trend on this forum... ... We can and should do better.
    My experiences this last week in two different threads have led to exactly this. Why does it seem that there is trend in Avalon members where passion for truth finding and reporting is replaced with emotional drama and defense of these emotions? When we lose our ability or motivation to freely fact find, dig deeper, and be discerning without bias, then we might as well all go home, because at that point we have become more the problem than the solution.
    Agreed, the deeper message is being lost here... I think the questions about the motivation of an article like this (my previous post) is justified, as it points up the questionability and at the same time, it stays on topic about the bigger issue... which still is ... the suppression of truth, honest science, and people who are laying everything on the line to expose the truth... not to mention that we the public are getting screwed over, and are paying millions of dollars to allow that to happen, that is what I think is the issue...

All the rest is ego and cross purpose... and unnecessary...

update: Can anyone speak to the topic matter? If you want to take a moral tac, is this writer justified in trying to highlight a truth using what is most likely a false article? Can anyone speak to issue of suppression? I don't really want to get into the pros and cons of marketing methods... I'd rather focus on the breach of trust of the Smithsonian institute? - that this article does point up... I'm not shooting the messenger, because I don't completely know his/her motivations... But I do think that researchers like Cremo and what they have contributed is terribly understated...
    Last edited by sigma6; 6th December 2014 at 18:56.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

20. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Then try looking for the posts that are there first, instead of "reading between the lines" of posts that don't exist (as much as you would wish it) i.e. I choose not to join in your subjective evaluations more than that... if someone wants to start a thread on the psychological interpretation of subconscious wish fulfillment I will commit to contributing...
    Well I believe it's the first time we interact in this forum, so you don't know me and thus you are forgiven. I see that you have a unique talent in quoting every tiny statement without really addressing any of the points and creating/imagining intentions that are not there, so good luck with chasing windmills... Anyhow I'll be wise now and listen to what my grandma always said: "Never argue with idiots. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

My apologies to the rest forum members for derailing this thread even though the article is a hoax and I don't see a real topic.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2014), David Ansible (6th December 2014)

22. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

I think this thread is the perfect example of what the zios and mossad want to happen (where this article came from). Mossad's motto is something to the tune of 'By deception thou shall conduct war.' By taking a topic of truth and injecting lies / disinfo into it, they discredit the truth and sew seeds of distrust and negative discourse and, therefore, cloud the waters and create divisions. This is so old hat and we must rise above it because it's causing us to miss and now probably dismiss what is incredibly important information.

Matt

[I personally disagree this should be reclassified as satire. The original publication is NOT meant as satire in my opinion, it's meant as an attack on truth. I would never call an obvious mossad psy op satire.]
    Last edited by Matt P; 6th December 2014 at 19:09.
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2014), bodhii71 (6th December 2014), heyokah (8th December 2014), Pam (6th December 2014), sigma6 (6th December 2014)

24. Link to Post #34
    Romania Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    I don't know why the author chose this photo for the article,it discredits what he is writing about. The bone was taken from the Smithonian in the mid thirties and kept hidden until the man that stole the femur died. Why do we have a hokey picture of a guy with a regular shovel and a perfectly clean bone standing there, obviously not taken in the 1930's? Anyway, I think it is important for folks writing about this kind of thing to try to hold up to scrutiny and provide accurate info and photos.
    There's a thousand photos out there about these giant bones, what is with all this bizarre commentary, like you all arrived on the planet yesterday?... has no one heard of this before?... I thought this was old news...

The important message is that the truth is being exposed, in the very halls of the people who created the lie in the first place... the liars are being caught and exposed. Just like the Piltdown man, the jig is up, it's ok to pull your head out of the sand, for all the people too afraid to think, that need to see the "proof"

First off this was all self evident logic... but I thought for all the people who perceive "fake courts full of Freemason's as the holy gospel" crowd, this would help them, but cognitive dissonance is obviously alive and well... what other explanation for these bizarre responses???

You should be rejoicing... or are you just looking at this from a creationist point of view? If that is the case your mind is really muddled... and you're going to have to do even more research on that... lol...

peterpam only highlited an obvious pertinent fact, that the photo was absurdly linked to this article, never did he make it obvious if he believes or not that giants existed.
    You, on the other hand called this comment "bizzare" and suggested that he "arrived on the planet yesterday".
    It seems that you have a very powerful emotional response when people comment against what you post, even if their comment was objective and rational, the fact that it contradicts what you post makes it instantly wrong.

You could have taken in what he said and just agree that the photo can't have anything to do with a femur found in the 1930s, making the article lose some of its credibility.. instead, you went on tilt.

25. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fractal being (here)
    Well I believe it's the first time we interact in this forum, so you don't know me and thus you are forgiven. I see that you have a unique talent in quoting every tiny statement without really addressing any of the points and creating/imagining intentions that are not there, so good luck with chasing windmills... Anyhow I'll be wise now and listen to what my grandma always said: "Never argue with idiots. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

My apologies to the rest forum members for derailing this thread even though the article is a hoax and I don't see a real topic.
    truly heartfelt... I guess the idea that there is an institution that has been misapplying millions of dollars of funds, for the purpose of maintaining false agendas, which in turn consumes millions more in funds in universities teaching more misinformation... and all this the tip of an iceberg... really does pale in comparison to these subjective defenses of triviality... it is so tempting to want to join in... but alas, there is a bigger world out there... real or not, the article does point to something important... I still think that is an important matter of discussion...

Or how naive the human race is for allowing it? no matter how many times it is pointed up, no matter how much times they are beaten over the head with it? (thus the cartoon anvil analogy...) what compels people to obsess about the leaves and not see the forest?

i.e. There is another aspect to all this... when people think that nothing can be done, they engage in what is called "learned helplessness" i.e. they are incapable of making any effort at even attempting to raise themselves out of undesirable situations... but instead do meaningless tasks... a form of stress relief, stress behaviour...

This is also part of the social programming, lest we forget... To my mind, there are just too many higher level issues at stake to allow this sort of thing to bog us down. Is it possible that people might consider maybe trying to will themselves to aspire to something higher?... If there is any "trend" this seem to be more pervasive, and maybe justifiably so... this is a major factor, (as I succumb to the temptation of engaging in the detraction myself...) This is part of the reason why I don't want to get into all the "reasons" why people engage in certain behaviours... it's not a simple topic... besides having absolutely nothing to do with the main topic matter...

That said... I am still open to anyone who might raise themselves to the level of speaking to the issue of the Smithsonian being exposed as the opposite of what it purports to be... ie. scientific, when it is engaging in gross deception... or on the legitimacy of the author using the same blatant model of propaganda to justify getting publicity for his/her message. Which you can't deny... he/she certainly did achieve...

26. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

update: Can anyone speak to the topic matter? If you want to take a moral tac, is this writer justified in trying to highlight a truth using what is most likely a false article? Can anyone speak to issue of suppression?
    I use the term "you" in this post a lot - I am using it in general and on a soapbox speaking to all ...

The issue does go both directions.

We do have people posting things that they want or feel strongly to be true, where an emotional attachment is tied to the thing being presented; resulting in any questioning of the presentation creating a feeling of attack, in turn resulting in an emotionally fueled defense.

On the other hand, to use your thread as an example, you did seem to post something that you wanted to fit with a theme of yours that the Smithsonian is not trustable or is up to something - this seemed to fit so you grabbed it and posted it as though it were fact without trying to really get to the source article or to verify the lawsuit. You likely had a hidden emotional attachment that didn't want the story to be untrue. If you would have presented the article as more of a "what do you guys think of this?" - you would have sidestepped that attachment and I am sure the truth would have been found and presented more quickly and eloquently.

That said, looking at all the posts that just said "BS" and gave you crap for posting it - none, other than Atlas' had much to offer in the way of putting the debate to rest - before that only resulted in more more infighting and no resolution or motivation to get to the truth. Hence the problem can go two ways, but it is the same problem just in the opposite direction.

We have to understand that the enemy is more inside our minds than "out there" hiding giant bones, and chemtrail secrets. Unless we can see clearly that this phenomenon that we as humans re-create and act out every day, take notice of it, and step away from the emotional reaction / attachment to our strongly held beliefs, we will always be under "their" control -- always. Without being able to prevent your ego from abusing your emotions in order to create more negative emotions within yourself and in others, then their source of energy is secured and their control over humanity is also secured. This is where the shift will occur. Revelations of the truth may be catalysts for this process to some extent, but really, as long as we keep doing this, sustaining the Fall every single waking day, then our controllers are not too worried about anything else.

That is the way I see it. Believe nothing and consider everything.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 6th December 2014 at 19:38.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2014), bodhii71 (6th December 2014)

28. Link to Post #37
    Romania Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    I think this thread is the perfect example of what the zios and mossad want to happen (where this article came from). Mossad's motto is something to the tune of 'By deception thou shall conduct war.' By taking a topic of truth and injecting lies / disinfo into it, they discredit the truth and sew seeds of distrust and negative discourse and, therefore, cloud the waters and create divisions. This is so old hat and we must rise above it because it's causing us to miss and now probably dismiss what is incredibly important information.

Matt

[I personally disagree this should be reclassified as satire. The original publication is NOT meant as satire in my opinion, it's meant as an attack on truth. I would never call an obvious mossad psy op satire.]

Exactly!
    These articles won't make US (alternative community) believe even more that giants existed. We already believe that.

On the other hand, a logical and rational person that doesn't know anything about suppressed history will read this article, see the photo, see the other 'hoax'-signs, realize it's a fake and will never believe anything after that moment that he hears about giants.

When you try to point these obvious dumb articles to anyone that posts them on avalon, they immediatly go defensive and associate you with a non believer.

For example, someone posts an article claiming that santa claus was involved in 9-11. if you tell them that the article is absolute garbage... they'll go after you saying "oh, so you believe 9-11 was not a false flag?"

Users here go over their head protecting their posts, even if it may be clear as daylight that they are wrong.

29. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zamolxe (here)
    Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    I don't know why the author chose this photo for the article,it discredits what he is writing about. The bone was taken from the Smithonian in the mid thirties and kept hidden until the man that stole the femur died. Why do we have a hokey picture of a guy with a regular shovel and a perfectly clean bone standing there, obviously not taken in the 1930's? Anyway, I think it is important for folks writing about this kind of thing to try to hold up to scrutiny and provide accurate info and photos.
    There's a thousand photos out there about these giant bones, what is with all this bizarre commentary, like you all arrived on the planet yesterday?... has no one heard of this before?... I thought this was old news...

The important message is that the truth is being exposed, in the very halls of the people who created the lie in the first place... the liars are being caught and exposed. Just like the Piltdown man, the jig is up, it's ok to pull your head out of the sand, for all the people too afraid to think, that need to see the "proof"

First off this was all self evident logic... but I thought for all the people who perceive "fake courts full of Freemason's as the holy gospel" crowd, this would help them, but cognitive dissonance is obviously alive and well... what other explanation for these bizarre responses???

You should be rejoicing... or are you just looking at this from a creationist point of view? If that is the case your mind is really muddled... and you're going to have to do even more research on that... lol...

peterpam only highlited an obvious pertinent fact, that the photo was absurdly linked to this article, never did he make it obvious if he believes or not that giants existed.
    You, on the other hand called this comment "bizzare" and suggested that he "arrived on the planet yesterday".
    It seems that you have a very powerful emotional response when people comment against what you post, even if their comment was objective and rational, the fact that it contradicts what you post makes it instantly wrong.

You could have taken in what he said and just agree that the photo can't have anything to do with a femur found in the 1930s, making the article lose some of its credibility.. instead, you went on tilt.
    The suggestion was obvious, the article never suggested that the photo was of a guy from the 1930's???? So where did that come from? Thus his assumption (misperception) created the argument, and thus made it bizarre... now your suggestion that it is rational is assumptive, because he created a false rationale that the article suggested this is a picture from the 1930's?... point is anyone can play this game, notice how your desire to comment on your personal (subjective evaluation) is greater then any response to the topic... So of course I take issue with it... you should exercise your logic to the totality of the article not the micro portion of someones unfounded assumption...

Thread is still open to anyone who has anything related maybe to the article itself... perhaps we can clarify what it is saying, then discuss what is legitimate and what is false, obviously there is much weight the court case doesn't have any reference... but oddly no one has commented, with rare exception of mpennery and a couple others on the topic of the Smithsonian! or the suppression of archeological artifacts...
    Last edited by sigma6; 6th December 2014 at 19:46.

30. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zamolxe (here)

Matt

Exactly!
    These articles won't make US (alternative community) believe even more that giants existed. We already believe that.

On the other hand, a logical and rational person that doesn't know anything about suppressed history will read this article, see the photo, see the other 'hoax'-signs, realize it's a fake and will never believe anything after that moment that he hears about giants.

When you try to point these obvious dumb articles to anyone that posts them on avalon, they immediatly go defensive and associate you with a non believer.

For example, someone posts an article claiming that santa claus was involved in 9-11. if you tell them that the article is absolute garbage... they'll go after you saying "oh, so you believe 9-11 was not a false flag?"

Users here go over their head protecting their posts, even if it may be clear as daylight that they are wrong.
    But our discussion of it will, awesome... now that is more to the spirit I speak of .... and I agree there is an issue there... But this very same issue was started by some individual quite some time back who came forward to "claim" that he had faked a bunch of photos on the internet of Giant bones... And of course that made it to the mainstream, and surely confused the issue for millions... but these types of posts also have a double whammy effect, because it also brought a lot of attention to the whole issue of Giants in general... so was it all bad? not completely...

And this is what I think we should be discussing certainly, the pros and cons of such articles... I commend you... for highlighting that exact issue, same for mpennery... I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater... I have a strange feeling we might not be the only ones obsessing on this issue, I think there may be high emotions on many sides of this issue. For me it was the aspect of exposing the Smithsonian...

None-the-less this very deception is why we are all here... not the deception of the article writer alone, but what he is pointing up... Actually the more I think about it, the more I think he may very well have hit on a viral subject matter... his "deception" being part of it... viral marketing is still cutting edge, still not a formula, and there are a lot of people investing a lot of energy and research into this topic as well... that is a whole a topic in itself (and a worthy one if you are into that...)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

32. Link to Post #40
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

I changed the title of this thread from: "[satire] Smithsonian Admits Destroying Thousands Of Giant Human Skeletons In Early 1900′s"

to: "[hoax] Smithsonian Admits Destroying Thousands Of Giant Human Skeletons In Early 1900′s"

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

David Ansible (6th December 2014), DeDukshyn (6th December 2014), ThePythonicCow (6th December 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast