+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SWPC Website Transition on Dec 9th, 2014

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Default SWPC Website Transition on Dec 9th, 2014

I just found out that there have been some changes made to a few of my "Sun" data collection sites... many 404 error messages... My first thought was "WTHeck? Are they taking this info from us too, now?

Well, I'm not one to be left standing in a cold hallway emptyhanded... and I did some extra clicking... and I found this... so I'm sharing:

Quote SWPC WEBSITE TRANSITION ON DECEMBER 9TH
    published: Friday, December 05, 2014 14:26 UTC

SWPC is pleased to announce that it will be switching to our new website on December 9th. When the site change is implemented www.spaceweather.gov and www.swpc.noaa.gov will link to the new website that is currently in final beta release at origin-www.swpc.noaa.gov. SWPC’s legacy website will be available to all users for a transition period of at least 60 days (with the exception of POES satellite products which will be discontinued December 31). The legacy website will be located at legacy-www.swpc.noaa.gov.

Please note that if you have bookmarks or automatic links to pages on the old website, these links will no longer work. Most of the content will be available on the new site under new links and we will work with customers who bring up specific content issues to ensure that their links are re-established on the new site.

Since April 2014, NOAA’s Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) has sought feedback from stakeholders and customers via a survey on the beta release of the new website. We will continue to respond to feedback from stakeholders and customers regarding issues of content or behavior of the new site as we go through this transition to operational status.

For questions or feedback regarding this action, please use our feedback form.
    http://origin-www.swpc.noaa.gov/news...december-9th-0

Here's the new "home" site for the merged NOAA-SWPC:

http://origin-www.swpc.noaa.gov/

(Cough-cough.... origin?)

OH! And there's this notice:

Quote Service Interruption – Saturday, December 13th
    published: Friday, December 05, 2014 14:27 UTC

On Saturday, December 13th, SWPC operations will be temporarily suspended due to facility power system maintenance. The outage window is between 6:00 AM and 6:00PM Mountain Standard Time on that day. During this time all SWPC forecast and alert products, data products, and email Product Subscription Service will be suspended. SWPC's website will remain in service, but all data will be stale until the power outage has concluded. In the event of active space weather or a reasonable chance of active space weather, this maintenance will be postponed. Phone notification of key stakeholders and customers currently receiving that level of support will continue uninterrupted during this outage
    http://origin-www.swpc.noaa.gov/news...-december-13th

Have fun perusing the new site! I've already gotten lost several times...
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Desire (9th December 2014), justntime2learn (15th December 2014), sheme (15th December 2014), Stephanie (11th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: SWPC Website Transition on Dec 9th, 2014

Frustrating.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Default Re: SWPC Website Transition on Dec 9th, 2014

Yes... I've just passed the past 2 hours reworking a lot of bookmarkers....uffa!

Even popular sites like SolarHam are KO for now! They will have to rework all of their glif links, too.....
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

+ Reply to Thread