+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Inevitable Destruction of the Skeptic

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Default The Inevitable Destruction of the Skeptic

Wrote another blog article recently about how the 'skeptical paradigm' will come crashing to a fall eventually, destroyed by it's own sword, science.

Full article:
    Quote The Inevitable Destruction of the Skeptic

People who have an overly skeptical view will have their paradigm(s) eventually destroyed by science. It is only a matter of time. 'The skeptic' has an expiration date, and that expiration date is when science discovers various things, discoveries that are coming up for humanity. For example the irrefutable discovery of the soul in all lifeforms. Or the scientific discovery of reincarnation or chakras. The discovery of other dimensions, and other universes. The discovery of this universes origins (definitively). Extraterrestrial realities alone will destroy skeptics in time. All the left brained rhetoric by skeptics over the decades on the internet will become a fossil in mankinds past. Science will eventually destroy the skeptic paradigm. It will be an example of what not to be after the truth comes out. Just how long will it take for the truth to come out? I do not know...

I have had some telepathic contact regarding skepticism... It is very hard to sum up the meaning of what I was conveyed telepathically. It was in concept mostly. Part of it was something along the lines of "skeptics become a joke after a while". Or something like "The last laugh is on them, continuously, until the ideology dies out and becomes extinct."

Those who have been on forums with a wide variety of views know the type... 'The skeptic' Always latching onto TPTB created debunkings, all UFOs are military or refractions off jupiter mixing with swamp gas in the atmosphere... Basically stuck in materialistic scientism mindsets, left brain dominant mental illness. Granted there are all sorts of flaws in believers mindsets that help predictively program them into thinking what they do... And sometimes the rabid debunker can be helpful to a discussion so I am not saying they do not ever have any value...

Reality is complex enough for skeptics to have some things right. I am personally skeptical of some popular things(popular in the alternative community anyway for most of it). Skepticism has value, don't get me wrong.. I know balanced skepticism has value... What will be destroyed is overly skeptical mindsets. The fine balance of skepticism and open mindedness is a rare thing in this day and age. I will write an article about my ideas behind that in the future.

One common thought I do like myself is: "How did ancient culture know these things?" Well the answer to that is extraterrestrials. I am unsure if science will prove the soul after global first contact or before, but I look forward to future scientific discoveries, and the eventual destruction of 'the skeptic'.
    Source link: http://omnisense.blogspot.com/2014/1...f-skeptic.html
    Last edited by Omni; 10th December 2014 at 22:29.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th December 2014), Agape (10th December 2014), Benimal (10th December 2014), BF88 (10th December 2014), Bob (10th December 2014), Cidersomerset (11th December 2014), Deega (12th December 2014), Hughe (10th December 2014), Jayren (11th December 2014), joeecho (11th December 2014), JRS (11th December 2014), Lefty Dave (11th December 2014), Mandala (11th December 2014), Mark (14th December 2014), Maunagarjana (11th December 2014), Milneman (10th December 2014), mountain_jim (11th December 2014), NancyV (11th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (11th December 2014), shadowstalker (11th December 2014), Tyy1907 (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (10th December 2014), yelik (14th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Default Re: The Inevitable Destruction of the Skeptic

Plus skeptics are no fun at parties. Although they hardly get to where they're going because...well....they don't know where they're going.....

erm...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Agape (10th December 2014), NancyV (11th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (11th December 2014), Omni (10th December 2014), shadowstalker (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

It makes all the difference in the world if you're an open minded skeptic or an closed minded one. Closed-mindedness usually tends to lead to dogmatism.

Here Rupert Sheldrake talks about the subject.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th December 2014), Agape (10th December 2014), ceetee9 (11th December 2014), JRS (11th December 2014), Lefty Dave (11th December 2014), Maunagarjana (11th December 2014), NancyV (11th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (11th December 2014), Omni (10th December 2014), shadowstalker (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), yelik (14th December 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    Plus skeptics are no fun at parties. Although they hardly get to where they're going because...well....they don't know where they're going.....

erm...
    "The interesting thing about skeptics is that we're always looking for proof. The question is what on Earth would we do if we found it?"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th December 2014), NancyV (11th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (11th December 2014), shadowstalker (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,396 times in 4,617 posts

But don't give up on the uncertainty principle , and other cosmic laws . Every skeptic too is subject to change ..
    in fact , I think that people subject themselves to personal skepticism in order to speed their evolution .
    When they get skeptical 'just about everything' , they eventually even blast themselves to the air , with laboratory or not .

Skepticism is one of the last and toughest hurdles on the way to Truth .. in my opinion.

Great article Omni

Peace

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (11th December 2014), Omni (10th December 2014), shadowstalker (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014), yelik (14th December 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)

erm...
    "The interesting thing about skeptics is that we're always looking for proof. The question is what on Earth would we do if we found it?"
    I agree with you, Omni, they will inevitably be exposed as the dense and obstinate fools they are who have been holding back humanity's progress for far too long.

This constant demand for proof by the skeptic to me is based in a naive expectation that everything that is real should be provable, or provable without too much difficulty. Why should we expect this? And just because something is unprovable or extremely hard to prove, does that mean that it can't be known? There are many things I think that you can't prove to someone else, but you could prove it to yourself, IF you were willing to put yourself through certain subjective experiments. But that's too much commitment for most skeptics. They'd rather have their preferred types of evidence handed to them on a silver platter in a way that is satisfying.

Also, what I've noticed is that many can't distinguish between "proof" and "evidence". Some things may not be proven, but there is a great deal of supporting evidence for it of various kinds. Very often I will show skeptics things and they will dismiss it as "anecdotal", which is fine. I understand that anecdotal is the weakest form of evidence. But it's still evidence. And just because it's anecdotal doesn't mean it's wise to disregard it, which is what they always seem to do. I mean, science has a very high standard, necessarily so, but science is not the sole arbiter of what is real. That's another absurd and naive expectation, that the scientific method as it is practiced should be able to account for all that exists.

If you were to take many of these controversial subjects that skeptics attack into a court of law, the outcome would be very different. There would be no shortage of credible eyewitnesses to give testimony about paranormal and alien subjects. Multiple credible eyewitnesses can put an individual in prison for decades or even get them the death penalty. In a court of law, anecdotal evidence (witness testimony) carries a lot of weight, especially if there is supporting physical evidence or documented evidence of some kind. I think it's ridiculous that people want to try to denigrate all anecdotal evidence. It's like they want to remove subjectivity from science altogether. But subjectivity is the very basis of empiricism. All empiricism is based in simple observation, and there is no observation without subjectivity.
    Last edited by Maunagarjana; 11th December 2014 at 10:52.
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

bellaruche (12th December 2014), Joe Sustaire (11th December 2014), kemo (11th December 2014), NancyV (11th December 2014), Omni (11th December 2014), shadowstalker (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Skepticism has a destination in that reality is flawed but that is where the beauty in it lies.

In a sense 'mind/ thought' is a flaw. The irony is that one could not debate the utility of the skeptic if it wasn't for this very flaw.

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

I think I know what you mean, Omniverse, but as Wind said it makes a difference whether you are an open minded skeptic or a close minded skeptic. I am a skeptic in that I believe nothing for an absolute certainty, but I also do not disbelieve. I basically don't waste my time believing since to me that is the opposite of being a skeptic. A believer has seen evidence or heard theories that convince them something is true. Then they believe. I prefer to not get stuck in any beliefs because then I also won't be open minded and I might miss out on other possibilities.

No matter how much evidence is presented to prove something it may not actually prove it. It may convince me that it seems like a workable hypothesis, so I may feel like something is likely to be the way someone says it is, but I can never be 100% sure. I even feel that way about my own experiences of OBE's for many years, of meeting incredible beings on many dimensions, of merging with Source. I don't know with an absolute certainty what exactly I am experiencing and how to describe it accurately to others....and I certainly do not expect others to believe me 100%. In fact, I believe that nothing can be proved completely. (oops, that sounds like a belief! LOL)

So I am a happy skeptic with a completely open mind to the possibility that anything could exist....or it may all be a grand illusion. I do have preferences. Preferences don't need to be right or wrong. They are personal and depend only on how they make me feel. If something or someone makes me feel good, I develop a preference for it or them. I find I am much happier not trying to find a set reality for everyone else and I truly don't care if they are a skeptic or a believer. I find both to be almost equally close minded. I prefer the happy medium which for me is to believe nothing, be open to anything and do what feels good.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

joeecho (12th December 2014), Maunagarjana (11th December 2014), Omni (11th December 2014), Sebastion (11th December 2014), wegge (14th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

The title of this thread really caught my eye. The increase in vibrations is starting to expose the truth ready or not. The skeptics are going to fight tooth and nail to defend their realities. "Bend like a green reed and bend with what's happening or stand there with your back straight and bust off." -Red Elk

As far as the soul, I just had a conversation with my wife the other day about the fact that zero mainstream research has went into studying the human soul. Nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks that.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Agape (11th December 2014), Omni (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

For the self-confessed 'sceptics' in my UFO group, I think their scepticism amounts to a belief system. They are still on the fence as to whether ETs exist or whether they have been visiting us, whereas I think that the evidence is overwhelming if you are prepared to look for it. Isn't also rather smug or safe to dismiss "anecdotal" (not a word I like as it implies storytelling) evidence. It's so easy to keep saying "show me" when of course they know damned well that any physical evidence of UFOs is buried under umpteen levels of security. Everyone must I suppose live within their own notion of what is reality or what they are prepared to accept or consider. But I think it is true that some of the theories and hypotheses put forward by some scientists today are literally beyond belief, and eventually many cherished notions will have to be abandoned in the fullness of time. There will be nowhere to hide, if you will. Indeed didn't Ben Rich say something like everything you can imagine we already know how to do. And that was then.

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Great Tread, but I wonder!, as long as we continue living in the Dualistic Paradigm, Skeptics will continue trying to destabilized new theories, new things!

And, the work of the Skeptics ain't always negative! For the one who thinks that his theory is universal, it should be tested (at least in the Science World), usually peers groups do that, but in the unscientific world, it's different!

The best to everyone!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Agape (11th December 2014), Conehead (11th December 2014), Omni (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

erm...
    I believe the closed-minded skeptic would deny the proof. These people aren't really interested in finding truth. They seek only to reinforce their particular belief system and anything that challenges that belief system is an enemy to be discredited or destroyed at all costs.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Maunagarjana (12th December 2014), Omni (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014)

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

I think open-minded skepticism is a good and healthy thing. When one is presented with something that goes against their beliefs or values they should be skeptical, but in an open-minded manner. No one has all the answers to anything so it behooves all of us to be ever vigilant to seek the truth and be ready, willing, and able to accept the truth when sufficient credible evidence is presented to us.

It's not an easy thing to change ones belief systems--particularly when they are deeply held and have been taught to us by people whom we love and respect. But if we are truly interested in finding the truth and evolving in a positive direction, not only as a person but as a species, then it is essential that we remain open and ready to change as new and better evidence is presented to us.
    Last edited by ceetee9; 11th December 2014 at 17:44.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Maunagarjana (12th December 2014), NancyV (12th December 2014), Omni (11th December 2014), william r sanford72 (12th December 2014), Wind (11th December 2014)

25. Link to Post #14
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

erm...
    It's one of them there things that the southern baptists call "self refuting"....ergo, if one ever finds one's self in the presence of a philosophical system that ends in skepticism, it is false.

And no fun at a party.

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

If I or anyone was a science fiction writer and decided to write a religion and then proceeded to refer to it as dogma and the truth, wouldn't you be skeptical?

You're not? Great! Then I have a stairway to heaven to sell you. I am running a special this month only. It is on sell for the low low price of everything you own. Don't wait, there is a limited number and this will not be offered again n 2015. The fate of your eternal soul rests on making your decision today, operators are standing by to take your order. Praise the lord!

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by joeecho (here)
    You're not? Great! Then I have a stairway to heaven to sell you. I am running a special this month only. It is on sell for the low low price of everything you own. Don't wait, there is a limited number and this will not be offered again n 2015. The fate of your eternal soul rests on making your decision today, operators are standing by to take your order. Praise the lord!

Where does it start from , usually ?

I'll tell you what skeptics do , mostly they collect materials like ants do then build a submarine .. Idealists on the other hand look to the Skies and do nothing .

There's to be equal share of skeptics and idealists to go to Stars at the end ,

but then we forgot about Republicans and Democrats.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

joeecho (14th December 2014)

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    I'll tell you what skeptics do , mostly they collect materials like ants do then build a submarine .. Idealists on the other hand look to the Skies and do nothing .
    There's to be equal share of skeptics and idealists to go to Stars at the end ,
    Ideally they both skeptically spin the roulette wheel.

Imagine that!

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

This world is a happening , phenomenologically .. ideally , like a throwing down a large pile of cubes that run in endless rivers to all sides forming a 'great whirlpool' of existence ..

so even if it all rotates according to smaller or higher system order .. there still remains great chance for what you call anomalous events because that's what Life is according to one of your science theories ..

mankind itself is a unique manifestation of great cosmic anomaly .

Imagine all the 1 000 000 s of unique faces .. unique character .... in fact, do not get terrified ( Oh Son of Noble Family ) when you meet with the great vision to truth that exceeds boundaries of this Planet, and this time-space ..

your Mind there ( not ? ) a manifestation of cosmic anomaly .

Space is uniquely greater when it fixes its anomalies than when it was before they occurred ..

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

joeecho (15th December 2014)

+ Reply to Thread