+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banned TED Talk: Nick Hanauer "Rich people don't create jobs"

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Default Banned TED Talk: Nick Hanauer "Rich people don't create jobs"

"Published on 17 May 2012
    Via Business Insider: "As the war over income inequality wages on, super-rich Seattle entrepreneur Nick Hanauer has been raising the hackles of his fellow 1-percenters, espousing the contrarian argument that rich people don't actually create jobs. The position is controversial — so much so that TED is refusing to post a talk that Hanauer gave on the subject. National Journal reports today that TED officials decided not to put Hanauer's March 1 speech up online after deeming his remarks "too politically controversial" for the site..."."

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), aranuk (15th December 2014), Aspen (15th December 2014), Bluegreen (15th December 2014), boja (15th December 2014), Buzzie (14th December 2014), Chip (15th December 2014), Chrononaut (15th December 2014), DNA (15th December 2014), fourty-two (15th December 2014), fractal being (15th December 2014), grannyfranny100 (14th December 2014), Ikarusion (15th December 2014), jerry (14th December 2014), Joe Sustaire (15th December 2014), lelmaleh (16th December 2014), Matt P (15th December 2014), Observer1964 (15th December 2014), Pilgrim (15th December 2014), Pweeky (15th December 2014), Reinhard (15th December 2014), RunningDeer (15th December 2014), sandy (15th December 2014), seko (15th December 2014), Skyhaven (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014), Wind (15th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Default Re: Banned TED Talk: Nick Hanauer "Rich people don't create jobs"

Excellent post I will be adding this to my viral files thanks Klight

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), ElfeMya (15th December 2014), ktlight (15th December 2014), sandy (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Thanks, banned because it contained some truth for a change.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), Bluegreen (15th December 2014), ElfeMya (15th December 2014), ktlight (15th December 2014), Matt P (15th December 2014), sandy (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

Yes, very nice to hear some truth clearly stated!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), Aspen (15th December 2014), Bluegreen (15th December 2014), ElfeMya (15th December 2014), ktlight (15th December 2014), Matt P (15th December 2014), sandy (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,420 times in 10,157 posts

The guy receives a standing O, and gets banned.
    Why is it that we always laugh at the truth? (Hicks, this guy, Carlin, etc.)

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), bluestflame (16th December 2014), ElfeMya (15th December 2014), ktlight (15th December 2014), Matt P (15th December 2014), sandy (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

I never have have recieved a job from a poor person....Just saying these are just Far Far left liberal
    talking points perpetuated by people like Elizbeth Warren, Hillary Clinton and BO. I'm not knocking all
    Liberals but IMO this is just hogwash.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    I never have have recieved a job from a poor person....Just saying these are just Far Far left liberal
    talking points perpetuated by people like Elizbeth Warren, Hillary Clinton and BO. I'm not knocking all
    Like he says in the video, business owners only hire employees when they have to in order to increase profits, not just to be nice and give more people jobs so they can share their profits with more people. If I owned a business I would be hiring only the bare minimum number of people to get the work done, and you can count on that.

There is the left/right political spectrum, and then there is an actual science to economics that exists regardless of what political bent you happen to have. I personally don't give lawn clippings about politics and political talking points, but the economic system we have in place now, we should all agree, is not working.

We can come at this from a historical perspective as well, that people who gain power or authority will, as a rule, only seek to do things which will increase the power and authority that they already have. It seems to be human nature, outside of a few rare cases like the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius or George Washington. In the case of the wealthy, they'll find ways to collect more money for themselves, and of course they have an advantage over the poor since they already have lots of money. The people who go from rags to riches are rare cases and in any case contribute nothing to fixing the overall economic situation. If you think the system as it operates today is working, then we have very different ideas of why economic policies exist in the first place.

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

The backbone of the economy of the US, and probably every other country in the world, are small businesses, which I think are 50 employees or less. Small businesses account for about 95% of job creation, if memory serves (been awhile since I looked at the numbers). A majority of small business owners are not wealthy so this headline makes sense. And, as Nick pretty much says, it's absurd that the vast majority of tax breaks (i.e. corporate welfare) goes to the largest, wealthiest corporations. It's called theft and it was never about job creation.
    One of the ways this inequality is maintained is through the purchase of goods. Rich people pay far less for goods than poor and middle class. For example, consider the purchase of a 100,000 dollar home. A rich person, who can pay for the home all at once, pays the actual cost of 100,000. The poor or middle class family, that must purchase the home with a loan, ends up paying 2 or 3 times the value of the home. Same with cars and other larger goods. As others have said before, we do not have free market capitalism in the US. The entire system is a rigged shell game designed to keep and increase the disparity between the haves and have nots.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

15. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), Aspen (15th December 2014), Bluegreen (16th December 2014), Carmody (15th December 2014), DeDukshyn (16th December 2014), grannyfranny100 (15th December 2014), jagman (17th December 2014), jcocks (16th December 2014), jerry (22nd December 2014), jjjones (15th December 2014), Joe Sustaire (15th December 2014), ktlight (15th December 2014), Matisse (15th December 2014), seko (15th December 2014), skyflower (16th December 2014), Skyhaven (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

It's really simple. Wealth that is accumulated and not used, is parasitical, at best.

The equations, the notions of what money does, mathematically, as connected to cultural and social function within humanity..those equations are actually very simple, no matter how one might like to cloud the issue.

Of course, one can keep making up 'what if' statements, to counter what I'm saying and meaning.

In most cases of such, as a counter to my statement, it is a self confusion by the person countering, or a direct attempt to cloud the base issue so that people do not see it for what it is.

Accumulation and leveraging of money by incomplete humans is almost, to a 100% level, a disaster for humanity.

Imagine a herd of 100,000 animals that weigh 200lbs on average. Each requires a certain amount of body fat, in order to be 'mobile' and effective within their given environment. Lets say, 20lbs of fat.

Imagine that 99,999 of them are a bit thin, even in a field where resource is abundant. (basically, that is the state of the world today) Imagine that one of them has 2.5 million pounds of fat on it's body.

That is the rich person in a crowd. Fundamentally, it makes no sense. It cannot exist in the real world, so it hides behind layers of mechanism (finance, economy ,etc) so it is difficult to see (for most people) the very shape and 'reasonable functionality' in the inequality. They can't see it, for there is none in a functional world. The fictionalized layers shape it's 'reason' but it is a falsified reasoning, designed to continue and support oligarchy via a good fit with desires and fears of humans.

Within the idea of a group functioning, accumulation of wealth like that, makes zero sense. It's not about perfect sharing, its about Unreasonable and entirely ineffectual singular levers and controls. Levers that are effective for the one only, over that of the welfare of the many.

Free energy, or over unity energy, has the ability to take all those rich person and oligarchical controls that money exhibits, it has the ability to make absolute mockeries out of those purposely built levers and controls.

And in that moment, all those who currently control the levers and mechanisms, they will go on trial, in the most real sense. It would take time to take shape, but when that happens the world of people begging for a bit of the very abundant fat that exists now, those people who are psychologically tied to the extant system (and can see no other) those will turn on the 'rich and controlling' in a heartbeat.

Those who hide in the backdrop now, those who attempt to limit via control, will be lucky if they even survive in the form of a genetic trace. I'm just reading the writing on the wall, nothing more.

This is part of the fundamental that has a small group of oligarchs that are trying like hell to control and dumb down humanity, to kill it off, at the same time they separate humanity into 'levels' of intelligence, via genetic downturn. (Using the 1984 type controls and ultimately into a 'brave new world' of genetically separated people) That's your Nazi cabal end of things, vs those who are more reasonable.
    Last edited by Carmody; 15th December 2014 at 17:13.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

17. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), Aspen (15th December 2014), Bluegreen (16th December 2014), bluestflame (16th December 2014), fractal being (22nd December 2014), jerry (22nd December 2014), Joe Sustaire (15th December 2014), JRS (16th December 2014), ktlight (18th December 2014), lelmaleh (16th December 2014), Limor Wolf (16th December 2014), Matt P (16th December 2014), noprophet (16th December 2014), Pilgrim (15th December 2014), Reinhard (15th December 2014), seko (15th December 2014), skyflower (16th December 2014), Sophocles (15th December 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th December 2014), ThePythonicCow (22nd December 2014), Wind (17th December 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Thanks for helping get this info to the public.
    I can't stand some of the financers of TED. You know who I mean.

Carmody you are really intelligent, I could never have put it all that way.

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,420 times in 10,157 posts

Evidently this is from 2011
    I'm not familiar with this Neil Cavuto from Fox News,
    but it is indeed irritating to listen to him shout down an obviously educated individual

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 446 posts

Wealth is not trickling down to the poor, it is a continual stream of trickle up, or gushing up! lol

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aspen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th December 2014), JRS (16th December 2014)

22. Link to Post #13
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Aspen (here)
    Wealth is not trickling down to the poor, it is a continual stream of trickle up, or gushing up! lol
    I get the feeling that someone like George Bush senior came up with the idea for "trickle down economics" while urinating on one of his sex slaves, and everybody around him thought it sounded reasonable enough.

Am I alone here?

23. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    huh? Did you even think about it? Who's going to support the rich when the middle class is gone? no one. Don't let your political views (which a just a route of entry for any "party's" manipulation into one's thoughts, thus choices) obfuscate the obvious truth.

Again Jagman, when the middle class is gone, what is left? Where will the money come from? The printing presses? lol.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th December 2014), jerry (22nd December 2014)

25. Link to Post #15
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

And when the 1% DO give back, there is *ALWAYS*, and I mean *ALWAYS* an ulterior motive!

I would love to see bill gates give 250 million dollars to homeless shelters in America rather than his usual thinly-veiled eugenics causes such as vaccinations or contraception in North Africa, for instance. Imagine the real difference it could make to peoples' lives.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th December 2014), bluestflame (16th December 2014), jerry (22nd December 2014), lelmaleh (16th December 2014)

27. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    I get the feeling that someone like George Bush senior came up with the idea for "trickle down economics" while urinating on one of his sex slaves, and everybody around him thought it sounded reasonable enough.

Am I alone here?
    No way your alone here, that comment is dead on the sad reality of the economic times were all facing.

+ Reply to Thread