+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can my Mum come off blood thinners and anticoagulants?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default How can my Mum come off blood thinners and anticoagulants?

I wondered if anyone had any ideas for how to taper off blood thinners and blood pressure drugs.

My Mum sent me this the other day, I said I'd pass it on. She's open minded, and looking for a method to slowly quit both medications. She had a stroke a few years ago but has completely recovered now.

Here's what she said:

Quote I know I haven't got round to telling you what I am trying to achieve with my health. I want to give up the drugs:

Periondopril

Perindopril is for lowering the blood pressure as it thins the blood in order to get through the arteries which the doctors assume are blocked, hence the stroke (though I think the fact that we lived within a few metres of an electrical substation and a railway line had more to do with it).

I intend to try reducing this one after Christmas when my blood pressure should be lower anyway. It is normally what I consider to be good enough anyway - it changes all the time, according to my state of mind at any given moment.

Clopidogrel

The other one is more difficult. It is an anticoagulant - Clopidogrel. This is more difficult as there is no way to check the results if not taking it. I know that there are natural anticoagulants like Vit. K and selenium but I don't know whether these would be sufficient. It is a dilemma because the consequences of taking the wrong actions could result in another stroke.

I suppose I wouldn't bother too much about taking the drugs because I believe there are times when you have to and I'm generally very healthy, but I have two annoying conditions I would rather be without:

1) The slightest touch on my skin causes what I call a blood blister and remains for days. They are very unsightly. The anticoagulant means that if I cut myself the bleeding takes a long time to stop. I also have something that is possibly a side effect of one of the drugs. My stroke leg feels as though it is burning most of the time and is worse when covered at night. The heat is inside, the surface feels normal. If you can offer any suggestions I would be happy to hear them. Having said all that I am probably the healthiest person I know and everyone tells me I don't look my age.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Some epic music for you all:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

betoobig (18th December 2014), Lifebringer (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014), Truglivartna (18th December 2014), Violet (19th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Default Re: How can my Mum come off blood thinners and anticoagulants?

This year I have a good experience with Shizandra berries. You have to take daily about one berry per kg of body weight.
    Within three weeks my blood pressure dropped by 15 mmHg. At the same time my blood circulation improved. The abnormal sensations in my hands disappeared.

How does this come about?
    In some clinical trials a degrade of artheriosklerotic plaques by taking Shizandra could be observed. As a result, the blood can flow more freely through small vessels. The blood circulation improves and simultaneously lowers blood pressure because the so-called peripheral resistance decreases (that is the resistance that small vessels oppose to the flow of blood).
    The standard cure as it is teached in Chinese medicine is taking shizandra for 3 months.

Another patient of mine also reached within three weeks, a reduction of 15 mmHg, so that doctors no longer keep medicines necessary.

Shizandra berries are very sour, bitter, pungent and salty. If the taste bothers you you can take capsules.
    Dried Shizandra berries are easier to chew when you pour over hot water and leave them to stand for a while.

--= post update =--
    If you take any kind of additional active ingredients - whether pharmaceutical drugs or from natural sources - you should observe, if they enhance or decrease the effect of other medicine.

Your mother takes strong anticoagulants. When their effect reinforces, she can get internal bleeding. Drugs also may reduce the anticoagulative effect, e.g. when the liver is working better it will faster metabolize drugs. This must be observed.

She should measure blood pressure daily and change medication immediately if she has bleeding (nosebleeds).
    Last edited by Olaf; 19th December 2014 at 08:56.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

betoobig (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014), phillipbbg (19th December 2014), Pweeky (18th December 2014), TraineeHuman (21st December 2014), Truglivartna (18th December 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks a lot Olaf! That sounds like something she'd like. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info on clinical trials too. I'll pass it along.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

betoobig (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014), Olaf (18th December 2014), Truglivartna (18th December 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Not to keep pushing pot, but this Mayo Clinic page has a small blurb suggesting use of the herb as a folk remedy, for blood pressure and blood thinning: http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supp...e/hrb-20059701

Quote blood pressure control, blood thinner, burns, cancer, chest pain, childbirth, claudication (leg pain from clogged arteries), constipation, cough, dandruff, depression, detoxification (narcotic), diabetes, digestion, drug withdrawal, dry skin, energy, erectile dysfunction, fatigue, fever, food uses, fungal infections, general health maintenance, hair growth, heart disease, hemorrhoids, high cholesterol, hormone regulation, immune system problems, improving blood flow,

8. Link to Post #5
    Denmark Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I think that the nascent iodine that Dr Edward Group sells through Alex Jones is a bit of a cure all. And Atlasprofilax would help. I'm vegan but when people are very sick I think that the Weston a Price information is very useful.

Dr Group is the guy with a good cure record. The guy knows his stuff.

The trouble is, IMO, that most illness is psychologically induced.

Loving regard from copenhagen

9. Link to Post #6
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Not to keep pushing pot, but this Mayo Clinic page has a small blurb suggesting use of the herb as a folk remedy, for blood pressure and blood thinning: http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supp...e/hrb-20059701
    Hemp seed has a good combination of omegas and amino acids, I used to love the stuff. You can get it in any UK health store.

Quote I think that the nascent iodine that Dr Edward Group sells through Alex Jones is a bit of a cure all. And Atlasprofilax would help. I'm vegan but when people are very sick I think that the Weston a Price information is very useful.
    They already bought Detoxadine a few weeks ago. My Dad says it gives him more energy. It helped me a lot too. Never heard of Atlasprofilax, I'll research it.

I watched an Edward Group video the other day and was surprised at how healthy he looked.

Thanks for all the ideas.
    Last edited by Daozen; 18th December 2014 at 11:11.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

betoobig (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014), Pweeky (18th December 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

Hi,
    the experience I had was that when I went for an eye test the optician remarked that my retinal capillaries were the clearest he had seen for someone of my age. I did not expect that as I was eating a wheat & dairy heavy diet. The only unusual thing I had been doing for half a year or so was a regular fairly long morning swim, 1.7km, having consumed just a heaped teaspoon of spirolina in water (revolting) with a RAW garlic clove chopped up. I looked into how these could help my capillaries, and the garlic can clear out the fatty deposits, and the spirolina is a chelator of heavy metals. The heavy metals can increase calcification of arterial plaques. I am no expert but that is what I decided. A lot of ageing disease relates to the blockage of micro capillaries.

OTHER THEORIES THAT A NATUROPATH SHOULD BE CONSULTED ON

-Bill did an excellent vid on Vitamin D, basically to have a beneficial effect you need to be consuming ten times the official RDA, and for 5 months or more. It starts a cascade of benefits once we move out of deficiency.
    - Lycopene assists with arterial elasticity. I think a convenient way to get this is those tubes of Tomato puree - cheap, I take a tablespoon a few times per week.
    -Target all inflammatory factors in diet:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/18...mmatory-foods/
    - It may not be appropriate for your mum, but newer blood coagulates less naturally. There is research that Ischaemic events are reduced in regular blood donors as the cells are newer , cleaner and more slippery. NOW GETTING WEIRDER: if she cannot give a pint of blood because she would risk a stroke, but regular small blood loss might be beneficial, TRY LEECH THERAPY. Lightbulb moment: They also give you a dose of benign anti coagulant.
    - Use green med info to get a massive downoad of natural info (ginger root?)
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/pharmaco...nti-thrombotic

- People forget that insulin resistance is a feature of ageing, and high blood sugar glycates cholesterol(makes it sticky and toxic) and inflames arteries.I take cinnamon, turmeric & fenugreek
    all the best.
    HJ
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 18th December 2014 at 13:16.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

betoobig (18th December 2014), Matt P (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Daozen, my friend, it is great your maother wants to step out of quimical drugs. I admit i don´t know much about this especific problem but , for sure, boosting the inmune system will help. Check out Turkey Tail mushrooms. There are plenty of webs in which they sale it in capsules. For sure her attitude is the most important point here. I´ll send her some enrgy and give her a hugh.

Love

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014)

15. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Vitamin K is not repeat NOT an anticoagulant it is the opposite please warn your mother. Green vegetables act as a blood thickener because they contain vitamin K, Rutin is a herbal anti coagulant it is also great for people that have poor peripheral circulation and chilblains .

Allegedly Serrapeptase is an anti inflammatory enzyme that disolves debris with no blood supply of its own-this might clean out her blood vessels enough to reduce her blood pressure that way- but she must seek medical advice as much depends on the original cause of her blood pressure problems.

Drinking non fluoridated water that has stood for 24hrs to get rid of any volatile chemical s it may contain will also help clean up her blood vessels. Oh yes don't eat hydrogenated vegetable fats. Oh- don't forget Rat fish oil.

Your mum should discuss her wishes with her Dr and get a plan that includes diet.

Good luck and good health to her.
    Last edited by sheme; 18th December 2014 at 13:56.

16. Link to Post #10
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

Check this Blog by Cardiologist Dr. William Davis

"Why I started Track Your Plaque: Cardiologist Dr. William Davis
    Track Your Plaque is a concept that began taking shape in my mind over a decade ago. My mother had just died suddenly of a heart attack. Not only did I lose my mother to this disease, but it shattered my beliefs that state-of-the-art medicine─angioplasty, stents, cholesterol drugs, etc.─were sufficient solutions to this dangerous disease.

This was a scenario that I had seen played out many times: Exercise, eat “right,” see your doctor, reduce blood pressure, take a statin drug and aspirin. But it backfired too often: Pass a stress test on Monday, then have a heart attack on Tuesday ─ no warning, no symptoms. There had to be a better way. Too many people would die if we simply accept conventional off-handed dismissals like “Sometimes these things just happen.”

http://www.trackyourplaque.com/about.aspx

A few things he s saying:
    - Eat low carb
    - Increse Omega 3 intake (and decrese Omega 6)
    - And a lot more of Vitamin d

Good Luck!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valle For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th December 2014), betoobig (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar 3 times a week, will keep the blood thin, but make sure she eats lots of veggies with iron or takes a iron supplement. Natural is better. I don't even use the aspirin therapy anymore for the last 2 years.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th December 2014), betoobig (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Hey Tess, looking too blessed to be stressed. Good to see and hear from you again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

betoobig (18th December 2014)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

Hey Daozen, sorry to hear about your mum but there is so much she can do. This is something I started looking into as well.

www.earthclinic.com is a place I go for a lot of info - enter a ʻsymptomʻ such as ulcers or ʻsubstanceʻ such as baking soda. People discuss what is working for them and the site owner is very well informed tho he doesnʻt join in much. But when he does itʻs eye opening! Heʻs in Thailand and works with local people so isnʻt on the net too often.

I started taking l-arginine, SOD, serapeptase and sodium alginate - along with things like Omega3 and raw garlic, increased vege and lower carbs etc. Also doing some acupressure on applicable points which REALLY helps. I have a book and I also searched for websites and videos for points to press.

If you consider rat fish oil, I believe itʻs high in Vit K2 so take that into consideration. NOW brand sells a Vit D3 combined with K2 and there is a co (on Amazon) that sells a Vit K2 and VIt K3 combo, both should be considered. Itʻs becoming more accepted to take K2/K3 with D as they balance each other.

Best to you and your mum!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

betoobig (18th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014), TraineeHuman (21st December 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 times in 257 posts

Mega dosing of Vitamin-C is truly a powerful medicine. Its worked for me, and dramatically reduces cholesterol ect. 1000mg three times a day for a year. You'l feel excellent.

Adi

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adi For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th December 2014), betoobig (18th December 2014), Franny (19th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014)

26. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member Truglivartna's Avatar
    Thanks

GETTING OFF COUMADIN
    All the advice given so far in previous posts is good advice. Even as a Naturopath myself I had heart artery blockages at age 69 that I discovered in a routine blood check which showed enzymes indicative of blockages. A subsequent endocardiogram resulted in my going through major heart surgery. Coumadin and Statins were prescribed — both of which I refused — and instead relied on the advice of Dr. Garry Gordon, one of the best-known and most effective Alternative Medical Doctors in the world (see the attached PDF). I started taking his BCI (Beyond Chelation improved), one packet twice a day. In addition, I also took his recommended Boluoke twice a day. Both products are available from Dr. Gordon's website: http://www.longevityplus.com/.

After six months I cut the dosage to one packet a day and one Boluoke a day. I also started a regime of taking Wobenzym-N, five tablets twice a day for six months and then cutting back to five tablets (all at once on an empty stomach once a day). Wobenzym-N is not just a blood "thinner", it is a blood "conditioner" which positively affects blood clot formation. Google "Wobenzym-N" and read the research. It's one of the most popular, widely-used enzyme formulas in Europe—taken also for its cancer prevention properties.

In addition, I stopped eating anything that had sugar or corn sweeteners in it, sweetening instead with stevia and coconut flower sweetener. I ate only wheat products that were gluten free; and stopped eating peanut butter, using almond butter instead. Peanut butter had been a staple of my life since childhood, but when I stopped taking it for three weeks and then had a serving to test what might happen, I ended up with mild allergic responses. So much for peanut butter!

The heart surgery forced me to re-examine what was causing the arterial blockages. It turns out the major problem in these cases is cracks in the highly stressed heart arteries due to lack of collagen, which leads to slack blood vessels, capillary leakage, bleeding gums, skin bruises, and varicose veins. I found the problem to be a decided lack of natural vitamin C… and that is not the ascorbic acid which is labeled vitamin C on the commercial market. The simple solution to a lack of natural vitamin C is a daily dose of berries such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries—all loaded with the best natural vitamin C and its natural synergists that money can buy. The easiest and cheapest way to take them is to buy frozen berry mixtures and make a "smoothie" in a blender by adding a handful of berries to 4 or 5 tablespoons of coconut milk; a small amount (1 teaspoon) of protein powder (use alternatives such as hemp protein powder if there is milk or dairy sensitivity); and purified water. Include also a fresh banana that is turning brown. Buy the bargain older bananas about to be thrown away, peeling and freezing them for smoothies.

OTHER HEART AND ARTERY SUPPORTIVE FOODS

1. Schizandra Chinensis berries as mentioned in post number two by Olaf. Also Rhodiola Rosea for its psychological and "adaptogen" abilities. I take Rhodiola 3 to 4 times a week. Great Stuff!
    2. Cannabis Sativa. See the Mayo Clinic link on post number four from Tesla_WTC.
    3. Iodine (as "Iodoral"; see: http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Iodoral.htm)
    4. Lycopene from tomato puree; also cinnamon. (see post #7 by HugoJudd)
    5. Unsweetened applesauce; 3-4 tablespoons three times a week; mix with lots of cinnamon and sweeten slightly with stevia. Best of intestinal detoxifiers and healers. "An apple a day....."
    6. Make your own sauerkraut; have several servings a week. The variety which is purchased from a store has to be pasteurized which destroys beneficial microorganisms. Sauerkraut is one of the cheapest and best pro-biotics there is. It does wonders for the entire intestinal tract.
    7. Add coconut to your diet; particularly coconut oil to elderly diets to prevent Alzheimer's and other degenerative brain diseases. The overall nutritional benefits of coconut are relatively new research, the results of which will amaze you.

NOTE: I am not permitted to diagnose or prescribe, nor would I do so without seeing the client first. Please see this treatise as specific treatment which I have used effectively on myself, and thus disseminate for its educational value to others.

WARNING
    : Medical drugs must be stopped completely before using natural blood conditioners!

Dr Garry Gordon Advice.pdf
    Last edited by Truglivartna; 18th December 2014 at 16:57.
    There's a thin line between a hero and a fool; but no line at all between a fool and a wise man.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Truglivartna For This Post:

alh02 (19th December 2014), Anchor (18th December 2014), Baby Steps (18th December 2014), betoobig (18th December 2014), Bingo (18th December 2014), Franny (19th December 2014), Mike (18th December 2014), Olaf (18th December 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,559 times in 5,713 posts

tons of good information here from all the posters...

a few things come to mind initially...

l arginine
    hawthorn berry (home made syrup works best. pm me if interested in how-to)
    edta (sublingual powder)

and, most importantly I think...
    coq10
    carnitine
    magnesium
    ribose
    (I strongly believe these nutrients should be the basis for any serious cardiovascular regimen)

Daozen, for what it's worth, I do have a ton of personal experience here. please pm me if you have any questions

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

alh02 (19th December 2014), Baby Steps (18th December 2014), betoobig (22nd December 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Gatita's Avatar
    Thanks

I was going to mention the Vit. K, but I see she me already has. Some blood pressure medications can contribute to depression. That's something to be aware of.

Cat

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Gatita For This Post:

betoobig (22nd December 2014)

32. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member Zanshin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 times in 268 posts

Cayenne pepper used externally as a coagulant for wounds that won't stop bleeding - and taken internally as a blood thinner.
    Not sure how that works [the reversal] but I can vouch personally for the coagulant properties - smarts a bit upon application.

There are capsules available for internal consumption.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zanshin For This Post:

alh02 (19th December 2014), betoobig (22nd December 2014), TraineeHuman (21st December 2014)

34. Link to Post #19
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the excellent advice everyone. There's a lot to go through here. Easily a few weeks worth of reading. I think many of you are right that Vit C is key for cleaning the arteries. I forwarded this message to my mother and she'll have a look.

Thanks to all of you!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

betoobig (22nd December 2014)

36. Link to Post #20
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

Last edited by Mu2143; 19th March 2015 at 01:35.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th December 2014), betoobig (22nd December 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast