+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duality, can we move forward?

1. Link to Post #1
    Slovenia Avalon Member spizella's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Duality, can we move forward?

If we are all supposed to love each other, love will case to exist because there in no hate to contrast it.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spizella For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th December 2014), donk (24th December 2014), giovonni (24th December 2014), justntime2learn (24th December 2014), Walter (25th December 2014), william r sanford72 (24th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Duality, can we move forward?

In non-duality there is no other, as such, to love or hate.
    However Love can exist without there being a recipient.
    Its a very complex subject and those in a non dual state say that it is beyond the mind to understand.
    Seems that Enlightenment almost happens by accident--you cant make it happen-- you can become accident prone though.
    While stated that the subject is complicated, that's because the mind complicates things---simple is not usually accepted by mind.

Here's simple--smiling.

"Only God is and you are that"

The separate individual is the illusion--that is called Maya.

chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th December 2014), bodhii71 (24th December 2014), DeDukshyn (25th December 2014), Deega (24th December 2014), donk (24th December 2014), Elixir (24th December 2014), gardener2 (25th December 2014), giovonni (24th December 2014), grannyfranny100 (24th December 2014), NancyV (25th December 2014), Sebastion (24th December 2014), spizella (24th December 2014), william r sanford72 (24th December 2014), Wind (24th December 2014), Zampano (24th December 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

wow-thanks-
    Can there be increments- maybe less duality as we progress?

My feeling is-YES.
    One can feel more or less of that unity consciousness. Souls can progress to places where there is less duality. Souls can go to places where there is more duality in order to help wake up those that are trapped there.
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 24th December 2014 at 14:35.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

gardener2 (25th December 2014), greybeard (24th December 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member EJdaDJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Love is not 3 dimensional. Duality is.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EJdaDJ For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th December 2014), greybeard (24th December 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Unconditional love happens when you look at eveyone with the same eye. If this can happen, hate won't exist. Imagine people treating each other in a kind and loving way. Would any problem occur?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

gardener2 (25th December 2014), greybeard (24th December 2014), jjjones (24th December 2014), Wind (24th December 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

To the best of my understanding, duality in some form exist extremely high up, I marvel at those that think only exist in 3d or up to 6d. In my experience I've seen it go up as high as the prime light / dark beings, but dark doesn't exactly mean evil, and light doesn't always mean positive either. There is all three polarities that exists in dark, and all three polarities exists in Light.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

gardener2 (25th December 2014), NancyV (25th December 2014), spizella (25th December 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Assuming Ramana Maharshi was correct and "other" enlightened.
    There never was creation or dissolution---all is the thought of God. and---"Thou art that"
    So until enlightenment (freedom from ignorance) happens then, regardless of this realm, that dimension, etc all is illusion.

Its supposed to seem very real.

Not only are you at the cinema watching the film but you are part of the movie until you Realise spiritual Truth.
    In India its called "God Realisation" the realisation being that you are God. That is your True nature.
    "One without a second" that the classic description.

The word God is so misused and misunderstood.
    So is Oneness, Christ Consciousness, Unity consciousness and similar terms.

Im only saying what I have read from various sources over quite a few years.

This thread says it all for me.
    Its up to the seeming individual to investigate fully for themselves if they are drawn to.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post456904
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th December 2014), DreamsInDigital (25th December 2014), NancyV (25th December 2014), Wind (24th December 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Hi, what follows is of Rudolf Steiner "Game Show", as you know, he was writing books in early 20th Century (1912...?), foods for thoughts. Here's the link.
    DUALITY
    1. What is the fundamental cause of the illusion of Duality?
    Reality appears as a duality because of the split between the perceived-world and our thought-world.

2. How do we overcome duality?
    Knowledge overcomes duality by transforming the world-content into our thought-content.

3. The religious believer seeks knowledge in the revelations granted by God. What is a barrier to overcoming Duality for the Religious?
    Blind faith in the revelations of religion leads to a dogma of revelation, then knowledge cannot be gained, only faith in some one or some thing.

4. The artist seeks to mold his ideas into his material to reconcile the separation. What is a barrier to overcoming Duality for the Artist?
    The artist uses feeling and sensitivity to create, but without thinking the artist may not be aware of the ideas that drive him.

5. The scientist seeks the laws of phenomena by thinking about his observations. What is a barrier to overcoming Duality for the Scientist?
    If the scientist only believes in observing, describing, and ordering, it can lead to a dogma of experience that cannot discover important factors not yet experienced.

ONE-SIDEDNESS
    1. Knowledge overcomes duality by recognizing the connection between idea and world. Why is broadmindedness necessary?
    A one-sided approach that directs the attention toward one side (the idea) or the other side (the world) will not find the connection between them.

2. What is a barrier to overcoming Duality for the Materialist?
    The explanations of everything, by the one-sided Materialist, are limited to the physical world and its laws, so he is unable to overcome duality.

3. What is a barrier to overcoming Duality for the Spiritualist?
    The one-sided spiritualist is unable to relate his spiritual theory to the world, so is unable to overcome duality.

4. What is a barrier to overcoming Duality for the Realist?
    The one-sided realist limits himself to his own experience of the external world, so is unable to overcome duality.

5. What is a barrier to overcoming Duality for the Idealist?
    The one-sided idealist becomes lost in his elaboration of ideas, so is unable to overcome duality.

UNITY
    1. What is the fundamental origin of duality?
    Duality is a result of a polarity of human consciousness --and nothing else.

2. We separate ourselves from nature, yet at the same time we have a feeling we belong. What does this feeling indicate?
    What we feel is the existence of something within us that also belongs to nature.

3. Where must we seek if we are to discover our connection with nature again?
    We must seek out the essence of nature within us, and then we will discover our connection with it again.

4. When we observe nature, what should we be aware of?
    While observing nature, become inwardly aware of something more of nature that is pressing toward manifestation.

5. What is the solution to the problem of duality?
    Deep within an element is discovered that belongs not only to our self, but also to the world.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

gardener2 (25th December 2014), greybeard (24th December 2014), spizella (25th December 2014), william r sanford72 (24th December 2014), Wind (25th December 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Just another example of how entrenched duality is.....

Can we really move forward (in duality) when duality also consists of 'backwards'. Perspective within duality is what gives the illusion that one is moving at all.

Come to think of it, I am going to go have a movement right now.

18. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

What then of polarity?

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Perhaps if one is brave, they may consider weighing the thoughts as expressed by George Kavasillas regarding the "we are one" concept (which is put forth by so many "non-dualists" I know) -

start at 33:33

All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

gardener2 (25th December 2014), spizella (25th December 2014)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by spizella (here)
    If we are all supposed to love each other, love will case to exist because there in no hate to contrast it.
    You'll never get rid of duality nor the sense of (separate) self unless full blown total "self" annihilation occurs. Even the most ardent non- dualists "react." It can be read easily in the posts of those who do as well as the act of ignoring folks like me.

What is that that is reacting (or intentionally ignoring)? Can we say "ego?"

I have found that both are true. The infinite and the finite self. I am getting better and better at shifting from one to the other upon command of my own individual will."

It all depends on the situation.

ohhh and... I found Triality is alive and well (look at the OP's avatar! There's also multi-ality. There's also no-ality which is the goal of many non-dualists which to a clown like me appears boring BUT avids the risk of suffering.
    Last edited by Chester; 25th December 2014 at 02:17.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

gardener2 (25th December 2014), greybeard (25th December 2014), joeecho (25th December 2014), Shezbeth (25th December 2014), spizella (25th December 2014), Wind (25th December 2014)

23. Link to Post #13
    Slovenia Avalon Member spizella's Avatar
    Thanks

Nikola Tesla 3 6 9 – http://youtu.be/inWnhZp_A-M

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spizella For This Post:

Chester (26th December 2014), Shezbeth (25th December 2014)

+ Reply to Thread