+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we upload ourselves to a robot brain?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,364 times in 1,305 posts

Default Can we upload ourselves to a robot brain?

Would you want to live forever within a computer? Image Credit: YouTube / Smithsonian

Neuroscientist Randal Koene envisages a future in which the mind could live forever within a computer.

Stephen Hawking recently warned that humanity may end up being superseded by artificial intelligent machines, however there is another possible future scenario involving a world dominated by computers in which we could still play an important role.

Randal Koene, who has been working towards building a way to emulate the human brain using machines, believes that we will eventually be able to upload our own consciousness in to a computer and effectively live on forever.

Koene's idea of the future could see our minds existing within an artificial brain that could either be connected to a physical machine body or to a virtual world existing within a networked cloud.

Everything from emotion to self-awareness would remain intact and we would be able to interact seamlessly both with the computer environment and with the minds of other people.

"A worm's mind has already been uploaded, but their brains work in a very different way to mammals," he said. "But, in ten years, I think it'll be possible to upload the mind of a fruit fly. From thereon, the human brain is a little hard to predict, but I really hope it will be in my lifetime."

Source: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...-a-robot-brain
    Full Story: http://www.vice.com/read/randal-koen...-uploading-438

peace...
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

NancyV (27th December 2014), sandy (27th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,301 times in 3,448 posts

Default Re: Can we upload ourselves to a robot brain?

Quote Posted by Skywizard (here)

Neuroscientist Randal Koene envisages a future in which the mind could live forever within a computer.

Stephen Hawking recently warned that humanity may end up being superseded by artificial intelligent machines, however there is another possible future scenario involving a world dominated by computers in which we could still play an important role.

Randal Koene, who has been working towards building a way to emulate the human brain using machines, believes that we will eventually be able to upload our own consciousness in to a computer and effectively live on forever.

Koene's idea of the future could see our minds existing within an artificial brain that could either be connected to a physical machine body or to a virtual world existing within a networked cloud.

Everything from emotion to self-awareness would remain intact and we would be able to interact seamlessly both with the computer environment and with the minds of other people.

"A worm's mind has already been uploaded, but their brains work in a very different way to mammals," he said. "But, in ten years, I think it'll be possible to upload the mind of a fruit fly. From thereon, the human brain is a little hard to predict, but I really hope it will be in my lifetime."

Source: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...-a-robot-brain
    Full Story: http://www.vice.com/read/randal-koen...-uploading-438

peace...
    How could you get your soul into a computer? The soul is the basis and source of consciousness, not the brain. You can upload your memories and mind content into a computer with black ops and/or extraterrestrial technology. This is already a reality for me personally, having experienced it.

It is not practical to live inside a computer from what my ET contacts have said. Nobody does that. It's a pipedream really IMO. I'm not sure how he assumes one could still have human emotions while being a digital being. It's possible to have synthetic emotions, and they feel fully real, you could argue they are real since the vibration is real, just they aren't organic. But they would have to be programmed by AI. I don't like having emotions programmed by AI as opposed to organic emotions personally. I wouldn't want to be uploaded into a computer and live forever. Living forever might be a curse. Everything would get old except perhaps giving yourself body orgasms with technology. lol. I know Greys can be pretty cranky sometimes living so long(when they are the emotional kind), I can just imagine the kind of grumpy cranky old men this would create if it was real.

There are many more applications for this than just immortality. I think the guy is going for the fools gold in this instead of seeing it for what it will actually be used for.

Alzheimers is a big problem with all the aluminum in our environment. Technology like this will eventually make memory something everyone who has a personal AI assistant has no problem with. Forgetting things and not being able to remember them will be a thing of the past.

Transhumanism is indeed part of our future. I think the beginning stages of transhumanism being implemented are often archaic methods, and have little spiritual guidance. So often they are trying for immortality, when we are already immortal beings, just with incarnational amnesia...
    Last edited by Omni; 27th December 2014 at 00:57.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th December 2014), Maia Gabrial (28th December 2014), Mike Gorman (27th December 2014), NancyV (27th December 2014), sandy (27th December 2014), sheme (27th December 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 times in 1,379 posts

I couldn't fathum why anyone would want to do that? And specially be that vulnerable to hackers? We have within us the ability to be immortal, our souls / spirits are immortal. And we have also within us genetically to have all kinds of super human powers, I guess is the most common term. To me, uploading a mind / consciousness to a robot / ai is a down grade and limits what we are capable of already. Just our genetics that allows us to be what we truly are in full, has been disconnected.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (28th December 2014), NancyV (27th December 2014), sandy (27th December 2014), sheme (27th December 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 times in 929 posts

It makes little sense - as Omniverse states the soul is the seat of our being, not just the brain. It has been suggested that the brain is only a kind of dimensional extrusion of universal consciousness and our internal self resides as a part of the universe, not entrapped in the neurons. I think once your spirit has vacated the flesh it is pretty well empty shell. Still I'm sure they will attempt it, Frankenstein's experiments continue to this day!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th December 2014), NancyV (27th December 2014), Omni (27th December 2014), sheme (27th December 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I would rather return to the 4th dimension- than turn into a commodity -that is what we are talking about after all.

No embalming just burn me on the 3rd day in a cardboard box.

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,534 times in 512 posts

this topic is funny because it totaly doesnt make sense if you see the soul as the entity and the body as the container to expierience this reality, this topic remembers me about the company that freezes your body after death and store it for you until the technology is advanced enough to wake you up again.

there are realy rich people that invested into this crap ... if people fall for the materialistic trap it can carry some weird fruits
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th December 2014), sheme (27th December 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,434 times in 6,961 posts

Quote Posted by seehas (here)
    ... this topic remembers me about the company that freezes your body after death and store it for you until the technology is advanced enough to wake you up again.

there are realy rich people that invested into this crap ...
    Yeah I used to get a kick out of hearing these stories. "Wake you up in the future after you already died, and then were frozen" -- lol - it doesn't make sense. I like to think that rich people got rich because they were more intelligent. Apparently nothing could be further from he truth ...

I suppose that's how burials got started too

"So you say you are wealthy and are terminally ill? I have the latest and greatest invention for you! For no small fee, my team can have you buried in the ground in a sealed pine box that will prevent rot, and at some point in the future, technology will be advanced enough for us to dig you up and revive your corpse!"
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Omni (27th December 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,301 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by seehas (here)
    ... this topic remembers me about the company that freezes your body after death and store it for you until the technology is advanced enough to wake you up again.

there are realy rich people that invested into this crap ...
    Yeah I used to get a kick out of hearing these stories. "Wake you up in the future after you already died, and then were frozen" -- lol - it doesn't make sense. I like to think that rich people got rich because they were more intelligent. Apparently nothing could be further from he truth ...

I suppose that's how burials got started too

"So you say you are wealthy and are terminally ill? I have the latest and greatest invention for you! For no small fee, my team can have you buried in the ground in a sealed pine box that will prevent rot, and at some point in the future, technology will be advanced enough for us to dig you up and revive your corpse!"
    I was just thinking about that the other day too. You came to the same conclusion as I did. All it takes is a little knowledge of soul and such a thing becomes ridiculous. And some of these corpses will be frozen for a very long time with the amount of money they accumulated. I guess it wont be such a bad thing because eventually their body will just be used by science I imagine. After the soul is discovered irrefutably scientifically and maybe after society is a little more sane(one can hope)...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th December 2014), seehas (28th December 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,235 times in 3,663 posts

Why would anyone want to do this? We already are magnificent beings. Imo ALL technologies while they are interesting, take us away from what we are and what we're supposed to be able to do. Why bother with a cell phone when we can be telepathic? Why bother with doctors and big Pharmas' poisons when we can heal ourselves? And why bother with cars, etc when we could teleport wherever we want to go in the blink of an eye? These are just for starters....

Hope people don't fall for transhumanism. It would never come close to what we are capable of doing.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th December 2014), seehas (28th December 2014), sheme (29th December 2014)

+ Reply to Thread