+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: Clif High, The Simpsons, and New Age Priests

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,544 times in 32,931 posts

Default Clif High, The Simpsons, and New Age Priests

-----------

Or I could have titled it Brad Pitt and The Galactic Federation of Light.

Sit tight. This post is intended to be entertaining, but also on-point.

The other night I watched the movie Troy for maybe the 7th time. Some critics were harsh - but they quite missed the point. It's one of my favorite films: a brilliant, insightful commentary on war and the human condition.

In the movie, King Priam of Troy consults his High Priest about the omens for the war against the invading Greeks. The Priest says that an eagle was seen carrying a snake. King Priam states this is a sign from the Gods that they will defeat the Greeks, and therefore they must attack.

Prince Hector - a model of honor, courage, balance and rationality - says: "We're basing our military strategy on bird signs?"

Priam ignores him. Hector does his utmost in battle for his father, his brother, and for Troy. He confronts the mighty Achilles (Brad Pitt, in the best swordflght sequence you'll ever see) and is killed. Troy subsequently falls and is burned to the ground.

It's an epic, tragic, anti-war film which shows everyone - except Hector - as being in one way or another misguided, egoistic, limited, fallible, or tragically human.

The difference between the movie and Homer's Iliad is that the Gods are absent in the film. It's a movie about how Apollo doesn't save the Trojans, having been mocked by the arrogant Achilles - and how men must live and die taking responsibility for their own decisions, their own gullibility, and their own folly.

What a perfect parable for our times.

Here are the lessons:
    • Apollo will not save us either: and neither will anyone else. We have to take responsibility ourselves for our destiny.
    • We're always tempted to listen to 'high priests' who read signs and predict the future. Much easier to make a faith-based decision around an eagle carrying a snake than to make sound military strategy based on experience, information and intelligence.
    • Like Hector, we have to be smart, realistic, focused and responsible. Not blindly optimistic, like poor King Priam, trusting in gods or godlike forces which may not exist.
    You can all now join the dots, considering my two alternative titles for this thread...

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th November 2010 at 15:07.

2. The Following 62 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

58andfixed (9th November 2011), Ahkenaten (8th November 2010), ajyana (9th November 2011), Alan (7th November 2010), andrei (9th November 2011), aranuk (10th November 2011), Arpheus (7th November 2010), ascendingstarseed (8th November 2010), astrid (9th November 2010), Atlas (6th April 2017), Bhusunda (16th March 2012), blufire (3rd March 2012), Bongo (9th November 2011), Brizil (4th March 2012), Cartomancer (9th November 2011), christian (9th November 2011), Curt (9th November 2011), Dale (7th November 2010), Deega (8th November 2010), Eagle (9th November 2011), eileenrose (4th March 2012), Ernest (9th November 2011), Ernie Nemeth (9th November 2011), gaiagirl (9th March 2012), golden lady (9th November 2011), gypsybutterflykiss (3rd March 2012), haibane (9th November 2011), Heart-2-Heart (9th November 2011), heyokah (8th November 2010), HORIZONS (7th November 2010), jjjones (10th November 2011), John Parslow (8th November 2010), Jonathon (7th November 2010), Kerrigan (4th March 2012), ktlight (9th November 2011), Lisab (9th November 2011), mab777 (9th November 2011), Mare (4th March 2012), modwiz (10th November 2011), nomadguy (8th March 2012), noxon medem (9th March 2012), observer (7th November 2010), Paa (3rd March 2012), Pamela (9th November 2011), popoi2 (2nd December 2010), Redtailhawk (7th November 2010), Richard (7th November 2010), RMorgan (10th November 2011), rosie (8th November 2010), seko (9th November 2011), shadowstalker (9th November 2010), shamanseeker (10th November 2011), shiva777 (7th November 2010), skyflower (9th November 2011), sumkat (10th November 2011), tcjim1 (9th November 2011), Turcurulin (4th March 2012), viscountvlad (9th November 2011), WhiteFeather (9th November 2011), Woody (9th November 2011), Yoda (9th November 2011), Zook (8th November 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Default Re: Clif High, The Simpsons, and New Age Priests

Couldn't agree with you more on this one Bill!!

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

A wonderful post, Bill!

Quote Apollo will not save us either: and neither will anyone else. We have to take responsibility ourselves for our destiny.
    Exactly right! All one need do to see Apollo, God, or any other Messiah representation is to look in a mirror. We're all the hope we've been waiting for, and then some!

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

why we look outside of ourselves for help is a clear indication of fear, eliminating the fear comes the clarity of knowing we were the Gods all along....I like that movie too. There were many honorable moments. And of course the death of Hector was sad, even more so seeing him dragged away. I was wondering if the arrow in Brads foot coined the term Achelliis heel....

haha, yes on lighter note.....and i very much agree

Peace

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 times in 276 posts

I'm afraid the Gods must be crazy....

Great viewing for the last Sunday before the collapse of civilization as we know it... and perhaps another perfect parable for our times.
    Love is all you need

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

PurpleLama (8th March 2012), yiolas (9th November 2010)

8. Link to Post #6
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

The plan of Zeus

According to Greek mythology, Zeus had become king of the gods by overthrowing his father Cronus; Cronus in turn had overthrown his father Uranus. Zeus was not faithful to his wife and sister Hera, and had many relationships from which many children were born. Since Zeus believed that there were too many people populating the earth, he envisioned Momus or Themis, who was to use the Trojan War as a means to depopulate the Earth, especially of his demigod descendants.

Apollodorus, Epitome 3.1, Hesiod Fragment 204

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

DNA (10th November 2011), muxfolder (9th November 2010), seko (9th November 2011)

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

"Crystal Ball"
    by Styx / Tommy Shaw

(c) 1976 A & M
    I used to like to walk the straight and narrow line.
    I used to think everything was fine.
    Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams,
    All alone and trapped in time.
    All alone and trapped in time.
    I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me?
    Or am I even in it's mind at all?
    Perhaps I'll get a chance to look ahead and see.
    Soon as I find myself a crystal ball.
    Soon as I find myself a crystal ball.
    But tell me, tell me where I'm going,
    I don't know where I've been,
    Tell me, tell me, wont you tell me
    And then tell me again.
    My heart is breaking,
    My body's aching,
    And I don't know where to go.
    So tell me, tell me, wont you tell me
    I just gotta know.
    Crystal Ball
    There's so many things I need to know
    Crystal Ball
    There's so many things I've gotta know
    Crystal Ball
    Wont you tell me please before I go.
    Crystal Ball
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

MargueriteBee (29th April 2012)

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Bill, I agree that nobody is coming to save us. And that Troy is a good movie.

But I don't consider Clif a "high priest who reads signs." I think his work is based on "experience, information and intelligence." He admits that his work is about 50% accurate. We all know that the economy is a house of cards that HAS to fall, the question is when. It looks like sooner rather than later.

13. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 325 posts

"he admits that his work is about 50% accurate"

NO,he CLAIMS that his work is about 50% accurate.it is nowhere near that but that figure keeps getting passed around about his work

and Sarah,a bigger question to me is HOW will the economy collapse and what will result..how will we transition in to a new economic system...

he makes some very general forecasts,some events happen that fall in to those forecasts and he calls them a "hit"...in order for there to be a MEANINGFUL hit,the forecasts would need to be much more specific,he works on the same deceiving "{accuracy" rating as bad astrologers do with their very general forecasts

...he has been nowhere near 50% accurate....10% at best

and his forecasts and HIS CLAIMS about their "50% accuracy are about getting people to buy in to his BELIEFS that billions of people are going to die soon...most very slowly and painfully until the big solar events finish them off....as he stated in some earlier interviews and as he didn't deny in his last few interviews....

his most doomy BELIEF that Geryl's theory is right about the sun killing off billions of people in the few years ahead was hardly addressed by him as the Oct 27th solar events didn't happen according to Geryls theory...yet Cliff did the usual Cliff thing,quickly referenced a few pretty minor things way before that date and quicly claimed them to be evidence of Geryls theory being correct then quickly moved on to other subjects...given that Geryls theory is the most SERIOUS in terms of consequences ,if Cliff was acting in integrity,he should have addressed that issue in more detail..,..that's how Cliff High works...and he won't be working for much longer as he has dug his own grave with the 14th tipping point
    Last edited by shiva777; 7th November 2010 at 17:46.

14. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Cliffs interpretation of the data is far from free from his own core beliefs about the future. Here is something that he has missed factoring into his filter that he is looking at things through. According to the work of Carl Calleman and Ian Lungold I am aware that the phase of consciousness that we where in for a few hundred years was all about anything aligned with power. Whether it was the powers that be, nuclear power, military power, occult power, or what ever. So long as you where aligned with power you where working with the current frequency.

However, ever since 1999 (beginning of the galactic underworld on the Mayan Calendar) the power consciousness has been in the process of being phased out in favor of ethics consciousness. Nov. 2nd last week was the point where the ethics consciousness finally took over the power consciousness as the predominate energy / vibration emanating from the core of the galaxy. On top of this you have to remember that when you look at the different underworlds of the calendar, as far as happenings in reality go each one is a compressed version of the one before it with a different theme.

Keeping this in mind, remember that during the last underworld (planetary underworld) what happened towards the end of it was the detonation of multiple nuclear weapons mostly for testing. Even so, they where still POWER bombs manifested out of the POWER consciousness. If this underworld is a compressed fractal repeat of the last one then you have to assume that there will be another type of explosion that happens towards the end of this one. However, this explosion will carry the theme of ethics with it instead of power.

So what we are looking at happening at the tipping point is not POWER bombs going off. What we are looking at is ETHICS bombs going off all over the place. Heads up, if you are not on the side of ethics then you may become a casualty of one of these symbolic nuclear explosions of ethics.

15. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

Quote So what we are looking at happening at the tipping point is not POWER bombs going off. What we are looking at is ETHICS bombs going off all over the place.
    I really wish with all my heart that this will become true. I really wish the majority of people will wake up, and have a change of consiousness. So far in reality, there is still very few people know what's going on. Let's take my case as an example: my whole family thinks that I'm nuts, my friends and co-workers laugh at me, and my relatives think that I'm crazy. All of them still watch TV and believe whatever is shown in CNN, Fox news, Washington post, etc. Only at this Avalon community and a few websites that I follow that I find people with similar mind and thoughts.

Btw, I love the movie "Troy", too.
    Last edited by fifi; 7th November 2010 at 20:38.

16. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Quote Posted by tone3jaguar (here)
    Cliffs interpretation of the data is far from free from his own core beliefs about the future. Here is something that he has missed factoring into his filter that he is looking at things through. According to the work of Carl Calleman and Ian Lungold I am aware that the phase of consciousness that we where in for a few hundred years was all about anything aligned with power. Whether it was the powers that be, nuclear power, military power, occult power, or what ever. So long as you where aligned with power you where working with the current frequency.

However, ever since 1999 (beginning of the galactic underworld on the Mayan Calendar) the power consciousness has been in the process of being phased out in favor of ethics consciousness. Nov. 2nd last week was the point where the ethics consciousness finally took over the power consciousness as the predominate energy / vibration emanating from the core of the galaxy. On top of this you have to remember that when you look at the different underworlds of the calendar, as far as happenings in reality go each one is a compressed version of the one before it with a different theme.

Keeping this in mind, remember that during the last underworld (planetary underworld) what happened towards the end of it was the detonation of multiple nuclear weapons mostly for testing. Even so, they where still POWER bombs manifested out of the POWER consciousness. If this underworld is a compressed fractal repeat of the last one then you have to assume that there will be another type of explosion that happens towards the end of this one. However, this explosion will carry the theme of ethics with it instead of power.

So what we are looking at happening at the tipping point is not POWER bombs going off. What we are looking at is ETHICS bombs going off all over the place. Heads up, if you are not on the side of ethics then you may become a casualty of one of these symbolic nuclear explosions of ethics.
    I couldn't agree more. That is also what I see happening in the world.

Namaste, Steven

17. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by tone3jaguar (here)
    Cliffs interpretation of the data is far from free from his own core beliefs about the future.
    Thanks, I do agree with this too, actually. I think that we cannot perceive all the different forces at work now...and all the potential outcomes. That's what makes 3D life so darn fun!

18. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fifi (here)
    I really wish with all my heart that this will become true. I really wish the majority of people will wake up, and have a change of consiousness. So far in reality, there is still very few people know what's going on. Let's take my case as an example: my whole family thinks that I'm nuts, my friends and co-workers laugh at me, and my relatives think that I'm crazy. All of them still watch TV and believe whatever is shown in CNN, Fox news, Washington post, etc. Only at this Avalon community and a few websites that I follow that I find people with similar mind and thoughts.

Btw, I love the movie "Troy", too.
    Its disappointing that anyone who challenges consensus reality has to "walk alone" in the sense that you have mentioned - ridicule from friends, family etc. I often feel crazy when I take a step back and look at all these things which I believe, but then I ask myself - "If I'm crazy, why does this make so much sense?"

Despite the volume of information out there, I personally think its getting easier to see the truth, and I've been lucky in that my family and friends do consider what I have to say - though usually not for very long. I try to keep it to passing on tidbits of information rather than inundating them with dire predictions which don't ever seem to come to pass. Though I came close with this recent Clif High prediction, the dominoes admittedly seemed to be lining up nicely for some sort of financial collapse, and I honestly don't think that is completely off the table.

There is a lot of crying wolf going on - its unpleasant but I think we really do need to at least review each "cry" and consider it in terms of the bigger picture. Some of it is easy to write off (i.e. the "Federation" is going to beam us all up on such and such date) but other stuff is much more difficult to immediately dismiss - I am a man of science, and on that basis, Clif High's system intrigues me, and having listened to him speak I find him to be extremely intelligent and even easy to believe. But thats just me, with my own bias and my own point of view - maybe for someone else the GFL beaming people up seems easy to believe... It all comes down to the individual.

I think this is why we all congregate at places like Avalon, to disseminate the information amongst others from different backgrounds who apply their own unique perspectives in their own way. It helps us all to better see the big picture. Sometimes we are lucky enough to meet open minded individuals in our own lives and immediate physical spheres of existence, but failing that, the internet allows us to discuss these things without the "judgement" of those who prefer consensus reality. Though this in itself, I think is a blessing and a curse, because sometimes we really do need a slap in the face from a "grounded" source to tell us we are just getting sucked into something crazy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is consider everything, but walk that fine line between believing everything you consider, and simply being aware of it. I hope that makes sense.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoshERTW For This Post:

Antagenet (8th March 2012), fifi (8th November 2010), noxon medem (8th November 2010), sjkted (14th November 2010)

20. Link to Post #15
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

BTW:
    It's telling that the ILIAD is in fact different than the film. It is quite opposite:

The eagle/bird sign was interpreted as immediate doom and Hector was advised NOT to proceed with an attack on the greeks:

Polydamas again approached brave Hector: "You always object to my sound advice in council, Hector. You think it wrong if a commoner questions your power, there or here in the field, but I will say what I think. We should call off our attack on the Greek ships. This omen of the eagle high on the left letting the red snake fall, before the bird reached its nest to feed its young, means that though we break the wall and push the Greeks back they will fight for their ships and kill many Trojans, the rest of us retreating over this ground in disarray."

Hector replied: "Polydamas, your words are no longer to my taste: you can do better than that speech surely. If you mean what you say, the gods must have addled your brains. You would tell me to forget Zeus the Thunderer’s faithful promise, and the advice he gave me, but take note of the flight of birds! I care not if they fly towards dawn and the sun, or west towards the dark. We must obey the will of almighty Zeus, the king of mortals and immortals. This one rule is best, to fight for your country."

http://www.poetryintranslation.com/P...2.htm#BkXII175

Hector thus followed in faith Zeus advice...

Its also telling that Troy was successfully defended, only to fall prey to man's (Odysseus) tricks.

The whole ILIAD is a tale of Man being played by the "Gods" as they wish.

Beware of Grays, ähh.. Greeks bearing gifts!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bashi For This Post:

DNA (10th November 2011), Swami (8th November 2010)

22. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Great lyrics from Styx

Fooling yourself

Relax.. Take it easy..
    "You see the world through your cynical eyes
    You're a troubled young man I can tell
    You've got it all in the palm of your hand
    But your hand's wet with sweat
    And your head needs a rest
    And you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it
    You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it.
    Why must you be such an angry young man
    When your future looks quite bright to me?
    And how can there be such a sinister plan
    That could hide such a lamb
    Such a caring young man
    And you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it
    You're killing yourself if you don't believe it
    Get up, (get up!) get back on your feet
    You're the one they can't beat and you know it
    Come on (come on!) let's see what you've got
    Just take your best shot and don't blow it.

It explains a lot doesn`t it?
    Love, love - and see what happens

23. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Bill , one thing that I must observe here is that we people ever tend to put a blame on somebody else. This is the reason of our never ending spinning in circles. We never learn and move on.

One of the greatest messages that we were given and which ,by the way, 99.9 % didn`t understand, from Christ was that if we ever want to take our own place ,rightful place, before Creator is to take responsibility for our thoughts, words and actions.
    Love, love - and see what happens

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

noxon medem (8th November 2010), Realeyes (10th November 2011), skyflower (9th November 2011), Swami (8th November 2010)

25. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I trust Cliff's good heart and intelligence. And my idea on his very low % of hits, is that futures are many. The time lines thing. And in moments like this one, when we are in a point of transmutation, many time lines and possible futures intermingle. We come and go more intermittently from one to other to next. Specific predictions are, in these times, ever more imprecise.

26. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Here are the lessons:

* Apollo will not save us either: and neither will anyone else. We have to bill: take responsibility ourselves for our destiny.
    * We're always tempted to listen to 'high priests' who read signs and predict the future. Much easier to make a faith-based decision around an eagle carrying a snake than to make sound military strategy based on experience, information and intelligence.
    * Like Hector, we have to be smart, realistic, focused and responsible. Not blindly optimistic, like poor King Priam, trusting in gods or godlike forces which may not exist.

the lessons are most vague...based on assumptions really... some would say beating about the bush... l
    Last edited by lightblue; 8th November 2010 at 23:13.

27. Link to Post #20
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

"The Gods did not reveal, from the beginning, all things to us but in the course of time, through seeking, men find that which is better. But as for certain truth, no man has known it, nor will he know it; neither of the Gods, nor yet of all the things of which I speak. and even if by chance he were to utter the final truth, he would himself not know it; for all is but a woven web of guesses." Xenophanes, Verses (570-475 B.C.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast