+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Things that Might Happen in the upcoming Year of 2015

1. Link to Post #41
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Default Re: Things that Might Happen in the upcoming Year of 2015

Well, we could look at their predictions for 2014 but I'm sure a lot of them have tampered with those ones on their websites to make them look like "hits". I don't trust all of those online psychics out there who make predictions like this but at least when their predictions are published on a news site, they themselves would not be able to go back and change their predictions on a news site to fit the event like how they can do that for those same predictions on their own websites.

So it would be good to see those predictions made for 2014 that were either published in the news somewhere or were posted on You Tube back in 2013 for the upcoming 2014 year.

As we can see, most of their predictions are very general or are things that have been obviously trending for years now anyways. But a lot of them at least have a few predictions in their batch that are very specific and it's those ones I would like find out if they came true or not.

Whatever I find on those predictions they made last year for 2014 and if some of them were hits or not, I'll post that information here later in this thread.
    Last edited by Roisin; 31st December 2014 at 15:05.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Well, it looks like almost all possible events have been covered. (But chance alone should fulfil say, 10 percent.) Well done that lot of fortune tellers...

(Like I said earlier, a look thorough equivalent lists for 2014 were mostly wrong...)

Nick
    Oh, could you show that to us? Case by case?
    That's a whole lot of work and it would really save me a lot of time if you could share all of that data on that here so I can then analyze it. I've had a couple statistical analysis course's in grad school, so will be utilizing those methods in my analysis too.
    Last edited by Roisin; 31st December 2014 at 18:36.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Psychics Share 2015 Predictions For Harper, Trudeau, Mulcair And Others
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/12...n_6373514.html

Politics can be unpredictable.

Polls sometimes suggest wildly different things about the mood of the electorate. Politicians whose careers seem to be on the rocks can bounce back, while other one-time stars fade into obscurity. And as we saw in Alberta earlier this month, when the leader of the official Opposition crossed the floor to the government benches, just about anything can happen.

So, as we head into 2015, we here at The Huffington Post Canada thought for fun we'd reach out to some psychics to see what the stars could have in store for us.

But please keep in mind: this is just a bit of merriment to be enjoyed with your leftover egg nog.

HuffPost sent along some political questions to three professional soothsayers: Ottawa-based psychic Colleen McIntosh, the owner of Angel Divinations, medium psychic Michele from Metcalfe, Ont., and Toronto-based Amanda from Psychic Amanda Studio.

They don't all agree on how things will play out next year but there are some interesting similarities.

And as we head into an election year, two of the three tell us that while federal Liberals may want Canadians to embrace hope and change next year, another Conservative government is in the cards for 2015.

So, let's have a look at what could be coming and we'll check back in a year's time to see who was most accurate.

Will Julian Fantino be replaced at Veterans Affairs before the next federal election?

Michele: I do not predict that Julian Fantino will be replaced.

Colleen: No.

Amanda: So looking into this... yes, it does show Mr. Fantino will be replaced. I do see a change of position for him. It also shows here he is not performing the best or is not best-suited right now for the position he is in. He will be replaced and soon.

Will Leona Aglukkaq be replaced as minister of the environment before the next election?

Michele: Leona Aglukkaq will not be acting minister of the environment, the replacement will come before next election.

Colleen: No, not likely.

Amanda: No, not at all. Looking into the cards, it shows me that she is performing to the standards and expectations of her superiors and those she is providing her services for. As well, it also shows me she has great passion and enjoys what she is doing and she did get elected for a good reasons. Not only was she greatly qualified, her good intention led her to this position.

Will the federal election be earlier than Oct. 19, 2015?

Michele: The federal election will be announced earlier than Oct. 19 2015

Amanda: No, I do not see that this event will be hosted on another day. It shows me here that it will remain like this.

Which party will win the next federal election?

Michele: The Conservatives will win, but by a very slight margin

Colleen: The Conservatives, by a landslide.

Amanda: I see this will be a close one between Conservatives and Liberals, but for this upcoming election it shows me here the Liberals will be victorious.

Will it be a minority or majority government?

Michele: It will definitely be minority

Colleen: It will be a clear majority.

Amanda: It shows here that this will be a majority .

Will Stephen Harper still be the leader of the Conservative Party this time next year?

Michele: Stephen Harper will step down as leader of Conservative party.

Colleen: Harper stays on.

Amanda: Yes, I do see him assuming the same position for this time. After this election, this will be it for Mr. Harper. I do see him focusing his energies in different directions. It shows he did many things he intended and will set his sights to new goals and objectives.

Will Thomas Mulcair still be leader of the NDP this time next year?

Michele: Thomas Mulcair will still lead the NDP.

Colleen: Thomas Mulcair... no. I get that he steps down (after the election).

Amanda: No, it shows here Mr. Mulcair will remain in this position next year. It shows me here that he enjoys what he is doing as well and has not yet finished what he intends to accomplish. And his intents are good.

Will Trudeau still be leader of the Liberals this time next year?

Michele: Trudeau will definitely be leader of the Liberals with his party backing him stronger

Colleen: Yes. The campaign is going to (be about) hope and change because "hope and change" kept coming in. I’m assuming it’s going to be their little byline.

Amanda: Yes, he will. He is very passionate about where he is right now and what he wants to do and I see him being very successful.

Will Senator Mike Duffy be found guilty (on any or all of the charges)?

Michele: Senator Mike Duffy will be found guilty.

Colleen: Mike Duffy... no. (She says she ‘heard’ something about the bank. “Maybe there was an irregularity at the bank? I don’t know. That’s all I got.”)

Amanda: I do see here many blockages in his pathways and much negativity surrounding him. I do see many allegations will be proven. He will be found guilty on almost all his charges.

Will Obama approve the Keystone pipeline project?

Michele: Obama will not OK the Keystone project

Colleen: Yes.

Amanda: No, I see he has mixed emotions about this situation and for many different reasons. And he has double-guessed this project a lot. It shows me he does not want to do this project.

Will Greg Selinger still be Manitoba premier this time next year?

Michele: Manitoba will replace Greg Selinger as premier

Amanda: It shows me here his heart is in the right spot but unfortunately right now he’s dealing with many different issues which is making it harder for him to focus on the goal of upholding his current position. But I do see him winning, but just barely

Who will win the Ontario PC leadership race?

Michele: It will be Christine Elliott.

Colleen: Patrick Brown.

Amanda: It will be close between a few candidates but I see Christine Elliott being elected.

Who will win the P.E.I. Liberal leadership race?

Michele: The Liberal leadership in P.E.I., I predict, will be (won by) Wade Maclauchlan

Colleen: Didn't get anything.

Amanda: Honestly, there are not many candidates right now for me to look into this. Looking into the names of potential candidates and current candidates, it shows me here the (one with the) highest potential of being elected right now is Wade MacLauchlan

Will Alberta's Wildrose party cease to exist in 2015?

Michele: The Wildrose Party will keep going and continue to exist in 2015.

Colleen: Out. I think they are going to be literally gone.

Amanda: No, I see it will remain. I don’t see any change of position. I see this party upholding it usual status.

Any other unexpected event we should be on the look out for?

Michele: I predict that the election in 2015 will be the closest in history.

Colleen: British Columbia votes for the Green party in a big way.

6. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Psychic offers his predictions for Canadian politics in 2015

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/cana...161702155.html

As the year draws to a close, Canada’s political pundits and pollsters once again prognosticate about the New Year.
    If history is any indication, you might not want to make any wagers based on their predictions: Over the past couple of years, they haven't been very good at forecasting political outcomes.
    With that in mind, we thought we’d thought we would leave the predicting business to the professionals — the psychics. (After all, they can’t do any worse, can they?)
    We contacted psychic medium Blair Robertson – an accomplished psychic whose past predictions have been featured by news outlets across North America – for his thoughts on the big political events of 2015.
    Robertson told Yahoo Canada News that he likens his political predictions to those of a weatherman: What he predicts isn't necessarily what he wants to see happen.
    Here’s what he sees happening over the next 12 months.

Prediction 1: The Mike Duffy Trial

Background: From April to June 2015, an Ontario court will hear the case against suspended senator Mike Duffy.
    Duffy has been charged with 31 counts of fraud and breach of trust, related to his senate expense claims.
    Duffy denies any wrongdoing and says that he’s looking forward to defending himself.
    Robertson’s Prediction: “I predict that the Mike Duffy trial will be a media sensation and that he will get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Many will be thrown under the bus, so to speak.

Prediction 2: The 2015 Federal Election

Background: The federal election is scheduled for October 19, 2015. Some, however, have predicted that the Tories will call a snap election in the spring after introducing a surplus budget.
    Robertson’s prediction: “I predict Harper will narrowly win the next Federal Election in 2015. While it would seem a spring snap election would make strategic political sense, I'm not sensing that happening and would be surprised if it did.
    “Watch [NDP leader Thomas] Mulcair as he will be a force to be reckoned with late 2015. I definitely foresee a coalition between the NDP and Liberals.
    “I predict Trudeau's Liberals will suffer more scandals this year, including one from the east early in the year. It seems when he rises up, someone pulls the rug from under him.”

Prediction 3: The Keystone Pipeline

Background:
    In January, the soon-to-be Republican Senate majority is expected to pass a bill approving the project which could potentially transport 830,000 barrels of oil per day from northern Alberta to the Gulf of Mexico. The move could still be vetoed by U.S. President Barack Obama who continues to publicly question the merits of the project.
    Robertson’s prediction: “I predict President Obama will NOT approve the Keystone Pipeline.
    “Keystone will be perpetual. [It ] won't happen in Obama’s time.”

Prediction 4: The Ontario Progressive Conservative Leadership Race

Background: In May, the Ontario Progressive Conservatives will elect a full-time replacement to former leader Tim Hudak. So far there are five declared candidates including MP Patrick Brown and MPPs Lisa MacLeod, Vic Fedeli, Monte McNaughton and Christine Elliott, the widow of former federal finance minister Jim Flaherty.
    Robertson’s prediction: “I predict that Christine Elliott will be the next leader of the Ontario Provincial Conservatives and will be the political enema that they'll need.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2014)

8. Link to Post #45
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

2015 Predictions Tidal Wave, Civil Unrest, Nuclear Attack, Ebola and Deadly Viruses

Published on Dec 10, 2014
    I see the USA dollar collapsing this year. I had a lucid dream of a major tidal wave hitting the East Coast.
    My dream of a nuclear attack which was lucid in the 80's seems very possible this year.
    Civil Unrest will continue as well as false flags.
    I do see that the Russian troops who have been training in Ft. Carson, CO will intercept this year and martial law will be implemented.
    This will cause gun control.
    Grid attacks very possible including population control.
    Stronger strain of Ebola virus will surface in the USA and more deadlier viruses are to come.
    People will get more spiritual and turn to Jesus Christ including Jewish and Muslims. People will help others which is a positive thing.
    Pope Francis exposed.
    Great videos to watch
    1. Canary Island Tsunami Upon Babylon (USA) by Rubystabletalk
    2. Proof Government Planning Tsunami East/West Coast? Must see by Scariestmovieever
    3. Pope Francis warns any personal relationship with Jesus is Dangerous
    4. Guccifer PA City to be nuked this year "PrisonPlanetLive
    5. Ferguson is a Staged Event Here is the Proof Watchout by WatchmansReport12127

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015)

10. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

50 Predictions For 2015 By Alternative Media Leaders, Psychics, & Spiritual Teachers

Published on Dec 17, 2014
    50 Predictions For 2015 By Alternative Media Leaders, Psychics, & Spiritual Teachers

On December 15th, The Outer Limits Of Inner Truth Radio Show (www.outerlimitsradio.com) aired a show dedicated to predictions for 2015. The program featured insights from prominent members of the Alternative Media Community, globally respected Psychic Mediums & Spiritual Teachers.

“This show was not about the world of celebrity, politics or sports. It was about trends in humanity and gauging what our species will collectively accomplish, endure or experience in 2015.” Said Ryan McCormick, Executive Producer of the Outer Limits of Inner Truth. “There is no program in the world that is presenting anything like this.”

50 Predictions For 2015 Direct Show Link:
    http://www.outerlimitsradio.com/2014/...

50 Predictions For 2015 Show Key:

2:00 - Gerald Celente (Trends Journal Publisher)
    10:45 - Gregory Mannarino (Economic Forecaster)
    23:20 - Michael Rivero (Founder of WhatReallyHappened.com)
    33:00 - Chris Duane (Founder of Sons of Liberty Academy).
    45:15 - Metaphysical Teacher Teal Swan (The Spiritual Catalyst)
    54:45 - Metaphysical Teacher Khris Krepcik (The Hooded Sage)
    103:45 - Psychic Medium Kerrie O’Connor
    118:00 - Psychic Medium & Past Life Reader Laura Lyn
    123:30 - Astrologer Constance Stellas
    135:45 - Psychic Empath Lisa Caza
    146:00 – Spiritual Teacher & Author George Kavassilas
    153:55 - Spiritual Economist & Author Dr. Darryl Robert Schoon

For more information on the Outer Limits of Inner Truth Radio Show, please visit www.outerlimitsradio.com

About The Outer Limits Of Inner Truth
    Nationally syndicated on KKRP 1610 AM “The Outer Limits of Inner Truth” (www.outerlimitsradio.com) radio program offers a unique insight into their featured guests. The hour long show presents in depth interview on a person considered ahead of their time that is then followed with forensic soul analysis by four experts (called “The Virtues”) that include: Psychic Mediums Kerrie O’Connor & Lisa Caza, Past Life Reader Laura Lyn, and Astrologer Constance Stellas

----------------------------------
    I will be giving a summary of those predictions later in this post.

Have an errand to run and will be posting that summary when I get back..... a little later.
    Last edited by Roisin; 31st December 2014 at 19:57.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

I found these predictions for 2014 on another thread...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...014#post779882

2014 Predictions

by Stephen Lendman2014

A Brief Summary
    Expect 2014 to include:
    direct and proxy wars continuing without end;
    new ones beginning;
    America’s wealth increasingly transferred to corporate and privileged interests;
    ordinary people increasingly on their own sink or swim; a race to the bottom continuing;
    America’s disadvantaged harmed most;
    poverty, unemployment, underemployment, hunger and homelessness worse than ever in modern times;
    bipartisan complicity assuring it;
    social safety net protections increasingly eliminated;
    freedom disappearing in plain sight;
    police state harshness increasing;
    local police collaborating with federal authorities;
    NSA watching everyone more closely;
    Washington increasingly waging war on ordinary people;
    full-blown tyranny approaching;
    America more than ever unfit to live in;
    2014 exceeding the worst of Orwell’s 1984.

Well I guess he got it all about right... and I think we can make these same predictions for 2015 also...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matisse For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015), Nick Matkin (31st December 2014), Roisin (31st December 2014)

14. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

As a Progressive myself, who hasn't heard of Stephen Lendman? Thanks for those predictions of his for 2014 and I agree with you that they should just be recycled for this upcoming year too. Thanks for that list!
    Last edited by Roisin; 31st December 2014 at 21:40.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015), Matisse (31st December 2014)

16. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

A Few Predictions for 2015 from Fefelove

http://knowitnextpsychicpredictions....from-fefelove/

1. Increased fabricated race wars/division- divide and conquer

2. Loosening drug laws

3. False flags/ a potentially very terrible bombing in the USA/ school shootings (because of desire for gun control)

4. More missing planes

5. dark energy clouds over certain areas that formed in 2014 might now climax- like over NY, Chicago

6. Push for regulations due to fake ‘climate change’ propaganda and push back continues/increases and becomes even more overly fake/ exposed but the governments continue and start to go after the opposition

7. More whistleblowers/ people choosing sides

8. going toward wars/ rumors of wars world wide and at home

9. ISIS and others persecuting more Christians/ mainstream Muslims- general increased violence in countries like Lebanon and Isis moves into more areas. More horrors.

10. People exposing more food issues and big companies changing because of intolerance to garbage food- this is becoming more mainstream

11. More nasty executive orders which suck away freedoms and create a tyranny

12. Many so called ‘conspiracy’ theories exposed to be accepted by the mainstream; ie people now believe in the NWO and their actions are being brought to the light

13. Increased political music/arts

14. Blacklists of patriots/ watch out if you have a voice these days because they will attack you in all sorts of ways that appear coincidental- persecution of good people who want freedom, etc.

15. Movie industry producing more freedom loving movies/ also more movies with predictive programming about certain agendas. There is a sort of unspoken rebellion in the media which increases and becomes more overt in 2015

16. The land grab issues return/ persist

17. Protests which might turn violent like the 60′ s in the USA and other places; the desire of the governments to not have protests and stop these

18. Regulations which restrict or try to eliminate use of cash- might be both subtle and overt

19. using the illegal spying to persecute more people and a distrust of everything among the people is now mainstream

20. advances in medicine being suppressed but whistleblowers working against big Pharma making some head way

21. increase in childhood cancers/ diseases and more parents seeking alternative meds/ideas for health

22. so much hacking; like the year of hacking. Use cash more if you can to get around being effected by this.

23. decline of popularity of fast food chains like McDonald’s increases and these nasty places have issues/ some might begins closing and going belly up in 2015. For some reason I keep seeing like a day when McDonald’s is no more but I am not sure if this is my desire or an actual premonition. I do think they will increase their so called ‘natural/healthy’ choices in an attempt to save themselves this year.

24. gas gets cheaper and cheaper as part of a plan to eventually create more monopolies and close competitors/ punish certain countries and gain control; obvious Saudi plot unveiling here. Watch out though because it will get super cheap then boom its going to bounce to way expensive which obviously effects everything.

25. alternative currencies being undermined. I mentioned issues with Bitcoin and other companies like that. The push for a world wide one currency continues and I think we might be in for some strange events regarding money. Depends on perhaps how certain power struggles go down….

I think 2015 is a year of some major events/ exposing….a shift in many regards- politically, economically, technologically. I believe this will be a very eventful year with lots of horrors waiting for us but that depends on reactions from many people. I think police brutality and stuff along those lines will be less tolerated and we have reached a point where people are having enough of suppression/violence and want changes. My advice is get prepared immediately; get food and supplies for your family. Buy guns and insist on your rights through non violent means. Watch the news carefully because things will keep shifting and might shift a lot overnight at some point this year.

A Few More for 2015

The Entertainment Industry

This is a particularly bad year for the entertainment industry. I see a financial meltdown hurt the industry’s profits and lead to the monopolization of major brands. Three mega titans will stand after a massive sell-off spree in August; Comcast, News Corporation and a new media organization created by George Soros and Keith Olbermann. An independent media surge will follow as new ideas and voices push out the clutter and rise to the top of the pops; particularly coming from Youtube and other online media outlets.

We will begin to see more political advocacy from Russell Brand turn to trouble as his criminal record is expunged and he becomes a target for more brutal targeting by the UK government. An assassination attempt is foiled in 2016, but he will be in for a rough year regardless. Despite this, his major success will help turn millions away from drugs and uplift millions more from impoverishment around the world. He is a light worker in our time.

A major meltdown comes for Britney Spears. Her life is about to be derailed again and this will be forewarned by another quickie marriage in Vegas. Once she finishes the residency, expect a period of turmoil until she, like others in the past, dies of a murder/suicide in 2018 at the age of 36; not so coincidentally the same exactly age that Marilyn Monroe died in 1962. 1981 and 1926 not so coincidentally invert into 2018 and 1962.

Finally, the name Kardashian will be out of the headlines this year for good. Once Kanye West divorces Kim, the family will wear out their appeal on the public and a major campaign to blacklist them from the headlines follows suit. They will suffer a number of legal troubles once this era fades off and they will rarely be heard from ever again; the way Paris Hilton is not relevant in our time anymore.

Taylor Swift is about to be taken off her perch. Her subtly dark ways will be exposed by a scorned ex-lover and she will suffer the consequences in the form of major entertainment industry blacklisting. This coincidentally comes as former country superstar Shania Twain returns to prominence with a big comeback album in the fall of 2015.

2015 and Gun Control

I have written much about this problem of the gun control agenda and the potential for it to lead to Civil War in the USA. 2015 will increase in both subtle and overt means to strip Americans of their guns. There will be incidents to incite people to go along with gun control. They will use anything possible, like race wars and children to try to take the guns. Their favorite attack is to take away the bullets because guns without bullets are useless. They will continue to call anyone who has guns terrorists. 2015 isn’t looking good for this problem. Further, more Americans will stand up for guns and push back on this agenda. It will become more obvious that ‘most Americans do not support gun control.’

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    Well, it looks like almost all possible events have been covered. (But chance alone should fulfil say, 10 percent.) Well done that lot of fortune tellers...

(Like I said earlier, a look thorough equivalent lists for 2014 were mostly wrong...)

Nick
    Oh, could you show that to us? Case by case?
    That's a whole lot of work and it would really save me a lot of time if you could share all of that data on that here so I can then analyze it. I've had a couple statistical analysis course's in grad school, so will be utilizing those methods in my analysis too.
    Oh what a silly question. We're rather stuck for choice on failed 2014 predictions aren't we? A moment with that obviously demonic tool of the controlling New World Order known as Google will show up any number of failed 2014 predictions.

What about important events that should have been predicted? Like:

The rise of ISIS/ISIL as a terrorist organization
    The Ebola epidemic
    School kidnapping of 276 girls by Boko Haram in Nigeria
    Ukraine crisis with Russia and the annexation of Crimea
    Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappearance
    Malaysia Flight 17 crashing in Ukraine after being shot down by a missile, killing 298 people.
    A massive drop in the price of oil
    Rosetta spacecraft's Philae probe successfully landing on Comet 67P
    The Ice Bucket Challenge

But as you specifically requested cases, here is a very small list. I'm well aware that whatever I post I'll be accused of 'cherry picking' those that didn't happen. Anyway, you asked...

Hillary to announce her run for the Presidency mid-year. Judy Hevenly
    Vladimir Putin wins Nobel prize for his part in Syria. Judy Hevenly
    Scotland breaks away from United Kingdom and becomes independent. Judy Hevenly
    Pope Francis to appoint the first woman cardinal to the Vatican. Judy Hevenly
    Last year of reign for Queen Elizabeth. Judy Hevenly
    Contamination of water in major cities. Psychic Nikki
    A flood in the London, England underground. Psychic Nikki
    An attack at a military base in the US. Psychic Nikki
    Explosions and riots in Detroit, Michigan. Psychic Nikki
    A causeway in Florida will collapse. Psychic Nikki
    Partial collapse of the Coliseum in Rome, Italy. Psychic Nikki
    A great earthquake in Japan. Psychic Nikki
    Terrorist attack in New York City. Psychic Nikki
    A terrorist attack and bombing in London, England. Psychic Nikki
    An electrical fire is seen in the new NSA(National Security Agency) collection center in Utah that will be linked to sabotage. LaMont Hamilton
    The Atlantic Ocean along the central east coast of the US will be contaminated due to radiation or pollution that kills aquatic life. LaMont Hamilton
    Programmers will discover a simple computer code or app that will end almost all future online computer viruses. LaMont Hamilton
    A scandal over a Nobel Peace Prize nominee will be reported in the news that the commission may consider taking the prize back from them. LaMont Hamilton
    New protruding land masses or islands will start to form around Hawaii, Southeast Asia, and the Bahamas over the next year, sparking renewed interest in the legend of Atlantis. LaMont Hamilton
    The original 1969 USA moon landing site will be reported as damaged or vandalized by another country that lands on the moon. LaMont Hamilton

etc. etc.

Could you analyse that for us? You might like to show us your workings.

How about you list some major predictions that did happen, to prove me wrong? (Complete with analysis.) Should be easy enough I'd have thought. Please avoid vague ones like 'stock markets fall or rise', 'power blackout', 'flood', 'civil rights curtailed', 'police/governments gain more powers', etc. unless you are very specific. These descriptions are just too nebulous and happen all the time.

Thank you.

Nick

Nick

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (1st January 2015), Matisse (31st December 2014), thunder24 (1st January 2015)

20. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Looks like a news site posted Hamilton-Parker's 2015 prediction list so am posting that here to compare later with any additions he adds to that list on his website as the year goes by.

Psychic Predictions for 2015: Royal Family Death
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 14:24

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-...h-2467024.html

Craig Hamilton-Parker is predicting for 2015 that:

Predictions for 2015
    I will add some more later these were emailed to my editor at Fate & Fortune on 11th September 2015 and first posted on this page on 17th September 2014. (Jane helped with some of these this year)

Prince Harry will get engaged

Major volcanic eruptions in Japan and Hawaii

National Health and Police strikes with riots in London

Joan Collins dies

Royal family death

Zara Phillips – princess Anne’s daughter will fall pregnant

Strange fluctuations in the Earth’s Magnetic Field Detected

A Nuclear submarine will get into serious problems. It could be Russian though there is also Chinese involvement – perhaps an incident over the disputed Japanese islands in the China Sea?

I feel that 2015 will be a year with a lot of Maritime problems and there could be a very serious disaster – akin to the sinking of the Titanic. (I again base this on a number of my prophetic dreams: a topic I am very interested in and have recently written a book about.)

2015 will see the closer ties between Russia and China. There will be an economic and military pact. In the years to come this will become a powerful alliance that will challenge America.

Economically, India will rise faster than China in the coming years

Josefina Vázquez Mota will become the first female president of Mexico.

There will be a bad earthquake during 2015 in Mexico City.

Mexico’s economy will see an improvement as more cartels and gang leaders are brought to justice in 2015.

A deal is done with America over immigration with American companies offering economic opportunities to temporary workers on short term visas.

Many countries may see terrorist attacks from loan gunmen. I ‘see’ Berlin, Rome and Paris as a targets but a simultaneous London attack with be thwarted. I feel one of the most frightening will be aboard a passenger liner. (Posted just before the Terrorist Attack in Sydney Australia)

There will be a celebrity kidnapping and an attack on a member of the Saudi Arabian Royal Family

Both FaceBook and the BBC will develop search engine algorithms for the Internet (and not just for their own websites) in an attempt to rival Google. Amazon will also make ventures into web search.

The Conservatives will win the UK election by a whisker as they will agree to bring forward the European Election Vote and so disrupt UKIP’s momentum.

Cameron will be ousted just after the election despite his electoral success.

During 2015 Jeb Bush will gain popularity and will win the American Election in 2016. Serious family difficulties and illnesses for the Bush family during 2015.

The Russian Economy will collapse but be bailed out by China. The two countries will become a very close allies both militarily and economically.
    Last edited by Roisin; 1st January 2015 at 14:42.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015)

22. Link to Post #52
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

11 bold predictions for 2015

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/31/747054...edictions-2015

The end of the year is a great time for lists and predictions, so why not a list of predictions? Well, mainly because most predictions are boring. People are too afraid of being wrong to predict anything interesting.

So let me try to be a bit, well, bolder. These are things I think will happen but I wouldn't wager any actual money on. What I will wager is my reputation, because nobody really cares if the stuff pundits say in year-end prediction lists comes true.

1) The economy will grow 2.7 percent in 2015

This would be better than 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, or 2013 and along with a falling unemployment rate will feel a lot like good news. And in terms of our era of diminished expectations it will be good news. Combined with falling commodity prices, we may even see real wage growth. But compared to the mid-aughts — to say nothing of the genuine boom of the 1990s — it'll still be disappointing. Thank an overly cautious Federal Reserve.

2) You're going to hear a lot about Mike Pence 2016

Just saying. Don't sleep on Pence.

3) The stock market will go up for another year

Okay, this isn't so bold. The stock market goes up most years, but family members were asking about this over the holidays so apparently you can impress your relatives by making this prediction. For actual investing purposes, you need to remember opportunity costs and it's all much more complicated, though stocks are still a good long-term pick.

4) Obama's approval ratings will rise above 50%

The improving economy, a lack of contentious new domestic initiatives, and growing attention to pre-2016 intra-Republican squabbling will all help Obama regain the public's esteem.

5) The Memphis Grizzlies will win the NBA championship

Heck, why not? They're really good, and they've lucked into a year when both Oklahoma City and San Antonio can't seem to shake the injury bug while an underperforming Cleveland Cavaliers team doesn't pose much of a threat out east.

6) Lots of India hype

India is ready for a perfect storm of economic media hype. On the one hand, global trends toward cheaper energy prices will almost certainly lead to faster growth regardless of policy changes. On the other hand, the still new-ish right-wing government is inclined to say and do things that international finance types and the western business press favor. The nexus of the two will create a sense that the new government's reforms are working and India is the hot new thing. That will fuel an inflow of foreign investment to India, that will further boost the Indian economy and fuel the hype cycle.

It'll take years to know if the hype is justified, but next year is the year it'll be happening.

7) This flower emoji thing will be big

(◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

Laura Olin says it represents "A peaceful resolve to turn away from the headlines, retire to a friendly field of wildflowers, festoon one’s hair and/or beard with some of them, and pretend the news has just stopped happening."

8) Everyone will be talking about NAIRU

Really. This will be a thing. With unemployment falling, real wages rising and inflation low (thanks to cheap oil), and interest rates at record lows, there will be a lot of clamor for the Fed to put the brakes on growth before the economic party really gets started. These debates will hinge on something called "the NAIRU" so you'll want to spend New Year's Day reading my NAIRU explainer so you're ready for it.

9) Greece won't leave the eurozone

On its face, the political crisis in Greece seems relatively likely to lead to Greece exiting the Eurozone. And why not? Europe's leading politicians pretty clearly regret having let Greece in back in 1999 (particularly in off-the-record conversations), and Greek voters are clearly fed up with being told what to do by Brussels and Frankfurt. Journalistically, a "Grexit" is certainly the most interesting outcome, so people talk a lot about it, and at this point there are a lot of plausible theories about how it could go. But I think it's not going to happen. The forces of the status quo will rally, and another grand coalition will lead Greece through several more dreary years of austerity and slow growth.

10) Suburban sprawl will make a comeback

The housing bust, the long-term decline of the shopping mall, high oil prices, and the revitalizations of coastal urban cores gave us a slew of thinkpieces about the alleged reversal of America's long-term trend toward suburbanization. 2015 will be the year when sprawl makes a comeback, driven by the nexus of excessively tight zoning rules in those revitalized coastal cities and a general revival of housebuilding.

This won't mean there isn't demand for city living (check out house prices in San Francisco or Manhattan if you don't believe me) but nothing has fundamentally changed about the social, political, and economic forces that have driven suburbanization for decades.

11) Nothing will happen on police reform

There have been hints of a cross-party elite consensus that there's some need for greater police restraint in an era of falling crime rates, but December revealed two enduring truths — police departments don't want to change, and the public likes cops much more than it likes journalists or politicians. Nothing of substance is going to change as long as those two things are true.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015)

24. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

11 Predictions for 2015 That Are Bolder Than Vox's

Vox’s Matt Yglesias has a post Wednesday laying out 11 "bold" predictions for 2015 that aren’t that bold. The stock market will go up? Economic growth will be 2.7 percent? Nothing happening on police reform? Whoa, no way! (OK, the Memphis Grizzlies winning the NBA title and the emoji (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿) becoming popular—those are bold.) So without further ado, here are 11 downright crazy predictions for 2015:

1. The unemployment rate falls below 5 percent.
    The unemployment rate at 5.8 percent has fallen by about a percentage point each of the past two years. That isn’t likely to continue as we near full employment. Discouraged workers reentering the labor market will also put upward pressure on the unemployment rate. But unemployment was below 5 percent in the mid-2000s and even fell below 4 percent in 2000, the last time most Americans saw real wage growth. Let’s hope it happens again.

2. The price of oil falls below $25.
    Greece’s upcoming elections could reignite the Eurozone crisis, further weakening demand. It’s also not clear where the breakpoint is for U.S. shale production—meaning where the price of oil becomes so low that it doesn’t make sense for U.S. producers to continue production. Finally, OPEC, driven by Saudi Arabia, won’t cut supply, in part to hurt those U.S. producers and in part to destabilize Iran. All of this leads to a further drop in oil prices—and maybe a recession in Texas.

3. Senator Marco Rubio doesn’t run for president.
    Jeb Bush captures Florida's big donors and gives Rubio no space to run. Rubio is young. He'll be a popular pick for VP, so I think he’ll take a pass on this race.

4. Senator Elizabeth Warren does run for president.
    Why not?

5. Mitt Romney runs for president.
    A Republican field without a clear frontrunner will be very tempting for Romney. And if the GOP primary becomes a mess, he'll see a clear opening. Plus, he still leads in the polls, even if they don't mean much at this time. So, mark it down: Romney will enter the race. These are supposed to be crazy predictions after all.

6. Duke's men's basketball goes undefeated.
    The ACC has some difficult tests. But the Blue Devils have already beaten Wisconsin in Madison, and freshmen Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones have shown great poise under pressure. Duke hate will reach new heights in 2015 when my alma mater runs the table.

7. Russia stops backing Bashar al-Assad in Syria.
    Call this the Dan Drezner prediction: The Russian ruble has stopped crashing over the past few weeks as Vladimir Putin has used the country’s reserves to prop up the currency. But that is only a temporary solution. The Russian economy is still heading for a nasty recession if not an outright depression. In traditional currency crises like Russia is experiencing, a country receives a loan from the International Monetary Fund. But that won’t happen for Russia after its incursion into Ukraine.

It’s hard to imagine the pressure on Putin intensifying to the point that he returns Crimea to Ukraine and withdraws all support for the rebels. But he could make substantial concessions in Syria by reducing the Kremlin’s support for Assad. Maybe the U.S. and other countries would accept that. Maybe they wouldn’t. But Putin faces an ugly 2015 either way, especially if prediction #2 comes to pass.

8. Ebola returns to the U.S.
    The crisis has died down her for now but it is still ravaging West Africa. Unless we provide the adequate resources and doctors to get it under control there, more people with Ebola will enter the United States. We’re not going to close our borders to those countries—and that would be dumb anyways. The worst fear is that it becomes endemic to the region. Thar's why it's vital that we continue to fight the disease where it's worst, in West Africa, even if there are no cases here at home.

9. A minimum wage hike passes the Senate.
    I won’t go as far to say it will pass the House. But raising the minimum wage is very, very popular, even among Republicans. That’s going to be a challenge for the GOP presidential candidates and moderate Republican senators who are up for reelection. A number of states have already raised their minimum wages above the federal minimum of $7.25. And an improving economy gives businesses more room to increase wages, potentially ameliorating conservative concerns about a minimum wage hike killing jobs. They won’t agree to raise it to the president’s preferred number of $10.10. But there's plenty of room for a compromise.

10. Amazon enters crisis mode.
    For years, Amazon’s stock continually rose despite nearly non-existent profits. That all stopped in 2014 as its revenue growth continued to slow and the Amazon Fire phone flopped. The stock is down more than 20 percent for the year. Yet, a perception of Amazon as a growing behemoth that is set to conquer the American retail industry still exists. That perception will end in 2015.

11. More of these predictions come true than Vox’s.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015)

26. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

12 Big Geopolitical Events We Think Will Happen In 2015

My comment: The following predictions are not psychic predictions and are in the "educated guesses" category based on existing information and basic common sense on how something might trend.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/12-ge...#ixzz3NYZDfTTY

If 2014 proved anything, it's that guessing at the state of the world a year down the line is a vain or even slightly embarrassing endeavor.

Indeed, who could have expected a year ago that Russia would take over Crimea, ISIS would break out of Al Qaeda and declare a caliphate, the US would start bombing Syria and Iraq while approaching a nuclear deal with Iran,or that Ebola would ravaged three west African countries and scare the world?

Nevertheless, we're going to do our best to predict the big geopolitical stories of 2015:

Armin Rosen:

The Islamic State will lose control of Mosul. The US will continue to increase the number of "advisors" on the ground in Baghdad while upgrading "coordination" with Iran in preparation for a surprise push against the city in mid-2015. The US-Kurdish-Iraqi-Iranian assault will succeed in dislodging ISIS but not in totally defeating the group.

The Israeli elections end in chaos. A rejuvenated Labor party will win the most seats in the Knesset — but will fail to form a government, thanks to centrist and ultra-orthodox parties refusing to join one another in a coalition. Meanwhile, the insurgent Gideon Sa'ar will narrowly fail to dislodge Netanyahu as head of Likud, meaning that the Prime Minister will enter his third term in the weakest position of his political career. He will respond by entering into an unusual deal with Labor that makes the pro-peace process Tzipi Livni his foreign minister while committing the government to taking a superficially serious go at negotiating with the Palestinians. The Palestinians will quietly accede to a watered-down version of their pending UN resolution demanding an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank and enter into proximity talks with the Israelis. To no one's shock, these negotiations will go nowhere.

Tensions explode between Greece and Turkey over disputed gas deposits in the Aegean Sea. By the end of the year, the waters off of the north of Cyprus will be thoroughly militarized with a South China Sea-like face-off between two prideful and desperate countries that are also NATO allies. The escalation will end any discussion of constructing liquid natural gas terminals in Cyprus or pipelines in the northeastern Mediterranean. This will in turn make countries reluctant to sanction Russia's energy industry and indirectly benefit Vladimir Putin.

The year will end with no nuclear agreement between the US and Iran. Ayatollah Khamenei won't go all the way on a deal, while the P5+1, which will drop its demands on the disclosure of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps role in the country's nuclear program, won't be able to stomach Iran's requirement of a 10-year sunset clause and an insistence on plutonium reprocessing rights. The biggest foreign policy initiative of Obama's second term will basically end in failure, leading him to spend a lot more time focusing on lower-hanging fruit like rapprochement with Cuba — which he'll visit in September, at the beginning of the Caribbean tourism season.

South Sudan could be the site of Africa's next famine.

Famine grips the conflict-affected parts of South Sudan. A stalled peace process, plummeting oil production, and the prospect of US and international sanctions will leave the government of the world's newest nation in its most dire position since the country gained independence in 2011. Meanwhile, two missed growing seasons, interrupted supply lines, and increasing food prices will lead to east Africa's worst food emergency since the Somali famine of 2011.

Algeria's Abdelaziz Bouteflika dies. The longest-serving president in Algerian history has been in ill health and has barely been seen in public since his "re-election" in April of last year. It's likely he hasn't really been running things for awhile now. Despite widespread protests in Algeria during the Arab Spring period the putative president's death will have little actual impact on the country, whose socialist military government has successfully insulated Algeria against much of the chaos in neighboring Mali and Libya.

Putin's Eurasian Union slinks into the background. A sinking ruble will convince Armenia to indefinitely delay its membership in the Russian president's Eurasian Customs Union. The US will dangls the possibility of sanctions relief in front of Belarus as well in the hopes that the country's authoritarian and traditionally pro-Russian government switches sides. The war in Ukraine will continue but Eurasianism as a project will die in 2015.

Afghanistan goes better than expected. The social and political dividend from this year's peaceful transfer of power to new president Ashraf Ghani, alongside a backstop of over 10,000 US troops and increased Pakistani operations against Taliban forces operating from their territory will prevent the kind of precipitous backsliding that many feared would accompany the end of NATO combat operations.

ISIS will slowly evolve into a more al Qaeda-like organization: As it loses ground in the Middle East, it'll focus on terrorism abroad. This past year saw the proliferation of "lone wolf" attacks that may or may not be related to ISIS but were at least inspired by the group — car attacks in France and Canada, a hostage situation in Australia, and a shooting in Ottawa.

This shift in tactics will continue as ISIS loses ground and calls on its supporters overseas to launch attacks, as it did this past September.

Countries will be compelled to intervene in Libya, again. The spread of ISIS into Libya, the collapse of any central authority, the presence of two competing governments, numerous Islamic groups, a renegade general, and the proliferation of weapons from the country to terrorist hotspots around the world will lead to foreign troops again being deployed to the country.

Egypt and the UAE have already carried out airstrikes against Islamist targets in Libya. As the political situation continues to deteriorate and the chaos from Libya threatens the stability of neighboring countries like Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, and Niger, outside powers will be convinced that they have to act.

Most likely, Egypt and the UAE will continue carrying out aerial operations. Europe could also become involved in military efforts in Libya as any ongoing chaos in Libya is not too far removed from the shores of southern Europe.

Another Russian-linked aviation disaster could rock the world next year.

Another airborne disaster ratchets up the tension between Russia and the rest of the world. The crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was uniquely horrific. But Russia and its proxies nearly brought down civilian aircraft at other points in 2014 and could easily do so next year.

Last March, a Russian military plane nearly collided with a Swedish commercial jet carrying 132 passengers. Disaster "was apparently avoided thanks only to good visibility and the alertness of the passenger plane pilots," according to a European Leadership Network report on the "dangerous brinkmanship" between Russia and the West.

Another close call came in early December, again involving a Swedish passenger plane and a Russian aircraft that had turned off its transponders — the devices by which planes announce their location in order to avoid exactly these sorts of disasters.

On the military side, NATO member states have scrambled planes to intercept Russian incursions three times more frequently in 2014 than in the year prior. Each confrontation had its own small window for a potential disaster with wide political and security implications.

The more confrontations like this in European skies, the greater a chance for a repeat of the MH17 disaster in the new year.

Obama and Turkey collaborate to create a buffer zone in northern Syria. “My presidency is entering the fourth quarter," Obama told reporters at a year's end conference. "Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Running with the president's sports analogy, his foreign policy toward the Middle East can be summarized as overtures in the first quarter ("a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world"), selective support for some of the Arab Spring's new movements in the second, and indecision in the face of civil wars in both Syria and Iraq in the third.

Part of the game-plan for the fourth started to emerge late this year: Iraqi special forces trained by the US would begin their push for ISIS territory in the spring, despite local forces eager to take the fight to the extremists sooner in Mosul.

Alongside this trained force in Iraq, a no-fly zone — which Turkish officials see as a means to turn the tide against Assad — offers the Obama administration another way of addressing the deep political problems of the region with the help of its allies.
    Last edited by Roisin; 1st January 2015 at 08:38.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015)

28. Link to Post #55
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's an interesting idea nick but I'm currently working on another project here in this thread.

Like I said a few times already in this thread, we can't rely on those prediction hits that online psychics with websites say they had for 2014 because we don't know if they tampered with their list to make it look like their predictions came true.

They can easily change any information that they have on their website to make it look that way.

But by me posting their 2015 prediction lists here in this thread, I will be able to keep track of which ones they get right as they cannot come to this forum and edit their own prediction lists here. lol

------------------------------------------------------

Nick
    Btw, I know you're a big Simon Parkes fan and he's made a number of psychic predictions. Could you give us your opinion on his predictions and which ones came true?
    But are you saying that any of his predictions that have come true were only by chance, just like you're saying it is for anyone else who makes a prediction that comes true too?

Do you think that Simon would agree with you on that. That any prediction that he makes that comes true was only by chance? I would think he would find that very insulting wouldn't you?

And what about Carol Clarke who is a favorite of David Icke and Bill Ryan? Are you saying that any prediction that she gets right is only by chance too? And that on avg. only 10 % of them would be fulfilled as that's the percentage figure that you have come up with, off the top of your head, as the percentage of predictions that might come true for any bulk of them that are predicted at any given time? I say off the top of your head because you could not produce the data I asked from you to support your contention on that.

Also, because Simon Parkes and Carol Clarke make predictions, are you calling them "fortune tellers" then, just like you are calling everybody else out there who make predictions?

I think calling anyone who makes psychic predictions, the derogatory term "a fortune teller" is definitely being utterly disrespectful because you are calling them frauds and I shudder to think that people like Simon Parkes and Carol Clarke would appreciate being called that Nick. But it appears that this is what you are calling anyone out there who makes psychic predictions and that if a prediction of theirs comes true, it's only by chance and nothing more.

Just my .02 on this but I really do think that you should refrain from commenting on this forum about psychic predictions Nick because by calling everyone who makes predictions, frauds, you are alienating a huge chunk of those who are members, mods and administrators of this forum as many of them DO get psychic information that turns out to be precognitive wrt some upcoming event. By calling all of us frauds, you will definitely not win you any popularity points here, that's for sure!
    Last edited by Roisin; 1st January 2015 at 14:46.

29. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Fraud is not a word I used, although 'fortune tellers' may have been an unfortunate choice of words in some people's minds. But (again) you seem to have exaggerated matters by using words like 'utterly disrespectful'. I'm sure these people have been called much worse by others. And in any case, were are all entitled to our opinions. I get annoyed, even offended by other people's opinions as no doubt do you. It goes with the territory, providing it's not aggressive or insulting. I reserve my right to be offended; I'm a big boy now...

(You were calling someone a bully in another thread - until a mod stepped in. There's no need for you to get so cross.)

Not sure why you think I'm a big Simon Parkes fan. He has some interesting stuff to say, but he was way off when he said a race of aliens had to build a new and bigger CERN facility by 2015. There's no sign of that.

I think the fact that many big events last year went completely unpredicted stands for itself. Please highlight 2014 events that were accurately predicted would you?

In post 42 you wrote:
    Quote Oh, could you show that to us? Case by case?
    You'll find my data for your analysis in post 50.

Happy New Year.

Nick

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

thunder24 (1st January 2015)

31. Link to Post #57
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Nick

You said
    Quote (You were calling someone a bully in another thread - until a mod stepped in. There's no need for you to get so cross.)

Prove it.

As for Simon Parke, I've read at least one of your posts in that thread and you definitely seemed very, very supportive of his material in his thread. I can post that post here if you want. I saved it.

Also, you are being facetious by saying that you posted the data I requested from you in that post of yours that you are referring to... Why the mind games Nick? Why the accusations, which by the way, are completely unfounded.
    Last edited by Roisin; 1st January 2015 at 15:30.

32. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

What? Oh this is getting silly and way off topic. But anyway:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post916710

Proven...?

And Paul's comments in post 50 of that tread...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Matisse (1st January 2015), thunder24 (1st January 2015)

34. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)

As for Simon Parkes, I've read at least one of your posts in that thread and you definitely seemed very, very supportive of his material in his thread. I can post that post here if you want. I saved it.
    You actually saved it? Well then you might as well repost it. I remember asking him if his reptilian heritage would be picked up in a DNA test, or something similar, so you'd better remind me what else I wrote...

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

thunder24 (1st January 2015)

36. Link to Post #60
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ok.... So I said:
    Quote Is the Sun acting strange ? This from RMN....

So you are calling someone a DRUNK just because they're not agreeing with you Debunkshyn? Well.. if you call someone that here and get away with it then I'm calling you a bully.
    Also, if you are the "professional" photographer that you claim to be then you should most certainly at least have a cheap cam available to do a demo proving your debunk on the OP's video.

That you are saying that you can't prove that via a demo shown on a video indicates to me that you are just spouting tech mumbo jumbo off the top of your head and nothing more.
    And then Sydney stated:
    Quote Re: Is the Sun acting strange ? This from RMN....
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    "The lightning bolts, that are shining through the gentlemans fingers, is not unlike the light beams shining through this persons hand"

You are correct -- both are artificial artifacts created by the camera or lens itself hence why it appears between the camera and the hand.

:double facepalm:
    Yes, I labeled it LF for LENS FLARE
    My point is, that it all started with light that was there. Yes bouncing off of something. Lens flare is not the same as artifact. And you really are a smart ass. And rude, and hateful. And i am sick to death of your attitude towards people.

Then, Paul commented later but I'm seeing this post of his for the first time now....

Quote Default Re: Is the Sun acting strange ? This from RMN....
    Quote Posted by loc333 (here)
    DeDukshyn they showed how you can get sphere shape that close to the sun but it was a half as***sphere your right there exsplanation was bullsh**
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    What does this mean? Are you drunk? Can you elaborate on what you are trying to say? Especially this part "... your right there exsplanation was bullsh**" -- huh?
    My translation of what loc333 was saying:
    Quote DeDukshyn, they showed how you can get sphere shape that close to the sun, but it was a half arsed sphere. You're right, their explanation was bullsh*t.
    I agree with your later conclusion, DeDukshyn, that loc333 was agreeing with you. And I agree that the spelling and punctuation "anomalies" in loc333's post emulated someone who was inebriated ... why I don't know. It's hard to blame typing, spelling and punctuation errors on lens or sensor flare.

I disagree with, and object to, the comments of someone else on this thread who apparently knows far less of such matters than yourself, calling you a bully and trying to argue their case further with you. In my view, their comments on this thread were ill informed, incorrect and impolite.

It seems to be threads like this, often involving either lens and sensor artifacts, or low resolution cell phone videos of unidentifiable floating blobs, that help drive away the more competent analysts from Avalon, leaving behind those whose comments are less well informed, less logical and more ill mannered.

I try to avoid recommending to the other moderators that we apply harsh penalties, because bringing down the hammer on long standing, active members has its own negative side effects, and because that leaves myself and a few moderators the arbitrators of what's right and what's wrong on a wide variety of topics in which we might be no more the expert than the next typical member of Avalon.

But ... dang ... I sure wish that some members would better recognize and respect the expertise, talents, efforts and intentions of other members when such is well deserved, as in this case.
    Well, I didn't know that Paul commented on DeDukshyn calling that member a DRUNK and then sticking up for DeDukshyn for calling that member that as he posted that post later and I never logged back onto that thread for updates.

So you're right on that but I'm still going to call anyone who calls someone a DRUNK a bully just because that person does not agree with whatever he said. I think that's terribly offensive and even though I usually side with Paul on issues, in this case I'm not so sure about that.

By the way, I'm a professional Graphic Artist with university training in photography as a lot of my work involves taking photographs. I also worked as a part-time photographer for Olin Mills Studio for a number of years. So I know photography.
    I also used to earn extra pin money traveling all over the place for that company taking photographs at such things as weddings and other kinds of special events. Also traveled a lot to universities and high schools for graduation photographs. Obviously, after just reading over Paul's comment on those posts, now in retrospect I should have mentioned my own expertise and experience in the field of photography.

Olan Mills Studio has since been sold to Lifetouch Inc. back in 2011.

But thanks for pointing this out. Didn't know Paul even commented on that..

---------------------------------------------------

Nick, I don't want to talk to you anymore in this thread. I want to go back to the topic now. thanks

Oh, and happy new year too!
    Last edited by Roisin; 3rd January 2015 at 15:57.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (1st January 2015), Nick Matkin (1st January 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast