+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seen.is social network looks like a scam / trap. Linked to beforeitsnews not secure...

1. Link to Post #1

2. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member watchZEITGEISTnow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 390 posts

Default Re: Seen.is social network looks like a scam / trap. Linked to beforeitsnews not secure...

Use their systems against them. How? By posting this and every thing truth related. That IS the infowar.

Don't be scared, but don't say stupid incriminating things either.

Truth wins in the end.

##edit sorry jumped before i looked. That site rips people off (scam) not a facebook/twitter post I was thinking about.

3. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: Seen.is social network looks like a scam / trap. Linked to beforeitsnews not secure...

Before Its News is a strange site. The "moderators", such as they are, claim not to do any screening of items that they post. They do no editing what-so-ever, preferring to 'let truth be determined by the readers.' No surprise that they have become infested.

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Axman (2nd January 2015), Omni (2nd January 2015), yelik (2nd January 2015)

5. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Honored, Retired Member. Mutchie passed sometime in early January 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 times in 353 posts

I used to attend Beforeitsnews but MAN some of the stuff was FAR OUT and hey i can stretch my imagination as far as the next guy but Fellow Aspirant is RIGHT i think some of it bordered on madness / its a Disinfo hotspot !!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mutchie For This Post:

Axman (2nd January 2015), Omni (2nd January 2015), yelik (2nd January 2015)

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

A few friends joined Seen.is, and asked me to join. I did, but have only made one post there. Anyway, I'm a member. All members just got a letter from the founders of Seen.is via email. I'll copy it here, to give the "other side" of the story.

From my own perspective, my understanding is that there is no privacy (none, zero) online. Every keystroke you and I make - online - goes into NSA computers. Every keystroke! I have a computer background (programming) but know almost nothing about the nuts and bolts of encryption and decryption. My suspicion is that the really bad guys can decrypt anything, regardless of how it was encrypted. I realize that I may be falling for the notion that these black-ops scumbags have more power and technical capabilities than they really do, however, I operate under that assumption. It is part of why I realized several years ago (even before Snowden) that The Reset Button strategy could not rely on any stealth, and had to be so powerful that it is unstoppable even though they know exactly what we are going to do. Seen.is declares that they are doing NO data mining. Faceboog is all about data mining. I personally have not read anything that makes me want to cling to Faceboog and run away from Seen.is - if we are talking about comparisons between social media platforms. Social media (and I include forums such as Project Avalon) is our tool for connecting and sharing data and perspectives globally and quickly. It is the most powerful tool that the citizens of Earth have ever had, and is the primary reason that a global, mass awakening is taking place at an exponentially rapid rate. Yes, the creepy guys behind the curtains and their sociopathic masters will glean what they can from our conversations, but we are still having these (critical to awakening) conversations.

Here is a tangential perspective to the above: I am glad that the NSA saves every word I write. I hope I trigger human intervention, that is, I hope that what I write triggers computer algorithms to force humans to read what I write. They can't all be sociopaths, and maybe, just maybe, they will see the truth in what I write, and it will change their perspective. Thank you, NSA! What I write, I want shouted from mountaintops, and so thank you for everything you do to help spread my words.

So, without further adieu, here is the email from Seen.is:

===================================
    Hello users,

The smear campaign against Seen has moved to Europe, now in the form of a blog that makes several accusations against Seen and Seen's owner, Chris Kitze.

In Europe they do not have the background checkers and people finders which use public data that we have in the US.

They are thus unable to run background checks on prospective employees, and a child abuser is quite safe applying for a job at a day care center, or a convicted thief as a cashier in a store.

The spin on this blog is that it is a bad thing to be able to run background checks. We in the US think it is a valuable service.

Because the rumors are coming thicker every day, we thought it best to send our response to ALL our users, so they can hear the truth about the matter.

Ask yourself one question, who is spreading these rumors? And why? Do they really have your best interests at heart?

Here is Chris' answer to one of our users, regarding this latest rumor:

Several things you should understand about Intelius. It's true I have been a director there for several years, I was also an early investor. It's now called iNome. I'm not the CEO of that company at all, just a very tiny investor and director. That's a huge difference. Yes, that company was sued because of what another company did with the customers and lawsuits usually claim all kinds of things that might or might not be true. Those lawsuits were all resolved.

You need to understand, in the U.S. directors of companies are not involved in the day to day affairs of the company. Everything Intelius does is inside the US and follows US laws. They provide PUBLIC records, these are used by companies (and some individuals) to do background checks on people for hiring, etc. Keep in mind, this can be people's arrest records, which are PUBLIC in the U.S., among other things, that are used by people to decide if they should hire someone to babysit their children or hire for a job. Imagine if you hire someone to work at a bank who is a convicted bank robber! Or a child molester to baby sit your children!! That's the issue and there are quite a number of people who avoided a big problem using Intelius. Some things really do need to be out in public.

However, there are most definitely things that need to be kept in private. That's why I got together with some friends of mine to start Seen and Unseen. People are being abused by Google and Facebook and I haven't even gotten to the state security services. You know all about these. We did this also to help get news about the persecution of Falun Gong out to the world and especially to China. Many of us do this very peaceful meditation which is severely persecuted in China: http://faluninfo.net This is very important for people to know about.

Unseen (and Seen) are totally separate companies from Intelius or any other company and other than me, there are zero other Intelius shareholders in Unseen. We don't have any VC's or big companies or even other large outside investors, it's owned by me and the other people who work there. The company and servers are based in Iceland. It's an Icelandic private company, an ehf. It has absolutely nothing to do with Intelius.

We don't do ANY data mining whatsoever with Seen or Unseen, they're based in Iceland and I'm not even sure it would be legal to do that in Iceland. We barely even keep logs, only to protect from abuse and these are deleted regularly. If people delete things, we don't keep copies around. We don't run any ads on Unseen, but we'll need to run ads for free users on Seen.is to pay for the servers and bandwidth, which are pretty expensive in Iceland. Another thing is our encryption is pretty good and it's pretty easy to use, as I think you discovered. The premium account on Unseen will in the future turn off all the ads on Seen and turn on stronger encryption. Keep in mind, Seen is designed to be out in the open, but not open to the big companies like Google. We think this leaves the user in charge of their data.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

amor (2nd January 2015), astridmari (2nd January 2015), Axman (2nd January 2015), cursichella1 (3rd January 2015), Fellow Aspirant (3rd January 2015), Frank V (3rd January 2015), Omni (2nd January 2015)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

Anything I have to say is for the world to hear for the good of humanity and to further knowledge in directions which may be little spoken of. Let them run with that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (2nd January 2015), Fellow Aspirant (3rd January 2015), Frank V (3rd January 2015)

11. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    [...]All members just got a letter from the founders of Seen.is via email. I'll copy it here, to give the "other side" of the story. [...]
    I have brought this thread to the attention of our friend GoodETxSG because he too uses Seen, and he asked me to post that very same letter as you got here on this thread, but you beat me to it, Dennis. :-)

Namaste. :-)

12. Link to Post #8
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

WE should pay attention to the input right now- this place wold be the perfect place to slip ptw truth through as an ignorable improbability- (In plain sight) vigilance is the word when the call is to abandon a house.

+ Reply to Thread