+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Analysis of the Idea that "Everything is an Illusion"

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Default Analysis of the Idea that "Everything is an Illusion"

Wrote another blog article today, this time about the idea that everything is an illusion... Some may disagree and that is fine. It is my view that there are facts of reality, called the truth...

Full Article:
    Analysis of the Idea that "Everything is an Illusion"

I have seen a lot of people say "everything is an illusion", I couldn't disagree more. What one feels is not an illusion. Suffering, or the opposite is not an illusion. It is a state of the soul's interaction with the universe.

Perception can be riddled with illusions. However there is indeed a universal reality going on that is called "The Truth". As Mark Passio says, the truth is simply what is.

I believe the idea behind these notions being propagated is to promote solipsistic points of view. The idea in propagating solipsism for the powers that be is to instigate inaction. If everything is an illusion, what use is it trying to implement morality and ethics into this world. What use is it trying to change the world if everything is an illusion? Just like the 5D ascension stuff, the result is inaction. Just like the saviorship model of new age channelings and old channelings like christianity... The result is inaction. Some psy ops are harder to figure out what the purpose of them is. These ones stick out like a sore thumb...

Judging by the disinformation channels martyring themselves with predictions or things like descriptions of 'white hat' operations of change I'd say the powers that be really just want humanity to be inert for a few more years, and are ramping it up a notch to achieve such.

People claim quantum physics proves everything is an illusion. I am not into quantum physics much but I think the physical reality is quite real. It just has amazing illusory qualities.

Soul is quite real, the physical is quite real, universal mechanics and natural law are quite real in my view.

The word illusion has a certain amount of power to it if used correctly. I believe people do not use it correctly in many circumstances. There are illusions abundant on earth in the human mind. To say everything is an illusion is to generalize it all, instead of figuring out the intricacies of reality. Some things are illusions, some things are not.

Quote "Reality is pretty foreign to humans..." -Omnisense
    I can't say I'd rate human perception very much in alignment with truth at this time. The amount of misdirection going on is quite astounding. So I guess I can't blame people for giving up and just saying everything is an illusion.

Reality is composed of universal mechanics, the natural laws of the universe. Such as gravity. When growing up as a kid we learn these things. For example eventually we learn if we fall off a cliff our bodies will probably die and our souls will have to move on... What exactly out of that is an illusion? Physical ailments come and go, are they illusions? I do not think so. Although perception can be full of illusions, observable fact is occurring when these things take place.

There is such thing as a fact. Perhaps the powers that be know people are uncovering the facts, and unraveled mind control to make people think everything is an illusion to minimize the snowball effect from people learning facts... I know for a fact there are very dark powers on earth perpetrating acts like that. I know their models well. They run this world at this time.

Quote "Perception is where the illusions are, not the composition of reality."
    -Omnisense
    Being able to identify intricate illusions is key to understanding the deeper parts of the rabbit hole. If everything is an illusion,... one thinks they have figured out reality, when they are basically at step 1.
    Source Link: http://omnisense.blogspot.com/2015/0...-illusion.html

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th January 2015), Atlas (4th July 2016), Baby Steps (4th January 2015), citsym (4th January 2015), genevieve (5th January 2015), Hervé (4th January 2015), Jake (5th January 2015), justntime2learn (4th January 2015), Maia Gabrial (6th January 2015), Maunagarjana (6th January 2015), Skyhaven (5th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2015), TraineeHuman (5th January 2015), yelik (4th January 2015), ZooLife (5th January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Analysis of the Idea that "Everything is an Illusion"

Quote The idea in propagating solipsism for the powers that be is to instigate inaction.
    Agree. I have worn this T-shirt. Total inaction, because nothing matters!
    I have been bouncing between solipsism and poor morality and ethics for a while, but am gradually coming back to feeling that
    Quote soul is quite real, the physical is quite real, universal mechanics and natural law are quite real in my view.
    After all, why would Sophia have "become" the Earth if it's all illusion ...
    It's suddenly becoming clearer and clearer...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citsym For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th January 2015), Jake (5th January 2015), Omni (4th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2015), yelik (5th January 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

I think that what our mind is capable of doing now (tomorrow will be even better with technologies) is somewhat limited by our knowledge, senses and perception.

We are not yet able to see within matter, to see clearly within energies, to see clearly within the Earth, the Fire, the Air, the Water, the Aether and larger one, the Sun, our Solar System and the Universe. It's that way since we are not the creator of these things, so we are in a learning curve all the time, so much to learn, limitless!

In light of our limited capabilities, we may say that we don't have the full knowledge of what is, is it an illusion?, for a lack of better word, probably it's so!, but maybe, it's something else, time will reveal the mysteries of life.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Jake (5th January 2015), Omni (5th January 2015), Pam (6th January 2015), Skyhaven (5th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2015), TraineeHuman (5th January 2015), yelik (5th January 2015), ZooLife (5th January 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

I agree Omni, you present a good logical argument.

Humans have a range of odd built in mental safe guards, if all is lost God will save us, if we don't understand something or its a threat we can ignore it and hope it goes away or it's all an illusion.

We often here money is an illusion created by the Elites with the help of the negatives to enslave us through human greed and debt which it does, but in our reality it's hard to live a decent life without it.

Until we remove the psychopathic illuminati / cabal and their parasitic negatives from power we're stuck with it.

Whilst there is much strangeness in our world and many unknown paranormal forces and exotic technologies at work we still need to keep a level head and face up to the problems we can all see in plain sight.

This bubble of deceit we live under will not go away by being passive, nor should we be taken in or put off by the thought that if we think bad of the elites and their evil deeds it will only feed their power, I believe this to be both a ludicrous argument and an illusion, lol, which only serves to keep them in power and dumb down our will to rebel.

In my opinion they cause harm and suffering to fellow humans which is betrayal of the highest order and is fundamentally wrong so they must be held to account and brought to justice at any cost, one way or another.

We are dealing with real bad misguided people ( hybrids) causing real physical damage and harm to humanity and our planet which requires a real physical and conscious response, it is not an illusion; although technically there's no reason you could not make it all an illusion in you're own mind if you wished.
    Last edited by yelik; 5th January 2015 at 01:19.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Jake (5th January 2015), Omni (5th January 2015), ZooLife (5th January 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 times in 1,967 posts

I say.........

The Illusion is Real.

It's all in how you choose to look at it.

Just because something is real doesn't make it any less of an illusion.

Just because something is illusory doesn't make it less real

Duality, it's a bitch.

Last edited by ZooLife; 5th January 2015 at 01:17.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Baby Steps (5th January 2015), Jake (5th January 2015), Milneman (5th January 2015), Roseheart (5th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2015), TraineeHuman (5th January 2015), Wind (5th January 2015), yelik (5th January 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ZooLife (here)
    I agree in ways. The perception of reality is at times subjective. But lets say you have an AI observing reality, it can observe what is happening objectively by monitoring all variables involved. There is one objective truth going on in my view.

Thanks for the replies everyone

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Jake (5th January 2015), Milneman (5th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2015), ZooLife (5th January 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Reality cannot be an illusion, by definition.
    Reality can be misunderstood, the misunderstanding is illusion, again by definition.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

citsym (5th January 2015), Deega (11th January 2015), fourty-two (5th January 2015), Jake (5th January 2015), Milneman (5th January 2015), Omni (5th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2015), yelik (5th January 2015), ZooLife (5th January 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rebel (here)
    Reality can be misunderstood, the misunderstanding is illusion, again by definition.
    That is a dualistic way of thinking.

Definitions, fundamentally, are dualistic. Spend much time with them and it becomes readily apparent.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    I agree in ways. The perception of reality is at times subjective. But lets say you have an AI observing reality, it can observe what is happening objectively by monitoring all variables involved. There is one objective truth going on in my view.

Thanks for the replies everyone
    I perceive from the position you have mentioned but what if there is a dimensional world above that. What would that say about this 'objective truth' mentioned?

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member seeker/reader's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 times in 540 posts

Many near death experiencers report that their experience in the "other" realm is much more vivid, intense, sublime, surreal, super-saturated, where everything is alive with Consciousness and interconnected. They report synesthesia like abilities where all their senses work in unison when focusing their attention on something and they are amplified. As a result, many say that "other" realm seems much more real than this world, that this world seems now more like a dream or an illusion to them.
    Last edited by seeker/reader; 5th January 2015 at 18:13.
    "The sleeper must awaken," quote by Duke Leto Atreides from the movie, Dune.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seeker/reader For This Post:

earthdreamer (30th January 2015), Jake (5th January 2015), Omni (6th January 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Conscious observation breaks 'superposition'.. (creating physical reality out of potential) Something about Schrodingers cat comes to mind.. Any and all AI represents superposition that has already manifest, and can only observe within the construct of an already created reality...

There is perhaps a difference between artificial intelligence, and artificial Consciousness..

In a dream once,, I knocked on a door.. I felt the knocking with my knuckle,, I heard it with my ears... I experienced all of those things within the framework of a higher mind observing and creating and 'forcing' an outcome via the observation...

There is someone looking out of my eyes.... (observing)

If there is a higher self, then it reasonable to consider that this physical reality is its 'dream',, or Illusion...

And as one who has been outside the confines of physicality manymany times,, I tend to notice the 'glitches'..

Once, I became fully lucid in this physical reality... just like a lucid dream,,, I realized that I was'dreaming',, and was not awake... It passed, and now I am just the dreamer again.. Though, I will not forget it..

If there was a word that combined the words,, illusion/hologram/dream,,, then that is the one I would choose..

Of course in a world of impossibilities,, my experience may be unique...

Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Deega (11th January 2015), Milneman (5th January 2015), Omni (6th January 2015), Skyhaven (5th January 2015), yelik (5th January 2015)

21. Link to Post #12
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by Deega (here)
    I think that what our mind is capable of doing now (tomorrow will be even better with technologies) is somewhat limited by our knowledge, senses and perception.

We are not yet able to see within matter, to see clearly within energies, to see clearly within the Earth, the Fire, the Air, the Water, the Aether and larger one, the Sun, our Solar System and the Universe. It's that way since we are not the creator of these things, so we are in a learning curve all the time, so much to learn, limitless!

In light of our limited capabilities, we may say that we don't have the full knowledge of what is, is it an illusion?, for a lack of better word, probably it's so!, but maybe, it's something else, time will reveal the mysteries of life.
    If you want to know the secret of life, if you ant to look within matter and clearly see energies within, if you want to see the reality of the universe and your relation to it, you only have to do one simple thing.

Plant a garden.

Here endeth the lesson.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

There is one objective truth going on in my view.

AMEN!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Deega (5th January 2015), Jake (5th January 2015), Omni (6th January 2015)

23. Link to Post #13
    Deactivated
    Thanks

You know? I read this book as part of a class I was taking last semester by John Searle. And although I like how he approaches the idea of consciousness as a monist illusion of the physical matter of the brain...basically if I read him correctly he's saying that mind/self is simply an illusionary approach of the brain to assimilate sense perceptions. I wanted to fight this view in my last paper so I went online and searched out information on near death experiences, and surprisingly the study that I found actually indicated that before death, there is a spike in brain activity (a BIG spike) that could account for the near death experience.

There's still questions that I'm having difficulty answering, and this thread sort of touches on them. I've recently come to conclusions about certain dogmatic beliefs that simply cannot be true because of how they break down philosophically. It's leading me into different directions, good directions, really healthy directions I think.

Omni the more I read you, the more I regret the exchange we had towards the end of 2014. For my part in that, forgive me. The more I read you the more I really like you, the more I like the differences in what we believe.
    Having said that, I'm still going to burn the book.

No, not because I don't like Searle (although that'd be a great reason! It's got mould in it and that might endanger my entire library).

Let me suggest this on the heels of Jake's awesome post: reality basically breaks down into to possibilities. What is, and what we'd rather it was.

Think about that.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Jake (5th January 2015), Omni (6th January 2015)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    Quote Posted by Deega (here)

If you want to know the secret of life, if you ant to look within matter and clearly see energies within, if you want to see the reality of the universe and your relation to it, you only have to do one simple thing.

Plant a garden.

Here endeth the lesson.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

There is one objective truth going on in my view.

AMEN!
    Yeah!, plant a garden, I do!, amazing!, this year, I'll probably go for an acre, different plants.

But I was thinking of our usual way of doing things, ordinary life. When working to have a life, unfortunately, we don't always take the time to go within, to connect with the energies of Nature, to connect with the Universe, until you discover that it is indispensable to do it, then you start to try connect!

The best to you!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Milneman (6th January 2015), Omni (6th January 2015)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rebel (here)
    That is a dualistic way of thinking.
    Quote Definitions, fundamentally, are dualistic.
    I'd say the universe is quite dualistic. To deny duality is to deny reality IMHO. I would assume a likelihood of someone who accept denying duality as part of reality, the same type of archtype that would accept that everything is an illusion.. Duality is noted by physics as well. Duality is part of natural law in my view and isn't something to be denied(to me anyway, i dont mean others shouldn't - to each their own). I am not talking about perceiving things as good or bad. I mean the dualistic relationships between many things. It is undeniably part of the universe. I see no point in demonizing duality. In fact I quite revere Yin Yang...

Order/Disorder
    Suburban/Rural
    Health/Sickness
    Darkness/Light
    Love/Hate
    Positive/Negative
    Balance/Imbalance
    Subjectivity/Objectivity
    Equality/Inequality
    Freedom/Enslavement
    Truth/illusion
    Physical/Metaphysical
    Heavenly/Hellish
    Growth/Stagnation
    Synthetic/Natural
    Integrity/Corrupt
    Left Brained/Right Brained

Understanding reality comes packaged with understanding some things have polarities and extremely dualistic natures with other things. Some things have triplistic(3) aspects of reality. I don't see any demonization of triplicity. Or whatever it would be called. lol

Quote Spend much time with them and it becomes readily apparent.
    Yes, after understanding definitions comes, meaning being conveyed become possible. You are using definitions of words as well. I find the non duality crowd confusing since they obviously are against things like molestation, rape, enslavement, negation of free will, intentional tainting of genetics, sabotage of mankind. Obviously those things are "Negative" things. Unless one is content with their brothers and sisters being molested, raped, and sacrificed I think objecting to certain actions is needed. So acknowledging duality(that something is indeed bad, due to the nature of suffering it creates) seems kind of important in doing that...

I'd say the signs of someone thinking everything is the same, all an illusion, all just energy so why differentiate are readily apparent as well. It is a free pass for any sociopath to do what they want with the world. I'd think most of the bloodliners like the deeper end Rothschilds are moral relativists. I'm sure they love more people being programmed by moral relativistic nature.

Much of the control system is there to create inaction. Moral relativism and social darwinism(Satanist philosophies) also explain the world as quite fine how it is. To object to the state of the world is a sign of sanity IMHO.

So many around the world people are apathetic. Not nec. talking about Avalon. The world is stuck in illusions meant to make us inert.

christianity - Jesus will come and do it all for us, OR, the world will just be raptured to timbucktwo so why help mother earth...

New Age
    Solipsism,
    meditate the world into change,
    do not focus on dark truths because they 'give the dark people more power'(as if awareness is not key to change)., 5D is coming soon and will magically shift the world into heaven, Moral relativism(AKA non duality) AKA let anything happen because it's all just "energy", etcetc.

Through all of the psy ops etc this world is going down the tubes and barely anyone is lifting a finger to change it compared to the whole of the population. Something like 50-85% of the world thinks some mystical guy in the sky controls everything... Everything is set up so people are incapable of making a change to society. I see the signs everywhere. They have things for all kinds of people, to get them to be inert.
    Last edited by Omni; 6th January 2015 at 03:47.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Shezbeth (6th January 2015)

29. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

I think that good old Albert E. was on to something when he referred to our reality as being an "optical" illusion, an idea that meshes with the universe as a holographic in its underlying structure. I employ a quotation of this for my signature:

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness."

And this was in spite of his rejection of quantum physics' entanglement ramifications. He would not consider what he called "spooky action at a distance", yet he is comfortable espousing a view that is essentially the core of eastern mysticism.

He was a man of much depth, was Mr. Einstein.

Namaste,

Brian
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 6th January 2015 at 05:18.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Omni (6th January 2015)

31. Link to Post #17
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Omni,

Something to consider.

There is a tradition within Christianity that is not quite what you're describing, but is taken up as a kind of example of how "christianity", lower case intentional, is as an oppressive religious dogmatic tradition. No, it's not Gnostic. It's just quiet until you find it, and then it screams out at you like a wave of excited party goers.

Jesus isn't going to come and do it all for us. Think of the story where he told the cripple to pick up his bed and walk.
    Now think about this one. Suppose the man was never crippled to begin with.
    Ain't that a doodle berry. Changes the story completely doesn't it?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Omni (7th January 2015)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

People have been wondering forever if "everything" is an illusion or real. It's a very old philosophical question. But something can be an illusion in the sense that it is completely fabricated. Or it can be an illusion in that it's not quite what it appears to be. Something can exist without our being able to perceive it in its entirety. So, in the latter sense, I think reality, or our perception of it, is an illusion. But that is not to say it's not real and that it does not exist. It's just that we don't understand it completely, all the dynamics involved, or what it is ultimately. So, where I come down is that something can be real and an illusion at the same time. I call this a reallusion, since there seems to be no word for it. Anyway, one thing I definitely agree with you about, Omni, is that people's suffering is real. I don't think anyone's suffering should be diminished, even if the causes of it are actually illusory.
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

earthdreamer (30th January 2015), Omni (7th January 2015), Wind (10th January 2015)

35. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I find a strong distinction between what has been labelled as "real" and that which be better labelled as "persistent" -- just my perspective

Illusion is persistent. but not consistent. The "reality" of the world 1000 years ago is an entirely different "reality" we have today. No consistency at all.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Omni (7th January 2015), Wind (10th January 2015)

37. Link to Post #20
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

magicians who claim everything is an illusion should be touched with the fist lighter or heavier depends on how much he believes it. if he's hurt you can say that he's not really suffering because you pretended to hit him. it was just an illusion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast