Thread: Chest infection and congestion

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Default Chest infection and congestion

Hi all

Was wondering what others do when the cold and flu season comes and the dreaded colds arrive soon followed by infections and congestion in the chest.

For years I have inhaled steam from a bowl of hot water with a mixture of grated ginger and a small dab of vapourub.

I am very interested to know what others do, besides visit the docs surgery..

Thanks

Don
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th January 2015), DNA (8th January 2015), justntime2learn (8th January 2015), Rocky_Shorz (8th January 2015), sandy (8th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member FraZZleD's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Chest infection and congestion

I take Airborne as soon as I feel something coming around. I use to get sick for 6 weeks and that's including the lingering cough.....because I smoke.
    Now it only lasts two weeks. Works great for me cold or flu.

FraZZleD

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FraZZleD For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th January 2015), DNA (8th January 2015), justntime2learn (8th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,978 times in 5,652 posts

Bronchial Wellness by Gaia Herbs. Works wonders. Scouts honor. Research it. Healed many people I know.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th January 2015), DNA (8th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th January 2015), justntime2learn (8th January 2015), regnak (8th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015), yelik (8th January 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

I ask my guardian angel to protect me from infections. I ask my body to tell me as soon as an infection begins to take hold. "We'll fight it together." I have had only a few occasions in recent years when that was not enough. Then I use dowsing techniques to destroy the virus. "I am scrambling the frequencies of the virus into the frequency of pure water. There was one time in 2013 when I gave up after three days and told God that I was putting the cure in His hands. I was unable. I was cured the very next day. With this arsenal, I rarely get an illness that lasts for more than a day.

I know that most people rely on pills and other remedies because that is how they were trained. I hope that I have convinced one or two of you to try my way.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th January 2015), justntime2learn (8th January 2015), Kryztian (9th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

im convinced...thank you

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    I ask my guardian angel to protect me from infections. I ask my body to tell me as soon as an infection begins to take hold. "We'll fight it together." I have had only a few occasions in recent years when that was not enough. Then I use dowsing techniques to destroy the virus. "I am scrambling the frequencies of the virus into the frequency of pure water. There was one time in 2013 when I gave up after three days and told God that I was putting the cure in His hands. I was unable. I was cured the very next day. With this arsenal, I rarely get an illness that lasts for more than a day.

I know that most people rely on pills and other remedies because that is how they were trained. I hope that I have convinced one or two of you to try my way.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th January 2015), justntime2learn (8th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

So far a regular intake of ginger and garlic have don wonders at prevention!

I did get hit with the chest infection/congestion this year which i tried a new approach (ontop of increased intake of garlic and ginger ) which was vaping menthol flavored juice - same effect as inhaling steam from a bowl or having a hot shower but the menthol packs a punch with opening the airways and helping break up/bring out the gunk.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th January 2015), DeDukshyn (8th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 times in 216 posts

From phytotherapy point of view Umckaloabo herb makes wonders in common cold and all kinds of upper/lower respiratory infections. I think it can be found in Europe and US in solution, syrup vand tablet forms.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

cursichella1 (8th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,266 times in 763 posts

Zicam the moment I get the feeling that I'm coming down with something, or when I'm surrounded by many that are sick. It is a zinc formulation that is supposed to be the one thing that actually kills the cold virus. The few times I didn't get around to using it until the cold started to manifest, it still managed to minimize the symptoms enough that I forgot I'd caught a cold. Highly recommend.
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

Blacklight43 (8th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

Hi,
    I do turmeric with black pepper in milk, have been putting five drops of oregano oil in there, I think the milk with a bit of swirling makes a liposomal suspension. Raw garlic, finely chopped, my stomach cannot take it crushed.
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 12th January 2015 at 23:04.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

cold water cure the colder the better really cold look up the water cure sebastian kneipp

you can get it for free book is almost 100 years old google it

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

I also do a vapor steam bowl using Village Naturals Therapy Liquid Mineral bath. Just a few teaspoons in the bowl will open your sinuses and chest. I put a few drops of oregano oil in a tall warm glass of water and sip it to ease the pain. Makes sure the oregano oil is not the super concentrated kind or it will burn going down. If it is, less is more.

Much love and good luck!
    Julia

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Stephanie (8th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015), WhiteFeather (8th January 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Garlic cloves, honey, lemon or lime in hot green tea, to flush out free radicals and toxins. Chicken soup w/egg drop n wild scallions chopped.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th January 2015), Gardener (8th January 2015), Rocky_Shorz (8th January 2015), Stephanie (8th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

I have not seen oil of oregano mentioned. I have not had chest infections but I sometimes start having a respiratory "sniffle" and use it "neat" (meaning undiluted). Immediate no sniffles response for me. The biggest gauge that it is a powerful antibiotic (bacterial fighter) is when I developed a tooth abscess in one day. I squirted it neat on my tooth twice daily and the swelling and pain immediately began to reverse. By the next day only a little swelling of the jaw. Then gone and no recurrence.

My friend who recommends cleanses says he is never ill after doing a program a few years ago.

Honey and lemon in equal amounts is a throat soother and cough syrup I love. I put the syrup in ginger tea and drink it because the combination is delicious and I feel warmed and not just because it is good for me.

The other perennial help of strong chicken soup gets better with ginger in the broth IMO.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Gardener (8th January 2015), Rocky_Shorz (8th January 2015), Stephanie (8th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

garlic, garlic and more garlic. Make sure it is organic living garlic and hasn't been irradiated to prevent it from sprouting in the stores. You want to see a bit of green when you slice into the clove.
    I also find that if I do a light cardio workout...just enough to get the heart and breathing rate up, it helps to loosen up the lungs so you can clear the congestion out.
    We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
    Calloway

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ki's For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th January 2015), DeDukshyn (8th January 2015), Gardener (8th January 2015), Kryztian (9th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

I felt it hitting a few days ago when first seeing this thread appear, started as a head cold, which normally sinks to my chest into a nasty month long battle...

I dropped by the store bought vitamin C 1000 mg, 2 gallons of orange juice, and airborn...

yesterday, it hit hard, so I started every 4 hours airborn, 2-1000 mg vitamin C and a 16 oz glass of juice...

as the day went on it was getting worse and worse, the severe chills hit just before bedtime, so I put on a long sleeve turtle neck, with a sweater over that and crashed...

woke up soaked from sweat, but the head cold is better this morning, and without that my chest has cleared...

I made a huge pot of spaghetti last night with the whole bulb of garlic so between that and the C it seems to have kicked this one.

over at the drug store, I talked to 6 or 7 people who got the flu after this years vaccine, so they targeted the wrong strain...

hoping this is the end of it, still hitting the C and airborn today, don't want to slip backwards...

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Andrographis. Seriously, I haven't had a cold or flu that can keep me down let alone knock me down since I discovered this natural herb. And LOTS of water - keep a glass / bottle with you and just sip it all day long - avoid caffeine. Eating lots of soup helps keep fluid levels up. This is all I do and I haven't had a severe cold or flu ever since.

If you can get past the viral part relatively quickly and easily (as I do with my above method) there is little chance for a bacterial or fungal infection to take hold after your body has already dealt with the virus. These usually only take hold after your immune system is weakened from focusing on the virus for an extended period of time.

Qualifications: Personal experience and I work for one of the best natural health product companies in the world - Advanced Orthomolecular Research. =)
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 8th January 2015 at 23:59.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

As soon as I feel that
    'Buggy-Nose'
    Buggy-Throat'
    I breath in, then gargle and spit then sip and swallow 'Apple Cider Vinegar'
    Seems to clear and chase the bugs away
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th January 2015), DeDukshyn (9th January 2015)

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

I started ingesting raw local honey over a year ago and it has been a miracle in keeping me healthy and from getting sick. My allergy's went to almost zero. Its important to keep up with your vitamins and watch what foods you eat. Drink lots of fresh water. Stay away from processed stuff and only eat natural foods. Stay away from vaccines and anything that could affect you immune system like too much sugar or even salt. I personally stay away from pharmaceuticals. There are too many poisons in our food and toxins to make us sick intentionally.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th January 2015), birddog (9th January 2015), DeDukshyn (9th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member birddog's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Sith73,

" I started ingesting raw local honey over a year ago and it has been a miracle in keeping me healthy and from getting sick. My allergy's went to almost zero."

I have friends who have bees and I was reading up on the benefits of raw honey.. Since I have asthma, I am always interested in finding ways to handle it without
    having an attack. Local honey is the key. Local because you are dealing with the allergies in your local area. This helps give you resistance, or immunity.
    I also want to recommand apple cider vinegar too, with the honey. Buy the kind from the health food store..I think it's Braggs. It works.

Peace and Happiness

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birddog For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th January 2015), DeDukshyn (9th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Buy a $50 nebulizer and inhale the mist of any number of healing agents. Baking soda. Silver solutions. Hydrogen Peroxide. Freshly ozonized water. Herbal solutions. Iodine. Do this every 2 or 3 hours to stay on top of the replication of the virus or bacteria, or fungus. Colds and flus do not have a chance when using this method.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

avid (9th January 2015), Baby Steps (9th January 2015), Sith73 (9th January 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast