+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't give in to mainstream medicine charlatans

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Don't give in to mainstream medicine charlatans

Dear Avalonians,

First of all I'd like to point out that this is by no means a general recommendation to your personal situation, but merely the depiction of my personal experience.

Last two weeks I've been struggling with what started as a mild form of bronchitis with active coughing and sour throat. Given that I do not have health insurance, I tried to avoid visiting a doctor and spend two days worth of paid work for me, for a recipe of poisonous chemicals in exchange. Therefore I started visiting different pharmacies seeking for natural alternatives to alleviate my symptoms. From my interaction with several pharmacists I realized that the real reason that they majorly push you to official medicines is their lack of education (I know it sounds harsh but it's the sad truth) and most importantly their fear of taking responsibility. Therefore they rely to big pharma prescriptions, just because they are officially approved and thus they won't hold any responsibility for their failure.

Being an inquisitive person (others may call it stubborn ) I persistently refused to give in to their pressure of taking big pharma medicines, but chose to educate myself instead. So after a thorough search I decided on a strict detox program with a mixture drink by boiling a local green tea variety (Sideritis scardica), organic thyme honey, bay laurel leaves (Laurus nobilis), a whole lemon and veggie butter three times a day.

After three days and when the situation seemed to become desperate and the fever reached up to 40 oC suddenly a lump of tissue at the size of a nutmeg (too gross to upload pictures) came out of my throat and a couple of hours later coughing is gone, throat is not soar anymore and temperature has already dropped to almost normal. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if I had left that thing growing in my throat by following the advice of the so called professionals.

Love and peace
    FB
    Last edited by fractal being; 13th January 2015 at 01:46.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

Agape (13th January 2015), Gaia (13th January 2015), Gardener (13th January 2015), Heart-2-Heart (13th January 2015), Ikarusion (13th January 2015), jjjones (13th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (13th January 2015), kennywally (11th February 2015), Matt P (13th January 2015), meeradas (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015), Omni (13th January 2015), sandy (13th January 2015), selinam (13th January 2015), simbad24 (13th January 2015), Snowflower (12th January 2015), WhiteFeather (13th January 2015), wnlight (13th January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Default Re: Don't give in to mainstream medicine charlatans

Great home remedy, FB. Agree totally about Allopaths.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

fractal being (12th January 2015), Gardener (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015), Omni (13th January 2015), WhiteFeather (13th January 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fractal being (here)
    Dear Avalonians,

First of all I'd like to point out that this is by no means a general recommendation to your personal situation, but merely the depiction of my personal experience.

Last two weeks I've been struggling with what started as a mild form of bronchitis with active coughing and sour throat. Given that I do not have health insurance, I tried to avoid visiting a doctor and spend two days worth of paid work for me, for a recipe of poisonous chemicals in exchange. Therefore I started visiting different pharmacies seeking for natural alternatives to alleviate my symptoms. From my interaction with several pharmacists I realized that the real reason that they majorly push you to official medicines is their lack of education (I know it sound harsh but it's the sad truth) and most importantly their fear of taking responsibility. Therefore they rely to big pharma prescriptions, just because they are officially approved and thus they won't hold any responsibility for their failure.

Being an inquisitive person (others may call it stubborn ) I persistently refused to give in to their pressure of taking big pharma medicines, but chose to educate myself instead. So after a thourough search I decided on a strict detox program with a mixture drink by boiling a local green tea variety (Sideritis scardica), organic thyme honey, bay laurel leaves (Laurus nobilis), a whole lemon and veggie butter three times a day.

After three days and when the situation seemed to become desperate and the fever reached up to 40 oC suddenly a lump of tissue at the size of a nutmeg (too gross to upload pictures) came out of my throat and a couple of hours later coughing is gone, throat is not soar anymore and temperature has already dropped to almost normal. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if I had left that thing growing in my throat by following the advice of the so called professionals.

Love and peace
    FB
    As an UK Citizen, we do not have to pay any health insurance whatsoever, also if I was to see a GP, ( a Doctor) and she gives me a prescription to exchange in the pharmacy for the ailment that warranted the prescription. My question to you is, if you lived in the UK and enjoyed free health care on the NHS as this country do, would you still not take the big pharma prescription that you have to pay for if it was free? hope you are well

Kev

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevBoh For This Post:

fractal being (13th January 2015), Gardener (13th January 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

You managed to find a working solution. Bravo.
    In emergencies like that i use vinegar. honey or apple. I solved a tooth infection when the antibiotic failed. Instant body detox in the body.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

fractal being (13th January 2015), jjjones (13th January 2015), Violet (11th February 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by KevBoh (here)
    As an UK Citizen, we do not have to pay any health insurance whatsoever, also if I was to see a GP, ( a Doctor) and she gives me a prescription to exchange in the pharmacy for the ailment that warranted the prescription. My question to you is, if you lived in the UK and enjoyed free health care on the NHS as this country do, would you still not take the big pharma prescription that you have to pay for if it was free? hope you are well

Kev
    Dear Kev,

Please do not take this as a personal insult. Unfortunately my country doesn't have tenths of colonies to squeeze their natural resources in order to provide global healthcare for it's brain washed citizens, and it's not a capitalist powerhouse either. In the past I had relied to big pharma medicines for similar situations, but the recovery was never so smooth or rapid and hence I decided to post my experience here. Literally in just a couple of hours I went from being in bed with high fever and pain all over my body to being active like nothing was going on with me a few hours ago.

But to answer your question seriously, I can more than afford official medicine, that's not the issue or the point for me. Being the person I'm now I wouldn't get it even if it was for free, at least not if I didn't educate myself first around it and make sure that there isn't something similar that mother nature doesn't already provide. Educating oneself is a rough business though. For me it helps that I'm a biologist. Doesn't it bother you that a huge portion of UK medical research is done with public money, but you as a UK citizen do not have access to that information in order to decide for yourself whether you could trust the big pharma medicine?

And thank you I feel a lot better already

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

Art (13th January 2015), Gardener (13th January 2015), KevBoh (13th January 2015), Matt P (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fractal being (here)
    Quote Posted by KevBoh (here)

Kev
    Dear Kev,

Please do not take this as a personal insult. Unfortunately my country doesn't have tenths of colonies to squeeze their natural resources in order to provide global healthcare for it's brain washed citizens, and it's not a capitalist powerhouse either. In the past I had relied to big pharma medicines for similar situations, but the recovery was never so smooth or rapid and hence I decided to post my experience here. Literally in just a couple of hours I went from being in bed with high fever and pain all over my body to being active like nothing was going on with me a few hours ago.

But to answer your question seriously, I can more than afford official medicine, that's not the issue or the point for me. Being the person I'm now I wouldn't get it even if it was for free, at least not if I didn't educate myself first around it and make sure that there isn't something similar that mother nature doesn't already provide. Educating oneself is a rough business though. For me it helps that I'm a biologist. Doesn't it bother you that a huge portion of UK medical research is done with public money, but you as a UK citizen do not have access to that information in order to decide for yourself whether you could trust the big pharma medicine?

And thank you I feel a lot better already
    Thanks for getting back to me, I will look into this in more detail tomorrow and get back to you, it's half past midnight, and my eyes are closing :D To be continued tomorrow

Best Regards

Kev

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KevBoh For This Post:

fractal being (13th January 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

I don't give in to doctors, ever. And IMHO doctors today are just a product of the pharmaceutical companies.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Art (13th January 2015), fractal being (13th January 2015), genevieve (14th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (13th January 2015), Matt P (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

out of all ""logies"" of this sick perverted science i have most respect for biologists. argument - you cannot ever lie with theories an animal to be your friend. But you can surely lie to the whole educational system. I never saw an actual image of vitamin C in textbooks with actual microscopic apearance . I only saw formula and sketch. I'm seriosly disguted about the huge brainwashing that happened to me in school. In the whole microbiology class there is never a single demonstration of why it is the way that they portray it.
    Last edited by simbad24; 13th January 2015 at 00:46.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

fractal being (13th January 2015), Hughe (14th January 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by simbad24 (here)
    out of all ""logies"" of this sick perverted science i have most respect for biologists. argument - you cannot ever lie with theories an animal to be your friend. But you can surely lie to the whole educational system. I never saw an actual image of vitamin C in textbooks with actual microscopic apearance . I only saw formula and sketch. I'm seriosly disguted about the huge brainwashing that happened to me in school. In the whole microbiology class there is never a single demonstration of why it is the way that they portray it.

The official excuse is that there is never enough budget to thoroughly explore life, however there are always plenty of money to spend in death machines. I can vividly remember the NATO sponsored equipment that the microbiology lab would use in my UNI.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

NancyV (13th January 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

wait a second . big pharma amounts to 1 trilion a year just in us. what's the average pay for a researcher? better yet. what about a dedicated researcher who just want to do it for the sake of it and who just wants an average pay and maybe some recognition?

with that kind of money it's easy to create hundreds of thousands of microbiology labs with open source information. every micro city would have a nutrition analysor to test for nutritional content and to see the state of polution in food daily not once a year.
    Last edited by simbad24; 13th January 2015 at 01:16.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

fractal being (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015), WhiteFeather (13th January 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

In my opinion health should not be a capitalistic type of thing. As long as people's health is involved in capitalism you will see suppression of natural cures and a general lack of integrity among such channels.. Pretty much all the cures for things are natural. The synthetic compounds they produce often only treat symptoms, not the source of it, and come with plenty of side effects that themselves will have to be cured.

I try to tell my mother who is a PA(physicians assistant) professor now, to not take the big pharma company lines. I feel if she listened to me she would be out of the job though.... She seems to be aware of suppression of natural cures, but as it stands now she is on like 10 different medications. I feel she was brainwashed by her education... She feels big pharma offers people solutions. When I try to tell her it is often poison she has cognitive dissonance because she cannot come to terms with the fact she is dealing poison to people... She is into natropathic cures as well though, so I wouldn't say she is a bad doctor type. She has a good influence on people despite being a poison pusher at times...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

fractal being (13th January 2015), Gardener (13th January 2015), Matt P (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015), Pweeky (13th January 2015), WhiteFeather (13th January 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Both of you deserve a more thorough response on my side, but given that it is half past bed time for me I'll reserve that for tomorrow. However the main point is this:

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)

I try to tell my mother who is a PA(physicians assistant) professor now, to not take the big pharma company lines. I feel if she listened to me she would be out of the job though....
    If you work in that industry is either do it our way or get out of our way...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

Art (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015), Omni (13th January 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Thumbs up Bronchial Wellness

And by the way. Bronchial Wellness by Gaia Herbs works wonders for that weird F..g chemtrail spraying bronchial thingy that's been going around. Comes highly recommended.

Some stores you can purchase it at:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0KZ05B6981
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 13th January 2015 at 03:12.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Agape (13th January 2015), fractal being (13th January 2015), Joe Sustaire (13th January 2015), NancyV (13th January 2015)

27. Link to Post #14
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

man. chemical medicine works for 1 emergencies 2 surgeries 3 infections 4 vaccines (but they do also serious damage also). ANy other disease is not curable. More so, they have invented a lot of diseases that don't exist like the cholesterol lie . So what's good should remain good but what's bad should be canceled. well capitalism is a good productive way to solve problems . in my view it's not capitalism to blame. it's the fact that the states gave absolute power to them to the people who make money. and those people corrupt science to be a monopoly that suits them. and they also corrupt law makers and institutions to distroy and imprison and put of business all the competitors(natural medicine, bioenergy, homeopathy , acupuncture) during the last 100 years. this is bad capitalism . money that perverted truth and science by the means of people who will stop at nothing to conserve and preserve what they have. the best promising type of medicine could be Restorative medicine which involves new organs which can be grown in a lab with your own cells. And that could actually work.

I think that i should give examples of why i think so :

hoxey argument and how money science works

gerson therapy argument

Monsanto argument

The ""truth"" is always in the hands of the powerful

they are there just to treat symptoms not to find cures.and to posibly minimise the side effects in public eye with a good quality commercial or with a good law or with a ""scientific"" study.

Last edited by simbad24; 13th January 2015 at 12:58.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

29. Link to Post #15
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

"doctors today are just a product of the pharmaceutical companies"

Actually it is that USA doctors today are held captive by big pharma, the law, and the insurance companies. If they prescribe anything out of the ordinary, they can loose their license.

Not so in Ecuador.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

fractal being (13th January 2015), Omni (13th January 2015)

31. Link to Post #16
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

I seem to have a cycle of becoming panicked (depending on what the issue is) going to the doctor, following their recommendations - realizing it's not doing **** then investigating natural alternatives which surprisingly do work.

I was also appalled that the doctor's attitude was "yeah you've got this there's nothing you can do that will fix it but this will treat the symptoms..." treating the symptoms - never curing the problem - is how they make a lot of money.

Coconut oil is now on my list of awesome medicinal thingys! Nothing I can do to fix it my butt. Coconut oil is definitely fixing the issue with remarkable speed!

If anyone has a remedy for a Ganglion cyst that is not protruding please let me know. I blatantly refuse to go in to surgery for it - especially when chances are it will just come back. Have been putting up with it in the meantime.

Just need to reset my gut flora (which is proving to be a bit harder) then I wont have to worry about getting sick again for quite some time!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

wait a second . big pharma amounts to 1 trilion a year just in us. what's the average pay for a researcher?
    Those numbers are actually false, because they do not include the budget diverted to secret military projects or bizarre privately funded ones. As for the average pay of a researcher, in the US alone it is estimated that the average pay for a graduate student (which carry the bulk amount of research under the shackles of well reputed senior scientists) is lower than the one offered from McDonalds if any at all. Now why millions of young researchers accept to enslave themselves in such a system is beyond my comprehension and it definitely requires a more detailed socio-economical analysis.

better yet. what about a dedicated researcher who just want to do it for the sake of it and who just wants an average pay and maybe some recognition?
    That dream for the average scientist died [in Europe at least] late 90s early 00s. Nowadays only France, Switzerland, perhaps Spain and the Scandinavian countries offer that possibility which is strictly limited for their own citizens. If you are not a citizen of those countries you are gently encouraged (or directly forced) to leave those countries after offering 3-4 years of your expertise there. The way it stands right now there are 4 categories of scientists:

1. The one you mentioned, that are dedicated, but also willing to ignore all the flaws of the system in order to serve their genuine scientific interests and are mostly enrolled in environmental projects. From what I've seen in most cases they do not depend on the poor salary to fulfill their dreams either because they have other sources of income, or because they follow a very low budget life-style. In this category can fit also scientist that come from under-developed countries for which moving to a western country is the biggest motive.

2. The ones who do it for the money. Those are normally self centered egomaniacs that seek that only chance to make a breakthrough and patent their finding (which was funded by public money by the way) and capitalize on it for their own interest sometimes going as far as manipulating data or hiding major side effects.

3. The ones who do it for the glory. Usually they will capitalize on their research in order to gain prestigious positions in decision making organizations or the political scene. Not surprisingly many of them are caught (if ever) plagiarizing or exploiting other fellow scientists' work.

4. The brilliant ones. Well some people just have it. They're pure geniuses with a lust for raising the bars of human understanding of the world. You'll be surprised to find out that most of them they don't end up serving the average human and you won't read about them anywhere. I would assume that they're rather enrolled in secret projects with their findings never reaching the public or offered limitless resources and funding from dodgy advanced institutions that we may never know their real research.

with that kind of money it's easy to create hundreds of thousands of microbiology labs with open source information. every micro city would have a nutrition analysor to test for nutritional content and to see the state of pollution in food daily not once a year.
    I remember I read an article couple of years ago of an Irish student that dropped his PhD and created a fully operational cloning lab at home with recycled materials with as little as 1500$. Unfortunately I can't find the article on the net anymore, but the point is that it is strictly prohibited in most western countries and you might actually get charged for terrorism, apart from the various ethical issues and possible environmental dangers.
    Last edited by fractal being; 14th January 2015 at 00:56.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

simbad24 (14th January 2015)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    In my opinion health should not be a capitalistic type of thing. As long as people's health is involved in capitalism you will see suppression of natural cures and a general lack of integrity among such channels.. Pretty much all the cures for things are natural. The synthetic compounds they produce often only treat symptoms, not the source of it, and come with plenty of side effects that themselves will have to be cured.

I try to tell my mother who is a PA(physicians assistant) professor now, to not take the big pharma company lines. I feel if she listened to me she would be out of the job though.... She seems to be aware of suppression of natural cures, but as it stands now she is on like 10 different medications. I feel she was brainwashed by her education... She feels big pharma offers people solutions. When I try to tell her it is often poison she has cognitive dissonance because she cannot come to terms with the fact she is dealing poison to people... She is into natropathic cures as well though, so I wouldn't say she is a bad doctor type. She has a good influence on people despite being a poison pusher at times...
    The thing with natural cures is that they can't be patented and thus cannot generate profits for big pharmas. Now if you take into consideration that the main way that a scientist is promoted into the system is through the so called "publish or perish" method where you are forced to publish as frequently as possible without having the time in most cases to double check your facts and that publishing itself is controlled from the same corporations that own the big Pharma companies or from highly nepotistic scientific associations, it makes sense that whoever attempts to go against the generally accepted standards or even dares to question what is considered established knowledge, won't stand a chance to go any further on that system.

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

well capitalism is a good productive way to solve problems . in my view it's not capitalism to blame. it's the fact that the states gave absolute power to them to the people who make money. and those people corrupt science to be a monopoly that suits them. and they also corrupt law makers and institutions to distroy and imprison and put of business all the competitors(natural medicine, bioenergy, homeopathy , acupuncture) during the last 100 years. this is bad capitalism . money that perverted truth and science by the means of people who will stop at nothing to conserve and preserve what they have. the best promising type of medicine could be Restorative medicine which involves new organs which can be grown in a lab with your own cells. And that could actually work.
    Well I'm not sure this discussion is fitting with the main OP, but I think I can convince you following the same line of thinking as yours, that what you've known as communism or socialism is in fact an example of bad communism/socialism. When it comes to problem solving though I hope we can agree that a set of people working together towards a solution is more effective than a set of people competing with each other towards a goal. You see it's the hierarchical model that removes the fun out of it. Even in capitalistic societies when it comes to problem solving duties among groups, team spirit is considered the highest virtue of an employee. When it comes to profit generation and risk management is when leadership skills are sought.

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TigaHawk (here)

If anyone has a remedy for a Ganglion cyst that is not protruding please let me know. I blatantly refuse to go in to surgery for it - especially when chances are it will just come back. Have been putting up with it in the meantime.
    I remember I had a small cyst on my wrist like 15 years ago. Back then I worked at a cinema bar where my hands were my most precious working tool (to clean pop corn machines etc.). Back then I was insured so I tried to set an appointment with a doctor which was possible only after roughly two months. I tried to go to the emergency, but the doctor refused to accept me as an emergent case despite me pointing out to him that it hurt and hindered my work. Apparently being in pain was not considered an emergency. I don't remember who suggested to me to bath it in warm (not hot) water and soap and gently rub it for 5 min after my work. I think it took me roughly one week of repeating the same routine after getting home from work until it totally disappeared/dissolved and never came back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast