+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Advice on a EMF Detector?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Default Any Advice on a EMF Detector?

I am interested in getting an electromagnetic field detector so I can make a youtube video showing that my readings are high like another targeted individual did some time back.

I researched it a little and found many cheap options but am asking advice from anyone here who knows their stuff in this department. Should I buy a cheap one(like 20-30$) or a more expensive one? Is it something like 'you get what you pay for' and if I buy a cheap one it wont work that well? Any advice is appreciated.

On a side note, apparently android phones have an EMF detector built in! That surprised me... Check the link if interested (its free)
    http://www.amazon.com/Code-Bros-EMF-...field+detector
    Last edited by Omni; 15th January 2015 at 00:34.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Bee (15th January 2015), justntime2learn (15th January 2015), Nasu (15th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 times in 241 posts

Default Re: Any Advice on a EMF Detector?

I would 2nd this as some advice would be appreciated, I did work at a facility that had such equipment in a hand held format but was prohibitively expensive, 3000us/1800gbp

The simple Gauss meter with old style swinging gauge was a good unit for general everyday use but finding a good quality one these days would be a task IMHO.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

EarthSheriff (16th January 2015), justntime2learn (15th January 2015), Nasu (15th January 2015), Omni (15th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,302 times in 575 posts

Good morning Omniverse.

Any EMF meter will detect the presence of fields. whether cheap or expensive. I have people who use them to detect hidden wires and they are always accurate. I would advise to start with a cheap unit, sub $75, and if correct in your suspicions maybe consider a more expensive unit that has directional field abilities.

Hope this helps.

http://www.digital-meters.com/electr...FXHLtAod_FkAMw

Good day Avalonians.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Bee (15th January 2015), EarthSheriff (16th January 2015), justntime2learn (15th January 2015), Omni (15th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

What do you mean by "my readings"?

Check out some Youtube videos so you know what EMF meters do. Then try to appreciate how they work, what the scale is actually showing, how accurate it is, what frequencies it is sensitive to, how the types differ and what their shortcomings are.

Here's one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYhvQMrkXY

Don't be mislead by pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo many of these sales sites exude! Unfortunately they take advantage of the public's scientific naivety and most are little more than a fancy looking toy. OK, they buzz and flash when in a field (electronically that's very easy and cheap to do), but is it a natural field from a storm or rain, a normal man-made field from mains wiring, or what? How will you know?

Nick

PS: Just seen the one posted above by Citizen No2. That meter looks good and more than a toy, but it's designed to read AC fields 30 to 300 Hz. So it won't detect static fields, or AC fields in the audio or RF range, and therefore certainly not microwaves.

Like I said, you need to know what fields you're looking for and understand the equipment specifications.
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 15th January 2015 at 10:35.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bob (15th January 2015), justntime2learn (15th January 2015), Omni (15th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Don't be mislead by pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo many of these sales sites exude! Unfortunately they take advantage of the public's scientific naivety and most are little more than a fancy looking toy. OK, they buzz and flash when in a field (electronically that's very easy and cheap to do), but is it a natural field from a storm or rain, a normal man-made field from mains wiring, or what? How will you know?

Nick
    Well the meter the TI had that I mentioned had a "Normal-Green" "Medium-Yellow" "Danger-Red" lights on it, and anytime he put it next to his head it flashed up the danger red. If possible I'd like to get something like that with lights that light up so a video for youtube will be done in an easily seeable manner.

And thanks for the advice

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

EarthSheriff (16th January 2015), justntime2learn (15th January 2015), Nick Matkin (15th January 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

There are two types: HF and LF. HF usualy between 800 Mhz and 2,5 Ghz for electrosmog detection from wifi and mobile phones. The LF versions range from 16 Hz and 2 Khz. (The cheaper ones)

Here are a lot of them:
    https://www.conrad.nl/nl/gereedschap/meettechniek/milieu-meettechniek/stralingsmeetapparatuur/elektronische-smogmeters.html?WT.mc_id=google&insert=8J&gclid=CPnri_nTlsMCFWoCwwod-AMA0w&WT.srch=1

Sorry, Dutch / German site.

These are real measurementinstruments.
    But what do you want to measure / experiment? What frequencies?
    For me the very low frequencies from 0.001 Hz to 20 Hz are the most intreging.
    However these low frequencies can be modulated on very high frequencies. That's how mindcontrol via wifi and mobile phones work.

This one looks handy: https://www.conrad.nl/nl/metrix-vx00...et-103514.html

Around Euro 149,-

Multilanguage Manual: http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/da...e_en_fr_es.pdf

Added hopefully some useful info.
    Last edited by Red Skywalker; 15th January 2015 at 19:02.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Red Skywalker For This Post:

Omni (15th January 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Hi Omniverse, if you want to check EMF from electronic, Smart Meters, other electrical devices emitting radiation, I would suggest you buy a tester that is able to calibrate the amount of Gauss, Tesla radiation.

A few years back I bought a "Lutron - EMF-822A" sensor. At the time, I wanted to check the efficacy of Orgone devices, I did a lot of checking, the results, I would check the EMF from a electronic device, then, I would placed a fairly large orgone device in front of the emitting source of radiation, I could observe the amount of radiation that the orgone was picking up.

About the same time, my HydroElectric Co. came unannouced and placed a Smart Meter to replaced the analog one. I was really discourage to find out that in peak of energy transfered, I was infected by a large amount (I don't remember the exact Gauss reading) of radio frequencies. I have been thinking for a while now to insulate the wall exposed to the EMF from the Smart Meter.

Here's a few links on EMF.

http://www.lessemf.com/smart.html

http://shop.wireless-protection.org/

http://www.safespaceprotection.com/H...tion-diet.aspx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

EarthSheriff (16th January 2015), Omni (15th January 2015)

+ Reply to Thread