+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boy who claimed he had been to heaven retracts story - bestselling book is pulled

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default Boy who claimed he had been to heaven retracts story - bestselling book is pulled

Hello Everyone:

The boys story was a bunch of Malarky! Unfortunately the boy lied and claims he was coerced into telling the great story. Here is his confession.
    chancy

link:
    https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/...163151792.html

Artlcle:
    Boy who claimed he had been to heaven retracts story - bestselling book is pulled
    The Canadian PressBy Hillel Italie, The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – 1 hour 57 minutes ago. January 16, 2015
    A boy who said he went to heaven and came back to earth now admits he made up the entire story. Alex Malarkey, the boy who inspired the best-selling book, "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven," admitted in a recent letter to the book`s publisher he lied about going to heaven and visiting with angels.

NEW YORK, N.Y. - A bestselling account of a 6-year-old boy's journey to heaven and back has been pulled after the boy retracted his story.

Spokesman Todd Starowitz of Tyndale House, a leading Christian publisher, confirmed Friday that Alex Malarkey's "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A Remarkable Account of Miracles, Angels, and Life Beyond This World" was being withdrawn. Earlier this week, Malarkey acknowledged in an open letter that he was lying, saying that he had been seeking attention. He also regretted that "people had profited from lies."

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," he wrote. "When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough."

"The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" was first published in 2010 and told of a 2004 auto accident which left Malarkey in a coma. According to the book, co-written by Alex's father, Kevin Malarkey, he had visions of angels and of meeting Jesus. In 2014, Tyndale reissued "The Boy," which on the cover includes the billing "A True Story."

The facts of "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" have long been disputed in the Christian community, which has challenged reports of divine visions in Malarkey's book and other bestsellers such as Todd Burpo's "Heaven is for Real." Last June, the Southern Baptist Convention passed a resolution declaring "the sufficiency of biblical revelation over subjective experiential explanations to guide one's understanding of the truth about heaven and hell." One of the leading critics has been Malarkey's mother, Beth. In April 2014, she wrote a blog posting saying that the book's success had been "both puzzling and painful to watch" and that she believed Alex had been exploited.

"I could talk about how much it has hurt my son tremendously and even make financial statements public that would prove that he has not received moneys from the book nor have a majority of his needs been funded by it," she wrote.

"What I have walked through with Alex over the past nine years has nearly broken me personally and spiritually. I have wept so deeply for what I have watched my children go through, been made aware of how ignorant I was of some things, how selfish I was, and how Biblically illiterate I was which allowed me to be deceived!"

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

avid (17th January 2015), DaRkViPeR (16th January 2015), Dawn (16th January 2015), Flash (17th January 2015), Gardener (17th January 2015), Hervé (16th January 2015), Nasu (16th January 2015), Sophocles (17th January 2015), sunflower (17th January 2015), The Arthen (16th January 2015), Violet (17th January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Default Re: Boy who claimed he had been to heaven retracts story - bestselling book is pulled

In the article accompanying the above post, the mother says how "... Biblically illiterate I was which allowed me to be deceived!" So we just need to read our bibles, assimilate all the inconsistencies, and PRESTO, we cannot be deceived???? That is true MALARKEY.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Boy who claimed he had been to heaven retracts story - bestselling book is pulled

i think bait and switching to 'lead back to' a belief is the official game where it's at.
    This is a signature.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Arthen For This Post:

Dawn (16th January 2015), Dennis Leahy (16th January 2015), joeecho (17th January 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Meggings stole my line! Dammit! I was just about to say that it was all a bunch of Malarkey!

Oh well, as far as someone can believe something that has not been personally experienced, I believe Michael Newton's accounts of "between lives" (which could also be referred to as "heaven") gleaned from thousands of people in a deep hypnotic state. (None of them - not one - saw Jesus, Buddha, or Mohammed.) I also think Proof of Heaven, Eben Alexander's experience, is probably real (and I know we could debate the word "real".)

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Alan (16th January 2015), araucaria (16th January 2015), BMJ (17th January 2015), Dawn (16th January 2015), Debra (17th January 2015), Earth Angel (16th January 2015), panopticon (17th January 2015), TelosianEmbrace (19th January 2015), ulli (16th January 2015), Wind (16th January 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Whew! Thank goodness it was all a lie. I have seen 'Heaven' while journeying out of the body. In my case the "Heaven" I saw was my idea of a living hell. It was shaped like a planet and people who believed in Heaven had been drawn there. They lived a caricature of what is commonly shown and described as the 'afterlife in 'Heaven''. They sat around all day with a sense of peace. Everyone wore white. There was lots of green grass, fountains, and harps, etc.

What I saw of the whole place really gave me a strong sense of fear in my gut.... for there was an entity who appeared to these people as 'Jesus'. This Jesus wore white, had a beard and was surrounded by a white halo. The Jesus entity fed off all of the people who had been lured into that trap. The longer they stayed the weaker they became until all they could do was lie around as their energy field diminished and became dimmer and dimmer.

I was terrified that 'Jesus' would realize I was viewing his set up, and try to capture or interfere with me, however this did not seem to happen... instead I left and continued my travels.

I am pretty certain that what I saw actually exists, and that Christian programming is used to capture people once they leave their physical bodies behind. I did not understand why the boy mentioned in this article saw something so different. I thought his experience might have been a set up by clever astral beings so that he could bring back a false inspirational story in order to program more Christians.

I feel much better now that I know it was fabricated.
    Last edited by Dawn; 16th January 2015 at 21:30.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Alan (16th January 2015), Anchor (17th January 2015), Hervé (16th January 2015), meeradas (17th January 2015), NancyV (16th January 2015), Pam (17th January 2015), panopticon (17th January 2015), Realeyes (17th January 2015), seeker/reader (17th January 2015), sijohn (17th January 2015), Sophocles (17th January 2015), TelosianEmbrace (19th January 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Whew! Thank goodness it was all a lie. I have seen 'Heaven' while journeying out of the body. ...
    I am pretty certain that what I saw actually exists, and that Christian programming is used to capture people once they leave their physical bodies behind. I did not understand why the boy mentioned in this article saw something so different. I thought his experience might have been a set up by clever astral beings so that he could bring back a false inspirational story in order to program more Christians.
    Dawn, EVERYTHING we see is "fabricated". What can be considered "real" and "false" when we are the creators of what we see and experience?

Everything imaginable exists in the vast fourth dimension - whatever someone imagines (i.e. holds the frequency of, the belief of) they will be drawn to.

Entire communities form around similar belief patterns, JUST AS THEY DO HERE IN 3D EARTH!

This understanding is key. You have found it. It is not just "Christian programming", it is ANY and ALL programming that creates.

There is a book published in 1948 called "I Remember Lemuria" written by Richard S. Shaver. It is the author's soul memory of living in Atlantis before the cataclysm that inundated the land masses. He writes about being a "RO", then in a footnote, when the publishers of the book asked him for explanation of "ro" he wrote this - which gives incredible insight into us as human beings (this was given as a footnote to a chapter):
    (9) Here again we had to appeal to Mr. Shaver for amplification. We certainly got it, and along with it some amazing
    thoughts. Ro (he says) is a thing of simple repetitive life pattern easy to understand and control. To ro you is to make
    you do things against your will. A large generator of thought impulse can be set up to ro a whole group of people.
    Row
    the boat is modern and the meaning has become physical force and not mental force. To "ro" the people was an ancient method of government. (science of man life patterning by control). It is the same concept as used by some scientists when they say "hypnotically conditioned." It is not necessarily an evil government method, but is one that was necessary.
    Any person is ro who is weaker than the mental impulses about him.
    Men are ro today because they are not self-determining, though they think they are. We are parts of a huge juggernaut, and we are ro in consequence. The determining forces that make our thought what it is are from outside when we are ro, from inside when we are men or gods. - Ed.[/I]
    Last edited by Meggings; 17th January 2015 at 01:08.

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Now a days there is always someone attempting to erode belief in something. Perhaps one day no one will believe in anything and then that will be "everyone's belief". A backdoor attempt at a one world religion?

The No Religion, Religion! Oddly, that would still be a religion.

Last edited by joeecho; 17th January 2015 at 01:12.

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member seeker/reader's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 times in 540 posts

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Whew! Thank goodness it was all a lie. I have seen 'Heaven' while journeying out of the body. In my case the "Heaven" I saw was my idea of a living hell. It was shaped like a planet and people who believed in Heaven had been drawn there. They lived a caricature of what is commonly shown and described as the 'afterlife in 'Heaven''. They sat around all day with a sense of peace. Everyone wore white. There was lots of green grass, fountains, and harps, etc.

What I saw of the whole place really gave me a strong sense of fear in my gut.... for there was an entity who appeared to these people as 'Jesus'. This Jesus wore white, had a beard and was surrounded by a white halo. The Jesus entity fed off all of the people who had been lured into that trap. The longer they stayed the weaker they became until all they could do was lie around as their energy field diminished and became dimmer and dimmer.

I was terrified that 'Jesus' would realize I was viewing his set up, and try to capture or interfere with me, however this did not seem to happen... instead I left and continued my travels.

Dawn - Thank you for sharing your experience of the false "heaven" and false "jesus" that were traps for believers to be drained of their energy. Buhlman talked about a heavenly place that was essentially a "trap" for "believer-like" types.
    Last edited by seeker/reader; 17th January 2015 at 13:53.
    "The sleeper must awaken," quote by Duke Leto Atreides from the movie, Dune.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seeker/reader For This Post:

annacherie (17th January 2015), Dawn (17th January 2015), meeradas (17th January 2015), TelosianEmbrace (19th January 2015)

14. Link to Post #9
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

EVERYTHING we see is "fabricated". What can be considered "real" and "false" when we are the creators of what we see and experience? Everything imaginable exists in the vast fourth dimension - whatever someone imagines (i.e. holds the frequency of, the belief of) they will be drawn to.

Entire communities form around similar belief patterns, JUST AS THEY DO HERE IN 3D EARTH! Conditioning is not limited to Christian religion. ANY and ALL programming creates.

There is a book published in 1948 called "I Remember Lemuria" written by Richard S. Shaver. It is the author's soul memory of living in Atlantis before the cataclysm that inundated the land masses. He writes about being a "RO", then in a footnote, when the publishers of the book asked him for explanation of "ro" he wrote this - which gives incredible insight into us as human beings (this was given as a footnote to a chapter):

(9) Here again we had to appeal to Mr. Shaver for amplification. We certainly got it, and along with it some amazing
    thoughts. Ro (he says) is a thing of simple repetitive life pattern easy to understand and control. To ro you is to make
    you do things against your will
    . A large generator of thought impulse can be set up to ro a whole group of people. ... To "ro" the people was an ancient method of government (science of man life patterning by control). It is the same concept as used by some scientists when they say "hypnotically conditioned." It is not necessarily an evil government method, but is one that was necessary.
    Men are ro today because they are not self-determining, though they think they are. We are parts of a huge juggernaut, and we are ro in consequence. The determining forces that make our thought what it is are from outside when we are ro, from inside when we are men or gods. - Ed.[/I]
    Last edited by Meggings; 17th January 2015 at 01:13.

15. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

So, a boy who said he went to heaven and spoke with angels and then returned to Earth has said he made it up...

Meanwhile there are problems on Earth that deserve our attention.

Distractions are easy & many people spend their lives consumed by them.

Live your life as the person you wish you were & focus on creating a better tomorrow.

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Dennis Leahy (18th January 2015), Ellisa (17th January 2015), lucidity (17th January 2015), Orph (17th January 2015), Pam (17th January 2015), Reinhard (17th January 2015)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

I feel sorry for the boy. He is 6 years old. This is emotionally a very though ride to be going through so young. And the punishment of public disgrace (on a worldwide level). I mean, he's 6 years old. It's not in proportion. I hope he's getting the right support through this and besides learning that telling lies is not OK (all kids have to go through that, and even some adults don't get it yet), I hope it doesn't traumatise him and he can just go back to being a kid.

Maybe he wanted his parents to look up to him? Was there competition between siblings? The parents should also draw lessons from this. Eitherway, ideally a third and objective party should observe the healing process.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

annacherie (17th January 2015), Pam (17th January 2015), TelosianEmbrace (19th January 2015)

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)
    Distractions are easy & many people spend their lives consumed by them.

Live your life as the person you wish you were & focus on creating a better tomorrow.
    Excellent post! Excellent advice.

good name too ;-)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), panopticon (17th January 2015)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

Quote Posted by Meggings (here)

you do things against your will. A large generator of thought impulse can be set up to ro a whole group of people. Row
    the boat is modern and the meaning has become physical force and not mental force. To "ro" the people was an ancient method of government. (science of man life patterning by control). It is the same concept as used by some scientists when they say "hypnotically conditioned." It is not necessarily an evil government method, but is one that was necessary.
    Thanks so much for that quote as this idea of "ro" reminds me of "rote" learning and Monroe's "rotes" of downloads. Fascinating about the rhyme "row your boat".

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Meggings (20th January 2015), Truglivartna (17th January 2015)

23. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    I feel sorry for the boy. He is 6 years old. This is emotionally a very though ride to be going through so young. And the punishment of public disgrace (on a worldwide level). I mean, he's 6 years old. It's not in proportion. I hope he's getting the right support through this and besides learning that telling lies is not OK (all kids have to go through that, and even some adults don't get it yet), I hope it doesn't traumatise him and he can just go back to being a kid.

Maybe he wanted his parents to look up to him? Was there competition between siblings? The parents should also draw lessons from this. Eitherway, ideally a third and objective party should observe the healing process.
    Hello Violet and everyone:
    I think the point of the story has been missed. This boy was manipulated by his parent(s). I know from the original story that the dad was with the boy at all times. It should be the dad that gets some help and possibly the mom due to what she said in this article. The boy is just a boy and in 2010 when this story came out originally he was a baby (almost). There should have been intervention by the parents which they never did. The only reason they are coming forth now is they never got paid as the article above says. This was about money and only gaining money. The parents never got the money promised and therefore this was their only way of fighting back.
    You are right the boy needs help but he will not get it from his parent(s ) who are the manipulators of their son.
    chancy

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

annacherie (17th January 2015), Violet (17th January 2015)

+ Reply to Thread