+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Honesty and Integrity matter anymore? ( Patriots caught again!)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

Default Does Honesty and Integrity matter anymore? ( Patriots caught again!)

The New England Patriots were caught cheating in last Sundays
    AFC Championship game. Each team brings 12 game balls and
    11 out of the 12 game balls the Patriots used during the game
    were found to be deflated. The reason this was done is because
    it was raining and cold and it's much easier to throw and catch
    a football if it's slightly deflated in those weather conditions.
    This is the second time the Patriots have been caught cheating
    in the past few years. A few years ago they had what you called
    "Spy Gate" They were secretly recording other teams practices so
    they could steal their game signals.

I know this is not a sports forum but this goes way beyond sports.
    Most of our culture holds up Celebrities, Actors, Politicians and
    Professional Athletes in almost a God like status. ( Pitiful IMO)

I had to take a test for the Rail Road yesterday during an interview.
    During the test I was placed in a room alone and given the test on
    a computer that had full net access. In school I always made an A
    in Science & History but my math scores were always around a C-
    During the math portion of the test, there was 4 algebra questions
    I didn't know how to compute,So I just guessed B.lol I could have
    easily opened another window and asked one of my friends here for
    the answers but I'm not a cheater. I should have studied harder
    before I took the test.

I've cut and pasted threads I've found on the net before because
    I found them of interest and wanted to share but I've never tried
    to take credit for writing them. I've also wrote many threads that
    came straight from my own thoughts and ideas,One in particular
    got thousands of views and many thanks. I was extremely proud
    of it because I took the time to research my topic and put it in
    a format, that IMO was really good. It was my creation.

I guess the point I'm getting at is honesty really does matter IMO!
    If you want to win a football game or write a book or take a test
    do your research, study, practice.

If Tom Brady ( The Quarterback for the Patriots ) wins the
    Super Bowl and raises the Lombardi trophy it will be a hollow
    victory for a shallow and deceptive man. Meaningless!

I just want to get your thoughts on this.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Axman (21st January 2015), Bill Ryan (21st January 2015), Deega (21st January 2015), Fellow Aspirant (21st January 2015), Gardener (22nd January 2015), ghostrider (22nd January 2015), giovonni (22nd January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), Jean-Marie (21st January 2015), jjjones (21st January 2015), JohnJ (21st January 2015), JRS (21st January 2015), justntime2learn (21st January 2015), Karma Ninja (22nd January 2015), Limor Wolf (21st January 2015), meeradas (22nd January 2015), Mike (21st January 2015), Ol' Roy (22nd January 2015), Pam (22nd January 2015), raregem (21st January 2015), rgray222 (21st January 2015), RUSirius (21st January 2015), sijohn (22nd January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st January 2015), varuna (21st January 2015), vmk22 (21st January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Default Re: Does Honesty and Integrity matter anymore? ( Patriots caught again!)

Treat others the way you would want to be treated. Victory is a subjective experience, what's worth it to you may not be for others... winning the superbowl or winning the heart of someone you actually respect? Football is a brutal/savage/violent past time, I'm not surprised to see anything negative associated with it.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

ghostrider (22nd January 2015), jagman (21st January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), Jean-Marie (21st January 2015), jjjones (21st January 2015), selinam (21st January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st January 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Default Re: Does Honesty and Integrity matter anymore? ( Patriots caught again!)

I agree Jags.

I watched the game, though I had no dog in the fight. the irony is, the Pats didn't need to deflate the balls to win - they were clearly superior. it's so silly.

ive no idea what the punishment should/will be, but it will never be severe enough. if its indeed proven that they messed with the balls, I think they should have to forfeit the game and let the Colts go thru. I know that sounds severe, but without severe repercussions the Pats will continue their diabolical stunts.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Gardener (22nd January 2015), Gatita (21st January 2015), jagman (21st January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), Jean-Marie (21st January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st January 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Don't both teams use the same ball?

Though in answer to the question.... Honesty and integrity always matter.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Hi Jagman, honesty and integrity contribute to be happy with yourself!

If you're dishonest and lack integrity, you won't be able to develop trust with your friend, neighbour.

If one can't follow these rules, he will have difficulty trusting himself, then doubt set in.

These two attributes constitute your authenticity!

The best to you.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

jackovesk (22nd January 2015), jagman (21st January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), Mike (22nd January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st January 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Sorry to be obtuse, but,,,, GO SEAHAWKS!!!

(Actually im a Buffalo Bills fan,,) I sorta wanted both the pats and colts to lose...

The NFL has gotten so far off base from what it was, I can hardly watch any more...

Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS???? Lol

Jake

[Edit] I do live in the Greater Seattle area, so I get to say GO SAEHAWKS!!!
    Last edited by Jake; 21st January 2015 at 19:28.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

jagman (21st January 2015), Jean-Marie (21st January 2015), Mike (22nd January 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Good point fox, it is bizarre...hopefully Brady had no knowledge of it...but who knows? Andrew Luck is pretty good most days, and should have benefitted as well.

The thing is, cheating is the way in business/money, which it is to whoever made the decision to cheat. Just because you view it as game or the NFL as an institution...whoever is deciding to cheat is playing by business/corporate world rules...NOT playground sports.

Sportsmanship is frowned upon in that realm, whoever (Belicheck?) made the decision is a winner in his profession, in the eyes of peers--until he got caught--though how accountable will the mastermind be?....also, what makes the NFL any different than the WWE, besides the audience? It's an ententainment for the consumer on the surface, but is it really the driving force (**COUGH**---VEGAS--**cough**)

I'd be really surprised if that's the only case of cheating (even "caught" cheating), my mind is open enough to view it as a plot foil in the storyline that captivates the audience and gives a dozen ESPN and other networks material for days in the runup to the big game...

13. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Really? You're looking for honesty and integrity in a professional sports franchise? Moreover, you're surprised when you don't find it?

Keep staring into the magical box though, I'm sure your time won't be wasted,....

14. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

Whether its coaches, players, owners, or referees collegiate and professional sports are corrupt, lots of betting in sports.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

donk (21st January 2015), Gardener (22nd January 2015), jagman (21st January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), meeradas (22nd January 2015)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shezbeth (here)
    Really? You're looking for honesty and integrity in a professional sports franchise? Moreover, you're surprised when you don't find it?

Keep staring into the magical box though, I'm sure your time won't be wasted,....
    Wow, you really have a way with people there Shez... If you dont get it, then why bother posting? We dont need your approval to discuss integrity in sports. There are different angles and opinions, all worthy of discussion. No offense. Sports is about the only entertaining thing left on tv...

Silly ninjas...

Back to topic please...
    Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

jagman (21st January 2015), Kbrammcdonald (21st January 2015), Mike (22nd January 2015)

18. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

You're right, how silly of me to point out the inherent fallibility of the thread topic.

Do carry on expressing surprise and dismay at the lack of integrity in a franchise that is its self deliberately conditioning a lack of integrity in society,... because it's 'entertaining'.

19. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

When it "appears" that honesty and integrity no longer matter to society that is precisely when it matters most.
    • Everybody stands for something even if they believe they don't.
    • Everyone has rules they live by even if they have never given it any thought
    • When you take the time to articulate who you are (physically and spiritually) you are provided with a clarity that makes life better, more understandable and much more meaningful.
    Honesty and integrity matter

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

donk (21st January 2015), Gardener (22nd January 2015), jagman (21st January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), jjjones (21st January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st January 2015)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,846 times in 876 posts

Innocent until proven guilty

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

jagman (21st January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), meeradas (22nd January 2015), Ol' Roy (22nd January 2015), RUSirius (21st January 2015)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shezbeth (here)
    You're right, how silly of me to point out the inherent fallibility of the thread topic.

Do carry on expressing surprise and dismay at the lack of integrity in a franchise that is its self deliberately conditioning a lack of integrity in society,... because it's 'entertaining'.
    Thank you for your permission. I guess... Dude we r talkin a bit if football with regards integrity. You r the only one who has problem with it..

Your point is taken, and I may tend to agree. This, being a discussion forum, is not the worst place for DISCUSSION!! If it offends your sensibilities, then I do apologize. I didn't mean to pick a fight... Maybe pick a different topic to discuss, rather than stinking this one up...

Perhaps you are in a much more enlightened place in your life.. Maybe one day I can be like you and simply roll my eyes and smack mee forehead and laugh at the less evolved..

in the meantime,, im gonna talk a bit of football with regards the lack of integrity..

You r welcome to participate, good or bad... I am only pointing out that nobody needs your approval to discuss anything.

GO SEAHAWKS...
    Jake

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

jagman (21st January 2015), Koyaanisqatsi (21st January 2015), rgray222 (21st January 2015), RUSirius (21st January 2015)

25. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

No. When your team is on offense you use one of the 12 balls your team brought.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

donk (22nd January 2015), meeradas (22nd January 2015)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Their punishment will be a soul crushing defeat in the Super Bowl to a motivated and very physical Seahawk team. Their head coach, bill 'Bellicheat' has never been an honest competitor imo. Seattle wins 34-13 (I actually predicted that Seattle would play the Pats in the super bowl around week 12)
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

RUSirius (22nd January 2015)

29. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member loc333's Avatar
    Thanks

im a pats fan and have always been always will..what ever stupid thing they do. What i cant understand in this conversation is that football is a distraction for the masses. they are caught up in football and distracted from world events that could change their future.such as sending your kids to war because it was inconveniet to learn what russia was up to in the ukraine..i dont think we be should be talking football here.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

Gardener (22nd January 2015), Shezbeth (22nd January 2015)

31. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Gatita's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Mike. And despite living in Colorado, I'm even a native, I say Go Seahawks!

Cat

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Gatita For This Post:

Mike (22nd January 2015)

33. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Football bankrupts public school funds, ruins young kids' knees and backs, and causes insidious brain injuries that don't always present with symptoms until middle age.

Kids are effectively trading the best years of their later lives for a cheap thrill that makes money for the cabal of coaches milking the system and banging underage students on the side.

Not to mention locker room hazing, sexual assaults, racism, etc.
    And the cheating we see going on between teachers and pet students who happen to perform well on the tennis court/football field but not the math exams.

I can see both sides of this.

But can we see the sad truth of what football has grown to become in UK/AUS/USA?

Does anyone here know what the old term "English Disease" refers to?

How about "Little brother of war"? (Natives are more honest)

Can anyone here tell me on average how many concussions a football player sustains before and after high school, college, and pro football?

Burning a book isn't much better than telling the person holding it to shove it up their butts.

Foot ball and sports in general isn't some damn religious sanctuary or hallowed ground.

If sports has taken the place of God in our lives, we need to really look inside ourselves!

And I don't mean some grey bearded person on a throne up in heaven.

I mean, "what is best in life"?

Are we still spouting the Conan line of violence and misery being the best in life,
    or are we seeing a way thru that darkness yet?

I just wish if men wanted to kill and injure each other, that women and children didn't have to see it, think it's normal, etc., or be victimized by the card-carrying abusers who also happen to be great at football.

Anyone watch the Oregon controversy, the protest stuff,
    seeing that even from the inside the truly delicate fabric of football "culture" is already losing its integrity.

when a player is barred from a game for pointing out a criminal,
    yet cheaters prosper,

altho I don't agree w/ the delivery I agree with Shez lol

and I am recently from Seattle too, and I can hate football.

F12? lol

p.s. does anyone here even remember who died last year on the Super Bowl day?
    does anyone care? old hat, old news, you want new blood on the arena floor,

just like michael jackson warned us about
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 21st January 2015 at 23:15.

34. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

"I could have easily opened another window and asked one of my friends here for the answers...." -jagman-

Of course if you had, the responses would no doubt involve aliens and milabs. And then where would you be?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

donk (22nd January 2015), jagman (21st January 2015), RUSirius (22nd January 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (22nd January 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast