+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's music REALLY about?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Default What's music REALLY about?

The music industry is just plain insane imo. And I personally don't like what I'm seeing or hearing about it. But I consider myself one of the lucky ones who isn't caught up in any of it. I have a feeling that I'm not alone....

Anyway, here's a VT article that you might resonate with.

Quote We have said in the past that David Duke has some sensible things to say. In fact, he seems to be more gracious than most critics when it comes to examining the music industry, particularly when it comes to discussing the music of people like Nikki Minaj.

The media lambasted Duke because he said some sensible things about Minaj’s music. He makes the point that her music celebrates “black criminality [and] thuggery” and promotes drugs and “all sorts of sexual abuse” and “abuse of women.”

Duke continues,

“Just look at the Nicki Minaj. I don’t even want you to look at it, it’s so horrible. You will never hear more of the ‘n-word,’ more words about ass…God knows I’m not going to say all the things they say. Every kind of filthy word. Every kind of filthy, violent drug-promoting material. It’s just absolutely sickening.”

“…And the guy that produces all that, one of the Jewish producers, in fact, the entire music industry is absolutely controlled by the Zionists, the Jewish extremists, the same ones in the media that support Israel and basically pervert our country and the interest of America for that of Israel…

“One of the Jewish producers was boasting about the fact that every one of the Top 10 Billboard songs were those he (Zionist music mogul Lucian Grainge) controlled.

“So, I tell ya, even Rap music (it’s popularity) is not something that Blacks really were responsible for. It was the Jewish record producers who promoted this degenerate and sick music.”

This is absolutely true. So far, Duke hasn’t even used the word “whore” to describe people like Minnaj, but the description fits perfectly well here.

A whore can be “a person considered sexually promiscuous” or “a person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.” Is this an apt description of Minnaj and others?[2]

Well, the best way to find out is to look at the fruit of their labor:
    For the rest of this article: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/01...sical-blunder/

What can I say? Except that I totally agree...?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

eagle0027 (22nd January 2015), Earthlink (14th March 2015), Kano (22nd January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

Default Re: What's music REALLY about?

Oh. My. God.
    Look.
    At.
    Her.
    Butt.

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Oh. My. Gosh.
    Look.
    At.
    Her.
    Butt.

5. Link to Post #4
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm an avid music collector and have listened to countless hours of music. What has it done to brain I ponder sometimes! I had a profound and scary experience whilst having a breakdown and heard voices on the album I become obsessed , I ended up in a very strange place . Had I heard under lying messages contained in the record or was I just mad! Looking back now I have become very cynical of the music industery. I grew up in the nineties and generation x was in the fore , self destruction was the lifestyle me and others took. Were we programmed , was this a weapon of mass distraction. I don't have heroes as it's unfair to put that on any human being. When Kurt cobain died it ended the scene and left question marks which still resonate today. To him the pressure was to much, the music industry is about making money and controlling the youth IMO , thinking for yourself is a threat, the music hype is an illusion created by corporations. Music is a universal voice, listen to African band Tinariwen or psychedlic outfit shpongle and many more there's positive vibrations out there.

6. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,531 times in 811 posts

Education should aim at destroying free will so that after pupils are thus schooled they will be incapable throughout the rest of their lives of thinking or acting otherwise than as their school masters would have wished ... The social psychologist of the future will have a number of classes of school children on whom they will try different methods of producing an unshakable conviction that snow is black. Various results will soon be arrived at: first, that influences of the home are 'obstructive' and verses set to music and repeatedly intoned are very effective ... It is for the future scientist to make these maxims precise and discover exactly how much it costs per head to make children believe that snow is black. When the technique has been perfected, every government that has been in charge of education for more than one generation will be able to control its subjects securely without the need of armies or policemen."
    Bertrand Russell quoting Johann Gottlieb Fichte, the head of philosophy & psychology who influenced Hegel and others – Prussian University in Berlin, 1810

All about self control decided by another's morals or lack of..

Lol
    Normal..!

7. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,531 times in 811 posts

Of course to put it in a simpler context, as is stated on page 1 of the silly bible, sound creates and is this world.
    The external vibrations you as a being utter collapse into a material form. Thus defining your vowels (oaths) and constants (constant) limitations.... Your will be done.......

To focus on the external thus limits the self discipline of singular discovery.... You don't meditate when you have a head full of sound!
    Creation via sound in a light limited atmosphere.... Sorry what did you say, I wasn't listening?
    Normal..!

8. Link to Post #7
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 times in 573 posts

good observations. this is nothing new though, been going on since at least the 1800's, right? and the "white people" music is no different. AC/DC, "I'm on a highway to Hell" and Johnny Cash, "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die" and this just goes on and on, through whichever decade.

do you know what types of music i ended up liking best? local. live, local music. they're not inside the industry yet, and they may never be, and, they try harder.

music is a gift we can make for each other, and many do, both inside this industry and out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Earthlink For This Post:

Atlas (16th March 2015)

10. Link to Post #8
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Music is about family.

Sister Sledge: We Are Family (1979)

Chic & Sister Sledge: We Are Family (1996)
    Last edited by Atlas; 16th March 2015 at 15:22.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Jake (16th March 2015)

12. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

I have a completely different take on what music is really about.. You can check out this thread, if Interested... Zen and the art of Blues Guitar.

I play blues on the street for fun. Right in downtown Seattle... I surely can't get out there as much as would like to, but I jump on every chance I get.. To me, it is the 'real world'of music..

love to all,
    Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Alekahn2 (20th March 2015), Atlas (16th March 2015)

14. Link to Post #10
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Wanna know here ya go

15. Link to Post #11
    Language
    ¿