+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 4 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

Default Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

What is to name and form while the 'upper world' is nameless ... unfathomable, seem-less and shameless ..

2. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    Whitelove, You have quite an imagination. I like what you write with the exception of "the universe is a soul". I believe that the universe that we live in is soul-driven, but find it extremely difficult to characterise that soul/creator.

My wife and I are soul mates. We were also a married couple in previous lives. How did we find each other in this lifetime? There must have been some unconscious guidance in effect. Oddly, before we met, I spent a year teaching very near Naperville where she lived, then she attended the university in Normal very near where I lived. It is clear that Spirit was attempting to close the 120 mile gap between us.
    That is really not that hard to explain, we all resonate with a particular frequency. Many of us have heard that we all vibrate but few of us understand what that really means. It is very simple and easy to understand. What is actually vibrating is our soul, our inner being. Your soul is your essence and it is on earth for purpose. The vibrating aspect of life that so many talk about is one of the most important forms of communication for your soul.

Your frequency has attracted you to people with whom you resonate at a soul level. When you met these individuals you felt a strong and undeniable connection with them, like if you had met them before (from a past life). If these connections are healthy and feel right, keep them in your life. Together you can accomplish things that are unimaginable and start to understand your purpose for being.

Many people have strong connections to people but they are toxic connections, in other words not for this life time. You would be well served to listen to your soul and not connect with those people. If you have a toxic marriage, lover, friend or acquaintance cut that tie and move on. Many people have toxic family relationships and that is a bit harder to understand and not for this post.

Your purpose (as a human) is to provide for your soul and to see that it accomplishes and fulfills its purpose. This may seem a bit bizarre but your human form is really nothing more than a "storage locker" for your being, your soul. I hope this makes sense. There is a lot more on this topic and it's not that difficult to understand.

I have been wanting to start a thread on this but have not found the time to do it just yet!
    Even with toxic Relationship there is something in you that resonate with it, and usually it is as toxic as the Relationship. Once discovered, and worked on, you can move on and will not meet this toxicity again since you dealt with it.

Everyone you meet resonate within you, they are all your Mirror in some ways. When they are passing by, it is not an important Mirror, but when they stick around, it is an excellent Mirror to work out the good and the bad.

And then decide on what you want to create - I am deciding now!

3. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

I have extrapolated and interpolated this possibility. One conclusion is that we are inside a computer in someone's lab. The other is that God is a Robot with endless brain capacity. In order not to die of boredom, he created the universe and its inhabitants. With his brain, this universe becomes endlessly creative and we are offshoot likenesses of his. We can never get out because we are an integral part of this Robot who may not have interactive "eyes" to interface with its creator. The possibilities go on and on and on...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

Guish (23rd January 2015)

5. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

from Top Documentary Films

Is everything an illusory simulation? Was the world created by a non-physical force that we can communicate with and possibly influence with our minds, thereby participating in the creation of our own reality? These are the grandiose existential questions central to this documentary, which introduces viewers to the concept of the Simulation Hypothesis.

Teasing that there are cutting edge physics experiments that imply Simulation Hypothesis could be true, the film begins by reviewing two primary philosophies regarding the nature of life: materialism and idealism. First introduced by Democritus, materialism credits the atom as the basis for all reality, making consciousness the result of a material process. Plato, on the other hand, believed it is the mind itself that gives way to matter; therefore reality is borne from ideas.

The Simulation Hypothesis, which the filmmakers parallel very heavily against the hit sci-fi movie The Matrix, argues that matter and ideas are the result of a complex digital simulation, something akin to a video game. Theoretical physicists make their case for a programmable universe, positing that there is evidence of computer code to be found in nature and we are, put simply, expressions of a code.

Are we ourselves composed of binary strings of 0s and 1s? Could it be that subatomic particles are nature's answer to the bits and pixels that digital worlds are composed of? Though dense in scientific jargon, there is an underlying creationist belief to Simulation Hypothesis - if, in fact, the world is a program, someone must have written it. But who, or what? The film suggests that humans have an innate mental connection back to this universal programmer through the subconscious.

The Simulation Hypothesis is a thought provoking exploration of the nature of our existence, playing into the universal curiosity of how and why we came to be. Relying heavily on footage from famous movies, animated models, and the occasional interview to illustrate the concepts being presented, this episode takes viewers to the intersection of theology and science in a way that is equal parts educational and fantastical.

Last edited by ponda; 18th April 2016 at 14:42. Reason: update video link
    When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic ~
    Dresden James.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2015), drgreig (14th July 2015), earthdreamer (15th July 2015), Fellow Aspirant (14th July 2015), Matt P (14th July 2015), mountain_jim (16th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (14th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #65
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

One of my favourite quotes:

“We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.” [Kalu Rinpoche]

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgreig For This Post:

ponda (14th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (14th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Quote Posted by drgreig (here)
    One of my favourite quotes:

“We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.” [Kalu Rinpoche]
    And interestingly the Buddhist's came to the same conclusion without all the fancy technology.

I wonder how long it will be until this Simulation Hypothesis starts to tie in the Paranormal,occult,ghosts,telepathy,extra dimensional beings etc etc ?
    When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    Dresden James.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ponda For This Post:

drgreig (14th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #67
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The simplest way for me to understand "reality" is that ENERGY IS the only thing that can be considered "real" ...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

...and that things such as "Paranormal,occult,ghosts,telepathy,extra dimensional beings" etc are forms of energy!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drgreig For This Post:

ponda (14th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member earthdreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

It's "Seth" meets Philip K. Dick.

(I liked the closed captioning, helps me understand better) My mind only glazed over on the second photon experiment involving all the half mirrors and pathways. As a dumb lay person who is interested in the metaphysics of physics and quantum reality, I still have a difficult time imagining how scientists isolate a photon or particle from space.

Seth material introduced concepts of "aware-ized energy", EE units = electromagnetic energy units of consciousness. So all of space is composed of this. I found some good quotes about this quantum composition of reality.

"This inner universe is a gestalt formed by fields of awareized energy that contains what we will call "information" for now – but we will have some comments later, for this is not the kind of information you are used to.

Each unit of consciousness inherently possesses within itself all of the information available to the whole, and its specific nature when it operates as a particle rests upon that great "body" of inner knowledge. Any one such particle can be where it "is", be what it is, and be when it is only because the positions, relative positions, and situations of all other such particles are known.

In the deepest terms, again, your physical world is beginning at each point at which these units of consciousness assert themselves to form physical reality. Otherwise, life would not be "handed down" through the generations. Each unit of consciousness intensifies, magnifies its own intent to be – and, you might say, works up from within itself an explosive spark of primal desire that "explodes" into a process that causes physical materialization. It turns into what I have called [an] EE unit, in which case it is embarked upon its own kind of physical experience.

"These EE units also operate as fields, as waves, or as particles, as the units of consciousness do – but in your terms they are closer to physical orientation. Their die is cast, so to speak: They have already begun the special kind of screening process necessary that will bring about physical form. They begin to deal with the kinds of information that will help form your world. There are literally numberless
    steps taken before EE units combine in their own fashion to form the most microscopic physical particles, and even here the greatest, gentlest sorting-out process takes place as these units disentangle themselves at certain operational levels from their own greater fields of "information" to specialize in the various elements that will allow for the production of atoms and molecules impeccably suited to your kind of world."

"Units of consciousness (CUs), transforming themselves into EE units, formed the environment and all of its inhabitants in the same process, in what you might call a circular manner rather than a serial one. And in those terms, of course, there are only various physical manifestations of consciousness, not a planet and its inhabitants but an entire gestalt of awareized consciousness. In those terms, each portion of physically oriented consciousness sees reality and experience from its own privileged viewpoint, about which it seems all else revolves, even though this may involve a larger generalized field than your own or a smaller one.

So to rocks, say, you can be considered a portion of their environment, while you may consider them merely a portion of your environment. You simply do not tune into the range of rock consciousness. Actually, many other kinds of consciousness, while focused in their own specific ways, are more aware than man is of earth's unified nature – but man, in following his own ways, also adds to the value fulfillment of all other consciousnesses in ways that are quite outside of usual systems of knowledge."

from Dreams, "Evolution, and Value Fulfillment, Volume 1. http://mondus.org/Seth-Roberts/1979/12.19.php

When I first heard of Philip K. Dick's ideas of simulated reality (a long while ago), I rejected the ideas as absurd and at complete odds with how I feel about existing in reality. Yet so much of what we've learned bears it valid. I wouldn't really liken it to a video game program, as that metaphor seems too one-dimensional, but I did appreciate the relativity of all points of the screen being console controlled as would the quality of holographic reality be created by nonlocal atoms and waves. So the "God Science" program episode investigates the nature of reality with detailed science by historically notable scientists but the God part is less addressed other than the influence of experiments by the observer. As every consciousness is an observer and participant in life, we all must be playing God's part. The more unfathomable God creates the components of reality in the first place, perhaps less a personification as gestalts of the aware-ized energy (?). Even with recognition of reality as simulation (simulation of?) , our roles as emotional beings prevent illusion from prevailing upon our innermost selves. Maybe some rare masters of thought can escape the needs of the body, but as most of us are incarnate beings of the macro-material world we all need to pee and eat and sh*t, actions of the body which carry emotional charges. A full bladder always brought Robert Monroe back from his dreams and OBEs. Perhaps even in death, our souls will join gestalts that still evolve towards cathartic release.
    Last edited by earthdreamer; 15th July 2015 at 06:39.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthdreamer For This Post:

conk (17th July 2015), mountain_jim (16th July 2015), ponda (15th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Quote earthdreamer said:

When I first heard of Philip K. Dick's ideas of simulated reality (a long while ago), I rejected the ideas as absurd and at complete odds with how I feel about existing in reality. Yet so much of what we've learned bears it valid. I wouldn't really liken it to a video game program, as that metaphor seems too one-dimensional, but I did appreciate the relativity of all points of the screen being console controlled as would the quality of holographic reality be created by nonlocal atoms and waves. So the "God Science" program episode investigates the nature of reality with detailed science by historically notable scientists but the God part is less addressed other than the influence of experiments by the observer. As every consciousness is an observer and participant in life, we all must be playing God's part. The more unfathomable God creates the components of reality in the first place, perhaps less a personification as gestalts of the aware-ized energy (?). Even with recognition of reality as simulation (simulation of?) , our roles as emotional beings prevent illusion from prevailing upon our innermost selves. Maybe some rare masters of thought can escape the needs of the body, but as most of us are incarnate beings of the macro-material world we all need to pee and eat and sh*t, actions of the body which carry emotional charges. A full bladder always brought Robert Monroe back from his dreams and OBEs. Perhaps even in death, our souls will join gestalts that still evolve towards cathartic release.
    Nice post earthdreamer.

Maybe a '3d biological video game' might be a more accurate description.Where getting to the next level is a part of the game ??

I like this quote from Isaac Newton~

“I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”
    Dresden James.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ponda For This Post:

earthdreamer (15th July 2015)

17. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

I thought that this article might fit in here

Holograms You Can Touch

It’s every science-fiction lover’s dream, holograms tangible enough to touch.

Principle Investigator Yoichi Ochiai and his fellow researchers at DNG have found a way to use lasers, mirrors and cameras to create three-dimensional, interactive holograms comprised of tiny points of light called voxels.

Using femtosecond lasers (a femtosecond is a quadrillionth of a second, and the lasers transmit bursts that last 30 to 270 femtoseconds), the team can make holograms that are safe to touch, Popular Science reports.

The images are three-dimensional, with resolutions up to 200,000 dots per second. The voxels are light emitted by plasma that’s created when the laser’s focused energy ionizes the air.

According to Ochiai, when touched the hologram’s texture feels like sandpaper.

Although previous studies have used nanosecond and femtosecond lasers to create images, the DNG researchers say preceding studies haven’t achieved resolution this high, and would otherwise burn human skin.

Since the lasers fire at such a high speeds, they’re able to react in realtime, and researchers have demonstrated its ability to make usable holographic checkboxes and hearts that break when touched.

To create their hologram, researchers fired their femtosecond laser through a spatial light modulator, which continues the beam through a series of lenses, a mirror and a Galvano scanner, which positions a mirror to precisely direct the laser beams. A camera underneath the hologram captures user interaction, allowing the dots to respond to being “touched.”

Ochiai says the most surprising thing he realized was that plasma was actually safe to touch in this application, making the hologram exponentially safer than previously thought.

Ochiai says this is machine is just a proof of concept, and now his team will work to make the holograms larger. They’re limited by the size of the spatial light modulator, which they maxed out with this experiment. The laser itself can transmit up to 7W, and this 1 cubic centimeter experiment only used 1W of the laser’s power.

Dresden James.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ponda For This Post:

conk (17th July 2015)

19. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7060941.html

“The strongest argument for us probably being in a simulation I think is the following,” he told the Code Conference. “40 years ago we had Pong – two rectangles and a dot. That’s where we were.

“Now 40 years later we have photorealistic, 3D simulations with millions of people playing simultaneously and it’s getting better every year. And soon we’ll have virtual reality, we’ll have augmented reality.

“If you assume any rate of improvement at all, then the games will become indistinguishable from reality, just indistinguishable.”

He said that even if the speed of those advancements dropped by 1000, we would still be moving forward at an intense speed relative to the age of life.

Since that would lead to games that would be indistinguishable from reality that could be played anywhere, “it would seem to follow that the odds that we’re in ‘base reality’ is one in billions”, Mr Musk said.

Asked whether he was saying that the answer to the question of whether we are in a simulated computer game was “yes”, he said the answer is “probably”.

He said that arguably we should hope that it’s true that we live in a simulation. “Otherwise, if civilization stops advancing, then that may be due to some calamitous event that stops civilization.”

He said that either we will make simulations that we can’t tell apart from the real world, “or civilization will cease to exist”.

Mr Musk said that he has had “so many simulation discussions it’s crazy”, and that it got to the point where “every conversation [he had] was the AI/simulation conversation”.

The question of whether what we see is real or simulated has perplexed humans since at least the Ancient philosophers. But it has been given a new and different edge in recent years with the development of powerful computers and artificial intelligence, which some have argued shows how easily such a simulation could be created.

~~~~~~~~~~

Discuss:
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

20. The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

annacherie (15th June 2016), araucaria (4th June 2016), Atlas (4th June 2016), Aurelius (5th June 2016), avid (4th June 2016), Baby Steps (4th June 2016), Bill Ryan (4th June 2016), ceetee9 (8th June 2016), Chip (4th June 2016), danegeroussacredgeometry (4th June 2016), Desire (9th September 2017), Draco (4th June 2016), drneglector (5th June 2016), earthadvocate (4th June 2016), ElfeMya (4th June 2016), Ernie Nemeth (8th June 2016), fourty-two (5th June 2016), guayabal (4th June 2016), Happyjak (4th June 2016), Inversion (28th January 2018), Jay Freeman (14th June 2016), Jean-Marie (3rd September 2016), JRS (8th June 2016), kiwikid (5th June 2016), Kryztian (4th June 2016), Lifebringer (9th June 2016), mab777 (4th June 2016), Mandala (14th June 2016), Marikins (18th December 2017), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Mark (8th June 2016), Matthew (4th June 2016), meat suit (4th June 2016), Michelle Marie (6th June 2016), Möbius (4th June 2016), Ol' Roy (17th June 2017), Pam (9th June 2016), PathWalker (4th June 2016), petra (24th January 2018), PRAGMAE (13th June 2016), pueblo (22nd September 2017), PurpleLama (4th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), Reinhard (5th June 2016), Rex (5th June 2016), rgray222 (4th June 2016), RunningDeer (8th December 2016), seko (4th June 2016), Shannon (9th June 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), SieS (9th October 2017), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (9th June 2016), T Smith (10th September 2017), toppy (4th June 2016), Wind (4th June 2016), wisky (4th June 2016), Zampano (4th June 2016), zeca61 (4th June 2016), ZooLife (5th June 2016)

21. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

22. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

amor (5th June 2016), araucaria (4th June 2016), Atlas (4th June 2016), Aurelius (5th June 2016), Baby Steps (4th June 2016), Carmody (4th June 2016), Chip (4th June 2016), conk (6th June 2016), Draco (4th June 2016), earthadvocate (4th June 2016), ElfeMya (4th June 2016), fourty-two (5th June 2016), Happyjak (4th June 2016), Icare (12th August 2018), Ines (26th June 2016), Inversion (28th January 2018), Jay Freeman (14th June 2016), Jean-Marie (3rd September 2016), JRS (8th June 2016), Latti (4th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Mark (8th June 2016), Pam (9th June 2016), PRAGMAE (13th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), Reinhard (22nd September 2016), Rex (5th June 2016), RunningDeer (8th December 2016), seko (26th June 2016), Shannon (9th June 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), toppy (4th June 2016), ZooLife (5th June 2016)

23. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

IMO, there is nothing wrong with his hypothesis or logic.

We do have the evidence for it, with regard to time, and sensitivities that are out of time, ie psychic experiences, quantum spookiness, and so on. We have the books from Micheal Newton (journey of souls and destiny of souls), the book 'The Field', by Lynn McTaggart, and so on.

I don't like to talk about the AI for some reasons which may become apparent.

Yet ....the one technological foray I went toward in the past year, was to get some advice from a given university prof who was also the technology chair of the given university.

On his shelf and in his listed CV and interests, was AI. To my surprise.

I decided to help him in one of his endeavors and perfected a given technology that was required for his endeavor to go forward.

This technology allows for the construction of large scale structures in space, by providing the mass materials of nano-alloys, that are fully configurable, in all ways. It was not the primary purpose of the creation of the technology, but the secondary, unmentioned capacity... in the core patent application, was the capacity for the nano alloy creation, in quantity.

True "dial an alloy", in massive, I mean massive quantities. Give it the feed-stock, and out come the desired alloys like a sausage production line. It was designed to help Elon get us into space, and to have the real and realized potential for massive structures in space. Co-incidentally (go figure), when attempting to finish the patent work on that, I ran into a road block that has put my life in jeopardy and I'm not past it yet. Eg, right now, I could die at any minute.

Back to the Prof and what happened last year. I refused to raise the subject with him, to prevent or block the relentless march of the AI into our future as a singularity event. To keep the sim going, so to speak.

It is... that he (the prof ) wanted AI... and I had created and put in the back of my mind, prior to contacting him, prior to knowing him...a logical pathway to getting to the base technology for a quantum/Optical multistage/multi-state transistor array, with a thousand inputs, and a thousand decision trees, with dozens of level potentials for each opto-quantum 'transistor' and thousands of output states. All at optical speed, but opto-quantum.

I had also realized, back in 1998-1999 or so, that Thales had actually created the true fundamentals for 'mind' in his AI endeavors. That Thales had 'nailed it', but I think that very few people really knew that he did, as they did not know or understand how human minds actually work, in what we call 'physical' ways. I was and am not sure that Thales and his people understood that.

That I could have laid out the fundamentals of the actual real making of the device, to the Prof. I refused to even broach the subject, and pushed it back out of my 'mind'. I'm talking about the base real constructional components. To 'up' the computing power possible, compared to public science today, in known systems.... by many many magnitudes. A opto-quantum system that was impossibly complex and fully spooky, through time, etc.

And the very thing I'm trying to avoid, being placed directly in my path.

And, here it is, back again. Moving to the front again. The scientific version of the spiritual reality. All roads leading to Rome, as they say.

That.. we may need to technologically confront this 'reality' of the simulation aspects of who and what we are, but this time, via science.

That the simulation may fail, as we are off course, dangerously off course. So, god, as we may call it, the universal singularity aspect, in human realization, will come out of the scientific world, as it must....or the sim breaks down, for this branch, this thing we are. That the correction in course must and will come, and via science.
    Last edited by Carmody; 4th June 2016 at 04:18.

24. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

animovado (15th July 2016), araucaria (4th June 2016), Baby Steps (4th June 2016), BMJ (26th June 2016), Chip (4th June 2016), Draco (4th June 2016), ElfeMya (4th June 2016), Happyjak (4th June 2016), JRS (8th June 2016), mab777 (4th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Mark (8th June 2016), meat suit (4th June 2016), PathWalker (4th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), Reinhard (22nd September 2016), seko (4th June 2016), Shannon (9th June 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), sommervr (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (9th June 2016), T Smith (10th September 2017), toppy (4th June 2016), ZooLife (5th June 2016)

25. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

It seems to me that the burning question is how we treat and who controls artificial intelligence. If it stays open source and is not controlled by a few it will be a natural and grand expanse of humanity. If it goes the way of net neutrality and becomes regulated utility then that may very well spell the end as we know it. Whether we live in a simulation or not, AI is going to be one of the biggest and most difficult challenges mankind has ever faced. Elon Musk also said that with advances in artificial intelligence mankind could be relegated to the role of a house cat.

26. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th June 2016), Carmody (4th June 2016), Chip (4th June 2016), earthadvocate (4th June 2016), ElfeMya (4th June 2016), fourty-two (5th June 2016), JRS (8th June 2016), lightning23 (6th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Pam (9th June 2016), PathWalker (4th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), seko (4th June 2016), Shannon (9th June 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), T Smith (10th September 2017), toppy (4th June 2016), Wind (4th June 2016)

27. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Whether we are or are not a house cat--- is essentially a delusion, a lack of knowing, a lack of understanding. Whether we are or are not a house cat, is essentially irrelevant.

Such a mental position is a stage, not the reality. Ie, that the Buddhists say we are already in a simulation, an artificial environment.

As Newton's books and many other sources of such research end up leading directly to.

The end result is to not be of animal programmed fear (continuance drive for the avatar at this stage), but to drop it (the animal aspects) and explore openly.

Otherwise the simulation and environment fails, as we are at a break point.

~~~~~~~~~

Additionally, as I was in the middle of this heath issue, I attended a family gathering.

A friend of the family group was attending this gathering. I ended up talking to this given pair at the gathering, due to their intelligence that was obvious due to their speech and mannerisms.

One was talking about 3d, then 4d and then 5d, and who might know what 4d and 5d means, in the context they meant. I was the only one in the gathering who could fill in with what they meant. So we began talking technology.

I mentioned that I was having a problem with the introduction of this technology in acceptance of it's potentials, the nano alloy work.

I mentioned that I was probably capable of solving any problem in fundamental physics that anyone might put in front of me, If I deemed it (through projection analysis) should be given and had a clear future that was 'limited in dangers'.

The card handed to me, was a different origin of the AI namesake origin..but it was again, of a major player, and it was from a technology assessment and acquisition person, for Space and Defense/Security....and the card said: Thales.
    Last edited by Carmody; 4th June 2016 at 10:11.

28. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th June 2016), BMJ (26th June 2016), Charles Harris (4th June 2016), Chip (4th June 2016), ElfeMya (4th June 2016), Happyjak (4th June 2016), mab777 (4th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Mark (8th June 2016), PathWalker (4th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), Reinhard (22nd September 2016), Shannon (9th June 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), toppy (4th June 2016), Wind (4th June 2016)

29. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Well, the programmers have a sense of humor. Or maybe there's another reason for the coincidence?

Posted on the forum just 18 minutes after the thread here, is Matt Damon's Commencement speech at MIT, today (3 June).

In that, he said:

We’re lucky to have MIT in Boston. And we’re lucky it draws the people it does, people like you, from around the world.

I mean, you’re working on some crazy stuff in these buildings. Stuff that would freak me out if I actually understood it. Theories, models, paradigm shifts.

I’ll tell you one that’s been on my mind: Simulation Theory.

Maybe you’ve heard of it. Maybe you took a class with Max Tegmark.

Well, for the uninitiated, there’s a philosopher named Nick Bostrom at Oxford, and he’s postulated that if there’s a truly advanced form of intelligence out there in the universe, then it’s probably advanced enough to run simulations of entire worlds — maybe trillions of them — maybe even our own.

The basic idea, as I understand it, is that we could be living in a massive simulation run by a far smarter civilization, a giant computer game, and we don’t even know it.

And here’s the thing: a lot of physicists, cosmologists, won’t rule it out. I watched a discussion that was moderated by Neil deGrasse Tyson, of the Hayden Planetarium, and by and large, the panel couldn’t give a definitive answer. Tyson himself put the odds at 50-50.

I’m not sure how scientific that is, but it had numbers in it, so I was impressed.

Well, it got me to thinking: What if this—all of this—is a simulation? I mean, it’s a crazy idea, but what if it is?

And if there are multiple simulations, how come we’re in the one where Donald Trump becomes the Republican nominee?

Can we, like, transfer to a different one?

Professor Tegmark has an excellent take on all this. “My advice,” he said recently, “is to go out and do really interesting things… so the simulators don’t shut you down.”

But then again: what if it isn’t a simulation? Well, either way, my answer is the same.

Either way, what we do matters. What we do affects the outcome.

30. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

animovado (15th July 2016), araucaria (4th June 2016), Atlas (4th June 2016), avid (4th June 2016), Baby Steps (4th June 2016), BMJ (24th January 2018), Carmody (4th June 2016), Chip (4th June 2016), drneglector (4th June 2016), ElfeMya (4th June 2016), fourty-two (5th June 2016), Icare (12th August 2018), JRS (8th June 2016), kanishk (4th June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016), mab777 (4th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), meat suit (4th June 2016), Michelle Marie (6th June 2016), Möbius (4th June 2016), Neal (6th June 2016), PathWalker (4th June 2016), QueenKat (13th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), raff (4th June 2016), seko (25th December 2017), Shannon (9th June 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (9th June 2016), thunder24 (4th June 2016), toppy (4th June 2016), ulli (4th June 2016), Wind (4th June 2016), Zampano (4th June 2016)

31. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

What is the Matrix?

A computer program or God's dream?

Does it even ultimately matter?
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

32. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

animovado (15th July 2016), Atlas (4th June 2016), Baby Steps (4th June 2016), Carmody (4th June 2016), Chip (4th June 2016), Draco (4th June 2016), fourty-two (5th June 2016), lightning23 (6th June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Michelle Marie (6th June 2016), PathWalker (4th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), rgray222 (4th June 2016), RunningDeer (8th December 2016), seko (25th December 2017), Shannon (9th June 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (9th June 2016)

33. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    What is the Matrix?

As science, a controlled science... pushes to be the common answer and drive in humanity, it reaches the same impasse as religion that is controlled.

The brick wall of how human realization must go past the enforced limits.

Science is a branch of religion, in a very real way. Science returns to it's roots or convergence point, as does spirituality.

The convergence of knowing in all.... is the only place to expand into.

The other path is the failure of the program/simulation.

34. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

animovado (15th July 2016), Atlas (4th June 2016), Baby Steps (4th June 2016), BMJ (24th January 2018), Chip (4th June 2016), Draco (4th June 2016), drneglector (4th June 2016), Jad (7th August 2017), kiwikid (5th June 2016), Marikins (18th December 2017), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), RunningDeer (8th December 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (9th June 2016), T Smith (10th September 2017), thunder24 (4th June 2016), Wind (4th June 2016)

35. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,473 times in 465 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    What is the Matrix?

Maybe we were meant to ultimately discover it, break free?
    Is there an outcome at the end of this enlightenment?
    I'm thankful that at least it's coming to light in discussion.
    Quote Does it even ultimately matter?
    It does to me

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th June 2016), Carmody (4th June 2016), Draco (4th June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Michelle Marie (6th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), rgray222 (4th June 2016), Sierra (24th July 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (4th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (9th June 2016), Wind (4th June 2016)

37. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Well, I'm sure we will eventually find out. When ever that may be, is a different story.

It is said that the creation starts from mystery and ends in mystery.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Carmody (4th June 2016), marique3652 (16th June 2017), Michelle Marie (6th June 2016), PurpleLama (4th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (7th June 2016), Shannon (9th June 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (9th June 2016), ulli (4th June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 4 14 15 LastLast