+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hidden in plain sight...

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Default Re: Hidden in plain sight...

an accidental search I happened across today ~
    was doing a little research about ancient india, came across "the good king" - Yudhisthira then on Google I accidentally searched > scholar - wtf check this out,

Google page one Scholarly Articles search results: Yudhisthira -

----
    Nanochemistry: synthesis and characterization of multifunctional nanoclinics for biological applications
    [PDF] from illinois.eduL Levy, Y Sahoo, KS Kim, EJ Bergey… - Chem. Mater, 2002 - ACS Publications
    This paper presents the use of nanoscale chemistry to synthesize a multilevel, hierarchically
    built nanoparticle, which we define as a nanoclinic, for targeted diagnostics and therapy. This
    nanoclinic, produced by multistep chemistry in a nanosize micelle, consists of a thin silica ...
    Cited by 143 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 6 versions

A general approach to binary and ternary hybrid nanocrystals
    [PDF] from buffalo.eduW Shi, H Zeng, Y Sahoo, TY Ohulchanskyy… - Nano Lett, 2006 - ACS Publications
    We describe and demonstrate a general strategy for engineering binary and ternary hybrid nanoparticles
    based on spontaneous epitaxial nucleation and growth of a second and third component onto
    seed nanoparticles in high-temperature organic solutions. Multifunctional hybrid ...
    Cited by 121 - Related articles - All 9 versions

Alkyl phosphonate/phosphate coating on magnetite nanoparticles: a comparison with fatty acids
    [PDF] from biu.ac.ilY Sahoo, H Pizem, T Fried, D Golodnitsky… - Langmuir, 2001 - ACS Publications
    Coated magnetite nanoparticles with a 6?8 nm average diameter were prepared. The surfactants
    used to stabilize the nanoparticles and disperse them in organic solvents were oleic acid
    (OA), lauric acid , dodecyl phosphonate, hexadecyl phosphonate, and dihexadecyl ...
    Cited by 93 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 10 versions

Aqueous ferrofluid of magnetite nanoparticles: Fluorescence labeling and magnetophoretic control
    [PDF] from buffalo.eduY Sahoo, A Goodarzi, MT Swihart… - J. Phys. Chem. …, 2005 - ACS Publications
    A method is presented for the preparation of a biocompatible ferrofluid containing dye-functionalized
    magnetite nanoparticles that can serve as fluorescent markers. This method entails the surface
    functionalization of magnetite nanoparticles using citric acid to produce a stable aqueous ...
    Cited by 68 - Related articles - All 6 versions

Diacyllipid micelle-based nanocarrier for magnetically guided delivery of drugs in photodynamic therapy
    LO Cinteza, TY Ohulchanskyy, Y Sahoo… - Mol. Pharm, 2006 - ACS Publications
    We report the design, synthesis using nanochemistry, and characterization of a novel multifunctional
    polymeric micelle-based nanocarrier system, which demonstrates combined function of magnetophoretically
    guided drug delivery together with light-activated photodynamic therapy. Specifically, the ...
    Cited by 41 - Related articles - All 2 versions

Shape control of PbSe nanocrystals using noble metal seed particles
    [PDF] from buffalo.eduKT Yong, Y Sahoo, KR Choudhury, MT Swihart… - Nano Lett, 2006 - ACS Publications
    Several groups have reported shape-controlled synthesis of different colloidal NCs.
    Alivisatos' group 5,8-10 and Peng et al. 11-13 have developed a colloidal synthesis method
    for the formation of QRs and multipods of CdSe and CdTe. In their laboratories, the ...
    Cited by 38 - Related articles - All 7 versions

Multi-photon excitation properties of CdSe quantum dots solutions and optical limiting behavior in infrared range
    GS He, KT Yong, Q Zheng, Y Sahoo… - Optics …, 2007 - opticsinfobase.org
    Multi-photon absorption and excitation properties of CdSe quantum dots in hexane with different
    dot-sizes have been investigated. The two- and three-photon absorption (2PA and 3PA) coefficients
    were measured by using ~160-fs laser pulses at wavelengths of ~775-nm and ~1300-nm, ...
    Cited by 31 - Related articles - All 20 versions

Growth of CdSe Quantum Rods and Multipods Seeded by Noble?Metal Nanoparticles
    [PDF] from buffalo.eduKT Yong, Y Sahoo, MT Swihart… - Advanced Materials, 2006 - Wiley Online Library
    Semiconductor nanocrystals (NCs) have emerged as an important class of materials because
    of their tunable optoelec- tronic properties that arise from quantum size effects. They can be used
    as active components in functional nanocompos- ites,[1] chemical sensors,[2] ...
    Cited by 28 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 5 versions

Efficient Photodetection at IR Wavelengths by Incorporation of PbSe–Carbon?Nanotube Conjugates in a Polymeric Nanocomposite
    [PDF] from polimi.itN Cho, K Roy Choudhury, RB Thapa… - Advanced …, 2007 - Wiley Online Library
    Polymeric nanocomposites have demonstrated great poten- tial for the construction of physically
    flexible, large-area opto- electronic devices that can remain photoactive over a wide spectral
    bandwidth, depending on the customizable constitu- ents. They bolster the prospect of ...
    Cited by 28 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 7 versions

Shape control of CdS nanocrystals in one-pot synthesis
    [PDF] from lbl.govKT Yong, Y Sahoo, MT Swihart… - 2007 - ACS Publications
    We report here straightforward solution-phase methods of preparing CdS NCs with a wide variety
    of morphologies, starting with oleylamine as the surfactant or capping agent, and varying the
    reaction conditions. We have systematically investigated the effects of temperature, ...
    Cited by 30 - Related articles - All 8 versions
    ----

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...&q=Yudhisthira
    Why not now?

2. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Ummmmmm, is this you're way of telling us we're off topic, nomadguy - or am I missing something?

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

3. Link to Post #43
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Quote I dunno, Witchy.
    I imagine the Catholics dunking the Pagans to save their souls were feeling pretty moral and righteous.
    But I bet the pagans wouldn't have agreed.

There's lots of examples where one may feel completely moral in their behaviour, and yet the behaviour is perfectly without love for their fellow man.
    Ow, I agree T - dont think my explanation was great. I think there might be confusion about how we interpret morals. (as opposed to a set of beliefs or values or simply conforming to society norms) my understanding is they provide the internal motivation.
    A person can be immoral, but there is no similar word to describe values. Do people feel moral in their behaviour or justified (due to values or ethics.)

I think they were feeling very righteous and moraly very just in their actions, but as you say without love for any person.

Wasnt if Freud who said that moral development came out of the ego? Racking my brain back to nursing training (psych 101)
    I think I'll bow out gracefully now

4. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    You sound upset to consider that I might be full of love.
    Why would that bother you?
    no I'm not upset if your heart is full of love

I'm only a little upset that you misread me dear Teakai ; )

5. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    no I'm not upset if your heart is full of love

I'm only a little upset that you misread me dear Teakai ; )
    Upset at me or at yourself?
    I only responded to what you wrote. What part in particular do you think I misread?

6. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Ow, I agree T - dont think my explanation was great. I think there might be confusion about how we interpret morals. (as opposed to a set of beliefs or values or simply conforming to society norms) my understanding is they provide the internal motivation.
    A person can be immoral, but there is no similar word to describe values. Do people feel moral in their behaviour or justified (due to values or ethics.)

I think they were feeling very righteous and moraly very just in their actions, but as you say without love for any person.

Wasnt if Freud who said that moral development came out of the ego? Racking my brain back to nursing training (psych 101)
    I think I'll bow out gracefully now
    Oh no - don't bow out. I didn't pick pagans because you're Witchy - they're just the first really good example that popped into my mind. And it did start of being about religion in a way.

Freud was probably right - but I'm of the opinion that all psychology is a study of ego.

I think I might come across as rather opinionated, but, on the bright side, my opinion is very easily changed with good reason

7. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

lol, no didnt even think of that... just know when Im in over my head - cant speak with any real authority on this subject.....just butted in for something to say really.

Psych is all fluffy nonsense for the most part, creates co -dependences. Dont know if I ever met a person cured of their psychiatric disorder by one actually! They simply resort to drugs. They do have a place for the classic disorders (in DSMV IV) MPD's, trauma/abuse etc.

No no- you certainly dont come over as being opinionated. I enjoy your posts they are well reasoned and researched. Like yourself I also like to opine on the odd topic of interest (perhaps its being antipodean) and am happy (ish) to be pointed in the right direction if Ive veered of track - hahaha.

W

8. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

dont suppose you're a Taurus???

9. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

dont suppose you're a Taurus???
    No, but according to astrology my sign makes a good match with Taurus.

10. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

lol, no didnt even think of that... just know when Im in over my head - cant speak with any real authority on this subject.....just butted in for something to say really.
    Psych is all fluffy nonsense for the most part, creates co -dependences. Dont know if I ever met a person cured of their psychiatric disorder by one actually! They simply resort to drugs. They do have a place for the classic disorders (in DSMV IV) MPD's, trauma/abuse etc.

No no- you certainly dont come over as being opinionated. I enjoy your posts they are well reasoned and researched. Like yourself I also like to opine on the odd topic of interest (perhaps its being antipodean) and am happy (ish) to be pointed in the right direction if Ive veered of track - hahaha.

W
    Well, me either - I pretty much just make it up as I go along - whatever's mooshed itself together in my head at that particular time and sounds about right. Shhhh, don't tell anyone though, some may not have guessed.

My opinion is pretty fluid. Too much new and incoming information to form a definite opinion about anything, methinks.
    Hell, I'm even considering the possibility of reptillians.

Saw a video the other day about psychiatry - psychiatrists were saying how it was all a load of rubbish, and they made pretty much all of it up.
    Have you seen it?
    It was posted here, but I don't recall the thread. Probably shouldn't put that in any of your exam answers, though

11. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

AhHa! Oh, that may have been a bit of a personal question, sorry T. (However thats maybe why I resonate with your posts)

12. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

AhHa! Oh, that may have been a bit of a personal question, sorry T. (However thats maybe why I resonate with your posts)
    Ah witchy, bless ya - I don't care about personal. I just didn't want to ruin your fun. (Projecting here - I quite enjoy guessing people's astrological signs)

I was born under the sign of scorpio. How about you? I'm guessing pisces. Sometimes I'm quite good at picking them but it might be too early to have gotten a proper vibe from you.

13. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

I was not raised Catholic but all I need to do is take one look at Pope Benedict's face to see that he has caused great suffering. He's one scary-looking dude. And as far as BHO goes - he's a walking talking prevarication. It's hard for me to believe how many millions of people can be duped by him.

This video presentation is well-intentioned but too much of a stretch. Jonathan attempts to push this hieroglyph through the cheesecloth of his Christian belief system and it just doesn't cut it.

14. Link to Post #54
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Upset at me or at yourself?
    I only responded to what you wrote. What part in particular do you think I misread?
    I'm not upset or bothered if your heart is full of love

there is a lack of love in the world so it is most cherished and welcome

still there are many not in touch with this love and inner light of guidance

so for them it's best to practise spiritual values like morality

so the stream of light n love might flow freely within their hearts too

doing what is good n right is the road to peace love n joy ; )

15. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    I'm not upset or bothered if your heart is full of lovethere is a lack of love in the world so it is most cherished and welcome

still there are many not in touch with this love and inner light of guidance

so for them it's best to practise spiritual values like morality

so the stream of light n love might flow freely within their hearts too

doing what is good n right is the road to peace love n joy ; )
    So you said, RedeZra.
    You said you were upset because I'd misread you - I asked where you think I'd misread you.

16. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Victor laszlo (here)
    I was not raised Catholic but all I need to do is take one look at Pope Benedict's face to see that he has caused great suffering. He's one scary-looking dude. And as far as BHO goes - he's a walking talking prevarication. It's hard for me to believe how many millions of people can be duped by him.

This video presentation is well-intentioned but too much of a stretch. Jonathan attempts to push this hieroglyph through the cheesecloth of his Christian belief system and it just doesn't cut it.
    Hi Victor, I guess every Pope, or Bishop, or high ranking authority would know the truth and history of the Christian religion - that would make them all dishonest.

Be good, follow the rules then you die and go to heaven forever. Sin and it's an eternity of hell , sin lightly and your relatives can buy your soul out of purgatory.
    There is no reincarnation.

They're perpetuating a complete lie - and they know it. The only holy thing there is the story they spin us.
    IMO.
    I have a dabbling interest in religion, historically - the symbolism and the fact that Christianity is built upon a much older system and that symbology is found hidden throughout our world today is something I find extremely interesting.
    Hidden messages that perhaps only our subconscious notices - I wonder if we recall and recognise them at a deeper level from another earth time.

Of course, it's a terrible deception - but it's a really fascinating terrible deception.
    Last edited by Teakai; 23rd November 2010 at 23:50.

17. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Quote I was born under the sign of scorpio. How about you? I'm guessing pisces. Sometimes I'm quite good at picking them but it might be too early to have gotten a proper vibe from you
    Bog standard Taurean. With all those -ve traits and all those wonderful +ve ones.

18. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Bog standard Taurean. With all those -ve traits and all those wonderful +ve ones.
    Aw ma-a-a--an, I was going to guess that next. Really - but only because you asked me if I was Taurean. Not because I'm psychic or anything.

Scorpios don't have any negative traits - that's just a vicious rumour going round.

19. Link to Post #59
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

So you said, RedeZra.
    You said you were upset because I'd misread you - I asked where you think I'd misread you.
    you misread me if you think I am upset with your loving heart

20. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Oh ya know, I was trying to bring up the idea of what is REALLY hidden in plain sight. you are not off topic, this one is broad
    Why not now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast