+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CAR runs on SALTWATER approved for production in Europe!

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: CAR runs on SALTWATER approved for production in Europe!

i still think its the technology and the fact that it has been approved for sale(s) for use on public roads that is such a step in the right direction and for the better, just remember how new car(s) get sold or generate interest....they make prototypes like these that appeal to a certain clientel then once interest and cash flow(s) start to propel these new tech cars , then these companies usually (sometimes) start to listen to what the public wants as far as model(s) and styles go, as i said i think at this point its important to see and support the new technology and approval issue which in the past has haulted many great alternative vehicle ideas, and caused many deaths by oh yea, suicides such as the case when an inventor cant get his or her new type of vehicle off the ground and approved for sale/use etc.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th February 2015), Selene (8th February 2015), sigma6 (8th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

I think the above comments have pretty well sorted things out, but maybe I can add some detail.

The liquids in the tanks have to be reversibly redox active (capable of receiving/giving an electron reversibly) in order to store that much energy and to easily deliver it in the form of electricity. That means the metallic salt probably consists of a transition metal cation and some kind of inorganic anion. In a lithium battery the transition metal is usually manganese, cobalt or iron. However redox flow batteries have often utilized vanadium, since vanadium oxides have solubility in water. The other advantage of vanadium is that you can notionally go from an oxidation state of +1 to +5 (although not necessarily in practice). Since you supply one electron from every oxidation state, the capacity is much higher than the case of, for example, iron in a lithium iron phosphate battery where the iron only goes between +2 and +3. Each oxidation state has its own voltage too, to make things even more complex..

Anyway, the point I want to make is, that once these redox active liquids have been used up, it means that the oxidation state of the active metal has been changed, and in order to change it back you have to apply electricity, same as you would recharge any battery. Swapping out the liquid is in essence the equivalent of swapping out the battery pack of an electric car. In theory they could re-charge the liquid in the car, but it might take too long given the massive amount of energy, or it might produce gaseous by-products that would be a safety risk.

So far, nothing is different from an ordinary redox flow battery.

However, it seems like their real innovation is the very high energy density, which apparently results from a high concentration of redox active salt. Obviously there are some things they are not telling us, like what metal is used, how long their membrane can last, what temperature is required etc etc. If they want to encourage research in this area like they say, they could publish their findings (maybe they have).

On the 'salt water' term, yes completely misleading to put it this way. It's like equating gold with calcium, since they are both metals... but in most cases one can not do the job of the other.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th February 2015), Nick Matkin (7th February 2015), Selene (8th February 2015), sigma6 (8th February 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Thumbs up Re: CAR runs on SALTWATER approved for production in Europe!

Rip Stanley. Your water buggy was the goods till that energy mafia poisoned you in that restaurant episode.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 7th February 2015 at 18:55.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2015), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2015), Kryztian (12th February 2015), Selene (8th February 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

And no one has independently recreated Stan Meyers' technology in the past 20 years?

8. Link to Post #25
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,006 times in 904 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    And no one has independently recreated Stan Meyers' technology in the past 20 years?
    loads of people have tried .. including myself and it doesnt seem to want to work.... Stan may have been a fraud... unfortunately...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Nick Matkin (7th February 2015)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)
    loads of people have tried .. including myself and it doesnt seem to want to work.... Stan may have been a fraud... unfortunately...
    Well done trying. I doubt many on here have done that. 'Fraud' is a harsh word, but probably accurate unless anyone can prove otherwise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

meat suit (8th February 2015)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Mu2143 (here)
    This came in to my spirit ->
    Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.
    And my spirit is telling me that if you see people as your enemy, it will encourage you to treat them as your enemy, and it will inspire a feeling of opposition in them as well.

Everything comes from the same source, and if you can show people that you are also interested in their own well-being, there is no reason to resist. I can't imagine people saying, "Oh no, but I like paying $3.00 a gallon for gasoline!! I don't want cheaper transportation!!!!"

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

I talk to a Ukranian girl who is researching alternative energy at the University of Moscow. She was just telling me the other day that she was interested in finding any research she could on Stanley Meyer, because they had tested his system in a lab and found that it was partially successful. I don't remember her exact words, but it was to the extent that some energy was being produced (and I don't even know how the system works), and that they were interested in pursuing it further.

If you want to know why no major western universities have been studying this until now, it's same reason why alternative forms of energy are under-studied in general. I can give you clues. It has to do with money, and more specifically it has to do with a handful of companies that have an enormous amount of it. Universities are not the bastions of a free and open society that many people think they are. Medical schools sponsored by Big Pharma in the US are a perfect example of this.

14. Link to Post #29
    Australia Avalon Member Patrikas's Avatar
    Thanks

This is from Jimstone about 18 months ago on the vehicles that have been available for some time some of them available in europe the volkswagon achieving an amazing 261 MPG and others at around 150 MPG.these are real vehicles in production .....but bringing them to usa or even canada is impossible and would probably land u in jail and the vehicle being crushed link below ....cheers

http://jimstonefreelance.com/50plus.html

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrikas For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (8th February 2015), Cjay (8th February 2015)

16. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

If the electrolytes are specially manufactured, unobtainable easily or expensive as gasoline, then what is the point. The plain hydrogen/oxygen fuel might be less expensive, OR the car with a Magneto attached to a fifth wheel which produces its own feedback electricity to the battery and motor as it drives. Please don't tell me anyone that this cannot work. If this cannot work, nothing that a dynamo or magneto does works.

To the manufacturer I say. Give the public an exceedingly affordable product such that the very poorest people can use in India, China, etc. Transport for one or two? Also your more expensive, stylish product for your greater profit. You will put everyone else out of business.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

sigma6 (8th February 2015), Vangelo (8th February 2015)

18. Link to Post #31
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

Lightbulb Re: CAR runs on SALTWATER approved for production in Europe!

Last edited by Mu2143; 19th March 2015 at 01:31.

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mu2143 (here)
    You create your own reality and that's why they attack
    the mind first and make sure you keep it up and running.
    So what do you do once you realize that you create your own reality?

Live in a cave and meditate all day?
    Find threads on PA to interrumpt to remind people that they create their own reality?
    Actually engage in creating reality by, oh, for example, pushing for a revolution in the energy industry?

I know I create my own reality.

20. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

His bizarre death after refusing to take a billion dollars would be inconsistent with that...

This sounds cool, but what are the geopolitics behind it? apparently from the sound of it there is a lot of guessing about the technology, lots of flash, very little attempt to inform the public about the technology... that is suspect in itself.

Apart from the politics behind it, are the PTB getting desperate? are they are finally getting their hand forced?

The only question I want to know is the CONTROL of DISTRIBUTION equation. This has to be answered....

What are the dynamics here? Will it be a specialized technology (patent) or will the "fuel" be so complicated that it can only be gotten from an expensive and complicated manufacturer who is required to spend billions building facilities (thus creating a barrier to competition)? Or is it that is some component or the method of fuel production that is patented? How are they going to CONTROL the DISTRIBUTION... and of which part of the chain of production or energy is the question?...

Will other manufacturers be able to make this technology?... Is this complimentary or in direct competition (as a response) to the Japanese Big 3 and their recent power cell technology?... Which I think is a shot across the bow to the inevitable death of the Western controlled oil economy (as the latest sanctions have proven... it's not Saudi Arabia pushing the prices down)
    Last edited by sigma6; 8th February 2015 at 06:23.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (8th February 2015), WhiteFeather (8th February 2015)

22. Link to Post #34
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

Last edited by Mu2143; 19th March 2015 at 01:28.

23. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

There has been a lot of investment made by our government to promote the use of electrically powered cars (part of it done by (agressively) discouraging the use of diesel cars) as well as revise the fuel station infrastructure to have more charging stations for people with these electrically powered cars, who are now less worried about not being able to recharge underway.

It's been received well by the ones who tried it. I remember some five years ago people tried it and came back commenting that it was nice,...as a gadget. Especially because of the very regular charges it needed back then, after short distances already and the limits on speed for saving on battery. Apparently, much progress has been made in few time, because now people are willing to replace their diesel/benzine cars for it gladly, if also the overall costs would be appealing enough, comparative wise (to the fuel-based car).

Ghostrider, I also look forward to that silence.

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    bye bye big oil , you've made enough off the people , go count your trillions , while we clean up our world and go quietly across mother natures beautiful veil of wonder ... no more dirty air , no more loud engines , or roaring traffic ... imagine a city moving in silence and doing it while keeping the air clean and pure ... futuristic for sure ... long overdue ...
    Last edited by Violet; 8th February 2015 at 07:14. Reason: Add quote

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (8th February 2015), sigma6 (8th February 2015), WhiteFeather (10th February 2015)

25. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    ... OR the car with a Magneto attached to a fifth wheel which produces its own feedback electricity to the battery and motor as it drives. Please don't tell me anyone that this cannot work. If this cannot work, nothing that a dynamo or magneto does works.
    Do you mean adding a fifth-wheel dynamo that rotates on contact with the road, but powered by whatever is driving the car?

Well yes, it will generate electricity like the alternator in a car driven from the belt that keeps the battery topped up. But you don't get something for nothing. The alternator/dynamo puts a load on the engine. The bigger the current it generates the more load/drag on the engine. And guess where the extra power for that comes from? More petrol/diesel.

Nick

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (8th February 2015)

27. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Hi

This is certainly an awesome breakthrough. But producing a prototype and attracting the funding to mass produce it are two very different things. Has an established car manufacturer developed it? If not my guess is no investor would touch it with a barge pole. Hope I'm wrong.

Ian Wright

28. Link to Post #38
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

yes well maybe it explains why water is rising (in price) in australia lol, its more expensive to buy from a shop than fuel..
    but how cool to see the oil barons loose there stronghold and monopoly on the world .
    especially in many of the second world countries.where folks earn 100 usd a month.
    maybe this new business venture is why oil prices have dropped so dramatically recently? bring it on..

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mickknight For This Post:

WhiteFeather (10th February 2015)

30. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Default Stay thirsty my friend.

Here's some convincing evidence that it's not fraud. Fast forward it till Stan starts his interview and explanations on the water buggy.

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

31. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Here's another goodie.

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast