+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THE PATROL (2013) - Full Movie English - Afghanistan 2006, Operation Icarus

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default THE PATROL (2013) - Full Movie English - Afghanistan 2006, Operation Icarus

Written and directed by former soldier, Tom Petch, 'The Patrol' provides the antidote to
    the war action film. A psychological drama, the film explores the relationships between
    a group of British soldiers as they grow disillusioned with the Afghan war.

Director: Tom Petch
    Writer: Tom Petch

Stars: Owain Arthur, Nicholas Beveney, Daniel Fraser | See full cast and crew »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an interesting movie portraying the pressure and frictions of a small squad sent
    out on a routine patrol that gets extended as they are used as part of a bigger operation.
    Its an atmospheric generic story from the pointless invasion of Afghanistan after the
    9/11 attacks that were if not an inside job was the work of other middle eastern
    countries as proven by 15 of the 19 so called hijackers being Saudi. But that goes into
    all the other threads we discuss. The movie has a twist at the end and is a
    dramatization of the type of events that may have happened worth a watch at some
    time, to give you a feel of these throwbacks to the old 'Empire conflicts' in the name
    of TNWO, or 'The war on Terror'......

Published on 10 Nov 2014

action movies full movie english hollywood Storyline:
    ----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------
    In 2006 the UK Minster of Defence announced the deployment of British Troops to
    Helmand Province, Afghanistan, saying: 'We would be happy to leave Afghanistan
    without firing a single shot'. 'The Patrol' features a British Army Operational Mentor and
    Liaison Team supporting this NATO led operation. As the scale of the Taliban insurgency
    dawns on the soldiers, problems with their operation cause the men to question their
    role in the war.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 12th February 2015 at 18:48.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

betoobig (12th February 2015), Bill Ryan (11th February 2015), Ecnal61 (12th February 2015), guido (12th February 2015), naste.de.lumina (12th February 2015), ponda (12th February 2015), selinam (11th February 2015), shadowstalker (11th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

Default Re: THE PATROL (2013) - Full Movie English - Afghanistan 2006, Operation Icarus

I wonder whats really in it, I have never gotten into war films (And i am not going to start now)so someone please tell me if it as any real truth to the afghan war. Please?
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

betoobig (12th February 2015), Cidersomerset (11th February 2015), guido (12th February 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: THE PATROL (2013) - Full Movie English - Afghanistan 2006, Operation Icarus

Quote I wonder whats really in it, I have never gotten into war films (And i am not going to start now)so someone please tell me if it as any real truth to the afghan war. Please?
    I don't want to give away the story buts its worth a watch imo .....I could go into it after
    more people who want to watch it have commented. Its not your average ' shoot um dead'
    movie as described above......

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

betoobig (12th February 2015), shadowstalker (11th February 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Movie blocked on copyright grounds... bummer.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

betoobig (12th February 2015), Cidersomerset (12th February 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    Movie blocked on copyright grounds... bummer.
    It seems to be available here at the moment

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic ~
    Dresden James.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

betoobig (12th February 2015), Cidersomerset (12th February 2015), guido (12th February 2015), sandy (12th February 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    I wonder whats really in it, I have never gotten into war films (And i am not going to start now)so someone please tell me if it as any real truth to the afghan war. Please?
    Most of those films are glorified action movies 'based' on a real story only. They hardly ever tell the truth.
    Some end up focusing on the violence and heroic shoot'em'up scenes, killing many 'enemies' without getting
    hurt despite being shot at etc. etc.

In reality you don't even need the violence, the hardship of being out there for days without real healthy food,
    having to find resupply of water, no toilet, reduced hygiene, tacbes not working, crappy magellan faltering is
    enough. If you're lucky you don't need the ammo but the downside of abundance is that you have to carry it
    with you! You'd rather have that weight in food ...

IMHO: Better stay away from the military ... let those PTW solve their own crappy sh!t. It's not worth your time and life !

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

betoobig (12th February 2015), Cidersomerset (12th February 2015), guido (12th February 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Movie blocked on copyright grounds... bummer.
    You have to be quick with these movies they are up and down like a yo-yo ...LOL

Quote It seems to be available here at the moment
    Thanks Ponda

Quote IMHO: Better stay away from the military ... let those PTW solve their own crappy sh!t. It's not worth your time and life !
    That would be the preference and the old adage that if all soldiers refused to fight
    there would be no wars, Obviously we are nowhere near this yet , but the twist at
    the end of the movie by the ex soldier Director Tom Petch , alludes to this old aim,
    plus although plenty of 50 cal and other small arms ammunition are fired in the
    direction of the 'Terries' we actually saw no fighters . The only physical fatal
    casualty was 'Taf' the others were psychological , who do question what are they
    doing ? in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 12th February 2015 at 18:49.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

betoobig (12th February 2015), Operator (12th February 2015), ponda (12th February 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    ---
    Quote IMHO: Better stay away from the military ... let those PTW solve their own crappy sh!t. It's not worth your time and life !
    ---
    Obviously we are nowhere near this yet
    ---
    Right, but that's why we need to inform our youngsters that all those shoot'em'up games are far
    from reality and should confront them with what it really is firing high power weapons on living
    beings messing them up, blood splattering all over the place etc. See how they would react and
    live on with the burden of having killed people in this life.

Far too often those movies are sponsored by places like the pentagon to serve as promo how
    heroic it must be to be in the 'special' forces ... Although, I have to admit, it is still far better
    to try to achieve things with a small group than a huge army in an all-out war. But the bottom
    line is that it is and always will be ugly. If this movie underlines just that ... then OK.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Cidersomerset (12th February 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Right, but that's why we need to inform our youngsters that all those shoot'em'up games are far
    from reality and should confront them with what it really is firing high power weapons on living
    beings messing them up, blood splattering all over the place etc. See how they would react and
    live on with the burden of having killed people in this life.
    Totally agree if we are not careful future generations of 'gamers/ comp operators '
    will be firing Drones and possibly missiles from their bedrooms as Pentagon
    contractors , mercenaries then of course 'Terrorists' at which time we will
    have a 'Big Brother' monitor in every room.....

The scary thing is they are recruiting them for Drone strike operators , although
    in this report former soldier Brandon Bryant did see the light.

'Did we just kill a kid?': The moment drone operator who assassinated Afghans
    with the push of a button on a computer in the U.S. realized he had vaporized
    a child... and could not go on

By Helen Pow

Published: 04:05, 17 December 2012 | Updated: 19:31, 17 December 2012

A former U.S. drone operator has opened up about the toll of killing scores
    of innocent people by pressing a button from a control room in New Mexico.
    Brandon Bryant, 27, from Missoula, Montana, spent six years in the Air Force
    operating Predator drones from inside a dark container.

But, after following orders to shoot and kill a child in Afghanistan, he knew
    he couldn't keep doing what he was doing and quit the military.

Too much: Brandon Bryant, 27, pictured, from Missoula, Montana, spent
    six years in the Air Force operating Predator drones from inside a dark container

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3RYRIZETG
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Flash (12th February 2015), Operator (12th February 2015), ponda (12th February 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

By coincidence just looking on Davids headline page......

The U.S. Media and the 13-Year-Old Yemeni Boy Burned to Death Last Month by a U.S. Drone

Thursday 12th February 2015 at 08:54 By David Icke

‘On January 26, the New York Times claimed that “a CIA drone strike in Yemen. . . .
    killed three suspected Qaeda fighters on Monday.” How did they know the identity of
    the dead? As usual, it was in part because “American officials said.” There was not a
    whiff of skepticism about this claim despite the fact that “a senior American official,
    speaking on the condition of anonymity, declined to confirm the names of the victims
    ” and “a C.I.A. spokesman declined to comment.”

That NYT article did cite what it called “a member of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula
    ” (AQAP), who provided the names of the three victims, one of whom was “Mohammed
    Toiman al-Jahmi, a Yemeni teenager whose father and brother were previously killed in
    American drone strikes.” The article added that “the Qaeda member did not know
    Mr. Jahmi’s age but said he was a member of the terrorist group.”

In fact, as the Guardian reported today, “Mr. Jahmi’s age” was 13 on the day the American drone ended his life.’

Read more: The U.S. Media and the 13-Year-Old Yemeni Boy Burned to Death Last Month by a U.S. Drone

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...led-u-s-drone/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Operator (12th February 2015)

+ Reply to Thread