+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The mind of a crow.

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Default Re: The mind of a crow.

No need for consciousness they are>>>>> SOURCE

Love Crows, Ravens and Magpies as well as all the other creatures Mother Earth shelters,
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

aranuk (13th February 2015), Grizz Griswold (13th February 2015), JRS (13th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Nice timing! I had just watched the documentary that that OP clip was from last week.

So many fun facts about our feathered friends.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fox For This Post:

aranuk (13th February 2015), Grizz Griswold (13th February 2015), william r sanford72 (13th February 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 times in 403 posts

Thanks WhiteFeather -a wonderful video indeed !

Today when I was in the city I watched 2 ravens (most ozzies mistakenly think of them as crows) strategically open up a folded McDonlads bag and raid left overs. I've also heard them mimic sounds, right up their with the best of bird mimics and I've seen them use stones and sticks to break objects and lift up pieces of wood and rock looking for insect food. Wonderful animals. I once had a pet one called Copernicus ! My life has been full and enriched with the lives of these wonderful birds ! ;-)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bright Garlick For This Post:

aranuk (13th February 2015), Grizz Griswold (13th February 2015), Jaycee (18th February 2015), william r sanford72 (13th February 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Many years ago I witnessed two crows tricking my dad's collie dog out of a juicy bone. While one crow flew in front of the dog chewing on his small meaty bone the other one circled around over his head. The crow in front walked towards the dog encouraging it to chase it. This happened about three times and the last time it flew just ahead of the dog, the dog almost biting the tail feathers and then the other one swooped down and picked up the bone. The dog was comletely out manoeuvred by the two crafty crows. The dog was a really intelligent collie. But certainly not a match for two crows. The first two attempts the dog after chasing the one in front realised his bone was vulnerable to the crow above him. But the crow on the ground flew away slower each time giving the dog the illusion that he was going to catch it.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Grizz Griswold (13th February 2015), joeecho (15th February 2015), william r sanford72 (13th February 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

Most summers we have 2 pair of nesting crows and 2 pair of squirrels on our little half acre. The neighbor sets out peanuts for the squirrels. It's a whirlwind of activity and noise in this yard. I am blessed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

Grizz Griswold (14th February 2015), Jules (14th February 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2