Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Hero's Journey, by Joseph Campbell

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

Default Re: The Hero's Journey, by Joseph Campbell

The translation as an event in my country, of two of Joseph Campbell's essential books is, without a  doubt, an extremely important event that should not be overlooked by
     those who still love stories, as I am one of them.

I have The Hero with a Thousand Faces translated into my language
    (Eroul cu o mie de fete) and The hero's journey(Calatoria eroului).

Through these books, considered by many to be fundamental to the study of 
    mythology, Campbell develops his theory that the mysterious energy of the world's
     stories is found in the souls of people, regardless of their race, their culture, their 
    social or intellectual status. People who find heroic themes resonant in their own lives,  in their goals, in their dreams, are led to one psychic essence: that the spiritual and
     creative life of the individual influences the outside world just as the myth world
     influences the individual.

Campbell does not seek the truth of the various myths, but their common sense 
    together, he gives justice to all the interpretations and uses of the mythological,
     gathering common elementary ideas of all people which is quite inspiring.
    The myths are thus somehow reintegrated into an individual self-search map.
      The hero of this journey is in all it's fullness a form of common thinking in society, especially when we say that the hero of this journey can be in any of us.

The hero leaves the known world,goes through trials and obstacles, 
    reaches revelation in death and rebirth, obtains the Elixir of Life and finally 
    returns home.
    My vocation to write has become an occupation in a process, in which I have 
    the necessary maturity and the favorable context to declare that sometimes, I have
     the compass to guide me correctly and beautifully to live my life fully, in the vision of an ocean  without shores of my own existence with all the others.

My moment of peace in which I write poems is my call to write, to which I dedicate
     body and soul, it is the passing of a threshold, in which the start has already been
     given and the journey begins.
    "The Crossing of The Return Threshold", "Master of Two Worlds", "Freedom to Live"
     are the greatest adventures for me, the metaphor of my free spirit in my journey
     of simply "being" and I wish I could give this to everyone.
    And all this to be just human.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th February 2020), DeeMetrios (21st February 2020), EFO (15th February 2020), Pam (15th February 2020), Satori (19th February 2020), shijo (15th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2