+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reverse-Engineering Roswell UFO Technology: Jack Shulman's statement

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Default Re: Reverse-Engineering Roswell UFO Technology: Jack Shulman's statement

It seems to me that this story is to discredit the idea of Roswell tech being reverse engineered. I don't know the whole story but it's possible he was being mind controlled to fabricate a bunch of things that are easily debunkable... That seems to be the predictive programming of this article...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), Bill Ryan (20th February 2015), ceetee9 (21st February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Inaiá (20th February 2015), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Default Re: Reverse-Engineering Roswell UFO Technology: Jack Shulman's statement

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    I happen to know Jack personally and have forwarded him this thread for his comment(s) should he desire to participate in any way.

Jack has been attacked previously, as have other researchers/discoverers, and one of his family members was killed.

If some seem to think this is all something to make light of, I think that is wrong and many things I would believe would need to be studied carefully to avoid being taken out of context.
    Most of the story seems to resonate/add up if you will. And I dont doubt that Bell labs, At&T , The DOD and all the other Technology Corporations had their claws in these alien technology artifacts of the crash in 1947. Thanks Bob. Awaiting a response from Jack Shulman. That could be an interesting inquiry to this thread to say the least.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), Bill Ryan (20th February 2015), Bob (20th February 2015), ceetee9 (21st February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Inaiá (20th February 2015), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), Omni (20th February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

Hello all,

it continues to completely baffle me to no end (makes me want to tear my hair out) that neither the written source nor any subsequent commentator on this website has obviously failed to source Dr. Joseph Farrell's absolutely monumental, impeccably researched "Roswell and the Reich" about the Roswell incident;

the Roswell crash simply had to have been an advanced terrestrial craft that simply crashed due to human error- and the confusing/conflicting reports about the survivors (or severe lack of them) having looked either "alien" or "oriental" is explained thoroughly in the book; read Farrell's book- it explains a lot and thoroughly douses water over the concept the Roswell craft came from "outer space," much to the dismay of many gung-ho Ufologists believing that every unexplainable advanced craft sighting in the skies comes exclusively from "Planet X" or wherever...

Larry

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Andrew (20th February 2015), Atlas (20th February 2015), Bill Ryan (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), Nasu (20th February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    Hello all,

it continues to completely baffle me to no end (makes me want to tear my hair out) that neither the written source nor any subsequent commentator on this website has obviously failed to source Dr. Joseph Farrell's absolutely monumental, impeccably researched "Roswell and the Reich" about the Roswell incident;

the Roswell crash simply had to have been an advanced terrestrial craft that simply crashed due to human error- and the confusing/conflicting reports about the survivors (or severe lack of them) having looked either "alien" or "oriental" is explained thoroughly in the book; read Farrell's book- it explains a lot and thoroughly douses water over the concept the Roswell craft came from "outer space," much to the dismay of many gung-ho Ufologists believing that every unexplainable advanced craft sighting in the skies comes exclusively from "Planet X" or wherever...

Larry
    Are you referencing these series of interviews perhaps Larry.?

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 20th February 2015 at 04:00.

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), Bill Ryan (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), JRS (20th February 2015), Nasu (20th February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

fiber optic cable , computer chips , night vision , lasers , all inventions that came from the crash of a Zeta Reticulum scout ship ... Human beings from the Zeta Reticulum system sent androids to Earth to investigate why the clouds were burning / atomic bomb testing by us ... there are rumors that the Navy shot the craft down , and sold it as a crash to the public ... I always wondered how someone could travel light years across space , arrive at Earth and have engine trouble ... Earth humans are dangerous hence ET's hide and limit their interaction with Earth people ... really the only thing to learn from Roswell is Earth is a dangerous place for visitors ... and most still wonder why they don't land openly and walk around ... would you ??? Nope ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), Bill Ryan (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), Magnus (22nd February 2015), Nasu (20th February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    fiber optic cable , computer chips , night vision , lasers
    Well, the idea of a couple of hippies sitting around in someones garage one day deciding that they were going to take sand and make glass out of it and charge it with a positive or negative signal, then arrange these bits of glass into arrays and then write a binary code translated into every letter, number and symbol, this being the generic dialectic that we were sold, always seemed like quite a stretch to me.

I must say, I would like some of what they were smoking
    Last edited by gripreaper; 20th February 2015 at 06:31.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), Bill Ryan (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), Nasu (20th February 2015), Omni (20th February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,570 times in 32,794 posts

I happen to know Jack personally and have forwarded him this thread for his comment(s) should he desire to participate in any way.

Jack has been attacked previously, as have other researchers/discoverers, and one of his family members was killed.

If some seem to think this is all something to make light of, I think that is wrong and many things I would believe would need to be studied carefully to avoid being taken out of context.
    Is it possible he was 'leaned on' to retract the story? I wonder if he might find a way to hint or confide anything to you.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aranuk (21st February 2015), araucaria (20th February 2015), Atlas (20th February 2015), Bob (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), JRS (20th February 2015), Magnus (22nd February 2015), MorningFox (20th February 2015), Nasu (20th February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

This whole topic seems to be a very grey area (sorry, pun intended) if you factor in people like Sanni Ceto and Dan Burisch. There is a whole thread on this issue, including this from the opening poster:
    Quote Posted by Alien Ramone (here)
    Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    it is said by our plejaren friends that the crew members were androids built by people from the zeta-reticulum system ... sent here for exploration of earth ...
    That reminds me that Colonel Corso had described the Roswell aliens as being small Grey cyborgs with implants such as a metal band inside each of their heads to presumably act as an interface to the craft. I think there was some mention of the black eye lenses being an add on and that those lenses were back engineered for use in night vision technology. I think he also mentioned the back engineering of fiber optics and microchips with the help of commercial companies, which weren't told where the technology came from.

Edit: Just thinking about it now, what Corso described seems to contradict both Sanni Ceto and Dan Burisch. Sanni Ceto remembers being a Grey aboard the craft in hear past life, not a small Grey cyborg, if I am interpreting what she has said correctly, and Dan Burisch said the crew members were humans, not any type of Grey.
    There is a video of Sanni Ceto on the forum somewhere, as well as plenty of discussions.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

The thing about Col Corso was his credentials and being trained
    by British intelligence and serving Italy during WW11 and had
    contacts and experiance to put him in the position to be involved
    with Roswell . You can argue whether he is putting out false info,
    but he seemed genuine to me.....

This is the brief version....There are many longer indepth interviews and
    discusions by respected researchers. Like always we never quite get the
    silver bullet. But he was definitely a respected figure. Could he have been
    duped , or is it part of a disinfo campaign to reel us in and discredit him
    and those who believe him later ? Who knows until real disclosure ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CoatYI_LDU

=============================================
    =============================================

Stanton is a skeptic and refutes Col Corso claims as he did Bob Lazaar,
    Who knows ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBdUg1h9XLU

Published on 9 Sep 2013

Stan Friedman discusses "Day After Roswell" author Lieut. Col. Philip J. Corso in
    part two of his comments on "frauds in ufology".

From the interview conducted for "Stanton T. Friedman is Real" in 2001.

==============================================

I see articles virtually everday that seem more Scy -Fy than Hi - Fy
    an old pun the youngsters won't understand . Gee I'm getting old ..LOL

As I've been pointing out on many threads and many others have as
    well Science fiction and science are linked one leading the other,as
    ideas and imagination is the fuel of creation so , when skeptics quote
    give me 'Hard Science ' I laugh as there is no such thing as the
    universe is fluid and made up from frequencies so we all have the
    power to change reality.

Two hundred years ago skeptics and scientists would not believe what was
    coming until they happened one by one , some might have predicted the
    photograph, telegraph , etc but I expect they were not taken seriously
    by the mainstream.....

Google Chairman on Obsolete Man: ‘The Internet Will Soon Be Part of You’

Friday 20th February 2015 at 08:27 By David Icke

‘While sitting on a panel at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland
    recently, Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt told everyone that the
    Internet will soon “disappear.” What he meant is not what it sounds like he
    meant, however.

During a webcast of the panel discussion, Schmidt was asked for a prediction
    about what he believes is the future of the Internet. “I will answer simply that
    the Internet will disappear,” he replied.

Via The Hollywood Reporter:

“There will be so many IP addresses… so many devices, sensors, things that
    you are wearing, things that you are interacting with that you won’t even sense it,”
    he explained. “It will be part of your presence all the time. Imagine you walk into a
    room, and the room is dynamic. And with your permission and all of that, you are
    interacting with the things going on in the room.”

The Internet will be so ubiquitous — become such a part of our everyday existence
    and even our physical being — that it will cease to exist to us as a separate entity
    and simply melt into us.’

Read more: Google Chairman on Obsolete Man: ‘The Internet Will Soon Be Part of You’

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/02/...olete-man.html
    =====================================================

From Manhattan Project to A.I.: The Coming Synthetic Rewrite of Nature

Friday 20th February 2015 at 08:24 By David Icke

‘It is not by accident or organic, “grassroots” trend that numerous films are coming focused
    on artificial intelligence and the transhumanist takeover. From H.G. Wells’ tales of genetic
    chimeras in The Island of Dr. Moreau to Sixth Day with Schwarzenegger, to coming A.I. films
    like Chappie, the predictive programming preparations are rolling out. My recent research has
    focused on the Manhattan, and like the MK ULTRA programs, Manhattan had a much wider
    application than is commonly known.

In fact, MK ULTRA and Manhattan are related through the connect of biometrics and bio-warfare.
    As MK ULTRA faded away, the program was renamed MK SEARCH and transferred to Fort Detrick,
    one of the U.S. Military’s biological weapons-focused bases. And with both MK SEARCH and
    Manhattan, we find an overarching ideology of transhumanism that has its origins much earlier
    in the alchemists of the ancient world.’

Read more: From Manhattan Project to A.I.: The Coming Synthetic Rewrite of Nature

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/02/...ming.html#more
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 20th February 2015 at 12:59.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), justntime2learn (21st February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Is it possible he was 'leaned on' to retract the story? I wonder if he might find a way to hint or confide anything to you.
    My thoughts too Bill.

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Atlas (20th February 2015), Bob (20th February 2015), eaglespirit (20th February 2015), Jean-Marie (21st February 2015), justntime2learn (21st February 2015)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

well, I'm going to continue the cross posting from the new technology... the nano coating technique thread, and cross post this:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post934857

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by rebel (here)
    I remember when Scientific American had a contest for the best use of nitinol in a new product. That was at least twenty years ago.

The electro-plating technique shows a lot of promise...It might even be possible to create a true room temperature super conductor if the properties of the material could be controlled enough.
    now you are getting warm.

Hint...no, a fully blown answer:

Viscosity in flowing systems is lower that static lattice locked ones. Besides exclusion zones being the norm within a flowing system. Thus AC carriers will be the norm in DC room temp superconductors. As they were assembled that way, in the first place.

That is the only way it will work in a stable manner.

Which is exactly how the UFO micro layered skin technology works.

Which was what was found in the sifting of the sands, in the micro analysis of the debris from the Roswell site.

So there you go, a 'move the thing ahead by a decade' card was just played.

http://www.openminds.tv/frank-kimble...-18-2014/29580

This is part of frank Kimbler's analysis of debris he found through very meticulous sifting of the sands at the Roswell crash site.

Note the micro layering of the system, which is probably part of the skin of the dimensional anti-gravity craft. It is fired up via the same method that it is manufactured.

Slight DC on a AC carrier system. this kind of information is worth upward into the trillions.

Note the 'MIT Review' thing is exactly that, or at least that -----in the preliminary stages.

The kind of data that is too big to be kept to individuals as it's sheer mass and difference will kill the carrier who tries to keep it to themselves. The differential is too great for it to be held, with regards to trying to keep it secret while still operating inside of human spheres of influence.

Note, specifically, the exact resemblance to this:

Inventor, James B. Schwartz of the Philippines, has come up with a device that allegedly puts out as much as six kilowatts of electricity, tying into the Earth's frequencies, using a solid state arrangement in a panel made from "left-handed material" -- Aluminum and Bismuth interwoven with coils.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo...rch_Foundation

(these are made with aluminum and bismuth sheets, correctly oriented then individually tuned for the given ley line or energetic locale.) (again, do not mess with these, as the energies are resonant and play well outside of the immediate idea of 'electricity for your sorry and simple ass')(disturbing the local time-space continuum, just because you are pouty and pissed off...and want to make toast without paying the power company, is a really really stupid idea)

Aluminum, which Nikolai Kozyrev stated slows aether waves or 'out of time' waves by a factor of about two.

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/b...-dr-na-kozyrev

Bismuth which is ESSENTIAL to the task of manufacturing 'the philosopher's stone.' which is superconductive and dimensional shifting and based on gold, so when consumed, it attaches to Human DNA and makes it dimensional and superconductive, ie eternal, out of time, connected to all. Not a game, do not **** with this stuff!, without years of mental and physical preparation...or you will blow yourself to pieces. Seriously. You have been warned.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...nce-reality..-

Researchers first to observe Higgs boson analogue in superconductors

So there you go...Higgs boson, or the carrier of the system, on a tabletop, in superconductors.

The discovery of the Higgs boson verified the Standard Model, which predicted that particles gain mass by passing through a field that slows down their movement through the vacuum of space. "Just as the CERN experiments revealed the existence of the Higgs boson in a high-energy accelerator environment, we have now revealed a Higgs boson analogue in superconductors," says Prof. Aviad Frydman, a member of Bar-Ilan University's Department of Physics, who directed the study together with Prof. Martin Dressel, of Stuttgart University, as part of an international collaboration that also included other research teams from Israel, India and the United States. Doctoral student Daniel Sherman, a member of Frydman's Bar-Ilan laboratory, conducted much of the investigation and is listed as the publication's first author.

Frydman explains that the new discovery brings the search for the Higgs boson back to its source. "Ironically, while the discussion about this 'missing link' in the Standard Model was inspired by superconductor theory, the Higgs mode was never actually observed in superconductors because of technical difficulties - difficulties that we've managed to overcome."

In their Nature Physics publication, Frydman and his colleagues describe a new method for conducting Higgs physics experiments. "The high energy required to excite a Higgs mode in superconductors tends to break apart the electron pairs serving as this type of material's basic charge. This causes rapid decay into particle-hole pairs, and suppresses the material's superconducting nature," Frydman says. "We solved this problem by using disordered and ultra-thin superconducting films of Niobium Nitrite (NbN) and Indium Oxide (InO) near the superconductor-insulator critical point - a state in which recent theory predicted the rapid decay of the Higgs would no longer occur. This created the conditions to excite a Higgs mode at relatively low energies."

According to Frydman, observation of the Higgs mechanism in superconductors is significant because it reveals how a single type of physical process behaves under drastically different energy conditions. "Exciting the Higgs mode in a particle accelerator requires enormous energy levels - measured in giga-electronvolts, or 109 eV," Frydman says. "The parallel phenomenon in superconductors occurs on a different energy scale entirely - just one-thousandth of a single electronvolt. What's exciting is to see how, even in these highly disparate systems, the same fundamental physics is at work."

Moreover, the robust nature of the newly-observed Higgs mode in superconductors could make it easier for scientists to study the still-controversial "God particle" - the elusive "missing link" in the Standard Theory of particle physics believed responsible for imparting mass to all the matter in the universe. Thanks to this new approach, it may soon be possible to solve long-standing mysteries of fundamental physics, through experiments conducted - not in a multi-billion dollar accelerator complex - but on a laboratory tabletop.

It has to do with molecular organization, or complex polarity agreement and coupling between electron orbitals. Addition of thermal energy separates them enough for working the material and then it is 'set' via various applications/levels of thermal addition and subtraction. (answering a question on how memory metal is made)

Similar to magnets, which can be disorganized (made to be unpolarized) by applications of heat/thermal energies. Magnetism and time/space/gravity are closely related. think iron based superconductors. In reality superconductivity is everywhere and every-when, but on the Planck length scale,and associated at the quantum to quantum level. We do it all the time, in our bodies.

If this was not true, I would not be able to see through time approximately all of my life and about +15,000 times. Among a bunch of other phenomena, which I also deal with like OBEs and astral travel and the like.... like all matter and time-space having other dimensional analogs.

Last edited by Carmody; 20th February 2015 at 16:37.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Atlas (21st February 2015), Bill Ryan (27th February 2015), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,540 times in 740 posts

Quote Hi, I'm Jack Shulman. I'm the head of the American Computer Company. American Computer Company is part of the Technology International Group and Bell North America group of companies. I'm also one of the owners of the group of companies. I've been in the computer industry for about 28 or 29 years. I've worked for IBM as a professional services management consultant. I worked on the development of the personal computer in 1978 for FIT [Fashion Institute of Technology] and Simplicity Patterns, later adopted by IBM.

I developed something called the "pattern creator". That's where we got the term "PC". Prior to that, I'd developed what you might call the first windowing operating system in 1975 for Citibank, and before that there were earlier versions I did for a company called Vydec. I'm a serious computer person - very, very serious - and also someone who's not generally inclined to leap to great predispositions about any unusual subject.
    I've done no real ressearch into Mr. Shulman or his claims, but a few things struck me as odd right off the bat from the first two paragraphs of this article.
    • If he worked in 1978 and 1975 (and earlier) doing computer-related work, why would he not know that that is 37-40 years and not 28-29? That's a pretty big mistake in my mind. I know exactly how long I've been in the computer industry. I started in Feb. 1981 (i.e., 34 years).
    • Why would the "head" of a company use that term rather than his actual title (e.g., I'm the CEO, President, Chairman of the Board)?
    • A quick Google seach revealed nothing about the "American Computer Company."
    • I have never read nor heard the acronym "PC" associated with "Pattern Creator." In the computer industry, it has always stood for "Personal Computer" (to the best of my knowledge).
    • Why would a highly educated person feel the need to tell us that "I'm a serious computer person - very, very serious?" Is he trying to convince us or himself?
    I know, some of my questions/observations might be nitpicky and perhaps I should have read further, but those few things set off red flags for me.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Atlas (21st February 2015), justntime2learn (21st February 2015), Magnus (22nd February 2015), WhiteFeather (20th February 2015)

25. Link to Post #33
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    [...] a few things struck me as odd right off the bat [...]
    The reason for that is given on this page: http://www.roswell1947.com

While indicating he probably did not believe the Consultant, ACC's CEO advocated reading the Roswell 1947 story in an exclusive interview granted one local news reporter:

"because even if it is a charade by a bold faced liar, it does give one insight into how it is that people could be fooled into believing Roswell was real, and if any of it is true, that would be an earth shaking revelation. We have no reason to question 'the Consultant's' mental capacity, he or she has a lengthy background in intelligence and research. So if he or she is stretching it a little, we are unconcerned, since the entire 'Roswell 1947 Story' publication on the Imagination Internet website is nothing more than satire and a tongue in cheek accounting of the circumstances surrounding this humorous story: the Consultant's allegations should be taken that way!

As far as I and American Computer Company are concerned, this entire affair should be taken as Living Theater and a farcical satire. While the statistical likelihood that our universe harbors more than just human life in it is very high, the difficulties associated with Space Travel over long distances disinclines me to believe in alien visitors in 1947 (even though even the Bible refers to 'Ezekial and the Wheel' which could be taken as an early Alien Visitation story) right in the middle of the rockiest part of the Cold War with the Soviets ...that space aliens in a flying sports car UFO, abruptly appeared over one of our most secret nuclear bomber wing Air Force bases in the New Mexico desert and then suddenly crashed, leaving behind a treasure trove of alien wonder technologies that Bell Labs and IBM scientists would be given to reverse engineer into the modern technological wonders we have today and see emerging every day.

That, given my knowledge of the enormous effort that went into inventing the Transistor (secretly developed by the Applied Physics Laboratory under classified veil of secrecy during World War II for use in proximity fuses for torpedoes, rockets, and antiaircraft shells and then commercially perfected by AT&T Dr. Jack Kilby as an entire new industry: Semiconductors under the auspices of Drs. Shockley, Brittain and Bardeen, came into being through patents filed by AT&T from 1948 to 1958 ), as well as the likewise invention of the "Laser" and "Fiber Optics", I'd say that 'the Consultant' is likely having a little bit of fun at his former employer's expense, however whether that is the Air Force OSI or Bell Labs remains to be seen. We will, however, continue to play along with the entire story because, for us at ACC, it is a living theatrical exploration of the marketing potential of the Internet, and, well, frankly, we're in the computer game to sell computers and make money, not to pander to anyone's particular shoulder mounted chip or grudge match."

Dr. Shulman, thinking the idea of a UFO entertainment subsite within Imagination Internet to attract traffic and drive it to American Computers PC, Laptop and Servers was 'silly', he was not entirely certain what to do about the kind of sudden windfall publicity (the internet was at the time something like opening up a billboard in the desert and then trying to get an Interstate Highway Off Ramp built to run past it...) that emerged after a Dutch UFO writer caught public attention with a short news article about the clever satire that appeared in ACC's Imagination Internet Entertainment/Educational Publications website. Unsure of what to do, ACC's CEO brought the sudden problem caused by the massive publicity and instant celebrity to his Board of Directors.

American Computer's Board of Directors decided, after talking with consultants in marketing, internet search engines and sales, such as it was in 1997, decided to say nothing to contradict the newfound publicity and go along with the millions of visitors flocking to its website, careful never to actually confirm any of "the Consultant's" story and hoping it could derive some revenue out of the costly effort of being responsive to what amounted to more visitors than IBM and DELL combined received in a month. Dr. Shulman was told to "play along" and eventually made public appearances to lecture about the foregoing, without ever seriously backing any of the humorous claims made in the Roswell 1947 story.

Being frequently misquoted on the web by magazines and news shows, and having competing interests intentionally defame them with misquotes, what happened next was Earth Shaking, Hysterical, Chaotic, and has remained so ever since. "Roswell 1947 and The Alien Transistor" was an instant Global success, with very peculiar consequences! Within no time, EVERYONE was taking the satirical, tongue in cheek story, as if it were TRUE, and were attributing it not to the Educational Publications and Entertainment Site it was found on, but was attributing its origins to the parent company, American Computer Company... and conservative computer scientist and physicist, Dr. Jack A. Shulman. Shulman and his Directors had no option but to play along, or perish! At all times, ACC attempted to deal with the rising controversy by responding honestly and referring the story back to 'the Consultant' who had related the story to ACC in the first place.

The worst part of it for those involved, was the constant attacks on American Computer by among other, the mafia in New Jersey who failed to see the humor in the story and actually reached out to harass ACC's staff (involving employees of one Anthony Rotundo, who has been portrayed on TV by HBO as "Anthony Soprano"), the Air Force, Army, FBI and OSI, who also demonstrated their own lack of enlightened behavior in not comprehending what the word SATIRE meant, and tried to continuously suggest that ACC 'really meant it' (not known for the quality of their intelligence), while at the same time, a copy cat, William Alverez, started his own computer company called "Alienware" (later bought by Dell) that tried to capitalize on fancy, alien cases and false claims of superior 'alien' technology aimed at selling gaming systems to children, copying American Computer's story motif from Imagination Internet, to capitalize on public interest in the story.

------------------------------------------------
    For more information about Jack Shulman:

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Olaf (21st February 2015), WhiteFeather (23rd February 2015)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,570 times in 32,794 posts

Bumping this very interesting thread with the same statement from Jack Shulman (in post #1) as published in Nexus Magazine, extracted from Volume 6, Number 4 (June-July 1999).

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2