+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life is Beautiful (Movie)

1. Link to Post #1
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,231 times in 2,896 posts

Default Life is Beautiful (Movie)

The TV was on kind of by accident, and The Great Dictator was on, so I let it run. Afterwards, Life is Beautiful began. I had never seen it, and I'm absolutely blown away. I wanted to jump into the TV and run amok among all those Nazis when they loaded the people onto the train. I feel so strongly I would never tolerate living with that. But the protagonist is there with his son. He can't just make that decision for himself.

And in a way, that's us. He keeps entertaining his son by making up that this is all a game that they're playing. He makes up roles for all the people involved. That's what people are doing with our roles in society. We're all our own prison guards and our own prisoners, but we make up nicer roles that we then believe in. We're in a concentration camp, on a prison planet. And we make up games to make life bearable. And the hope to win one of these thought-up games, the thrill of playing what we made ourselves believe is happening, is what keeps people from running amok, what keeps them alive and going. But still, we're prisoners. And prison guards, we're all of them.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

betoobig (25th February 2015), conk (3rd March 2015), gnostic9 (25th February 2015), gripreaper (25th February 2015), Melinda (25th February 2015), sigma6 (25th February 2015), Spirithorse (25th February 2015), T Smith (25th February 2015), WhiteFeather (25th February 2015), Wind (25th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 times in 320 posts

Default Re: Life is Beautiful (Movie)

good film. seen it years ago.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

betoobig (25th February 2015), christian (25th February 2015), Melinda (25th February 2015), WhiteFeather (25th February 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ireland Avalon Member Poly Hedra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 347 posts

Yes this film blew me away too. Fantastic. Pure love.
    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy. Desiderata - Max Ehrman

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

betoobig (25th February 2015), christian (25th February 2015), Melinda (25th February 2015), T Smith (25th February 2015), WhiteFeather (25th February 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,694 times in 5,511 posts

Yep great film Christian i saw it awhile ago. Tfs
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

betoobig (25th February 2015), christian (25th February 2015)

+ Reply to Thread