+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could this be the best type of farming???

1. Link to Post #1
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Could this be the best type of farming???

Hello everyone,
    In the past year, I have been doing quite a bit of research about permaculture and natural types of creating abundant food forests..
    I have just discovered Masanobu Fukuoka's natural farming technique and was just blown away by the absolute simplicity of it...and the playfulness of creating the famous seed clay balls which are then to be simply thrown on the land and all the rest is left to the natural inteligence of nature.... No tilling, no watering, no pesticides, etc etc... Just pure abundance.
    Personally I will try this method this comming spring summer and am super excited. Ill post my updates.
    I wanted to bring this to the attention of those who may have never heard about it....
    Have any of you tried his techniques? Or perhaps read his books or just watched the above videos....What are your thoughts?

How to make the clay seed balls

Masanobu Fukuoka's site and books
    http://www.onestrawrevolution.net/On...u_Fukuoka.html

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Seedsoflight For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th February 2015), amor (27th February 2015), Baby Steps (26th February 2015), Dawn (27th February 2015), Dennis Leahy (27th February 2015), DNA (27th February 2015), eaglespirit (26th February 2015), Heart-2-Heart (27th February 2015), Jayren (27th February 2015), JRS (26th February 2015), justntime2learn (26th February 2015), Lefty Dave (27th February 2015), Muzz (26th February 2015), Ol' Roy (26th February 2015), Pweeky (26th February 2015), regnak (26th February 2015), Richard S. (27th February 2015), Robin (27th February 2015), Rollo (26th February 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (27th February 2015), Violet (26th February 2015), Yetti (27th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Could this be the best type of farming???

he is part of the answer the soils are so bad today that it is not enough

http://www.carbon-negative.us/soil/pioneers.htm

my answer is below
    Dr. George Earp-Thomas, for trace minerals
    Julius Henzel rock earth
    Dr. Maynard Murray, sea water
    Water Wizard, Victor Schauberger he maker terra preta
    Masanobu Fukuoka's seed clay balls
    also
    Biochar is a new word to describe fine-grained, highly porous charcoal

Masanobu Fukuoka's method does work but how long to remake the soil 2000 years for the top soil to regrow to slow for me

the end result is Hunza Land The Fabulous Health and Youth Wonderland of the World were people live to 120 and the soil is completely man made people have children well into there 90's . no disease . fit healthy people . super strong . very isolated though.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hunza-Land-Th...item35e21f16c4

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

amor (27th February 2015), Dawn (27th February 2015), Dennis Leahy (27th February 2015), eaglespirit (26th February 2015), JRS (26th February 2015), Pweeky (26th February 2015), Violet (26th February 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 times in 155 posts

Here is some more. This is inspiring and amazing. It goes along with the Honey Flow concept. Both of these men are from Australia. I have a friend who is moving to Maine to start a permaculture center. I love finding 'What's Right" with our world.
    lightwalker

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Dawn (27th February 2015), Dennis Leahy (27th February 2015), Heart-2-Heart (27th February 2015), regnak (27th February 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

Thank you SeedsofFlight. I was not aware of the clay ball idea and it sounds great. I have an extremely small piece of land on which I use the chop and drop method combined with some biodynamic methods, and worm and black soldier fly farms. Because my garden is so very small I have not been able to grow trees here... and I know they are very important. Still.... my garden is over-the-top productive. I have my permaculture certificate from Jef Lawton's school, however I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like to. Currently looking for some acreage to spread out a bit more.

One video that makes me cry with joy every time I watch it is Lessons of the Loess Plateau. This documentary follows the poverty stricken residents living in hand dug dirt holes on a barren landscape through a 10 year restoration project of their eco system. In the end there are lush forests, fertile valleys and the residents are no longer poverty stricken. If this is not a story of hope for humans then I don't know what is! Everyone I've recommended this film to has come back to me with gratitude. If you haven't seen it yet, you are in for a big treat:

Last edited by Dawn; 27th February 2015 at 03:42.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th February 2015), Dennis Leahy (27th February 2015), Heart-2-Heart (27th February 2015), LoneWolf76 (27th February 2015), regnak (27th February 2015), StandingWave (27th February 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Alekahn2's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Perhaps there is no single "best type of farming". This earth, in its current state of ecological degradation, could benefit from any and all techniques humans can muster. Organics, Biodynamics, Permaculture, seed balls...

That vid on the Loess Plateau above is truly inspiring. As is the passionate work of New Zealander, Peter Proctor. I can't find the full video for free, but here is part 1 of "One Man, One Cow, One planet". A heroic figure working in India, applying biodynamic techniques, pioneered by Rudolf Steiner in the early 20th century.

~ "...burn for no reason, like a lamp in the daylight" ~

+ Reply to Thread