+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing and Intention: Is Connection Related to Healing?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,305 times in 18,139 posts

Default Healing and Intention: Is Connection Related to Healing?

It's my experience that even when things are at there worst...a 100% sudden transformation is 100% possible.

Thanks to EagleSpirit and another who is most comfortable with anonymity.

Quick links and paraphrases are added for those with limited time.

Summary: The imaging technique has as an image that it’s already done. Yes, there’s intention, but you do not seem to will the process. You clearly intend to get to the end where the mice are cured but you don’t seem to volitionally (power of using one's will) dictate the process from which you get from point A to point B. So the question is, “Can we capture it? Can we reverse engineer?” Can we cure and not a just remission? Turn this into a conventional therapy or bottle it and give it away for free? @ 41:33.

Can non-healers be trained is no longer a question. Is there a relationship between healing and a connection that needs to be conscious? Subjective experience to the healing is optional @ 40:36.

Is connection related to healing? @ 25:28.

Healing and intention @ 27:56.

Is healing a response to need, but isn’t a response to what I am imposing on nature? @ 30:24.

What happens if you’ve treat the cell medium like in a petri dish/bottle and dump cancer in it? How does the cancer respond? vs. put the medium+cancer into a mouse @ 30:50.

The brain turns on as an autonomic response. It makes no difference to the healing efficiency with ‘natural healers’ and ‘non-believers’. Healing happens. @ 36:12.

Dr. Bill Bengston Energy Healing

Published on Nov 4, 2014

The Leadership Energy Summit Asia 2014 - a conference with a difference...

Unlike the typical leadership seminars and conferences that sell competency based skills building and best practice formulas, this conference will focus exclusively on the personal sources of energy and staying power that leaders tap into at will. For the first time ever, leadership will be analysed and explored using a mix of Neuroscience, Quantum Physics, Management Psychology and Spiritual Philosophy.

“In both my professional and personal lives, I have witnessed what Dr. William Bengston shares about energy medicine, and so I can accept and believe what he presents in The Energy Cure. Human beings have enormous healing potential built into them, and they, like all forms of life, can survive a great variety of illnesses—without traditional medical intervention.”
    —Bernie Siegel, MD, author of Faith, Hope, and Healing and Help Me to Heal

“Great advances in science and medicine often occur at the edge of knowledge where things don’t fit in. Often the misfits are dismissed by conventional thinkers without a hearing. Where Dr. William Bengston’s work is concerned, this would be a profound mistake, because many precise scientific studies now confirm that healers and healing are real. Somewhere along the line, physicians forgot how to heal, and ‘healing’ became an embarrassment. Bengston is a harbinger of a marvelous trend: the return of healing to medicine.”
    —Larry Dossey, MD, author of Healing Words

Reviews and comments @ Amazon.com
    • Bengston learned his technique from Ben Mayrick, a spontaneous healer. Basically what you do is distract yourself and let the healing energy flow from one hand through the patient and back through your other hand. The way Ben had developed for the distraction was to have a list of twenty things he wanted and flip through images of them at a very fast rate. He called it cycling. Bengston gives instructions for doing this in the book.

Bengston is a meticulous scientist who has a major talent for energy healing. And he can somehow pass that talent on to those who study with him. He encourages us all to develop our own talent. He is rigorous about having no rituals associated with his energy cures.

• Dr. Bengston approaches the subject in a more clinical way than most new age authors. He details his many years of observation and study into the various types of energy healing methods and their efficiency. So many healers keep somewhat of a "veil of secrecy" around their methods and techniques in order to make them seem magical and mysterious. Dr. Bengston does a very good job of showing the reader what is behind the curtain so that we may judge for ourselves whether it is magical or simply a natural aspect of our humanity.

I appreciated the "step-by-step" approach Dr. Bengston includes based on his own healing style. He seems to have incorporated techniques from a variety of methods into a technique that is very easy to follow on your own.

• Mr. Bengston's includes in his book instructions on his hands-on healing technique, which is not based on faith or religion. In fact, I was surprised to read that the healer must practice a certain amount of detachment while applying the technique. Because an individual does not need to have a belief or faith system, his technique can be learned by anybody who would like to be a hands-on healer. For his research, he even taught it to a few skeptics and turned them into cancer healers. "The Energy Cure" is an interesting book.

Even if some readers may not be entirely convinced of its author's claims, one may only hope that they may at least walk away with their minds open to the new frontiers that alternative and complementary medicine invite us to explore.

RunningDeer <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th February 2015 at 23:02.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Aspen (21st March 2015), Bingo (28th February 2015), Bob (13th March 2015), Constance (16th June 2016), Delight (28th February 2015), eaglespirit (1st March 2015), Fairy Friend (28th February 2015), Heartsong (1st March 2015), Jean-Marie (28th February 2015), Joe Sustaire (28th February 2015), Limor Wolf (1st March 2015), lisalu (1st March 2015), Matt P (1st March 2015), Michael Moewes (28th February 2015), poetbil (28th February 2015), sandy (1st March 2015), Snoweagle (28th February 2015), Snowflower (1st March 2015), suwesi (12th December 2016), Ulyse30 (28th February 2015), Wind (28th February 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

Default Re: Healing and Intention: Is Connection Related to Healing?

Thanks for starting a separate thread on this Paula and for digging a little deeper. I have ordered the his book The Energy Cure and his cd set Hands On Healing from amazon, definitely looks to be worth investigating!

And looking forward to hearing others info and experiences.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

eaglespirit (1st March 2015), Fairy Friend (28th February 2015), Jean-Marie (28th February 2015), RunningDeer (28th February 2015), sandy (1st March 2015), Ulyse30 (28th February 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Joe Sustaire (here)
    Thanks for starting a separate thread on this Paula and for digging a little deeper. I have ordered the his book The Energy Cure and his cd set Hands On Healing from amazon, definitely looks to be worth investigating!

And looking forward to hearing others info and experiences.
    Hi Joe,

I caught your post @ Caring for relatives with Alzheimer's : the modern curse of the elderly. I purchased the ‘The Energy Cure’ eBook earlier today. Time to hav-a-look.

<3

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

eaglespirit (1st March 2015), Fairy Friend (28th February 2015), Jean-Marie (28th February 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th March 2015), sandy (1st March 2015), Snoweagle (1st March 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

I'm doing healing Qi Gong for over thirty years and it works as well over long distances. Wich I actually disovered very recently by talking to my wife over Skype with 2500 km between us. She was in pain and after my session with her she was painfree. I can't say if this was because we've been together for 10 years and we have a very strong relationship. I haven't tried yet to help some stranger over a distance, might be worth a try. If they are close it works always.
    Live Healthy

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

Aspen (21st March 2015), eaglespirit (1st March 2015), Jean-Marie (28th February 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th March 2015), Limor Wolf (1st March 2015), Matt P (1st March 2015), Pam (1st March 2015), RunningDeer (28th February 2015), sandy (1st March 2015), Snoweagle (1st March 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Wonderful post RunningDeer and I absolutely believe in "connection related healing". There is so much I would like to add though the transformation of beliefs within the medical community as depicted by Dr Bill Bengston is a glorious tranformation in itself.

Ironically, he descibes how through direct intent cancers would implode and full healing would ensue. And by his presentation to this learned medical condference he himself presnts the catalyst for the implosion of their own inherent belief system. So the intent of the OP therefore affords us mere mortals an insight to a medical tranformation no less than cures they currently practice.

And in keeping with my distracting threads unintentionally, I have several months (October) before my healing is complete post stroke and I am imbued with the belief of intent and the transfer of healing resonance from one "healer" unto another to promote the healing process. And I am able to explain it, non medically of course.

Dr Bill Benston is not unique in this paradigm shift change in the belief system of the medical profession though his presentation of his change is most rewarding. Thanks.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Jean-Marie (1st March 2015), Joe Sustaire (8th March 2015), Limor Wolf (1st March 2015), RunningDeer (1st March 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

Well I just finished reading "The Energy Cure" by Bill Bengston and it is fascinating!

Does anyone have any "hands on" knowledge of his method, or similar healing techniques? And how does one go about finding a healer? Particularly if you live in a rural area of a rather backwards state.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

RunningDeer (8th March 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Joe Sustaire (here)
    Well I just finished reading "The Energy Cure" by Bill Bengston and it is fascinating!

Does anyone have any "hands on" knowledge of his method, or similar healing techniques? And how does one go about finding a healer? Particularly if you live in a rural area of a rather backwards state.
    Hi Joe,

I can’t help you with finding a healer. Word of mouth is what I usually pass along to others.

I can speak a bit to your question of anyone have knowledge of his method. I listened to several videos, audios, read about half the book and took notes from the relevant chapters of "The Energy Cure”. I used the personal ‘List of 20’ and practiced it over the course of several days, including going off to sleep and waking up. I still use the list when it pops into my head.

In the end, what I came away with is a simple, distilled version. Put focus on the heart. Pay attention to any sensations that stream. Visualize and feel them in, around and through the body. In the case of healing session, I’d do the same with another.

The sections from "The Energy Cure” where detachment from the results were a good reminders. Here’s a couple of bits:

“The healer should attempt to step outside the process to objectively self-observe. Self-consciousness gets in the way. So does wondering if you’re as good as someone else, or having too much ego invested in the result.”

“While novices find it reassuring to experience big effects, I don’t consider their presence an indicator of success. In fact, I have recently found that I sometimes feel nothing during a treatment in which a patient reports an unusually powerful healing. I compare this to the operation of a dimmer switch: when you dim the lights, you’re not using less power. Instead, less energy is going into producing light, with the excess wasted as heat around the switch. Take a 100watt bulb, then dim it to 20 watts, and you’re converting 80 watts of the potential light into heat. Perhaps when I’m feeling nothing, it’s because energy is being converted more efficiently into healing power. While I also find it more satisfying to experience sensations and to receive feedback from a patient, that’s about me and not about healing.

RunningDeer <3

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Aspen (21st March 2015), Jean-Marie (21st March 2015), Joe Sustaire (9th March 2015), suwesi (12th December 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

I bought the CDs and the book, finally finished listening to the six sessions, with a great deal of HARD to do practice, and am now enjoying the book.

Joe, what you could do is find a partner - someone with interest but no previous healing experience. The two of you practice the imaging exercises, and practice healing on each other. I asked my daughter for permission to heal and she asked that I wait a few weeks - for good, but private reasons. So, here I am with this marvelous new skill and no one to practice on. So, I started on myself. My knee seems a little better tonight. I'm encouraged. Every time I sit down to practice, I go through each image slowly, then start going faster, then switch into buzz speed. Then double it. The feeling I get is a kind of joyous excitement. When I first started to feel it, I got so rattled that I broke it. Now I'm able to hold the buzz and the feeling.

This has to be the most powerful form of positive affirmations I've ever seen - and that's not even including the ability to heal!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Aspen (21st March 2015), Jean-Marie (21st March 2015), Joe Sustaire (21st March 2015), RunningDeer (21st March 2015), suwesi (12th December 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi RunningDeer,

I just participated to Bengston's seminar in Germany, I would appreciate to have your feedback and experience on the method. I'm still practicing my cycling, and always wonder if I practice right!
    Also have you got any healing experience since?

Thank you,
    Adrien

+ Reply to Thread