+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: A 2009 Open Letter to President Obama: "YOU SCARE ME"

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member bodhii71's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 times in 230 posts

Default Re: A 2009 Open Letter to President Obama: "YOU SCARE ME"

Perhaps if Lou Pritchett's letter had been scribed with broader pen strokes to cover the entire system of corporate and government control mechanisms the division bell might not sound so loudly. They have always scared me... I have often marveled, even as a young child, how this system could ever manifest, let alone continue as it has for so long. Then again, I see everyone too invested in them selves to ever risk what needs to be done...it can seem scary too.

This forum works as a venting system, no different then any other form of mass distraction (no fault intended). There is no ground crew, there is no one willing to hang on a cross for their convictions, so here we are.

And for those who actually do muster the resolve to walk the narrow way, for those who speak clearly or actually dig up incriminating evidence find themselves severely punished or worse. They make for great propaganda, an example.

And if that person meets an untimely end, they will surely be debated well into page 22, despite the fact that most of these criminals against human decency have names, addresses, bank accounts, family even. Nothing is done. So keep splitting hairs as the cell door slides shut and clinks into place. And we will herd on.
    Last edited by bodhii71; 7th March 2015 at 04:13.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bodhii71 For This Post:

ceetee9 (6th March 2015), Mike (6th March 2015), NancyV (6th March 2015), Nat_Lee (7th March 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

This is indeed a very interesting epistle. That said, Lou Pritchett fails to recognize that the United States has been, is and will likely continue to be self serving, inward looking and undeservedly domineering over the rest of the world. This country self promotes as "Number One", "The Best" and to quote Mr. Pritchett,
    Quote You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of ​living in the world.
    . The American capitalist goose has destroyed the very fabric of this nation and others. It is an abomination that seeks nothing other than to gorge itself upon the entrails of every sentient being on this earth, including Mother Gaia. Most in other nations recognize this uncontrolled greed, and thankfully, due to social media and the web, most thinking Americans now understand this reality.

The fact that Mr. Pritchett falsely believes that we Americans have "the highest standard of living in the world" also shows his misinformed point of view. This country underperforms most Western nations on a plethora of metrics, including but not limited to education, health, mortality, social justice, etc. etc. What Mr. Pritchett should have said is " the highest standard of living for a small minority", because due to our false economy and unsustainable appetite, the once strong American middle class is decimated.

I don't see anything prophetic about this man's polarized point of view. What I do see is his admission that corporate greed and false ethics have warped our nation's interpretation of success.

Disclaimer: Born and bred in the good ole USA. I have a right to criticize it.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

awakeningmom (7th March 2015), East Sun (6th March 2015), ginnyk (7th March 2015), Hawkwind (6th March 2015), lastlegs (6th March 2015), Mark (6th March 2015), Mike (6th March 2015), Nat_Lee (7th March 2015), Ol' Roy (6th March 2015), seko (7th March 2015), swoods_blue (10th March 2015), TargeT (6th March 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

I must say I'm amazed at the number of Avalonians who are still firmly entrenched in the Liberal/Democrat versus Conservative/Republican, divide and conquer, good cop/bad cop, you're either with us or against us, keep 'em dumbed-down and distracted game. Apparently, there are still several who really haven't learned much of anything about how we're manipulated and controlled by the true controllers fronted by both of their "only two" political party puppets of any consequence. If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

3(C)+me (7th March 2015), alh02 (7th March 2015), AriG (6th March 2015), avid (8th March 2015), JRS (6th March 2015), lastlegs (6th March 2015), mountain_jim (8th March 2015), raregem (6th March 2015), seko (7th March 2015), TargeT (6th March 2015), ZooLife (8th March 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by bodhii71 (here)
    This forum works as a venting system, no different then any other form of mass distraction (no fault intended). There is no ground crew, there is no one willing to hang on a cross for their convictions, so here you are.
    "Venting" or "pressure release" is done for a very specific reason: it is an outlet of excess 'pressure' to allow the system to continue functioning even though it is exceeding it's bounds (else the need to vent would not exist).

This can be a bad thing, especially when we NEED motivation, we NEED the pressure.

But we desire these releases, the need to vent is a very real thing... we should still be aware of what is being done, that it has the potential to be a trap.

Quote Posted by bodhii71 (here)
    And for those who actually do muster the resolve to walk the narrow way, for those who speak clearly or actually dig up incriminating evidence find themselves severely delt with or worse. They make for great propaganda, an example.

And if that person meets an untimely end, they will surely be debated well into page 22, despite the fact that most of these criminals against human decency have names, addresses, bank accounts, family even. Nothing is done. So keep splitting hairs as the cell door slides shut and clinks into place. And we will herd on.

Big evil is made up of small evils (I'm using "evil" as an easily recognizable term, it's not the most accurate here).

Yes it's important to consider the greater scheme, the big scale, the "child trafficking"; but what about the "small evils" the easy stuff, picking up trash, opening doors for people or helping someone move a heavy item? helping someone change a tire on the side of the road?

Yes the big stuff can be disheartening; but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it's supposed to do. It keeps you in active and passive due to how "big" it all is.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE!

it's easier than you'd think... I'm doing it right now.

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
    Some of those social patterns are decades long... I don't blame anyone for having difficulty when attempting to break out of the indoctrination mold we have all spent so long in.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

alh02 (7th March 2015), AriG (6th March 2015), ceetee9 (6th March 2015), Hawkwind (6th March 2015), Heart-2-Heart (7th March 2015), Mike (6th March 2015), NancyV (6th March 2015), Nat_Lee (7th March 2015), Neal (6th March 2015), Ol' Roy (6th March 2015), Oouthere (6th March 2015), seko (7th March 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Edit to add:

Although, this would make a fantastic separate thread "Be the Hero of your own movie". Good stuff.
    Last edited by AriG; 6th March 2015 at 16:33.

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
    Some of those social patterns are decades long... I don't blame anyone for having difficulty when attempting to break out of the indoctrination mold we have all spent so long in.
    I don't mean to blame anyone but it does seem to me, regardless of how many decades of indoctrination a person has had, that if they can truly begin to see the absurdity of their indoctrination that they would not wish to continue to support it--even if it does take them a long time to extricate themselves from it.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

TargeT (6th March 2015)

12. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

Everyone seems to have unending comments but avoid answering any questions. I'll have to assume (yeah, I know what they say) that they don't know or never thought about it.
    My question? Did Barry Sotoero(sp) change his name officially? If so, why?

(I noticed that the last two posts I made yesterday said I had 666 posts and it did not change. I wonder what this post number will be?)
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Looking back....You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

What is the direction here lately that has taken precedence which has not seen the light of day for how long?

Last edited by Shadowself; 6th March 2015 at 18:33.

14. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Obama is their icing on the cake. Final proof positive that TPTB can shove anything they wish down the throats of Americans and they will do absolutely nothing about it.

In total control of that which we focus on they govern from behind smoke screen and mirrors..

With this President of the United states of America, they completely threw our Constitution out of the window, for he is an "Illeagal" President.

All major countries of the world carry a "specific" definition, which was included in our own constition.

"In order to be classed as a "Natural Born" citizen, both "Parents" of the child "MUST" be citizens of the country in question."

At no time in his life, was Barry Soetoros Father... a citizen of The United States of America.

Doesn't matter what Barrys' name is now or what his beliefs are... AT NO TIME IN HIS LIFE HAS HE "EVER"... BEEN A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

And I realy do believe that Gramma got it right... he was born in Kenya.

The WHOLE birth thing was A SMOKE SCREEN. He is,,, "NOT NATURAL BORN!"

And here ya all are... dancin behind the smoke screen of a Big Business icon.

This to me is so absolutely obvious. Why do you think THEY allowed this to continue? Because THEY... gave him the letter to publish! Stop and think for just a sec... here is a highly respected and influential member of BIG BUSINESS... and yet "Two" letters to this subject raised NO red flags to his business peers, or world leaders. Everything just continued as planned without so much as skipping a beat. hmm. sumpthin fishy. cc.

If ya don't know how the game is played...

Ya ain't gonna win... chuckle chuckle.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Andrew (6th March 2015), East Sun (9th March 2015), RUSirius (7th March 2015)

16. Link to Post #30
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,361 times in 762 posts

Dear Bill,

Why do you think this is relevant?

Michel

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

alh02 (7th March 2015), AriG (6th March 2015), lastlegs (6th March 2015), Mark (6th March 2015), mountain_jim (8th March 2015), Octavusprime (7th March 2015), swoods_blue (10th March 2015), Tesseract (6th March 2015)

18. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have to say that this thread is absolutely the last thing I would expect to see on Avalon:

1. Bill - Your initial post on your thread seems to validate Lou Pritchet's pov - if that is the case, then I am completely surprised that a truth seeker and documentarian for the truth, from the United Kingdom, living in Ecuador, seems even remotely attuned to polarized American politics., let alone impressed with the corporate credentials of the author of the letter. I would rather trust the opinion of a beggar on the street than to suggest that because some mouthpiece for ultra right conservative politics is "respected". By whom, I ask? Certainly not me or anyone with whom I would associate.

2. Everyone else - This subject so completely flies in the face of the collective wisdom on this site. We (mostly) acknowledge that all "selected" leaders are just that. True sock puppets of the elite who neither represent our values or present any tangible hope for the future. They are irrelevant. To lend credence to their importance suggests that we are continuing to align ourselves with the obsolete matrix. Who cares if Obama is American or even Vulcan for that matter? It has no bearing on his relevance as a chosen figurehead for the corporate US. And to suggest that the origin of the sperm that created him confirms his legitimacy, suggests that we truly do not understand what this vortex is. We live on a sphere people. An orb. Borders are nonsensical.

I am truly dismayed by this subject matter. It is of no more importance than the proverbial price of tea in China. Its an illusion. Borders do not matter, nor do selected leaders. This isn't what the game is about. Not even close.
    Last edited by AriG; 6th March 2015 at 21:49.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

alh02 (7th March 2015), Hawkwind (7th March 2015), lastlegs (6th March 2015), Mark (6th March 2015), Michel Leclerc (8th March 2015), mountain_jim (8th March 2015), Nat_Lee (7th March 2015), Octavusprime (7th March 2015), swoods_blue (10th March 2015), Tesseract (6th March 2015), ZooLife (8th March 2015)

20. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"chosen figurehead for the corporate US......"

Who chose him?

Certainly not the people, and certainly not the majority of the citizens, any more than Bush was chosen, twice. It's a sham, again. When will we learn....?
    Last edited by East Sun; 6th March 2015 at 22:57.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

21. Link to Post #33
    Netherlands Avalon Member Observer1964's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 times in 457 posts

Examine all things and retain the good.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Observer1964 For This Post:

Atlas (7th March 2015)

23. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Epitome of Soteoro(sp) the Dictator:

Outright arrogance, the mark of a psychopath.

Contempt for the people, another trait.

Don't bother adding on to this. This is all you need.

But do reply with suggestions as to how to deal with

such persons when you encounter them.

24. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    "chosen figurehead for the corporate US......"

Who chose him?

Certainly not the people, and certainly not the majority of the citizens, any more than Bush was chosen, twice. It's a sham, again. When will we learn....?

That would be George Soros

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AriG For This Post:

East Sun (9th March 2015)

26. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

He was put in our faces so we could be called racist if we objected, that would be politically incorrect. Oh, lord forbid.....Wake up!!!!

And if you object to Clinton, same thing.....Wake up!!!

27. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,542 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    Dear Bill,

Why do you think this is relevant?

Michel
    I don't think it is!

But did I find it interesting.

Maybe others here could craft their own versions of "You scare me, because..." and tell us who your open letter would be addressed to.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (7th March 2015), Benimal (14th March 2015), Nat_Lee (7th March 2015), RUSirius (7th March 2015), seko (7th March 2015)

29. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Maybe others here could craft their own versions of "You scare me, because..." and tell us who your open letter would be addressed to.
    But isn't the whole idea to stop running scared? We cannot always control physical fear, but ultimately no one is really scary because they can actually do us no harm; we should be laughing at them - written with all due respect to those who are experiencing otherwise.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Atlas (7th March 2015), greybeard (7th March 2015), Hawkwind (7th March 2015), Kate (9th March 2015), NancyV (7th March 2015)

31. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,542 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    But isn't the whole idea to stop running scared? We cannot always control physical fear, but ultimately no one is really scary because they can actually do us no harm; we should be laughing at them - written with all due respect to those who are experiencing otherwise.
    * laughing at araucaria *

Okay, I like that! How about "You don't scare me, even though...." ?

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

araucaria (7th March 2015), Atlas (7th March 2015), greybeard (7th March 2015), Kate (9th March 2015), Magnus (7th March 2015), NancyV (7th March 2015), Nat_Lee (7th March 2015)

33. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

Obama is strange, he came out of nowhere, no one seemed to know his history, and yet he had all of this cache - he alerted my instincts because he seemed too neat, to fit into an idea of an egalitarian American president -like a latter day fulfillment of Abraham Lincoln's vision. Obama is very much a 'front man' he is window dressing on some shady group's machinations, and he quite literally scares the bejesus out of me - we can only sit tight and see what ensues.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

avid (8th March 2015), Krist (9th March 2015), NancyV (7th March 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (8th March 2015), ZooLife (8th March 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast