Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Juicing Diet

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Default Juicing Diet

Have you tried a juicing diet?

How did you feel on it and how did it improve your health?

2. Link to Post #2
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: Juicing Diet

I did one for 30 days and it felt awesome. It's great for a cleanse, your skin, sharpens senses, and a great healing practice (all the extra energy your body has, from not having to digest food, goes to replenishing damaged cells etc.), amongst other things.

You're already vegan, yeah? I've been a vegetarian for a while now and it's so good, my body feels so much lighter and healthier. A juice fast or diet is like that but supercharged.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Baby Steps (13th March 2015), Mike (15th March 2015), Natalia (13th March 2015), Pam (14th March 2015), vmk22 (14th March 2015), Wind (13th March 2015)

4. Link to Post #3
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well it certainly sounds worth it! Especially so if one has an illness and their body really needs healing.

I'm vegan, yes.

I feel like I need to do this, I love fresh juices anyway, but am not making them that often.

I was thinking of perhaps having a smoothie for breakfast (so that I can put stuff like flax seeds and chia seeds in, for the omega fatty acids) and then juicing for the rest of the day (2 juices for lunch and dinner, plus water in between).

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member kaon's Avatar
    Thanks

The Mrs and I have been juicing for several months. I don't know if I would call it a diet in my case, but perhaps more of a supplement. While i do eat slightly less, the most noticeable benefit that I get is that I am not so tired in the late afternoon. I have been drinking about 4 to 6 ounces when I start to get hungry about noon time. Then I drink the other half with my lunch.

I do believe that I could easily cut out a meal per day with a little extra, say an additional 6 ounces of juice. I guess I am not ready to take it that far.
    Ask not what Avalon can do for you, but what you can do for Avalon.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaon For This Post:

Natalia (13th March 2015), Pam (14th March 2015), vmk22 (14th March 2015)

7. Link to Post #5
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Juicing works for me although At first I find its better to eat some of the pulp until my tummy shrink to be able to hold the juice in for a better absorption. As I eat less and less air in the stomach is a problem. The Tibet 5 exercise works wonder in ridding the stomach of air thus digestion works even better. For the benefit of those who are new to health revolution: Regaining health is a combination of processes which by itself becomes a process. The important aspects are positive outlook in life, exercise, sun, consume just enough at first I also need a lot of water but now it becomes less and less. As I go along to regain health I found out that I seem to outgrow other processes. Also what works for others may not work for you so its your sole responsibility to find out what works. Then of course the ever important "balance". there should be balance in everything

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Natalia (14th March 2015), Pam (14th March 2015), selinam (15th March 2015), vmk22 (14th March 2015)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Thanks, Natalia. I’m half way through the “The Joy of Juicing” where Dr. Gary Null explains phytochemicals.

Additional resources:

Green Smoothie Habit & GreenSmoothieHabit.com

A bit off topic here’s a link for great, easy ideas from FullyRawKristina.

And while I’m here, I’ll add a link to your blog, “Natalie Sophia's Vegan Food and Nutrition Blog”.

<3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th April 2015 at 22:36.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eva2 (15th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (14th March 2015), Natalia (14th March 2015), Pam (14th March 2015), Violet (16th March 2015), vmk22 (14th March 2015)

11. Link to Post #7
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

awwww, thanks RunningDeer, I'll check out those links <3

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

I have really experienced huge mental and physical changes in terms of just feeling more alive. I have not had the discipline to do it for 30 days. What type of juicers do you guys use? After reading some info on the Mercola sight I became convinced that the highest standard of juicing is using the slow churn method as it does minimal loss of nutrients. When I use this method I will make enough for 2 days as it is rather labor intensive. I tend to use the juice extractor method because it is so easy, although I have read that the rapid spinning motion of the blade causes extensive oxidation so some of the nutritive value is lost, however, the pulp is in the drink and I personally like that.

Natalia, I wanted to thank you for some of your vegan recipes!!! I never realized how you could blend raw cashews as a base for delicious sauces. My sister made a vegan cheese sauce using using cashews to create the creamy base. It was served on a noodle dish with roasted veggies and even the meat eaters couldn't get enough of it.
    Last edited by Pam; 14th March 2015 at 13:16.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Natalia (14th March 2015), RunningDeer (14th March 2015), vmk22 (14th March 2015)

14. Link to Post #9
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    I have really experienced huge mental and physical changes in terms of just feeling more alive. I have not had the discipline to do it for 30 days. What type of juicers do you guys use? After reading some info on the Mercola sight I became convinced that the highest standard of juicing is using the slow churn method as it does minimal loss of nutrients. When I use this method I will make enough for 2 days as it is rather labor intensive. I tend to use the juice extractor method because it is so easy, although I have read that the rapid spinning motion of the blade causes extensive oxidation so some of the nutritive value is lost, however, the pulp is in the drink and I personally like that.What type of juicers do you guys use? After reading some info on the Mercola sight I became convinced that the highest standard of juicing is using the slow churn method as it does minimal loss of nutrients.
    I use the Princess slow juicer (recommend by an ex member here - ed-ed) and yes it does take more time and more energy than some other juicers...so with this type I would also find it easier to make it for the whole day (or 2) and store it in glass bottles in the fridge, rather than make it 2 or 3 times a day...

In the video above (the joy of juicing), it's said that adding some powdered vitamin C to the juices help to preserve it.

15. Link to Post #10
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Thanks, Natalia. I’m half way through the “The Joy of Juicing” where Dr. Gary Null explains phytochemicals.

Additional resources:

Green Smoothie Habit & GreenSmoothieHabit.com

A bit off topic here’s a link for great, easy ideas from FullyRawKristina.

And while I’m here, I’ll add a link to your blog, “Natalie Sophia's Vegan Food and Nutrition Blog”.

<3
    Are you still going from back when we started at the same time?! I only ended up doing 20 days that time (went for longer but cheated after 20 days), going to do a shorter water fast next. I don't know how long, I liked your idea of going by how your body feels.

Edit: Oh sorry, just realised I read your post wrong. You were talking about the book. :/
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 14th March 2015 at 13:58.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Natalia (14th March 2015), RunningDeer (14th March 2015)

17. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have really experienced huge mental and physical changes in terms of just feeling more alive. I have not had the discipline to do it for 30 days. What type of juicers do you guys use? After reading some info on the Mercola sight I became convinced that the highest standard of juicing is using the slow churn method as it does minimal loss of nutrients. When I use this method I will make enough for 2 days as it is rather labor intensive. I tend to use the juice extractor method because it is so easy, although I have read that the rapid spinning motion of the blade causes extensive oxidation so some of the nutritive value is lost, however, the pulp is in the drink and I personally like that.

Natalia, I wanted to thank you for some of your vegan recipes!!! I never realized how you could blend raw cashews as a base for delicious sauces. My sister made a vegan cheese sauce using using cashews to create the creamy base. It was served on a noodle dish with roasted veggies and even the meat eaters couldn't get enough of it.
    Hi peterpam, I have two types of juicers:

The ‘Vitamix Creation II’, which I use two to three times a day. It’s a versatile machine and easy to clean. I make green smoothies, hot soups, fruits smoothies/ice cream, coconut and almond milk.

‘Hurom’ juicer - My go to drink with this machine is “carrots, green apple and ginger root”. I understand there are others out there that are cheaper than this model. I don’t have the link but I saved this from my research:

“…a masticating juicer will keep all the vitamins and minerals in the juice. Lab reports have found that the Hurom Juicer produces healthy juice with 40% more vitamin C and 60% more Vitamin A then the other less expensive centrifugal brands. Also, you will save money in the long term using the Hurom Juicer because you will use 1/3 less vegetables to make the same amount of juice. All the extra vitamins and minerals in the juice will detoxify your body of harmful chemicals, radiation and allow you to look healthier and younger. And yes, many people use the Hurom Slow Juicer for the Gerson Diet , health challenges and for juice fasting.”

<3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th April 2015 at 22:38.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Natalia (14th March 2015), Pam (15th March 2015)

19. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Are you still going from back when we started at the same time?! I only ended up doing 20 days that time (went for longer but cheated after 20 days), going to do a shorter water fast next. I don't know how long, I liked your idea of going by how your body feels.

Edit: Oh sorry, just realised I read your post wrong. You were talking about the book. :/
    Hi Innocent Warrior. I went three weeks, but often cheated with “Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain” toast and coconut oil. I continue to drink filtered water with organic lemons and Willard Water® (see below).

For people that hadn’t seen the exchanges, 

I did the TheMasterCleanse.org, or sometimes known as the “Master Cleanse, salt water flush”. This was the follow up post to Violet on the lemon juice portion. See link above for the salt water flush part:

Here’s the update on the 'lemon juice method'. I use a masticating juicer and use the whole lemon.

Split lemon juice and syrup into two small mason jars. When you fill it to the top it’s 32 oz. When ready to drink ADD water, cayenne pepper and Willard Water. I tie up the second jar with a dish towel to keep the light out. See information below on enzymes and Willard Water.

The concentrate:

* 4 lemons
    * 1/2 cup of grade B maple syrup

Add when ready to drink:

* 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
    * 1 tsp of Willard Water
    * fill to brim with filtered water

The Lemonade Diet Concentrate – the most common mistake @ TheMasterCleanse.org.

Previously mentioned on this website was my preference to drink Pre-mix Lemonade. I now understand a critical flaw to this plan. The longer your Lemonade sits, the more enzymes die. If you need to Pre-mix your Lemonade, then you should only mix a concentrate of just 2 ingredients :

The Fresh Lemon Juice
    And the Rich Maple Syrup.

The maple syrup acts as a preservative. This Lemonade Diet Concentrate will keep the enzymes alive long enough to be consumed during the day. Store The Lemonade Diet Concentrate in a cool, dark, glass container. Do not add the cayenne or water to the concentrate! The cayenne will “Steep” like tea, and make the concentrate very hot. The water will dilute the maple syrup and the enzymes in the Fresh Lemon Juice will die. Add the water each time you make a fresh glass of lemonade.

Willard Water®

I like to give credit to Paul for introducing me to Willard Water. I've purchased several bottle of the clear mixture. Next time I'll go with the darker one.

"Willard Water® has a very high alkaline pH value of 12.3 and when diluted as directed permanently increases water pH by up to two points which helps restore a healthy pH balance in the body.”

“One of the immediate benefits of drinking Dr. Willard’s Water® is improved nutrient assimilation. Because the Water has been made more active by the addition of our patented micelle catalyst, digestion becomes more complete allowing more of the nutrients in our food to be absorbed by our digestive systems. 

Dr. Willard’s Water® is not a nutrient, but a vehicle by which nutrients are carried throughout the body’s cells, and by which waste is carried away from the cells with water as a means of transportation.

Dr. Willard’s Water® seems to break down food particles better than ordinary water, therefore greater amounts of vitamins, minerals and nutrients become available to our systems.  Studies have found evidence that Dr. Willard’s Water® aids in the digestion of crude proteins by breaking them down into their component amino acids and that carbohydrates and fats are also more efficiently digested when using Dr. Willard’s Water®.

Another benefit of drinking Dr. Willard’s Water® is its detoxifying effect on our bodies.  In the same way that the Water helps the body deliver more nutrients to the cells, it also more efficiently removes toxins from the body which in turn allows more room for vitamins and other nutrients.

Finally, drinking Dr. Willard’s Water® has shown in studies to serve as a free radical scavenger.  Many scientists believe that free radicals, highly reactive toxic compounds, are responsible for most of the degenerative disease associated with old age and stressful lifestyles.  By reducing these free radicals, Dr. Willard’s Water® clearly would have a positive effect on one’s overall health.”

<3

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (14th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (14th March 2015), Natalia (14th March 2015), Pam (15th March 2015), vmk22 (14th March 2015)

21. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

Yes, love me a juice fast or feast (a fast to me is one where just green juices are consumed). We juice daily in our house, I drink from 32 to 64 ounces a day in juice, mostly green juice.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Natalia (14th March 2015), Pam (15th March 2015), RunningDeer (14th March 2015)

23. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,120 times in 744 posts

Doesnt a juicer that contains metal (such as the mesh which the fruit/veg is pushed into so the juice flows through but the pulp is ejected) cause the juice to oxidise removing the nutrients from the liquid unless you drink it immediately?

Then i wondered - does drinking it immediately even help as it would still be doing that until your stomach processes it...

Did anyone have any juice recipe's to share? I'm kinda contained to a beetroot/orange/ginger. I'll try expanding on this once i get a bar fridge and have room to store more produce. Currently my flatmates take up 90% of the fridge

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Noir (8th April 2015), Pam (15th March 2015)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Runningdeer, thanks for the info on Willards water. I have been using it for years. I wonder if that's one of the reasons you look so healthy and vibrant? I also use it in water for my house plants and it really helps them become stronger and less prone to succumb to pests. I have gotten a little lax on my Willards water use and will have to resume. I also find it amazing to use if I have a burn, soaking the burn in the WW diluted in h2o will greatly reduce damage and minimize pain.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

RunningDeer (15th March 2015)

27. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Runningdeer, thanks for the info on Willards water. I have been using it for years. I wonder if that's one of the reasons you look so healthy and vibrant? I also use it in water for my house plants and it really helps them become stronger and less prone to succumb to pests. I have gotten a little lax on my Willards water use and will have to resume. I also find it amazing to use if I have a burn, soaking the burn in the WW diluted in h2o will greatly reduce damage and minimize pain.
    Cool, peterpam! New ways to use Willards Water. It’s a relatively new addition to what I do.

And thanks for the ‘healthy and vibrant’ compliment. I’d say the primary factors are: nix unhealthy stressors, don’t take myself seriously, laugh, love, forgive self and others, willingness to do new things, change what needs changing tout de suite, surround self with supportive people, expand mind, breathe slow and low i.e., stomach region rather than upper chest.

Secondary factors are: healthy foods and drink, exercise, and moisturize.

Most importantly, to listen/feel when to walk and when to rest within the unknown. Each uncovers intelligence and discovery of purer frequency.

<3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 15th March 2015 at 18:01.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Mike (15th March 2015), Pam (15th March 2015)

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Runningdeer, you are truly a wise woman and have your priorities in the right order, you are a role model for me. I appreciate all of your contributions to the forum.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

RunningDeer (15th March 2015)

31. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Runningdeer, you are truly a wise woman and have your priorities in the right order, you are a role model for me. I appreciate all of your contributions to the forum.
    Thank you, peterpam.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Pam (16th March 2015)

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

it may shock a few people that are familiar with my stance on meat vs veggie etc...but im considering giving veganism another shot..

*considering*

in the abstract, i love the idea of a juice diet, complimented with some veggies n grains here n there. but i just get so damn weak without meat. not trying to turn this wonderful thread into a debate...just thinking out loud...

i use both a juicer and a 'nutriblast' machine. the juicer is wonderful for solid fruits and veggies, and the nutriblast is great for leafy veggies, like kale and spinach etc. so normally i'll juice the solid stuff, then put it in the nutriblast to blend in the greens. works great!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Natalia (16th March 2015), Pam (16th March 2015), RunningDeer (15th March 2015), selinam (15th March 2015)

35. Link to Post #20
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    it may shock a few people that are familiar with my stance on meat vs veggie etc...but im considering giving veganism another shot..

*considering*

in the abstract, i love the idea of a juice diet, complimented with some veggies n grains here n there. but i just get so damn weak without meat. not trying to turn this wonderful thread into a debate...just thinking out loud...

i use both a juicer and a 'nutriblast' machine. the juicer is wonderful for solid fruits and veggies, and the nutriblast is great for leafy veggies, like kale and spinach etc. so normally i'll juice the solid stuff, then put it in the nutriblast to blend in the greens. works great!
    That nutriblast thing for leafy veg sounds good, I tried juicing kale a few weeks ago and it took more energy and was all squeaky! I'm going to try your method of mixing juiced hard veges and fruit with blasted leaves (might get the nutribullet for that). Thanks!
    Last edited by Natalia; 16th March 2015 at 05:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast