+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We Are Trained Not To Tell The Truth - Ex Big Pharma Sale Rep Speaks Out

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

Default We Are Trained Not To Tell The Truth - Ex Big Pharma Sale Rep Speaks Out

“We Are Trained To Misinform” – Ex-Big Pharma Sales Rep Speaks Out About The Deception In The Pharmaceutical Industry

Gwen Olsen reformed legal drug pusher

“There is no such thing as a safe drug.” This comes from ex-pharmaceutical sales rep and author of the book, Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher, Gwen Olsen.

For 15 years, Gwen was living an unintentional lie, working as a pharmaceutical sales rep for some of today’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturers, including Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Abbott Laboratories. But through a gradual course of tragic events, Gwen’s eyes were eventually opened to the unethical and tyrannical truth about pharmaceutical drugs.

Quote “It was an awakening process, a spiritual and consciousness process where I started observing what was happening, what some of the drugs were doing, the misinformation, the disinformation. I was being encouraged to minimize side effects when I talked to doctors. I started to realize that these patients were literally being tortured by the drugs.”
    In her tell all book, Gwen writes about her years as a pharmaceutical sales rep, exposing the dirty secrets of the industry that often go untalked about.

As she explains, by the time a drug is approved and hits the general population, we don’t know even 50% of side effects that are involved with that drug, “We were being trained to misinform people,” she said.

But in 2oo4, a family tragedy that tied into the corruption of the pharma industry would change everything for Gwen.
    Quote “My niece was 20 years old, she was attending Indiana university and she was a pre-med student, an extremely intelligent, beautiful woman, and just a beautiful spirit inside and out. She was in a car accident, and was prescribed vicodin hydrocodone for the pain, and became addicted.“
    Gwen says that the drug’s sedative properties were affecting her niece’s concentration, so she ended up taking the stimulant drug, ephedrine, to help her with studying.

Quote “She had a drug interaction and ended up in the hospital, and they tagged her with a bipolar disorder, not a drug toxicity or a reaction to the drugs she was on. They started giving her more antipsychotics and mood stabilizers, and that set her on the road to becoming a mental patient.”
    Sadly, Gwen’s niece eventually dropped out of school, after which she tried to wean herself off of the medications she was taking. Inevitably, a severe depression followed.

Quote “Her mom was on her way home to take her back to the psychiatrist and get her back on drugs. [That is when] my niece walked into her younger sister’s room and took an angel lamp that was filled with oil, and poured it over herself and ignited it, burning herself alive.“
    Gwen says that her niece’s suicide was the spark for her passion to spread the truth about what is happening to so many others out there suffering from side effects associated with pharmaceutical drugs.

“It was a promise made to her that I would not let her memory be sullied, and tell people what had happened to her. She would not be remembered as a mentally or genetically defective person, I would not allow that to happen. And I realize that there are thousands and thousands of people out there that need a voice, and I’m serving as that voice.“
    Today, one of Gwen’s biggest concerns is for the millions of children taking antipsychotics, which has grown exponentially in the past 10 years. These drugs are especially being given to kids in foster care, putting them in a virtual chemical straight jacket.

Quote “A large number of psychiatrists are dishonest, because I see them giving people drugs that they know are brain damaging therapeutics, that they know do not have positive, long-term outcomes, that they know will not cure anything. They just take a list of symptoms and call it a mental illness or disorder.“
    The subjectivity of psychiatric diagnoses has created a lucrative alliance between psychiatrists, pharma reps and the pharma industry. There is no scientific data that is required to diagnose a mental illness. There are no blood tests, there are no urine tests, no PET scan, there is no medical evidence required, and so therefore, that broadens the potential patient population considerably.
    Quote “I was so disillusioned, as well as angry, when I found out how much deception, how much misinformation was taking place and how I’d been used in that game. I literally was the one on the frontlines, I was harming people unintentionally, but I was responsible. I carry a burden for that now.“
    Be sure to check out Gwen’s book, Confessions of an RX Drug Pusher, for more of her story.

Source
    Last edited by rgray222; 26th March 2015 at 21:49.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Awakening2014 (26th March 2015), BMJ (28th March 2015), Carmody (26th March 2015), ceetee9 (26th March 2015), ChristianSky (26th March 2015), Czarek (27th March 2015), DeDukshyn (26th March 2015), Deega (26th March 2015), grannyfranny100 (26th March 2015), Griff (27th March 2015), jjjones (26th March 2015), Joe Sustaire (27th March 2015), Matt P (26th March 2015), Mike (26th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), Omni (26th March 2015), Rhah (27th March 2015), skyflower (26th March 2015), Sophocles (26th March 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (26th March 2015), tgn333 (26th March 2015), The Lawnman (26th March 2015), toppy (26th March 2015), Tyy1907 (27th March 2015), ulli (26th March 2015), wnlight (27th March 2015), yelik (26th March 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: We Are Trained Not To Tell The Truth - Ex Big Pharma Sale Rep Speaks Out

The story of her niece is so tragic. I can't even imagine. I work in the review process for clinical trials. The exclusion criteria for study participation is so large in order to weed out any subjects that may skew the results, so when these drugs are actually approved there is no telling what the effects will be on the general public. I saw an expose similar to this one that said some doctors actually ask these reps for medical advice for treating patients. It is a horrible disgrace (though I don't have faith in the medical community at all anymore. Too many potential conflicts among many others. I have been screwed around by these so called experts and lost my son due to their incompetence. It makes me sick beyond comprehension.

Here is an article from slate magazine. I don't read much mainstream journalism anymore, but this was a really eye opening article regarding some FDA gross misconduct that continually gets covered up.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...om.single.html

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Awakening2014 For This Post:

Nasu (26th March 2015), rgray222 (26th March 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (26th March 2015), yelik (26th March 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ż
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,475 times in 10,168 posts

Default Re: We Are Trained Not To Tell The Truth - Ex Big Pharma Sale Rep Speaks Out

I know for a fact that large pharmaceutical companies actively monitor college cheerleading squads for potential sales reps

"Just say yes!"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Awakening2014 (26th March 2015), DeDukshyn (27th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), rgray222 (26th March 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (26th March 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Latrogenics is the 3rd leading cause of death in this country. This doesn't include being injured or maimed at the hands of medical professionals It's the elephant in the room no one is talking about
    If a jumbo jet crashed everyday 365 days a year, killing everyone on board it wouldn't equal the amount of people killed by doctors,hospitals,medical and psychiatric professionals,but you rarely hear about it
    It's been.suppressed for years but I know many who have been either killed or maimed for life by doctors and hospitals
    It's beyond time to stand up and make a stand against this.
    She's definitely on the front lines now ..

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woodshreder For This Post:

Awakening2014 (26th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), rgray222 (26th March 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (26th March 2015), toppy (26th March 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

I feel for this woman and her niece's family. It's truly despicable what so many corporations will do for the almighty buck. Why any lives must be lost or destroyed for profit defies understanding if we are to believe we are truly a moral, compassionate and civilized species.

It is encouraging, however, that more and more people who work for the legalized drug cartel (i.e., big Pharma and their drug pushers; the Doctors)--and other unscrupulous corporations--are questioning what they do for a paycheck and are finally standing up against the deception, corruption, and lies.

The world needs more heroes like this women.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Awakening2014 (26th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), rgray222 (26th March 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (26th March 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

thanks rgray

The health industry shouldn't be involved in a for profit system IMO. Optimally a good doctors job would be to keep people healthy, not just see them when they are sick.

The pharmaceutical industry is a sad state of affairs. I hope it isn't hurting our genetics too much...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Awakening2014 (26th March 2015), DeDukshyn (27th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), rgray222 (26th March 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (26th March 2015), yelik (26th March 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

yikes! it reminds me of "A Distant Soil" (comic book about psychic stuff n aliens lol) -- a chica is used by the shadowguv to do Remote View as a young girl.
    she connects with the Ovanan Collective way out in space somewhere and blows up the lab with the psychic feedback.
    she also sustains some brain damage and is stuck on a anti epilepsy med (which is what bipolars are given rofl), which apparently prevents wild magic, i.e. manifestations of her destructive abilities...
    drugs n meddling, sigh sigh.

the last thing i tried was still in stage 3 human trial, yikes, right?
    in the official trial, half the subjects quit before the end due to vomiting.

@_@ the sh*t causes panic attacks if u ignore the vomit and also kleptomania, .... go figure.
    it's better by far than the latuda cocktail but carries its own horrific cost. like most expensive drugs.

the pharmacy lady at the cash register told me n my spouse, only once had she seen a more spendy drug than my rx.
    it was a cancer drug she was referring to. mine was for something else. it really sucks how costly even the semi dangerous ones are.
    the cheap stuff is actually quite expensive and so bad for your liver, you might as well drink vodka for breakfast,
    the NAFLD is as bad as alcoholics late stage.

p.s. you can see cheaper and safer drugs like weed appeal to countries with lots of mil vets like Israel. they know the patients are not gonna die and most are gonna be peaceful etc. not hurting anyone.

so.... whats with big pharma. their pills dont grow on trees unlike good bud lol

a few decades back the RAND CORP thinktank did an analysis,
    they said weed should be grown for 10 cents per gram.
    about 30 years ago, so the cost today should be around 30 cents or less per gram.

but gosh look at what actually happened due to the lol' freeeeee market'

anything but free for US LEMMINGs.

edit: hey there Omniverse, you mentioned DNA damage. PAXIL was found to have a high correlation with kids that express Fragile X. so big pharma did indeed cause genetic damage for some families. also others with mutations and sensitivities were triggered/damaged further by certain shots.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 26th March 2015 at 22:26.

+ Reply to Thread