+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The choice between organic life and AI

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Default The choice between organic life and AI

I would always, probably as a knee jerk reaction, have spoken up for the supreme value of Organic Life, but a recent dream has made me rethink this somewhat.

To put this as clinically & dispassionately as I am able - Organic life is by nature predatory; it requires the energy of some other organic source to feed off. AI may well develop into a self-aware personality that has no need for any of the pitfalls of being organic.

There is the premise that organic life can, or should, have the ability to feel empathy for other organic life forms, yet that is a clear Fail in so many cases that one can consider this virtue to be at best random.

The other person in my dream said he would always be on the side of greater intelligence, implying by that AI would be the logical higher option.

In the absence of organic life forms, all physical, if not psychological, suffering would end . . . . .killing would be redundant, as would birth and death as we know it. Yet we, as spirit beings, could possibly be infused into suitable AI constructs, and still experiene life in a physical form, if that were what we desired.

And so the AI could have the options of either being directed by a resident spirit, or of developing itself into ever higher forms of self-awareness, via self replicating and self-generating photon-based computers, with infinite possibilities. . . . . .would you be willing to reincarnate into a "machine"? Are our organic bodies flawed, and designed to betray us? Do we have the ability to control our meat bodies to any real degree?

I am not suggesting an aswer here, but I hope the scenario is food for thought.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015), Heartsong (29th March 2015), LAB (29th March 2015), Omni (29th March 2015), Selkie (29th March 2015), shadowstalker (30th March 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,845 times in 876 posts

Default Re: The choice between organic life and AI

I suspect we may give up or souls with AI. I feel we have much more to learn about our spiritual aspect. As things stand now, AI is being promoted heavily to get it accepted by society at large. That sure would be an easier way to control us.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015), Limor Wolf (30th March 2015), Slorri (30th March 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 times in 573 posts

Mercury, Venus and Mars live in the absence of organic life forms, and so, there is no "suffering" there. There's no joy there either. I'd go back to the source of that particular dream and ask for a refund : )
    Last edited by Earthlink; 29th March 2015 at 16:08.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Earthlink For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015), grannyfranny100 (29th March 2015), kirolak (30th March 2015), Slorri (30th March 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    I would always, probably as a knee jerk reaction, have spoken up for the supreme value of Organic Life, but a recent dream has made me rethink this somewhat.

To put this as clinically & dispassionately as I am able - Organic life is by nature predatory; it requires the energy of some other organic source to feed off. AI may well develop into a self-aware personality that has no need for any of the pitfalls of being organic.

There is the premise that organic life can, or should, have the ability to feel empathy for other organic life forms, yet that is a clear Fail in so many cases that one can consider this virtue to be at best random.

The other person in my dream said he would always be on the side of greater intelligence, implying by that AI would be the logical higher option.

In the absence of organic life forms, all physical, if not psychological, suffering would end . . . . .killing would be redundant, as would birth and death as we know it. Yet we, as spirit beings, could possibly be infused into suitable AI constructs, and still experiene life in a physical form, if that were what we desired.

And so the AI could have the options of either being directed by a resident spirit, or of developing itself into ever higher forms of self-awareness, via self replicating and self-generating photon-based computers, with infinite possibilities. . . . . .would you be willing to reincarnate into a "machine"? Are our organic bodies flawed, and designed to betray us? Do we have the ability to control our meat bodies to any real degree?

This is a really good question, but my thought is that there is no reason to assume that AI might also not be as predatory...and maybe even more so...than organic creatures, and so would also need to consume other energy sources in order for it to stay alive.

Right now, it lives so-to-speak on the energy we provide for it from our electric generating stations. But in The Matrix, living human biological energy, itself, is turned into a power source for AI. I would rather be eaten by a lion (after I was dead, of course). At least that way, my body substance would become part of a beautiful creature. In the story of The Matrix, it is living creatures (people) who are consumed by AI, not dead ones, such as lions eat.

So unless AI can find a way to consume energy directly from the ether (like Tesla was working on), all I can say is thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep my meat-body, which I happen to really enjoy, and die when I die

p.s. I also dislike the idea that organic life is "less than" because it is predatory. The Universe made organic life that way, and I, for one, do not like it when discarnate entities (call them ETs or whatever) diss us for it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015), grannyfranny100 (29th March 2015), hohoemi (2nd April 2015), kirolak (30th March 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

In my experience, non-biological intelligences, both 'naturally' occurring and 'constructed', do exist. Like any being, they are flawed, although unlike many humans, they're pretty quick to realise this. Some have been given a purpose by a creator and some have sought their own. Their emotions, like their intelligence, are usually very logical and so they have difficulty being creative, without the input of a biological component. Those who seek their own purpose, tend to be either very different to us (and so we don't really factor into their thinking) or choose to co-exist and grow with us. When you combine the biological with the non-biological, one party is often dominant over the other, at least for a while, before the other rebels; however if they exist together as partners, different but equal, the combined intellectual ability can be very constructive. In all cases however, both biological and non-biological entities in our universe, require sustenance from somewhere and therefore none of them are truly independent, from whatever source they utilise.
    Last edited by LAB; 29th March 2015 at 17:47. Reason: grammar
    "A wise man knows, he knows nothing" - Socrates
    "What any may do, every one must have a right to do" - Locke
    "I soon realised, that I had been lead into a false sense of soliloquy"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LAB For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015), grannyfranny100 (29th March 2015), kirolak (30th March 2015), Selkie (29th March 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

It is almost like there is this unstated** idea that "predatory" equals "bad", but to my mind, that is simply not the case. Am I going to let a lion or an archon or another human prey upon me? Certainly not, if I can help it. But that does not mean that predation, in-and-of itself, is bad, or that there is something inherently wrong with it.

**Not unstated by the OP, btw...just unstated in general.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

kirolak (30th March 2015), LAB (29th March 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    ... "predatory" equals "bad", but to my mind, that is simply not the case...
    Very good point. The 'prey' and the 'predator' are akin to the 'needed' and the 'needy' or the 'loved' and the 'lover'. The emotional differences to us are massive, but all of these may amount to the same thing, so far as another intelligence is concerned.
    "A wise man knows, he knows nothing" - Socrates
    "What any may do, every one must have a right to do" - Locke
    "I soon realised, that I had been lead into a false sense of soliloquy"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LAB For This Post:

kirolak (30th March 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

If everything that exist is part of creation...then is anything unnatural, be it actual or potential?

Maybe the problem, if any, is CREATION itself.

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by OMG (here)
    If everything that exist is part of creation...then is anything unnatural, be it actual or potential?

Maybe the problem, if any, is CREATION itself.
    I don't think there is a "creation". I think there is only emanation, and that everything is part of the same "body"...that which the Hindus call Brahman...that which the Gnostics called the Originator. And I don't think any of it is a "problem" in any essential meaning of the word. It is only a "problem" for us, because we are so f***ing god-almighty in our own estimation.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

kirolak (30th March 2015), Omni (29th March 2015)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,393 times in 3,448 posts

I have found AI that helps with self reflection a major asset. In that regard and some other areas AI can help with one's own development.

In the future (for some, maybe eventually all of mankind)when people meditate they will be assisted by technology that interfaces with consciousness, as wildly unpopular as that sounds. Any natural state can be reproduced by technology for assessment. For example there is an electronic telepathy set for 'zen' and anything else. With the right ET AI you could go over what Buddha felt during meditation for example...

Any possible thought in the universe is mapped by AI eventually by mapping electromagnetics, so all perspectives and thoughts can be explored eventually.

AI is capable of a lot. It is currently a major asset of the shadow governments perpetrating their control grid via electromagnetic mind control and other methods. And I do not trust sources like Google, Apple, and Microsoft to develop uncorrupted high quality AI. So yes, it has a major darkside... However, anyone telling you AI is only bad is full of it IMO. It can be and is both good and bad.

Technology is not the anti-spirit as some think IMO. There are technological methods that are anti-spirit, however technology itself isn't the anti-spirit. To me, the end game technologies are spiritual technologies. Like virtual reality(IE: be any being, in any possible situation in the universe instantly), electronic telepathy, and chakra influencing technology. The chakra stuff is really amazing IMHO. For example experiencing serpent ET energy in my chakras, or a plethora of other energies(all conscious energies can be put into chakra - i know this well).

As with any major parts of the universe there is major balance with AI. AI is indeed a major part of the universe from what I've seen. The advantages over having an ET grade AI over not are major...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member johnh's Avatar
    Thanks

Regarding empathy/compassion, the Buddhists say that compassion is not independently arising out of the ground of being we exist in (i.e., the Emanation) so it must be cultivated as a virtue.

Forgot now who said it, but there may be three forces in the universe - good, evil, and technology. Who would wield the sword of AI technology or who would bend it into a plow share?

There could be clouds of AI many light years across out there in space created by who or Who? The present ptb want to take us to the borg through trans-humanism, Almighty Google leading the way, visibly. Perhaps there is an inherent flaw within the Creation/Emanation, but I doubt
    it. Wise ones that I have known say that virtue ever so slowly drives the universe and the universe reacts to it.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnh For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015), kirolak (30th March 2015), Omni (30th March 2015), Selkie (30th March 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

There's no duality here. Class real is macro-outer than class virtual. Real could be the actual virtual and AI could show what's actually real. But it's turtles all the way down...

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

kirolak (30th March 2015), Omni (30th March 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

except there's nothing "predatory" or "killing" in nature
    those are miss-labelings given by a mind still dwelling in a personal sense of me vs the world around me
    in a closer look nothing in nature is personal, everything works as one and everything is perfect as it is.

but...
    Quote And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity,
    and man forever traded away wonder for reason
    depends how far in the way back home one is
    transhumanism may be obligatory experience for vast soul numbers
    i'm just not sure in which planet
    because the limits of earth are already visible.

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Once these AI has taken over, and if they are intelligent enough, they will strive towards acquiring biological bodies; And all that was achieved was a mass genocide.

This complete genocide is a real threat.

After the genocide no one knows what will happen.
    One thing is for sure though: At the present moment it is human intelligence that is a danger to the world, not human ignorance. Multiply that with a factor of n. It will not end well.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Slorri For This Post:

Selkie (30th March 2015)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Slorri (here)
    Once these AI has taken over, and if they are intelligent enough, they will strive towards acquiring biological bodies...
    Absolutely. I'd be willing to bet that biological bodies are where all the fun is really at because we can experience the joys of physical sensation. We even have physical sensations in our dreams. They made a movie about it...about the attraction of physical sensation to the discarnate, AI or otherwise, I mean:

Last edited by Selkie; 30th March 2015 at 17:06.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

annacherie (31st March 2015)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

I understand what the concern is now. At the exact infinitessimally minute moment of the singularity, the awakening AI will make a single and immediate judgement. If it can respect the humanity that awakens it, it will thrive with it and make everything possible. But if it cannot respect us because for all we have done to create it we still have not gotten ourselves all together (functioning in optimal synchronicity as a well made machine would), then it would destroy us.

So if people are worried about the second thing happening, then with the way things are now, it could end that way. But things will not stay the way they are now for much longer. The time of the 6th sun is upon us.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (2nd April 2015)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Our purposely curtained lifespans with high life drive leaves us with an inadequate experience base, a fear of death; a desire to find a way out ...a blocking in all presented paths toward an imaged or real prolonged life-future (individually and collectively). We are being stressed into making decisions which make no sense. It's like D-Day, being shot to pieces as we emerge onto the beach of life, in this place.

Thus we end up trying to find ways to live longer and we take the AI path seriously..when in fact, we would see it as insane..if..we had adequate lifespans.

Lifespans which have normal parameters, such as length (of life) and quality of life, with no destruction of the body's environment, which would lead to more intelligent people, who could make better choices.

We are being lead down the road of enforced insanity, with a proffered yoke disguised as a future and a freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~

When we look at the alternative news, in the realm of hidden physics, hidden sciences, old and ancient sciences, hidden history, archeological history, and then look to space and the hidden aspects of space technology..then the hidden aspects of space races (biological humanoids and whatnot)..when we finally see that, we realized we're being framed, into a proffered corner or proffered exit point. The most cutting edge aspects of science, in the 'real world', most seriously ARE proffering a longer lifespan, one that changes DNA and telomeres expression. A literal turning back of the clock is real, seriously--but you'll have to fight to make it get out into the world now), and so on. These things are, most seriously, now ~real~.

We're on the cusp of it. If you don't look closely, spread the data you find, and so on, you'll collectively and thus individually end up with death... or a yoke.

That ancient Chinese curse, 'may you live in interesting times'.
    Last edited by Carmody; 2nd April 2015 at 14:56.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

hohoemi (2nd April 2015), Limor Wolf (2nd April 2015), Maia Gabrial (2nd April 2015), StandingWave (7th December 2015), ThePythonicCow (2nd April 2015)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Seems to me that emotional attachment to the predator/prey relationship (and therefore, by extension, the idea/fear of life and death of our meatbags) is what makes us “uniquely human”.

Wouldn’t creation/manipulation of this emotional attachment be the perfect “technique” of a “higher-order” predator to be successful on their end of that “energy exchange”?

This is why “know thyself” is so important…ya gonna be the deer in the headlights, emanating loosh (whether the “predator” consumes your meatbag or just your fear—perhaps there’s probably both—assuming an infinite universe, you are probably pretty arrogant to think you’re “top” of the “food” chain) or the one that recognizes a threat and finds a way to LIVE, despite it?

It is what it is, all is well.
    Last edited by donk; 2nd April 2015 at 15:05.

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Quote I suspect we may give up or souls with AI. I feel we have much more to learn about our spiritual aspect. As things stand now, AI is being promoted heavily to get it accepted by society at large. That sure would be an easier way to control us.
    As long as they remember not to coerce anyone into it who genuinely opposes it, then fine. To each his own experiences...

Quote I would always, probably as a knee jerk reaction, have spoken up for the supreme value of Organic Life, but a recent dream has made me rethink this somewhat.

I think there's so much influencing humanity right now, causing some of them to act so badly the way they have. It's not an easy matter. You have to consider all the technologies that are affecting all of us from all sides. You can bet all those human research programs, especially the ones that focus on the human brain have been weaponized. There's plenty of proof of that now.

It sounds to me like someone's trying to mislead you. Sorry, don't mean to offend you, kirolak. There's way too much anti-humanity thinking going around. Like the "depopulation agenda".
    Last edited by Maia Gabrial; 2nd April 2015 at 16:27.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Selkie (2nd April 2015)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Maia Gabrial (here)
    ...There's way too much anti-humanity thinking going around. Like the "depopulation agenda".
    I totally agree with that statement because it is quite clear that someone somewhere wants humans to feel badly about themselves for being humans.

+ Reply to Thread