+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exploding Head Syndrome: The Weird Sleep Phenomenon That’s Way More Common Than You Thought

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Default Exploding Head Syndrome: The Weird Sleep Phenomenon That’s Way More Common Than You Thought

Exploding Head Syndrome: The Weird Sleep Phenomenon That’s Way More Common Than You Thought FULL STORY

If you’ve ever heard a loud “boom” in the night, don’t worry, you’re not going crazy — it’s just a sign of this strange sleep condition. (Photo: Getty Images)

Ever hear an “explosion” in the night that didn’t seem to exist? One that you never told anyone about, for fear they’d think you were going insane? According to Washington State University researchers, roughly one in five people experience the psychological phenomenon known as “exploding head syndrome,” which involves being awakened by an inexplicable loud – yet nonexistent – noise.

Exploding head syndrome generally happens when a person is falling asleep, and scientists believe it’s the result of a kink in the brain’s mechanisms as it’s turning off. You can think of the brain shutting down like a computer would: Motor, auditory, and visual neurons begin to flick off in stages.

However, the “exploding head” phenomenon occurs when, instead of shutting down gradually and slowly, the auditory neurons crash all at once — and with a bang. “That’s why you get these crazy-loud noises that you can’t explain, and they’re not actual noises in your environment,” says researcher Brian Sharpless, an assistant professor at Washington State University and the director of the university’s psychology clinic.

I am not inclined to believe this myslef
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Agape (30th March 2015), betoobig (31st March 2015), Ecnal61 (31st March 2015), heretogrow (30th March 2015), Lancelot (30th March 2015), meeradas (30th March 2015), Nasu (30th March 2015), Rich (30th March 2015), Selkie (30th March 2015), Snoweagle (30th March 2015), william r sanford72 (4th April 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Exploding Head Syndrome: The Weird Sleep Phenomenon That’s Way More Common Than You Thought

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    If you’ve ever heard a loud “boom” in the night, don’t worry, you’re not going crazy — it’s just a sign of this strange sleep condition. (Photo: Getty Images)

Ever hear an “explosion” in the night that didn’t seem to exist? One that you never told anyone about, for fear they’d think you were going insane? According to Washington State University researchers, roughly one in five people experience the psychological phenomenon known as “exploding head syndrome,” which involves being awakened by an inexplicable loud – yet nonexistent – noise.

Exploding head syndrome generally happens when a person is falling asleep, and scientists believe it’s the result of a kink in the brain’s mechanisms as it’s turning off. You can think of the brain shutting down like a computer would: Motor, auditory, and visual neurons begin to flick off in stages.

However, the “exploding head” phenomenon occurs when, instead of shutting down gradually and slowly, the auditory neurons crash all at once — and with a bang. “That’s why you get these crazy-loud noises that you can’t explain, and they’re not actual noises in your environment,” says researcher Brian Sharpless, an assistant professor at Washington State University and the director of the university’s psychology clinic.

I don't blame you. Although only the parts marked in red are deliberately placed subjective terms, which can't be scientifically quantified. The best lies are the ones which contain the truth, unfortunately for some, we're becoming pretty good at spotting them.
    "A wise man knows, he knows nothing" - Socrates
    "What any may do, every one must have a right to do" - Locke
    "I soon realised, that I had been lead into a false sense of soliloquy"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LAB For This Post:

heretogrow (30th March 2015), huyi82 (1st April 2015), Lancelot (30th March 2015), Snoweagle (30th March 2015), william r sanford72 (4th April 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Default Re: Exploding Head Syndrome: The Weird Sleep Phenomenon That’s Way More Common Than You Thought

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    Exploding Head Syndrome: The Weird Sleep Phenomenon That’s Way More Common Than You Thought FULL STORY

I have experienced this myself. I don't know what the cause is, but I don't buy the "explanation" given by the "experts". They should just say they don't know what causes it, and let it go at that. At any rate, the phenomenon does not seem to be harmful.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Agape (30th March 2015), heretogrow (30th March 2015), Jean-Marie (30th March 2015), Lancelot (30th March 2015), Snoweagle (30th March 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Each of us that suffer this, live in an electromagntic cloud - wifi, cell towers, radio, etc. It is directly related to Tinnitus as well. However, the bang or pop is loud and is currently a transient process, in my case I "see" it coming and allow it to pass.

I have also noticed the frequency of the experience itself is dependant on my diet. If my diet proportions of "corporate" packaged foods increase the likelihood of this experience also increases. When I focus on a natural diet the occurence is much less if at all.

Either way, the relationship of this phenomenon is directly related to the increase in electromagnetism in our environments.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

heretogrow (30th March 2015), Jean-Marie (30th March 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

I call it "the whip".
    Known it for many years.
    Whatever it is - always liked it.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Agape (30th March 2015), heretogrow (30th March 2015), Jean-Marie (30th March 2015), Lancelot (30th March 2015), Natalia (31st March 2015), Selkie (30th March 2015), william r sanford72 (4th April 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Isn't this the Pineal gland firing into action?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lancelot For This Post:

Selkie (30th March 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by Lancelot (here)
    !I bet it is! Same with those flashes of white light that some people get, perhaps.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Jean-Marie (30th March 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Truglivartna's Avatar
    Thanks

I seem to recall Robert Monroe's comment in one of his several books that often times when he was returning to his body after being out-of-body, there was often a loud popping sound as his astral or soul body re-entered the physical body.
    There's a thin line between a hero and a fool; but no line at all between a fool and a wise man.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Truglivartna For This Post:

william r sanford72 (4th April 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

This happened to me once in my life, at the time there seemed to be a lot of ET presence around me. At one point a had a piece of moldavite and was laying down with it on my third eye, I fell asleep and went to a very strange world, and when I woke up a few minutes later the rock had vanished. Sometime in the same month as this I had to awake earlier than I normally do and was waiting in the car for my friend to do something and I slightly dozed off, but was immediatley awoken by a very loud bang, that was a mix of an explosion type aound with some sort of electronic element.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

kanishk (8th June 2015), william r sanford72 (4th April 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 times in 241 posts

Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    Quote Posted by Lancelot (here)
    !I bet it is! Same with those flashes of white light that some people get, perhaps.
    I would love an explanation of the bright white flashes, I had them for a while but now then have stopped

I don't feel as alert since they stopped but I'm certainly more well rested & don't feel like I have been beaten up in my sleep anymore or feeling I've been on a treadmill all night

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Kbrammcdonald's Avatar
    Thanks

This happened to me last night for the first time after reading this...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kbrammcdonald For This Post:

meeradas (31st March 2015), shadowstalker (31st March 2015)

+ Reply to Thread