+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Less known ancient megalithic archaeological sites

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,379 times in 5,725 posts

Default Re: Less known ancient megalithic archaeological sites

Here is a megalithic site in Sri Lanka: Sigiriya. When you look closely, the originators here were OBVIOUSLY connected to those in Peru and Egypt. This is one I have never seen mentioned as evidence of the globally connected high megalithic culture?

Quote The Ancient Rock City of Sigiriya
    Sigiriya is an ancient city built atop a giant megalithic rock that towers 200 metres above the surrounding landscape. It is located in a remote location in the Matale District of the Central Province, Sri Lanka, and has mystified visitors to the site throughout its long and colourful history. Designated a cultural World Heritage Site in 1982, Sigiriya continues to be a site of research, study and speculation as experts try to unveil the mystery and enigma shrouding this historical site.

It is believed that the environment around Sigiriya has been inhabited since prehistoric times – a rock shelter to the east of Sigiriya shows evidence of occupation going back nearly five thousand years during the Mesolithic period. There is also clear evidence that the many rock shelters and caves in the vicinity were occupied by Buddhist monks and ascetics from as early as the 3rd century BC. However, Sigiriya is most famous for the period beginning in the 5th century when it was transformed into a palace, fortress and pleasure garden by King Kashyapa (Kassapa).The Ancient Rock City of Sigiriya
    It has all the hallmarks of the stone architechs of Peru. It has the kind of stone alteration which looks almost melted. The stone literally gleams in places, advanced hydrology still functions, beauty and symmetry are evident. It is OBVIOUS to see the old and the more recent styles.... The site was used over and over again.

Chapter 1 of a Detailed Photo Essay on Sigiriya, or Lion's Rock, in Sri Lanka: Thoughts and Impressions of My Visit.

Here is the accepted story

Here is a lot of interesting footage

Here is the focus on the megalithic style

Last edited by Delight; 27th October 2015 at 05:13.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (31st October 2015), Andrew (31st October 2015), earthdreamer (31st October 2015), fourty-two (31st October 2015), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), heyokah (3rd November 2015), Iloveyou (27th October 2015), Meggings (31st October 2015), observer (27th October 2015), Scottoz (31st October 2015), Sueanne47 (26th August 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Delight, I've been awake in the middle of the night several times (not being able to sleep) and read extensively many of your links in this thread. Fascinated by the melting of stone into something as malleable as plasticene. In your post https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1014900 on your TELLURIC DEVICES thread, I saw the name "Cottrell" and read pretty much all those links you gave.
    Doug Cottrell is local and I first met him about 40 years ago. When I faced homelessness recently, he kindly accepted my library of about 1000 spiritual-slanted books (...gosh I miss them, for they were my friendly companions of many decades...) I didn't want my friends to end up in a dump.

I'd never heard of the Sri Lanka Sigiriya site above - thanks for it.
    How would you like to see the research that shows where THE GARDEN OF EDEN was located?

I've been listening to the lectures of Edmund Marriage, an English historian, and they are fascinating. Following some material he talks about, I found a map showing the location of THE GARDEN OF EDEN. Here's a current map showing its location.

Edmund Marriage refers to this place as KHARSAG, and the above map shows the location of Rachaiya and Site of Kharsag, known later as the Garden of Eden, and shows the proximity of Tyre, Sidon, Damascus and Baalbek

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Hi meggings...thanks for the links....interesting! i found a link to a pdf FYI
    http://www.goldenageproject.org.uk/K...ember_2007.pdf
    love, sleep well,
    maggie

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Iloveyou (31st October 2015), Meggings (31st October 2015)

6. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

This may be of interest to this Thread, however, the "mainstream-spin" that was put on it, in the linked article, may not harmonize with most of the members, here on Avalon.

From the New York Times, yesterday:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...rks/ar-BBmCwPI

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,613 times in 21,526 posts

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    She cites the work of Fomenko a lot, who is Russian. His work is presented here: http://chronologia.org/en/index.html
    See also my post, just now: What if our recent history is concealed by invoking "The Dark Age" that never was dark? -- Post #7.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (3rd November 2015), Delight (4th November 2015), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), Iloveyou (4th November 2015)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

I have been thinking for a long time that ancient Americans probably mined copper not only in Michigan but here in my own area. I had never seen any evidence. I live near a copper mining area that was very productive.

Quote the Burra Burra Mine extracted over 15 million tons (14 million metric tons) of copper ore during its 60 years of operation between 1899 and 1959. The mine's remaining structures are listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Burra Burra Mine Historic District. The site is also home to the Ducktown Basin Museum, and the museum and mine are a Tennessee state historic site operated in partnership with the Tennessee Historical Commission.

The Burra Burra Mine was one of a number of mining operations in the Copper Basin from 1850 to 1987. While these operations produced substantial amounts of copper and other products, tree-harvesting and pollution from the mines and smelters left more than 32,000 acres (130 km2) of the basin virtually devoid of life, though the area has begun to recover due to re-greening efforts.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burra_...ne_(Tennessee)
    Quote The green valley of upper Polk County is coming back to life, as a results of a great reclamation plan organized to restore life to a land devastated by acid rain, logging and copper mining.

Prior to the 1850's the Copper Basin had already began to suffer due to the burning of forested land by the early settlers. Copper ore was discovered in this region in the 1820's. From the time of this discovery through 1987 the Copper Basin had the largest metal mining operation in the Southeastern United States. Early profiteers gave no attention to the environment, cutting down every available tree for copper smelting, creating an acid rain that killed over 60,000 acres. This turned the land into what was later described as having the appearance of a red moonscape.

Several large mines dot the landscape with Hiwassee Mine being the oldest, Isabella, the Burra Burra Mine in Ducktown and the Company of Copperhill Tennessee. http://theblueridgehighlander.com/po...nty_tennessee/
    Minoan civilization is linked with the Americas in this video. The video talks about evidence from Tennessee. I am interested in this particularly because it is the first time I have found an association with ancient copper mining in my area of Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia. This video talks abut the mining furnaces found in Tennessee.

Here is an article associated with the video

Minoans Discovered America! Smoking Gun Artifacts and Over 1000 DNA Testable Skeletal Remains Prove Explorers Claim (100+ Photographs which will change how you view History)

and associated with the "ox hide" shape of copper ingots.

There is a river that runs next to the mine the Taccoa (Georgia)/Ocoee (Tennessee). The river links up to other rivers north. It is probable that river transportation would have been reasonable for moving copper. The TVA water project dammed the Taccoa/Ocohee river along with many others.

This map shows the Ocoee arm of the river. It runs from Georgia into Tennessee.

I am not sure that the information about the Minoan/ Tennessee connection is correct but it is very intriguing.

Quote The Minoan Civilization flourished 5000 years ago

Since the archeological pickax unearthed the first findings of the Minoan Palace in Knossos, almost 100 years ago, the cause of the destruction of the Minoan Civilization has been a subject of controversy and dispute among scientists.
    The Minoan Civilization was a Bronze Age civilization that arose in Crete and flourished almost 5000 years ago, until it was destroyed in 1450BC. The Minoans were enigmatic people; educated, warriors and merchants, artists, and experienced sailors. Their maritime empire was vast.
    They were the first in Europe to use a written language, referred to as Linear A, which was finally decoded just a few years ago. They were different than Greeks and dominated the Mediterranean Sea, especially since they were not menaced by external forces from the Greek mainland or elsewhere.
    All of a sudden though, at the height of its power, the Minoan Civilization was destroyed and perished forever, leaving important samples and tokens of its grandeur. The inexplicable end of this civilization made many archaeologists, among which Professor Marinatos and Evans, to associate it with the eruption of the Santorini Volcano.
    Related:
    There is controversy about a stone found in Tennessee called the
    "Bat Creek stone"

Scott Wolter, PG, discussing the Bat Creek Stone

Cherokee DNA Only 3% of Chief Sitting Owls tribe had Jewish DNA, but 94% of those tested in the Central Band showed European DNA that goes back thousands of years. It is not widely known that haplogroup X is one of the 12 primary Jewish lineages, and is found in the Cherokee.

Last edited by Delight; 4th November 2015 at 05:57.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (4th November 2015), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), Iloveyou (4th November 2015), observer (4th November 2015)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

I found another article linking Minoan civilization, South America and North America and indigenous people of the Southeastern US. I realize this is not megalithic civilization but MAYBE true remnants?

Who Really Discovered America?

Another interest I have was highlighted. This is really exciting: to find new connections.

My interest is in a group of native Americans the TsoyohaYuchi(other spellings) who said they came from the sun, had come to the Americas after their land sank. They lived in eastern Tennessee in historic times.

Quote Archaeological evidence suggests that for hundreds of years the Yuchean-type culture flourished over much of eastern and middle Tennessee often thoroughly mixed with that of their Koasati allies and friends. This was before the white settlers came, and pushed the Cherokee ahead of them into the area. The Yuchi had operated trade routes throughout the Southeast, and the Great Valley running through East Tennessee held the main North-South connection in the trail system. Saltville just over the Virginia border was a strategic resource in their control of trade. The Yuchean control of trade is deeply written into the Southeastern languages where the word translator/interpreter in most of them derives from the Yuchean, yatik'e -- as language translation was also a specialty of the Yuchi since no one else spoke their language, and it is so very necessary to trade transactions.http://www.yuchi.org/
    The Yuchi might have been the mound builders in Georgia?

Quote http://peopleofonefire.com/tag/nacoochee-valleyRabbit Clan (Chestua, Choestoe, Chestatee, Tanasi, Tennessee)

This may have been actually the Mouse Clan because the Tennessee Uchee and Cherokee word for rabbit is very close in sound to the Itsate Creek word for mouse. Rabbit makes more sense however.

The Uchee Rabbit Clan once occupied the extremely important trade route that followed the Hiwassee River (TN, NC, GA), Ocoee River (TN, GA), Nottely River (GA) and Chestatee River (GA). It was anchored by an ancient large town on Hiwassee Island, TN that the Spanish called Tanasqui. Along this route can still be found place names derived from the Uchee word for rabbit, Choestua. Chestatee is the Anglicized version of the hybrid Uchee-Itsate name Choestua-te, which means “Rabbit People.”

The rabbit is the totem animal of the Catawbas. Many Catawba scholars insist that their ancestors once lived on the west side of the Appalachians in eastern Tennessee. This cultural memory very likely remembers a paired relationship between the Uchee and Siouans of that region. The Tanasi, Tesna, Taensa or Tensaw People are normally associated with the Middle and Upper Tennessee River Basins, but early South Carolina maps also show them having a province in northern South Carolina that was allied with the Catawba.

There is a story, often repeated in history books, of a conflict in 1713 or 1714 between the Uchee town of Chestua and Cherokee towns on the other side of the Hiwassee River – supposedly in Tennessee. We only get the Cherokee side of the story so we don’t know exactly what triggered the conflict. In the late 19th century, the Cherokee elder, Swimmer, told Smithsonian ethnologist, James Mooney, that the war was started when the Uchees killed a Cherokee man after living peacefully across the Hiwasssee River from the Cherokees for a century. They then attacked the single town of Chestowee (Chestua) in revenge. However, contemporary Cherokee history sites state that the Cherokees conquered all of southeastern Tennessee in 1714.

Most contemporary history books provide the official South Carolina side of the story . . . that Indian traders Eleazer Wiggan and Alexander Long sold firearms to the Cherokees in Tennessee and agreed to buy all slaves captured, if the Cherokees would attack Yuchi towns along the Hiwassee River in present day Tennessee. The South Carolinians were seeking revenge because a Yuchi man in the town of Chestowee had cut off Wiggan’s ear after being caught cheating the Yuchi. Most texts place the location of “Chestowee” on the Hiwassee River in Tennessee. Several Yuchi towns, including Chestowee were supposedly destroyed and the survivors were marched off into slavery in South Carolina.

The Cherokee or South Carolina versions of the story are often repeated in Cherokee history web sites, Wikipedia, plus books by academicians. The authors should have looked at the maps! In 1714, the French occupied a fort at the confluence of the Tennessee and Tennessee River and all the territory between there and the Uchee on the Hiwassee River was occupied by Koasati and Upper Creeks. As can be seen above, the Cherokees couldn’t have possibly been neighbors of the Uchee for a century. They were nowhere around.

Furthermore, the Uchee town of Chestua in Tennessee continued to be shown on the maps for several more decades. The Cherokees did not conquer all of Southeast Tennessee in 1714. Chestua, Tennessee was not “cut off.” It was in Upper Creek territory until 1764, when the Upper Creeks agreed to withdraw southward from the Cherokees in order to create a buffer between the two peoples. It should be remembered that the Cherokees requested that the British build Fort Loudon on the Little Tennessee River in 1755 to protect them from attacks by the French-allied Upper Creeks living on the south side of the Hiwassee River.

Uchee Rabbit Clan villages were massacred in 1713 and 1714, but their probable locations were along the Upper Hiwassee River in North Carolina and Georgia. However, some of the Rabbit Clan survived. A Uchee village named Choestoe on maps continued to exist at the headwaters of the Nottely River in southern Union County, GA until 1838. Of course, local histories call it a Cherokee town.

Frogtown: There was also a Uchee village in nearby northern Lumpkin County, GA, which has been mistakenly labeled Cherokee. It controlled the vital trade link between Choestoe and the headwaters of the Chestatee River. Throughout the 1700s, the Cherokees derisively called the Highland Uchee, the Frog People (Ani-Wolosi or Ani-walasi). The earliest maps of the State of Georgia show a village named Frogtown on the trade route between Choestoe and the headwaters Yahoola Creek, a major tributary of the Chestatee River. Yahoola is a Creek word, so there were obviously still Creeks living around Dahlonega at that time.

Late 19th and 20th century historians saw the word Frogtown. Not knowing that this was the common Cherokee name for the Uchee, they assumed that it was a Cherokee village then changed its name to Walasi-yi (Place of the Frog) – a name that was never used on maps of the Cherokee Nation. Yet again, the Uchees were “cut off” from history.

From 1785 to 1838 official maps of the State of Georgia only used Creek or English names for Indian village in the Nacoochee Valley. The 1810 Sturgis Map of Georgia used the Creek word for bear, Nocose, for Yonah Mountain. This is primary evidence that even in this late date, the occupants of this area were ethnic Creeks and Uchee - not Cherokees - even though they were officially in the Cherokee Nation. Chota means "Frog" in Creek. This fact strongly suggests that all the "Cherokee lore" now put into local tourist brochures were the product of White Men, not the Native people, who actually lived there. In 1820, the village of Nokose sold its land to a group of families in Burke County, NC and moved to the Creek Nation in Alabama. However, the Eastern Band of Cherokees labels the Nacoochee Mound as "A Sacred Cherokee Heritage Site."
    From 1785 to 1838 official maps of the State of Georgia only used Creek or English names for Indian village in the Nacoochee Valley. The 1810 Sturgis Map of Georgia used the Creek word for bear, Nocose, for Yonah Mountain. The Cherokee word for bear, Yonah, was not applied to this mountain until a couple of decades after all Native peoples were gone. This is primary evidence that even in this late date, the occupants of this area were ethnic Creeks and Uchee – not Cherokees – even though they were officially in the Cherokee Nation. Chota means “Frog” in Creek. This fact strongly suggests that all the “Cherokee lore” now put into local tourist brochures, including a couple of Cherokee names applied to local mountains, were the product of White Men who later settled there, not the Native people, who actually lived there. In 1820, the village of Nokose sold its land to a group of families in Burke County, NC and moved to the Creek Nation in Alabama. Had the Cherokee tribal government in NW Georgia considered this land, Cherokee, it would have forbidden the sale. However, the Eastern Band of Cherokees now labels the Nacoochee Mound as “A Sacred Cherokee Heritage Site.” A comprehensive investigation by University of Georgia archaeologists in 2004 could find no Cherokee artifacts in the village around the Nacoochee Mound.
    A little known fact is that there were Rabbit Clan Uchee hamlets in the rugged Cohutta Mountains of Glimer and Towns Counties, GA and Polk County, TN until at least 1911. These were the last traditional Native American communities in the states of Georgia and Tennessee.

Uchee men cut firewood and hauled copper ore for the copper mines in Copper Hill, Tennessee. About 15 years later, the US Forest Service quickly acquired their remote farmsteads because they lacked legal titles to the properties. Most of these Uchee moved to the Snowbird Cherokee Reservation in Graham County, NC, where they retain their separate identity and physical appearance to this day.
    I found a link to the Yuchi in the article I sited

Quote n 1973 I visited with Dr. Joseph Mahan in Atlanta, Georgia, an expert in ancient Indian ethnology of the southeastern Indians of the United States. He showed me samples of pottery uncovered from the waters around the Bahamas, and told me of Indian legends, including that of the Yuchis, stating they had migrated to the area of Florida and Georgia from the region of the Bahamas. According to their legends, the island sank beneath the sea and they fled for their lives.

These same Yuchis later migrated to the Oklahoma territory, where they eventually settled down. Amazingly enough, they show strong evidence that they had contact with the Old World in historic times. They have a custom which is unique among the American Indians. They are racially and linguistically different from their neighbors. Every year on the fifteenth day of the sacred month of harvest, in the fall, they make a pilgrimmage. For eight days they live in "booths" with roofs open to the sky, covered with branches and leaves and foliage. During this festival, they dance around the sacred fire, and called upon the name of God.

The ancient Israelites had the virtually identical custom, in many respects. In the harvest season in the fall, on the 15th day of the sacred month of harvest (the seventh month), they celebrate the "festival of booths" for eight days. During this time they lived in temporary booths, covered with branches, leaves, fronds. This festival goes back to the time of Moses and the Exodus from ancient Egypt (Leviticus 23).

How is it that two totally separated peoples observed the identical custom?

Dr. Cyrus Gordon, of Brandeis University in Boston, was privileged to sit in on one of the fall harvest festivals of the Yuchi Indians, and listened to their chants, songs, and sacred ceremonies. An expert in Hebrew, Minoan, and many Middle Eastern languages, he was incredulous. As he listened, he exclaimed to his companion, "They are speaking the Hebrew names for God!"

Dr. Joe Mahan is a strong believer in cultural contacts between the Indians and the East, long before Columbus. He showed me a small tablet containing ancient cuneiform writing of the Babylonians. "This," he said, "was found not long ago by a woman digging in her flower bed, here in Georgia. The inscription appears to be genuine. There is no reason not to believe it is authentic."Hebrews in the Americas 1,000 B.C.?
    Others suggest the Mayan connection

Quote they believe the Yuchi were a mysterious indigenous peoples with a separate and distinct heritage from the other indigenous people of the United States. History aside, the Tsoyaha were one of the mound building peoples in the Southeast, a satellite culture of the great Mayan culture. They were part of the extensive trade that included trade with the Old World. Despite firmly held myths that claim current era discovery, America has been a melting pot of ideas, culture and genes since long before the Colombian Era, and well into the Neolithic times as the intercontinental Maritime Archaic demonstrate. http://www.drwebman.com/euchee/yuchi/
    Quote The Yuchi Indians are a North American Indian tribe belonging to the Southeastern Indian cultural group. Ethnohistorians indicate that during the historic period there were three principal bands of Yuchi: one on the Tennessee River, one in west Florida, and one on the Savannah River.https://tennesseeencyclopedia.net/entry.php?rec=1549
    This story sounds quite Biblical inluding original murder between two brothers....Cain and Abel?

Quote (Document found in J. R. Gregory, personal file, Creek Archives, Oklahoma Historical Society Library, Oklahoma City . Transcribed by Barbara Cox.). Creek story also suggested to come form the Yuchi and adopted.

Being for Verbal Transmission Only, The Author's name is unsigned and unknown on these pages and can be found by a friend only.

In the days and time before men became evil, The Earth was White, Sacred and Clean. There was received from the author of life an admonishment to not Spill human blood on the Earth, for the ground was Created Holy and Clean. There were more people on Earth then Than there has ever been Since men became Evil. In that day the language of the people was musical, polite, and graceful. All Speech was filled with Exclamations of adoration with Compliments of truth and trust. Temples were built of Stone and Cedar timbers, where the Wise Men taught the people a System of Civil perpetuation of this innocent life. The ground upon which these temples Stood were termed Holy Grounds. These Holy Grounds were devoted to religious exercises and festivals of peace and goodwill.

On an Evil day, two twin brothers were born; they were both noble and beautiful, but one excelled the other in merit. This caused a Jealousy in the heart of the least favored one and he slew his most favored brother. It was then that the ground was first fouled with innocent blood and became dark and trembled with horror.

The Sky became dark and cold. The hearts of men became distrustful of their brothers. Before this, all men were known as Ustee (people). After this first murder, different groups of men were designated by different names. There, old graceful speech became Silent. Their Speech became evasive and filled with the Strategy of mistrust. Three wise men still held fast to the good life of former days and still spoke the good old language of truth and trust filled with exclamations of adoration.

The people and the Earth became very evil. There was only one object in the universe that retained its Holy, bright purity, and that was the Sun. These three wise men reasoned that as the Sun daily came from the East, there might possibly be a country as holy and clean in the distant East where they might possibly regain their former innocent and Holy life. These three wise men resolved to take their kindred to the East and endeavor to find the Holy place whence the Sun came from.

Each one collected their respective kindred into three groups and prepared to Emigrate to the East. These three groups were camped in a triangle and were to Start at Sunrise the next day. Poles were set to get the true course to the Sunrise by which they were to travel by the route indicated by these poles in line with distant mountains to the true Sunrise .

When the morning came, the Groups to the left front of the triangle, being on higher ground, exclaimed in the manner of their good old Speech: Chee-Ki-Hus-Su (See the Sun). And the group became known as the Chickasaw group. The group to the right front of the groups, inquired by the manner of their good old Speech: Ko-hus-se-ta (Where is the sun). This group became known as the Coh-Seeh-ta group by that inquiry. They were also installed as the great peace group for their inquiries was in the interest of peace and goodwill to all men. As the two front groups started off on their Journey, the group to the rear of the Triangle also followed the two front groups. They were designated as the Ko-ow-e-ta Group (They that follow us). This expression was also in the manner of their former good old Speech. As they Journeyed on, these three groups became Separated by Several days Journey from each other. The advance of the Coh-Seeh-ta group came to a large River which they crossed over to the East side of this great river. On the East bank of this River, they built a great temple of Earth in the manner of a mound with a door way in the top by which they could enter the great chamber of the Temple which was built, thus for the purpose of sacred rites and also for defense against enemies that began to appear in this Strange country. The main body of the warriors of this Coh-Seeh-ta group went out to subdue these strange people in order to clear a way for their non-combatants to pass Safely through the country. They left their non-combatants at this fortress mound. While the Coh-Seeh-ta warriors were absent, the rear group which hand now became known as the Co-we-ta group came up on the west bank of this Great River, opposite the Temple mound built by the Coh-Seeh-ta group. The Coh-Seeh-ta non-combatants, at their newly improvised mound, seemed strange to the Co-we-ta people and as they had fought several battles with the Strange people of the Country, they supposed the people of the Temple mound to be of the Strange people of the Country. They made hostile demonstrations against the Coh-Seeh-ta people. The army of the Coh-Seeh-ta warriors were informed of this, upon which they returned to the defense of their Temple Mound . When they came to the Co-we-ta group, they whipped them with switches cut from the forest, but did not strike any of them with a weapon of war. The Coh-Seeh-ta warriors then rebuked the Co-we-tas for their conduct and then placed them in charge of the Mound Temple as they took their non-combatants along with them and proceeded on their Journey to the Sunrise . By the whipping with Switches, the Coh-Seeh-ta and Co-we-ta groups have been antagonists in the great national game of ball games.

While the Co-we-tas remained in charge of the Temple mound and one day while the great mass of the Co-we-tas warriors were in the Great Champber of the Mound, purifying their bodies by Scared rites, the Encampment of the Co-we-ta non-combatants was attacked by the Cherokees who were the true descendants of the twin brother that had killed his brother. The Cherokees did not know that the Temple Mound was occupied by a Strong force of warriors. The Co-we-ta warriors came up out of the door in the top of the Mound Temple and fought the Cherokees and defeated them with great slaughter. As the Cherokees had been deemed strong and expert fighters, this valorous deed of the Co-we-tas gave them the title of the Great War town. After the Chickasaw group had crossed the great River, Several days Journey above where the two other groups had crossed the Great River, they proceeded no further, but stopped and built towns in the Center of Small prairies that were there and upon which grew an abundance of Strawberries, and there was an abundance of good water which could be had by digging an elbow's length beneath the surface of these prairies. The Coh-Seeh-ta group continued on towards the Sunrise , followed by the Co-we-tas. They proceeded onwards until they came to a country where lived a people who were naked and wore no clothes and were very wild. These naked wild people held no intercourse with them but fled and hid in a great fog or mist that lay to the East.

These two groups of Coh-Seeh-tas and Co-we-tas followed these naked people into this Great mist. On passing through the mist, they found that the mist was cast up from a great Sea of water that was white with foam crested waves. And that the Sun arose up out of this white-water was the reason why the Sun remained pure and bright. They furthermore became convinced that all Earth had become dark and unholy and that only the Sea and the Sun remained pure in the Sight of the Great Author of Life.

They then resolved to occupy the country from the Sea coast back the way they had came as far as the country extended to the boundaries of the country occupied by the Chickasaws, which is the land from Mobile Bay and around by the Sea Coast to the mouth of the Savannah River. They built holy mounds and wrote upon the rocks of the Chat-ta-hoo-chee River in Commemoration of these events.

The Coh-Seeh-ta and Co-we-ta names are the oldest band names of the Muskogee Nation and they are the two principal towns of the Creek Nation to this day. With the Chickasaws are the oldest designation of names in the Muskogee language to distinguish groups of people in the old and beloved language when the perfection and purity was lost to mankind by the Spilling of blood.

(Document found in J.R. Gregory file, Creek Archives, Oklahoma Historical Society Library, Oklahoma City . Transcribed by Barbara Cox.)

http://www.ualr.edu/sequoyah/uploads...20yuchi%20.htm
    And I found this article

Quote Apalache is the Anglicization of Aparasi, which means “Offspring from the Sea.” The name used for the Savannah Area by Captain René de Laudonniè, commander of Fort Caroline, was Ouete, which means “Water People” or “Sea People.”

This confusing overview of concentric circles and an Asiatic “Sea People” on both sides of Atlantic leads us to one conclusion . . . as “hippy dippy” as it may be. Perhaps, there really was an Atlantis, and its occupants were Asiatic in origin. Just as the Greek historian Homer wrote, the Atlantians might have spread advanced culture throughout the known world. There is profound evidence of the same cultural symbols of Atlantis on both sides of the Atlantic . . . concentric circles. The Uchee could well be at least partially, the descendants of the people of Atlantis.

If this speculation seems preposterous, think about this. When settlers first arrived in the region around Atlanta, there was an ancient triangular temple built out of quarried stone next to the Nodoroc Mud Volcano in Barrow County (NE Metro Atlanta.) It contained a carved stone sacrificial altar with three stone steps. We know the exact dimensions of this temple because it was measured by an architect before being dismantled and transported to the plantation of a Georgia governor.

There is only one other place and time period in the world where such triangular temples were built . . . Bronze Age Cyprus.Origins of the Yuchi part 3
    Last edited by Delight; 4th November 2015 at 08:40.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

heyokah (4th November 2015), Iloveyou (13th December 2015), observer (4th November 2015)

13. Link to Post #28
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Time for a bit more of Sylvie Ivanowa

http://www.megaliths.org/

New Chronology, Ayahuasca Insights, & The Reformation Conspiracy

1/5/2016

Extreme Antiquity, Inner Earth Civilizations, & Secrets of the Ancient Past

This is the THC interview with Russian researcher Dr. Alexander Koltypin.
    Greg Carlwood typed out all his questions, Sylvie Ivanowa translated them
    and she translated and now reads Koltypin's answers on the show.

4/11/2016

Alexander has quiet the resume'. He graduated with honors from the Moscow Geological Prospecting Institute and took post graduate courses at the Institute of Oceanology at the Russia Academy of Sciences. For 15 years he took part in geological expeditions across the planet, and together with like minded researchers and scientists created the "Society for Learning about Earth's Mysteries and Enigmas"

Since 2003, has been editor and chief of several scientific magazines. He's also written several books of his own, and for over 2 decades has been collecting and analyzing scientific data on different aspects of the unknown. Combing through archaeological data, examining the megalithic structures and underground ruines of the world, and cross referencing the hard evidence with mythology and legends to get a clearer picture of the past. You can find much of his work on his fascinating website http://earthbeforeflood.com/
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 23rd August 2016 at 15:40.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd August 2016), Fanna (23rd August 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), nomadguy (28th August 2016), Zampano (23rd August 2016)

15. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Wow! I just struck another Gold Mine! Thanks Iloveyou for the posting of lesser known megalithic structures! I can see there is much for me to plow through! It is mindboggling all the information available here on the Forum! I probably won't live long enough to get through it all!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Iloveyou (27th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2