+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SNL Scientology parody

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,788 times in 1,349 posts

Default SNL Scientology parody

And now for a bit of humor:

Here is Saturday Night Live's recent spoof on Scientology.

This video was obviously inspired by the recent release of the "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" documentary that just began airing on HBO.

Last edited by TrumanCash; 5th April 2015 at 15:30.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (6th April 2015), Agape (5th April 2015), Bo Atkinson (6th May 2018), ceetee9 (6th April 2015), DeDukshyn (7th May 2018), Flowerpunkchip (6th May 2018), Icare (5th May 2018), jjjones (6th April 2015), ketturah (5th April 2015), Kryztian (6th April 2015), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th May 2018), Mike (5th May 2018), OBwan (6th April 2015), onawah (5th April 2015), raregem (5th April 2015), RunningDeer (5th May 2018), Selkie (5th April 2015), spiritwind (5th April 2015), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,369 times in 4,614 posts

Default Re: SNL Scientology parody

This is too good .. People eh too bad , sorry

My favourite ...Egg Nog ...

ET is joking
    Last edited by Agape; 5th April 2015 at 15:50.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

RunningDeer (5th May 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,433 times in 10,158 posts

David & Shelley Miscavige Sing
    "We Stand Tall"

Did this clip come from SNL too?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Flowerpunkchip (6th May 2018), Kryztian (9th April 2015), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

can't watch it here.

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Michael Moewes (here)
    can't watch it here.
    I think this might be it ... the orig wasn't available in my area either.

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (6th April 2015), Tyy1907 (6th April 2015), william r sanford72 (6th April 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,433 times in 10,158 posts

"Take us from clear to eternity ..."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Valerie Villars (5th May 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Wow, I didn't realize "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" was a new documentary, let alone on HBO. I just saw a link to it the other day on another site with links to over 100 documentaries. It's going to be interesting to see how the Church of Scientology responds to this one. Lawsuits maybe?

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,963 times in 3,473 posts

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    It's going to be interesting to see how the Church of Scientology responds to this one. Lawsuits maybe?
    I have to wonder if there is more to Scientology than just their army of lawyers, and if that is, in part, a myth. The media has been so silent on the abuses of Scientology. There was never a "60 Minutes" type expose on them and I am sure they would have said "our legal department advised us not to do it." But one wonders if there were other forces working behind the scenes, forces that would have like to see an oppressive, hierarchical mind-controlling organization clothed in the garments of "love and light" succeed, and told media execs "hands off Scientology, or we will release J. Edgar's file on you." I don't doubt they have an army of lawyers, but one wonders if they have other "friends" in high and deep places who want to see the plan to mind controlled the sheople by Scientology to "succeed"?

And Kudos to NBC for having the courage, at least in satire form, for taking on Scientology.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (6th April 2015), Bluegreen (6th April 2015), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    But one wonders if there were other forces working behind the scenes, forces that would have like to see an oppressive, hierarchical mind-controlling organization clothed in the garments of "love and light" succeed, and told media execs "hands off Scientology, or we will release J. Edgar's file on you."
    I don't think anyone even has to be threatened. All the media outlets that the big media companies own will pull stories, no questions asked, if they are just given the command. Typically in the past few decades it seems like any time something "gets through the cracks," so to speak, it might air one or two times but it won't air much more than that. A couple examples that spring to mind are Jesse Ventura's episode on the FEMA camps, and, if I'm not mistaken, the PBS documentary where Larry Silverstein talks about the "pull it" order being given for WTC7.

Lately though I'm starting to see the MSM take a turn. Big things seem to be changing, but I don't think it's because they've had a change of heart. I think their controllers are losing their grip and becoming more splintered as the top levels of the western cabal are coming unraveled. The market is also changing, and lots of people are turning to watching channels like Russia Today on the Internet just to get real news. MSM has turned on the mass-murdering Netanyahu and is reporting peace with Iran in a favorable light for once, and that's a pretty dramatic change by itself. So we'll see what starts to come out in the next few months and how this story is carried forward.

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

The newer SNL's (last 5 years)seem to be basically making a mockery of how programmed people are in the entertainment industries. Sometimes its just plain old funny but most of the time I can't see past the programming their alluding to.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (6th April 2015), Kryztian (7th April 2015)

18. Link to Post #11
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,888 times in 830 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    And now for a bit of humor:

Here is Saturday Night Live's recent spoof on Scientology.

This video was obviously inspired by the recent release of the "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" documentary that just began airing on HBO.

This made me chuckle - repeatedly.

Obviously very well researched, there are so many small details in there I watched it twice.

I hadn't seen the Scientology original before, so after watching that, too, I watched this one again.

Hilarious, especially for people who have done some research on Scientology (still can't bring myself to call it a church because it's just not).

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th May 2018), Flowerpunkchip (6th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th May 2018), Hervé (5th May 2018), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018)

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Me too, I care. I watched the HBO documentary and was appalled by, of all the things, the whole uniform/military garb aspect. Any time someone tells me I have to do something, I run the other way. I tell me what to do. Period.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Flowerpunkchip (6th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th May 2018), Icare (5th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread