+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That #$*^&! Hum!

1. Link to Post #1
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Default That #$*^&! Hum!

A possible and plausible answer to that low, diesel-generator-like humming:

Have you heard 'the hum'? Mystery of Earth's low droning noise could now be solved

It was often blamed on phone masts, submarine communications and pipes

Lamiat Sabin Thursday 16 April 2015

Scientists have confirmed the cause of a strange humming noise that emanates from the Earth and has baffled people for more than forty years – and was even a factor in one reported suicide.

The noise has been talked about worldwide and also made local newspaper headlines in the UK. It is often referred to as a “phenomenon” and “the hum”, usually prefixed with the location of where it is heard.

In Britain, the most famous example was the “Bristol hum” that made the news in the late 1970s. One newspaper asked readers in the city: “Have you heard the Hum?” and at least 800 people said they had – according to the BBC – and some had suffered headaches and nosebleeds from it.

It has been described like “a diesel car idling in the distance” by a BBC interviewee and the maddening sound has driven people stir-crazy in trying to figure it out. Especially when they can only hear it at home and during the night.

People living on the south coast have complained this week of a constant and low-pitched sound for which they have found no cause – as reported by Plymouth Herald.

It has been mistaken for leaking pipes, phone masts, wind farms, low-frequency submarine communications and even mating fish.

“For the first few years I lost sleep, couldn’t concentrate and was unable to do anything. I was constantly in tears, which put a great strain on my husband. It has changed me from an active, creative person to a stifled, angry pessimist,” a woman told The Independent back in 1994.

Doctors blamed patients’ abilities to hear it on tinnitus, until Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge had confirmed sometime in the 1990s that the cause is external.

Submarines, as well as masts and gas pipes, were blamed for the hum. However, the search for the truth could now be over as researchers claim that microseismic activity from long ocean waves impacting the sea bed is what makes our planet vibrate and produces the droning sound.

The pressure of the waves on the seafloor generates seismic waves that cause the Earth to oscillate, said Fabrice Ardhuin, a senior research scientist at Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique in France.

The continuous waves produce sounds lasting from 13 to 300 seconds. They can be heard by a relatively small proportion of people – who are sensitive to the hums – and also by seismic instruments.

“We have made a big step in explaining this mysterious signal and where it is coming from and what is the mechanism,” Ardhuin said of the study published in Geophysical Research Letters, a journal of the American Geophysical Union.

Waves impacting the deep sea bed have been found to be the cause. Understanding the ringing could also help researchers gain a better knowledge of the Earth’s structure, he added.

Microseismic waves penetrate through the Earth’s mantle so recording these waves could give scientists a much more detailed picture of what lies beneath.

Discovering fainter seismic signals could also allow scientists to better detect small or faraway earthquakes.

Read more:
    In search of the thing that goes hum in the night
    Mysterious hum keeping people up all night ‘could be mating fish’
    What's that terrible noise?

Comments

Ray_of_Light62 7 hours ago

Picking up the earth background hum is no easy feat.

Local "normal" earthquakes consists of a vibration in the 1 to 20 Hertz range of frequencies. The vast majority of seismometers are made of a velocity sensor tuned to the above frequency range. An earthquake taking place in a remote region, thousands of kilometers away, is referred to as a "teleseism" and produces a signal well below the 1 Hertz frequency, in the area of 0.1 to 0.01 Hertz. Normally these low frequencies are measured as period, which is the reciprocal of frequency; so 0.1 Hz is equivalent to 10 seconds.

Seismometers should measure the movements of the earth with reference to a point in the space that doesn't move during the earthquake. As such a thing doesn't exist, seismometers of all kind uses the resting inertia of a mass as its reference. In the case of long-period seisms, precise measurements became impossible. The number of tele-seismometers actually active is only an handful, as they are very expensive, bulky and onerous to operate.

Based on this, it is easy to see why the real reason of background hum noise has gone unnoticed until now. The main wave which is the base of the hum noise can be measured with great difficulties, and is well outside the range of human perception and the normal seismic equipment. All we can feel are the "harmonics", which are a secondary set of waves, at higher audible frequency, produced by the ground, the air, and other natural and man-made structures when they are excited by the original, very-low-frequency seismic wave.

------------------------------------------------------

Does that leave ELFs communications with submarines off the hook? Nope!
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Bob (22nd April 2015), danegeroussacredgeometry (17th April 2015), Daughter of Time (17th April 2015), Gardener (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (19th April 2015), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2015), Inversion (18th June 2016), Jake (17th April 2015), Jean-Marie (17th April 2015), JoePiscapo (17th July 2016), justntime2learn (17th April 2015), meeradas (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015), Sophocles (18th April 2015), ulli (17th April 2015), Verdilac (24th October 2016), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Default Re: That #$*^&! Hum!

I believe this is a cover story. I do not believe this at all.

Whilst the technological description merits acceptance in the science community, in other words "this our official line from which you will not deviate", there are those at senior level within the science community that are now seeing the truth for what it is. This is the result of the Wests increase in electromagnetic radiation resonating within our stratospheres and harmonising regionally.

CERN is ramping up - that should be a concern to everyone. If I am right then this "hum" will change or even disappear to be replaced by something else.

The last forty years has seen the Wests immersion into an ever increasing density of electromagnetic radiation. This is the cause.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2015), JoePiscapo (17th July 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Plymouth has a ley/vortex/'world grid' line that goes right through it.

Bristrol only has it, the same line... close in the south. Almost right through, bath, IIRC. The orientation, the exact (close enough) is Swindon through Plymstock. (if using a ruler on a map)

Use the kmz vortex map file from vortexmaps.com, and add that to google earth, and you'll see the lines quite clearly.

We've been through this before...........
    Last edited by Carmody; 17th April 2015 at 16:28.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Hervé (17th April 2015), noprophet (18th June 2016), Sierra (18th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Actually it might be a reasonable if loose explanation, it does explain the rise and fall rhythm which the 'phenomena' has, though it doesn't explain why it disappears sometimes for weeks or months. I have heard it for aprox 20 years, though much milder in recent years. It has recently begun again after a break of about a year.

Edit: I am not close to the coast, being in the 'waistline' of UK, 50 miles from west coast, 90 miles from east coast. I guess the reverb' would be heard generally throughout and the acoustic surroundings may be what influences whether or not it is heard, for example, house construction, ground conditions, even the matress may act as an amplifier.
    Last edited by Gardener; 17th April 2015 at 16:47. Reason: added info
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Hervé (17th April 2015), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

the world hum website, with map.

http://www.thehum.info/

This can be tested against the world vortex grid map, in time and place. it may show grid resonance and activation pattering, over time.

I expect some form of correlation to emerge, well outside of the idea of potentials in expectancy bias.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Hervé (17th April 2015), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2015), meeradas (17th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015), spiritwind (17th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gardener (here)
    Actually it might be a reasonable if loose explanation, it does explain the rise and fall rhythm which the 'phenomena' has, though it doesn't explain why it disappears sometimes for weeks or months. I have heard it for aprox 20 years, though much milder in recent years. It has recently begun again after a break of about a year.

Edit: I am not close to the coast, being in the 'waistline' of UK, 50 miles from west coast, 90 miles from east coast. I guess the reverb' would be heard generally throughout and the acoustic surroundings may be what influences whether or not it is heard, for example, house construction, ground conditions, even the matress may act as an amplifier.
    low frequency waves follow surfaces, so pressure modulation is always strongest at the ground level, or a break point at a peak.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Gardener (17th April 2015), Hervé (17th April 2015), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

To give an analogy to what may be happening with respect to ley lines and vortexes as well as why that "hum" may fade or reappear; since it's a resonance phenomenon:

Awesome sound patterns in sand
    Submitted by Jur on Sat, 06/08/2013 - 18:58

Certain frequencies vibrate the metal plate in such a way that it creates areas where there is no vibration. The sand "falls" into those areas, creating beautiful geometric patterns. As the frequency increases in pitch the patterns become more complex.

All cover under the term "cymatics" where the sand grains are "vibrated" towards wave nodes. Hence, sand-free areas are the ones being most "resonated"/vibrated/shaken...
    Last edited by Hervé; 17th April 2015 at 17:38.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Bob (4th September 2016), danegeroussacredgeometry (17th April 2015), Daughter of Time (17th April 2015), Gardener (17th April 2015), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2015), JoePiscapo (17th July 2016), meeradas (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015), spiritwind (17th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Interesting how the clusters on the map are on cities, could be due to larger populations hence more reports I guess.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Gardener (18th April 2015), Hervé (17th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Well this doesn´t explain why there where no hum on the history records. To me there are two different type of noises out there: the hum which is very organic and a second hum wchis is more metallic.
    The idea that is earth giving brith resonates so much with me. ALso lots of woman have had pain like when they gave birth to their kids... labour contractions. IS is well know and documented the big conexion of womans with Gaia, main reason why our womans have been put aside by the elite through out history.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This goes in tribution of the womans of this world

Love

Juan

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

craig mitchell (18th April 2015), Gardener (18th April 2015), JoePiscapo (17th July 2016), Sierra (18th April 2015), Snoweagle (17th April 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    Well this doesn´t explain why there where no hum on the history records. [...]
    ... probably because those able to report such were drowned or burnt at some stakes...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2015), Bob (22nd April 2015), craig mitchell (18th April 2015), Gardener (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), sunflower (17th April 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

at times I can hear low frequencies sounds like I'm being targeted and can feel energy being beamed at me.Anybody else?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

betoobig (18th April 2015), Gardener (18th April 2015), Hervé (18th April 2015), JoePiscapo (17th July 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member johnh's Avatar
    Thanks

A buddy of mine who lives in the foothills near Boulder and I, out on the plains now but nearby, both hear this deep sound/rumble which has a rhythm just a bit slower than quiet breathing. We both just happen to agree that the source is the underground tunneling by tptb. Really does sound just like powerful machinery and very deep. I do not remember hearing this when I lived high up in the mountains a year ago. He has been hearing it for about 3-4 years. BTW, sound travels faster in water than air, and then again even faster in solids such as rock, but I don't know about further (maybe).

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnh For This Post:

betoobig (18th April 2015), craig mitchell (18th April 2015), Gardener (18th April 2015), Hervé (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

I've heard that hum all my life. It sounds like traffic going by at a distance. Usually become aware of it in the morning when I wake up. I always assumed I was hearing traffic, since I lived in urban areas.

I can only hear it when not wearing my hearing aids, go figure.

But now where I live, I'm hearing the traffic noise, and I know there is no traffic noise like that in my town in the foothills of the Sierras.

I am also deafer than I was in childhood, but the hum remains the same.

I'm hearing it right now. I can hear it if I focus on the sound.

There were a few years where it drove me up a wall.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

betoobig (18th April 2015), Bob (22nd April 2015), craig mitchell (18th April 2015), Gardener (18th April 2015), Hervé (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member craig mitchell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)
    I can only hear it when not wearing my hearing aids, go figure.
    Sierra, yes I've no doubt it's an internal thing, not coming from the outer world. I've heard this sound for many years and it started after I had done a very deep hypnotherapy session. Just suddenly started and baffled me thoroughly. I asked everyone I trusted and no one heard it. Went through various theories about what could cause it that the rational mind could think up. (mine and others') Finally with the help of guidance I confirmed what I had long intuitively suspected: it is the earth herself, like the voice of the earth. It changes constantly and I can hear several tones with in the main drowning thing like a flight of ww11 bomber in the distance or a very large diesel engine a ways away. Got this confirmed by guidance a few years ago. The emanations coming from the galactic center interact with the earth and effect the sound as well.

At times it's so loud that it feels like it shakes the lobes of my brain. I just say "Hello earth, I love you" or some new-age-y sounding thing. I'm very connected with the earth and have done many native american/ shaman lifetimes. "I love you longtime" hahaha.

@ betoobig You're certainly correct, there are two sounds, one synthetic and one very real.
    Last edited by craig mitchell; 18th April 2015 at 05:32.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to craig mitchell For This Post:

betoobig (18th April 2015), Gardener (18th April 2015), Hervé (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

the ET's say Earth is a living being , they call the sound - the symphony of the Earth ... her vibration is heard and felt ...http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Bil...act_Report_223
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

betoobig (18th April 2015), craig mitchell (18th April 2015), Mike Gorman (18th April 2015), Sierra (21st April 2015)

31. Link to Post #16
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Residents aggravated by Windsor hum say it’s reached its highest volume in years: ‘It’s past unbelievable’

By Sharon Hill, Postmedia News | April 19, 2016 |
    Last Updated: Apr 20 8:02 AM ET

The volume got cranked up on the Windsor Hum Sunday night.

A Facebook page for hum haters and rumble recorders exploded as person after person said the pulses, pounding and vibrations were some of the worst in years.

“It was disastrous last night,” west-end dweller Mike Provost said Monday. “It’s past unbelievable. I have never heard it like that in six years that I’ve been recording. Never have I ever heard it like that.”

Provost, a retiree whose back yard on Hillcrest Boulevard faces towards Zug Island, stressed the hum is not back. It’s always there and becomes more persistent and annoying at times, he said. Provost described it as a thunderous roar or rolling thunder that he said was reported to be felt or heard 17 kilometres away in McGregor, Amherstburg and River Canard Sunday night.

For years residents in west Windsor and nearby parts of Essex County have been complaining about a mysterious hum like a refrigerator truck running. In March there were more complaints. In 2014, a federal government study linked the hum to U.S. Steel Corp. operations on Zug Island but an exact cause couldn’t be pinpointed when the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade said it couldn’t access the U.S. site. The guess was furnace blasts.

Provost worries about health impacts from the industrial noise.

“They know who they are. I’m sure of that,” Provost said. “Figure out a way to muffle the noise.”

Tyler Brownbridge / PostmediaSome west-end residents believe industrial activity on Zug Island is the culprit

He said people started posting on Facebook at the Windsor/Essex County Hum page at 9:20 p.m. Sunday and then there was another flurry of posts Monday morning between 5:45 a.m. and 10 a.m. He’s been recording the hum continually for years and changes his tape every 24 hours, he said. He’s hoping all the information will help show politicians what the residents put up with and pinpoint a cause.

Windsor drummer Jeff Burrows, who lives in south Windsor, said he heard the long, drawn-out, low frequency hum for the first time in more than a year at 4 a.m. Monday. It woke him up. “It’s like four in the morning and I’m like uh, seriously.”
    He turned to Twitter to post that the hum was back.

Sonya Skillings, who was the first one to take the mysterious hum to the press, said she noticed the hum more this morning as she got her kids ready for school. She said it was one of the worst rumblings in the last six years. “It’s aggravating.”

Nick Brancaccio / Postmedia West Windsor resident Mike Provost, left, discusses the Windsor Hum with neighbour Tony Beny

She doesn’t know if she’s hearing the hum or feeling it as it shakes her west Windsor home. She’d like to know exactly what it is and if something could be done to confine it, she said.

Windsor West MP Brian Masse’s office usually hears about it when the hum is bothersome. Masse who is in Ottawa wasn’t available Monday afternoon but a message was left at the Windsor office about the number of calls or emails received recently on the hum.

Related

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Constance (18th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (18th June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread