+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Astrology fun quiz.

1. Link to Post #1
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Astrology fun quiz.

I think i made a little discovery .
    Write down 3 singers or music producers that you like and 3 artists that you like and 3 scientists that you like.

from my little testing it seems to me that in the case of musicians and artists/show man/ movies stars at least one of them in each cathegory will be pisces.
    in the case of scientists at least one of the will be gemini or pisces if not all.

please let me know if i got it right.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

jitu (26th April 2015), ulli (26th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,266 times in 763 posts

Default Re: Astrology fun quiz.

Of my 3 actor friends, 2 are Pisces and work in television and film. The 3rd is a musical theatre type, and is Sagittarius, which makes total sense. btw Leo moon=Talk show hosts Gemini's are almost always interesting, so the scientist angle makes sense, too.
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

simbad24 (26th April 2015), ulli (26th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

in my experience without me knowing astrology i made a list with 5 people that i truly like from media and they all were pisces. and after that i started naming another 12 . and they all were pisces. and they had success. they were well known. and nobody made that link.
    in science they were pisces and gemini. i think scorpio has a connection with those two. i''m an airy scorpio and that means i can connect with gemini air and also with the depths of pisces.

possible explanation for this.
    in water signs there you can reach for deep truths and you are closer to that emotion and you are able to tell a better story or from a scientific perspective you know what to look for in order to make a good theory about what generates it all.
    in air signs you have the capacity to extract yourself from the world and see the big picture and easily go to what is truly important from what it has already emerged.
    Last edited by simbad24; 26th April 2015 at 11:04.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

ulli (26th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,160 times in 13,484 posts

When studying astrology one learns keywords which sum up the qualities of a given sign.

Pisces' keywords are imagination, fantasy, and also self sacrifice.
    All these are needed in an acting career.
    Gemini's main keyword is communication, so you will find here writers, teachers, public speakers, media people and also obsessive compulsive scrabble players.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

aranuk (26th April 2015), seko (26th April 2015), Snoweagle (26th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

i observed that. gemini are very social creatures. but i was talking about art and science.
    in the near future i think i'm going to do get some human data and link it to astrology but only for sun signs to be able to put astrology to the test. i expect some things to get confirmed and others to be truly the opposite.
    science should be also considered for the capacity to predict.
    and i will be looking for that. for behaviour, for field of work , for relationships, for life purpose. we have almost 2000 years of information and bilions of people to test those theories on. i will try to look for similarities and unified theories and not for distinctions.
    i would also try and study blood factor, eye color, face type, body type.
    it's a very unexplored field from my perspective. in astrology courses you only learn theories and not how they reach those conclusions. i want some raw data. big raw data. statistics is not math because mathematicians don't lie to themselves. i think the whole field of statistics is a fraud. the theories that they come up with are not tested are just deducted and you can prove anything with statistics. if the assumption is wrong the conclusions are always false. it might also be possible that assumptions are correct and the conclusions are false.
    Last edited by simbad24; 26th April 2015 at 13:27.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

ulli (26th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Check out Michel Gauquelin. French statistician who did a study of planets rising (on the Asendant) and culminating (on the Midheaven) using the birth times of thousands of Belgian subjects.

http://www.astrologer.com/bio/gauquelin.htm

The most notable was the Mars effect. Also Saturn on the Ascendant, was prominent with politicians as Saturn rules laws.

It is important to understand how the planets' influences are similar to the signs they are traditionally associated with, Ie Sun-Leo, Moon-Cancer, Mercury-Gemini/Virgo, Venus-Libra/Taurus, Mars-Aries/Scorpio, Jupiter-Sagittarius/Pisces, Saturn-Capricorn/ Aquarius, Uranus-Aquarius, Neptune-Pisces, Pluto-Scorpo.
    Last edited by ulli; 26th April 2015 at 13:52.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

aranuk (26th April 2015), Cognitive Dissident (27th April 2015), seko (26th April 2015), simbad24 (26th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Check out Michel Gauquelin. French statistician who did a study of planets rising (on the Asendant) and culminating (on the Midheaven) using the birth times of thousands of Belgian subjects.

The most notable was the Mars effect. Also Saturn on the Ascendant, was prominent with politicians as Saturn rules laws.

It is important to understand how the planets' influences are similar to the signs they are traditionally associated with, Ie Sun-Leo, Moon-Cancer, Mercury-Gemini/Virgo, Venus-Libra/Taurus, Mars-Aries/Scorpio, Jupiter-Sagittarius/Pisces, Saturn-Capricorn/ Aquarius, Uranus-Aquarius, Neptune-Pisces, Pluto-Scorpo.
    this is only one way of looking at things. and it's a good thing that the study was done. but isn't it wierd that no one else did that? there could have been hundreds of thousands of similar studies done with different other types of links. astrology sufferes from the same illness that "rational science" suffers from. intelectual arrogance. pretending to know it all. the studies would have been very easy to do
    (the data collection) . the theories , the interpretation and the new discoveries would have been the job of a researcher and that would have been the fun part. i call bull**** on both their parts. you know astrology lacks a credible explanation of why this happens and that there isn't a single astrological way of thinking .... there are many of them? vedic, chinese, shaman, roman, gypsy.... and they all have things that actually work?
    do you know that the facial features which you like or you don't might be linked to spiritual values or with animal totems?
    do you know that the body also tells a big picture in evaluating a person's behaviour?
    Last edited by simbad24; 26th April 2015 at 15:06.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by simbad24 (here)

this is only one way of looking at things. and it's a good thing that the study was done. but isn't it wierd that no one else did that? there could have been hundreds of thousands of similar studies done with different other types of links. astrology sufferes from the same illness that "rational science" suffers from. intelectual arrogance. pretending to know it all. the studies would have been very easy to do
    (the data collection) . the theories , the interpretation and the new discoveries would have been the job of a researcher and that would have been the fun part. i call bull**** on both their parts. you know astrology lacks a credible explanation of why this happens and that there isn't a single astrological way of thinking .... there are many of them? vedic, chinese, shaman, roman, gypsy.... and they all have things that actually work?
    do you know that the facial features which you like or you don't might be linked to spiritual values or with animal totems?
    do you know that the body also tells a big picture in evaluating a person's behaviour?
    All this is true, and after all these years I could never understand why not more people tried to prove the validity. There was a time when I thought about giving a lecture, simply comparing the chart of my son, with my own, they actually look alike, physically. I was sure that in one hour I would be able to convince any skeptic.
    But then I found I was endlessly blocked...by all sorts of circumstances.
    And knowing what I know today I wouldn't dream of exposing our charts in a public setting. It is too dangerous.

But following that road of study one enters a rabbit hole, and in there are many treasures waiting to be discovered, which can boost one's own spiritual growth, and if I may add, I have never regretted going there. In fact as some Avalon members know, I was encouraging anyone to study it, and if they are not yet ready to face all sorts of truths about themselves, start by analyzing the charts of someone they know well. Self discovery is hard, and there are many, many pitfalls, to do with vanity and ego.

But if one can get past those, and astrology is one of the best tools out there, one will end up standing in awe and wonderment at the whole universe, and its workings.
    And the greatest discovery is that this universe was wired to one's own consciousness and at all time is waiting to serve and comply with one's wishes.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

aranuk (26th April 2015), jitu (26th April 2015), kirolak (26th April 2015), Matisse (27th April 2015), seko (26th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

ha. you speak well and colourfull. i don't want to convince other people. no . i want to convince myself. the best way to convince people is by actually using and integrating succesfully what you know in real life. then success is guaranteed.
    speaking of color . look at this...

this is vitamin c with a microscope.

this is vitamin c in a formula.i feel and observe that something is truly missing. i think they don't match.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	structuralformula4.png
Views:	769
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	29610  
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by simbad24; 26th April 2015 at 15:48.

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Fascinating, especially the geometry, and those colors...wow.
    But one of your photos didn't come out. There is only a tiny square.
    And so I probably missed the point you were making.....

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Is there any one Astrologer you would say is truly Great at the current time? I frequent Astrodienst, Astrograph and a few others to "compare notes".

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Matisse (27th April 2015)

20. Link to Post #12
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

refresh the page. the second image should be the "formula" that they discovered for it.

if you like colourful pictures i can show you another one that i'm most found of.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by simbad24; 26th April 2015 at 16:13.

21. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

All this is true, and after all these years I could never understand why not more people tried to prove the validity. There was a time when I thought about giving a lecture, simply comparing the chart of my son, with my own, they actually look alike, physically. I was sure that in one hour I would be able to convince any skeptic.
    And knowing what I know today I wouldn't dream of exposing our charts in a public setting. It is too dangerous.

But following that road of study one enters a rabbit hole, and in there are many treasures waiting to be discovered, which can boost one's own spiritual growth, and if I may add, I have never regretted going there. In fact as some Avalon members know, I was encouraging anyone to study it, and if they are not yet ready to face all sorts of truths about themselves, start by analyzing the charts of someone they know well. Self discovery is hard, and there are many, many pitfalls, to do with vanity and ego.

But if one can get past those, and astrology is one of the best tools out there, one will end up standing in awe and wonderment at the whole universe, and its workings.
    And the greatest discovery is that this universe was wired to one's own consciousness and at all time is waiting to serve and comply with one's wishes.
    Completely agree that Astrology is a brilliant tool and it works (as per my personal experience), but as any other tool it has limitations in use which include limitations of the person using the tool. I’ve seen/experienced some amazing things astrology can do, in predicting things or solving problems like health/money etc.

In my understanding (I may be completely wrong here), it’s a probability tool which for example would suggest that a Pisces person has imagination, creative artistic abilities, one of its symbol is a two fishes joined head to tail symbolising rebirth/reincarnation, duality etc. That’s why lots of Pisces get attracted towards films/TV/art which gives them freedom to express themselves. Astrology being a probability tool only says this kind of people will be good in this area, but not all Pisces are film stars and not all film stars are Pisces. (I thought of 3 film stars are none of them are Pisces.) But basic traits will reflect in a person’s personality like Sagittarians are optimists (overly most of the time), Scorpions are practical, Aries are dominant etc.
    Coming back to Pisces example and probability, lots of final outcome also depends on actions of individual. At-least the astrology branch I’m reading (Indian) suggests that Actions play its part too. Two Pisces kids born at the same time in same place, both won’t be actors. Probability changes depending on where one person joins drama group in college/school, other may joins soccer. Even if they both join drama class, they may not have similar experience/guidance etc. One may miss the train for that big audition which made him/her a star and so probability keeps changing. But as their basic trait is being creative, both will show it. One might show it in films, other might show it at home helping their kid decorating things.

Though no clue how it works , just experience that it does .

Also I’m not sure why it is dangerous to expose your chart in public except for personal data security. Please explain if possible (drop me a message please if not possible to share on forum). Thanks.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jitu For This Post:

simbad24 (27th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jitu (here)

Completely agree that Astrology is a brilliant tool and it works (as per my personal experience), but as any other tool it has limitations in use which include limitations of the person using the tool. I’ve seen/experienced some amazing things astrology can do, in predicting things or solving problems like health/money etc.

In my understanding (I may be completely wrong here), it’s a probability tool which for example would suggest that a Pisces person has imagination, creative artistic abilities, one of its symbol is a two fishes joined head to tail symbolising rebirth/reincarnation, duality etc. That’s why lots of Pisces get attracted towards films/TV/art which gives them freedom to express themselves. Astrology being a probability tool only says this kind of people will be good in this area, but not all Pisces are film stars and not all film stars are Pisces. (I thought of 3 film stars are none of them are Pisces.) But basic traits will reflect in a person’s personality like Sagittarians are optimists (overly most of the time), Scorpions are practical, Aries are dominant etc.
    Coming back to Pisces example and probability, lots of final outcome also depends on actions of individual. At-least the astrology branch I’m reading (Indian) suggests that Actions play its part too. Two Pisces kids born at the same time in same place, both won’t be actors. Probability changes depending on where one person joins drama group in college/school, other may joins soccer. Even if they both join drama class, they may not have similar experience/guidance etc. One may miss the train for that big audition which made him/her a star and so probability keeps changing. But as their basic trait is being creative, both will show it. One might show it in films, other might show it at home helping their kid decorating things.

Though no clue how it works , just experience that it does .

Also I’m not sure why it is dangerous to expose your chart in public except for personal data security. Please explain if possible (drop me a message please if not possible to share on forum). Thanks.
    The danger lies in that a chart can expose vulnerabilities, and in particular vulnerable future moments where enemies decide to take advantage of such knowledge. As you have black magicians with malicious intent, to do harm to someone, equally astrology can be used in a similar way, as it offers the knowledge of best timing.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Matisse (27th April 2015), simbad24 (27th April 2015), Wind (27th April 2015)

25. Link to Post #15
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

from a root thinking aproach maybe ancient primitives observed that people born in automn differ from the ones who are born in summer and that is where the link comes from. i'm thinking that all astrology can be re-written. i've seen sagitarius which are true scorpios and i've seen other signs that behave like the other. i'm not such of fan ascendant. i'm quessing that the effort should be drawn to putting up a large database of past destinyies of people and researchers who are interested should access that and draw their own conclusions. but as you stated it doesn't work 100%. the root principles work but the actual destiny drawn is way too much. i don't believe even in horoscopes even though they have some 30-40% accuracy for the yearly one. but i believe in identifying typologies. if i will make enugh cash this is going to be my next life endeavor. to set up a new institute of reserch in this field. i was thinking also on symbolism. and on body and facial features. maybe on supersensing , psychic abilities, dream interpretation. the institute should have at it's core to do not deny other people's experiences if they are honest and to not make the theories that are the best as absolute truth. but it has to have a root in a new type of science gnoseology. and i think i got the solution in setting that up. there is also a huge benefit with this new science which is actually an old one , a natural one, a humanistic one in every ""logies"" that the materialistic way of thinking made a joke out of . i was thinking also about economic simulators to draw new theories about economic behaviour.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    Is there any one Astrologer you would say is truly Great at the current time? I frequent Astrodienst, Astrograph and a few others to "compare notes".
    Astrodienst is probably one of the best sites i have seen for astrology... but still to get the big picture you need a personal reading that goes further than just aspects occuring , you need to take into
    account which houses they occur, is it a sensitive place in your chart, who rules the house and what is happening with those planets.... are the planets involved in an exhalted or detrimental position...
    it,s mind boggling...so much data and things to take into consideration... the variables are more than in chess... so you need a good astrologer who is inspired at that particular moment... and then it
    is right on...i completely beleive in astrology and find it fascinating.

Simbad24 i took your test and didn,t get any pisces out of the 9 names...it did surprise me because i relate deeply to pisces...having a pisces ascendent and also my moon and mars are in pisces in the first house...
    i always get along well with pisces people... i did get one gemini in the singer category... maybe just the solar sign is too vague and you should take into account as ulli suggested the ascendant and midheaven...mc...
    but still a great idea and keep working on it...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matisse For This Post:

kirolak (27th April 2015), simbad24 (27th April 2015), ulli (27th April 2015)

29. Link to Post #17
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

hey matisse . it's a theory in the making.... :D thanks for taking the test. if you did not get any of them than that like in the psychic tests which are online it might mean somethig still in the train of thought. maybe you enjoy something completely different that means from your sun sign cathegory. not from water and air which antagonistic . one completes each other's work. but from fire or earth. but at this stage without a huge database it's just a speculation.
    http://movies.amctv.com/movie-guide/...s-of-all-time/
    http://www.shortlist.com/entertainme...time#gallery-1
    it seems that the earth signs rule in these tops just as an example. . but for the general population not for me. the general population has no clue of why it exists
    Last edited by simbad24; 27th April 2015 at 05:18.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

ha. you speak well and colourfull. i don't want to convince other people. no . i want to convince myself. the best way to convince people is by actually using and integrating succesfully what you know in real life. then success is guaranteed.
    speaking of color . look at this...

this is vitamin c with a microscope.

this is vitamin c in a formula.i feel and observe that something is truly missing. i think they don't match.
    Since I'm really ignorant when it comes to chemistry, I fear I missed the point you were trying to make.
    (Sorry if I'm not responding as quickly as might be desired, but I have quite a bit on my plate this week.)

32. Link to Post #19
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

it seems to me that the formula does not tell the whole story and that there are more elements there. i don't have a lab. in chemistry class i learned a lot of formulas but nobody showed microscopic elements and how they discovered the formula. i know for a fact that vitamin c which is synthetic does not work as expected and is different from the real thing. natural vitamin c besides ascorbic acid it is said that it has a lot of organic compounds that surrounds it. when you take all that there are no side effects for vitamin c.

33. Link to Post #20
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

from a root thinking aproach maybe ancient primitives observed that people born in automn differ from the ones who are born in summer and that is where the link comes from. i'm thinking that all astrology can be re-written. i've seen sagitarius which are true scorpios and i've seen other signs that behave like the other. i'm not such of fan ascendant. i'm quessing that the effort should be drawn to putting up a large database of past destinyies of people and researchers who are interested should access that and draw their own conclusions. but as you stated it doesn't work 100%. the root principles work but the actual destiny drawn is way too much. i don't believe even in horoscopes even though they have some 30-40% accuracy for the yearly one. but i believe in identifying typologies. if i will make enugh cash this is going to be my next life endeavor. to set up a new institute of reserch in this field. i was thinking also on symbolism. and on body and facial features. maybe on supersensing , psychic abilities, dream interpretation. the institute should have at it's core to do not deny other people's experiences if they are honest and to not make the theories that are the best as absolute truth. but it has to have a root in a new type of science gnoseology. and i think i got the solution in setting that up. there is also a huge benefit with this new science which is actually an old one , a natural one, a humanistic one in every ""logies"" that the materialistic way of thinking made a joke out of . i was thinking also about economic simulators to draw new theories about economic behaviour.
    Not sure what did you mean by primitive, but ancients were far from the literal meaning of it. There are two main parts in Astrology one which deals with maths of it.. like position of planets and speed and when they will be where etc. and second which deals with the effects of planets on human beings. If they knew about speeds, orbits and positions of planets thousands of years ago then they were definitely onto something.
    People are combination of all the effects of houses, signs and planets etc. Scorpio sign is owned by Mars, so if Mars is strong in someone's chart with Sagittarian sun sign it will bring the qualities of Mars alongside Jupiter who owns Sagittarius. so you'll have a Scorpio kind of Sagittarian. Anyway Sun-signs are too broad and general to make any concrete predictions/conclusions.
    Based on my limited knowledge, I think it works quite well depending on how much efforts one put into the calculations.

Your idea is good and I wish that you get a jackpot to work on it :-).
    Take care.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to jitu For This Post:

simbad24 (27th April 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast